Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(09-05-2024, 10:02 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(09-05-2024, 09:51 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: Red Kong XIX is a fucking idiot
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-29#post-128108592
Red Kong XIX
Quote:Guess I missed the reality where the Wii U didn't massively tank the stock price of the entire company?

It's true that they could salvage a lot (and I mean a lot) from the Wii U failure. Doesn't change that this was objectively a bigger (probably still the not biggest) flop in videogame history compared to this. The company Nintendo as a whole struggled because of this console launch, while this Concord trainwreck wont impact Sony to that degree.

And I disagree that there will nothing come out of this. It's way to early too tell. Sony could learn that their live service initiate was too big and start to invest more into singleplayer games for example.
Aleh
Quote:The Wii U fail was big because it was heavy, the Concord fail is big because it is total, different flavors of failure
Hesright

??? 

So your agree that WiiU is currently a heavier failure.

The WiiU was an implementation failure.

Concord is a strategic failure.

One is easier to rectify than the other.
Seems normal for Japan if you look at their past before WESTERN WHITE PIG influence.
(09-05-2024, 11:37 PM)Potato wrote:
(09-05-2024, 09:21 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(09-05-2024, 09:14 PM)Potato wrote: He's seriously calling Astrobot, a Sony first party game, a small game? 

God he's a fucking idiot.

Doge 

I mean, compared with GoW or Horizon, it is. There is a reason why Sony gutted their Japan Studio but let Team Asobi be. 

(A foolish decision in the long run, but Firewalk was a must buy Awesome )

I mean, you don’t think that the Princess Peach game has the same budget as Mario Odyssey, don’t you?

No, only a retard would even seriously pose that question. 

In the same vein, only a retard would consider a first party game to be "small" when considering the vast resources available to the developers in the development of that game.

Don't go full  PlayStation™ Fan Discussing Their Fine Products

Quote:In a single week, the same company modeled two divergent paths for the video game industry: 1) a trend-chasing GAAS with a reported nine-figure budget that was killed 11 days after release, and 2) a small but focused game in a somewhat niche genre that could win Game of the Year

Astro Bot budget was problaby way smaller than Concord. Yeshrug
(09-05-2024, 11:18 PM)Cheers wrote:
Quote:So, the add was for a website called Spoonful of Comfort. The gist of the add is a lady who says she is sick, and her friend sent her a "care pack." The care pack had two 32-ounce soups, some cookies, and some rolls....for $100.

Now, the premise of this is the lady is sick. So now, she has to go get her kettle and pour the soup in it which means she'll be doing dishes while sick. So, 64 ounces of soup she has to warm up and eat before too long because they are not canned.

I dunno. This seems like a concept that could've ended immediately after somebody in the focus group asked, "Why wouldn't a person just DoorDash their friend some soup from Bob Evans since its already hot and ready to eat and comes with rolls AND it'll be there within 40 minutes instead of being shipped FedEx?"

I feel like the number of rip-offs that are blatant rip-offs these days is growing. And yes, I recognize the irony in talking about rip-offs when it comes to fees DoorDash sneaks in.

Quote:She probably had a microwave oven?
Quote:Did you say pour the soup... In the kettle ?
Quote:Who the fuck puts soup in a kettle??? Lmao you heat it up on the stove or in the microwave
Quote:I'm very tired right now, and op talking about putting soup in a damn kettle has twisted my melon something rotten.
Soup...in a kettle?
Sending someone a thoughtful gift to make them feel better is a burden? The hell? It's a bit expensive but it might be good quality soup that's better than local takeaways.

What is this miserable, cynical-ass post?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-saw-a-facebook-advertisement-for-something-that-would-be-a-burden-to-receive.973581/

That OP is peak "I need something to be mad about"

Yes, the whole thing is expensive and bougie but that should be right up Reee's alley. Booshka probably sends himself one of these each day.
https://www.spoonfulofcomfort.com/

They are a bunch of lazy fucks though, so boiling water might be a bridge too far for some of them.
(09-05-2024, 11:12 PM)Boredfrom wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/laura-kate-dale-nintendo-needs-a-reason-for-the-girl-to-be-the-hero.973080/page-5#post-128233218

Dice wrote:Aonuma saying "What will Link do if Zelda is the star" is depressing because it completely ignores and highlights the question if it were reversed, which is the often common state of the Zelda series: "If Link is the hero, what will Zelda do?" and the answer has been to largely sideline her, or funny enough, given contradictory examples as to what her appeal is in the rare game she DOES get control. But it's often more bite-sized, or we get arbitrary-like conditions like Zelda can't wield a sword in EoW (unless she's channeling the blank-slate male hero) and relies on other work around methods to dish damage... I like that they're trying to make her play differently (truly!) ...but also in some other lines of questioning: Why do they have to go such lengths to make these conditions for a female hero? 🤨

You know why people have low opinion of Dice? Because she complains about sexism while supporting transexual grifters like Laura Kate. But that's none of my business...

First off, I don't know why she acts like there aren't plenty of female characters in games, especially in recent years, but more specifically I don't understand why they're seriously bothered that Zelda isn't just a carbon copy version of Link.
Wouldn't that be boring? Wouldn't that completely ignore Zelda being her own character?
It would be like being upset that Luigi doesn't get a big standard Mario game but instead the unique Mansion spin off
Where are all the freegunners at?!?!?!?!?

[Image: A1eOP-ho_400x400.jpg]
the real reason to be angry at that Jason tweet is him calling 3D platformer a niche genre

Girlslaff

And you’d think Sony ponies would be wise enough to not count the chickens before they hatch. Good reviews don’t mean it sells enough to be a success (hi-fi rush).
(09-06-2024, 12:23 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(09-05-2024, 11:12 PM)Boredfrom wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/laura-kate-dale-nintendo-needs-a-reason-for-the-girl-to-be-the-hero.973080/page-5#post-128233218

Dice wrote:Aonuma saying "What will Link do if Zelda is the star" is depressing because it completely ignores and highlights the question if it were reversed, which is the often common state of the Zelda series: "If Link is the hero, what will Zelda do?" and the answer has been to largely sideline her, or funny enough, given contradictory examples as to what her appeal is in the rare game she DOES get control. But it's often more bite-sized, or we get arbitrary-like conditions like Zelda can't wield a sword in EoW (unless she's channeling the blank-slate male hero) and relies on other work around methods to dish damage... I like that they're trying to make her play differently (truly!) ...but also in some other lines of questioning: Why do they have to go such lengths to make these conditions for a female hero? 🤨

You know why people have low opinion of Dice? Because she complains about sexism while supporting transexual grifters like Laura Kate. But that's none of my business...

First off, I don't know why she acts like there aren't plenty of female characters in games, especially in recent years, but more specifically I don't understand why they're seriously bothered that Zelda isn't just a carbon copy version of Link.
Wouldn't that be boring? Wouldn't that completely ignore Zelda being her own character?
It would be like being upset that Luigi doesn't get a big standard Mario game but instead the unique Mansion spin off

Because they don’t see them as characters (fair enough, given Nintendo “gameplay first” philosophy and multiple Links and Zeldas) and more like video games icons that need to be challenged. They just to make Zelda THE LINK (main character that defeats everything and gets celebrated), rather than actually caring about Zelda as an archetype: the heroine that uses Wisdom rather than Power or Courage. Of course, you can argue that there is sexist connotations with this archetype (woman thinks, man acts), but this has been the basis of the franchise and they have showed not having real problem with this. 

The thing that is annoying is not that I don’t get their point, but that they genuinely want to force Nintendo to change its product even if it makes no sense marketing wise. So they frame it like there is a huge segment of female gamers that are desperate to play as Zelda, rather than they waiting to get their ideas socially validated (in a big shallow way, worse of all).

They expect a conservative company as Nintendo to change something by whining enough (while still buying and hyping their products). This is a company that still doesn’t see itself as an entertainment company or even a software one.  

I sympathize with the sentiment of people waiting a playable Zelda, but not with some disingenuous premises like “there is a huge market waiting” or “there is no reason for Nintendo not to do it as Link with boobs.”
(09-06-2024, 12:32 AM)TylenolJones wrote: the real reason to be angry at that Jason tweet is him calling 3D platformer a niche genre

Girlslaff

And you’d think Sony ponies would be wise enough to not count the chickens before they hatch. Good reviews don’t mean it sells enough to be a success (hi-fi rush).
I don’t know man… The game is probably not a system seller, but PS5 owners who are desperate for a quality first party game will probably purchase this, especially after seeing how impressive the tech looks on it. Like seriously this might be the only next gen game that is truly pushing hardware in a very positive way.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(09-06-2024, 12:53 AM)DocWager wrote:
(09-06-2024, 12:32 AM)TylenolJones wrote: the real reason to be angry at that Jason tweet is him calling 3D platformer a niche genre

Girlslaff

I don’t know man… The game is probably not a system seller, but PS5 owners who are desperate for a quality first party game will probably purchase this, especially after seeing how impressive the tech looks on it. Like seriously this might be the only next gen game that is truly pushing hardware in a very positive way.

I mean I’d like to see it succeed since I like 3d platformers, but Japan Studio mo at this point is critical acclaim, commercial bomb.
I always imagine that stuff like Bowsette or Link crossdressing in BOTW made a lot of Nintendo executive angry, specially because both have clear sexual connotations within their fandoms. Again, this is the same company that thought that Paper Mario companions made Mario lore to complicated, so they are concerned about this characters as brands rather than evolving entertainment stories. 

So yeah, they definitely want that Zelda plays differently than Link because Link is, let’s say this with a little of cynicism, the “breadwinner”. The name of the franchise is not Zelda but the Legend of Zelda, because Zelda is designed as the excuse for the hero to go on adventure.

In that regard, I would sympathize more with Dice and others if they actually tried to change this or make something about if they cared that much… rather than just complain about it and boosting scumbags like Lara Kate Dale that make more IRL damage to feminist causes than Zelda not playing like Link.
(09-06-2024, 01:08 AM)TylenolJones wrote:

Girlslaff

I mean I’d like to see it succeed since I like 3d platformers, but Japan Studio mo at this point is critical acclaim, commercial bomb.

Then again, I don’t think any game from Japan Studio bombed as hard as Concord. But that's none of my business...
(09-05-2024, 11:12 PM)Boredfrom wrote: They just to make Zelda THE LINK (main character that defeats everything and gets celebrated), rather than actually caring about Zelda as an archetype: the heroine that uses Wisdom rather than Power or Courage.

Zelda strategy game where she's conquering like a sexy Napoleon when?

Miyamoto
(09-05-2024, 03:49 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-cutting-off-your-family-good-therapy-article.972837/post-128207355

Quote:Orayn said:

EDIT: for clarity: I really don't like the idea that you have an absolute, unshakeable obligation to stay connected with your family. Being able to cut them off if they're horrible to you seems like a very basic right to self-determination.

Before the EDIT for "clarity"....

Quote:Orayn said:

Blood relations mean nothing, that's fascist thinking. You don't owe people shit just because you're related.

omfg

entrenment was too quick and quoted him before the edit.  lol

This guy is severely mentally ill and not in a “haha” way.
(09-06-2024, 01:12 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
(09-06-2024, 12:53 AM)DocWager wrote: I don’t know man… The game is probably not a system seller, but PS5 owners who are desperate for a quality first party game will probably purchase this, especially after seeing how impressive the tech looks on it. Like seriously this might be the only next gen game that is truly pushing hardware in a very positive way.

Then again, I don’t think any game from Japan Studio bombed as hard as Concord. But that's none of my business...

I was going to point to the last guardian, but then I looked up the concord employee count and they had 170 people working on it. Astro bot only had 60 over a three year period so yeah can’t do worse than concord.
(09-05-2024, 10:01 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-30#post-128108841
Quote:Wow also 29 pages wtf
Quote:People love the negativity and won't pass up an opportunity to dance on a grave.
It's a fucking video game ffs  omfg

That fucking board is more concerned about their members possibly dancing on a videogame's digital grave, than if they dance on a real person's grave/death.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rapper-artist-rich-homie-quan-dead-at-34-od.973377/post-128228256
Quote:Just a kid, no age at all. What a shame.

No wonder these fucks act like children and watch Bluey. They think 34 is just a kid.

Girlslaff

If there was anything else appealing that was coming out soon for PS5 then I’d say nobody would think about grabbing this first, but PS5 has nothing else right now. This is it. If nobody buys then people are leaving their console to dust(born).
(09-06-2024, 01:25 AM)JoeBoy101 wrote:
(09-05-2024, 10:01 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-30#post-128108841
Quote:Wow also 29 pages wtf
Quote:People love the negativity and won't pass up an opportunity to dance on a grave.
It's a fucking video game ffs  omfg

That fucking board is more concerned about their members possibly dancing on a videogame's digital grave, than if they dance on a real person's grave/death.

Only if it's a PlayStation game though. Xbox bombs are hilarious and mod sanctioned grave dancing is acceptable.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-saw-a-facebook-advertisement-for-something-that-would-be-a-burden-to-receive.973581/post-128245089
Quote:This is such an abysmal business idea.
I can just picture someone excitedly explaining to their friend that they have this awesome idea to sell soup online for $100.
And then a year later explaining why the business went under.

Far be it from me to say RetardEra doesn't know what they are talking about but Spoonful of Comfort has Yelp reviews going back to Feb 1, 2011. 

13 years ain't a bad run. Success
(09-06-2024, 01:37 AM)DocWager wrote:
(09-06-2024, 12:53 AM)DocWager wrote: I don’t know man… The game is probably not a system seller, but PS5 owners who are desperate for a quality first party game will probably purchase this, especially after seeing how impressive the tech looks on it. Like seriously this might be the only next gen game that is truly pushing hardware in a very positive way.

If there was anything else appealing that was coming out soon for PS5 then I’d say nobody would think about grabbing this first, but PS5 has nothing else right now. This is it. If nobody buys then people are leaving their console to dust(born).

It'll sell like any other non-Mario platformer. Lack of options on PS5 won't make much of a difference because everyone with a PS5 has already come to terms with the lack of games and has access to other platforms. 

The PlayStation crowd just isn't going to buy a 3D platformer en masse. Not like the Nintendo crowd anyway.
If you're a grown ass man who is excited for astrobot I dont know what to tell you.

Now excuse me while I try and convince myself gundam breaker 4 isnt boring as shit while I wait for the space marine servers to unfuck themselves.
Sorry to tell you this XBoners, but you’re about to enter the Astrobot Era.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, benji, Taco Bell Tower
(09-06-2024, 01:25 AM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/rapper-artist-rich-homie-quan-dead-at-34-od.973377/post-128228256

No wonder these fucks act like children and watch Bluey. They think 34 is just a kid.

I think that might be a Sopranos reference.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, killamajig, Taco Bell Tower
(09-06-2024, 01:55 AM)Ribosome wrote:
(09-06-2024, 01:25 AM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/rapper-artist-rich-homie-quan-dead-at-34-od.973377/post-128228256

I think that might be a Sopranos reference.

[Image: NBauPNhm.jpg]
(09-06-2024, 12:26 AM)malfoyking wrote: Where are all the freegunners at?!?!?!?!?

[Image: A1eOP-ho_400x400.jpg]

if they're charging $40 to be a freegunner does that mean next year when it's free to play they're gonna call them paygunners Thinking
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtubers-who-you-sub-but-then-certain-red-flags-show-up-that-they-become-or-are-maga.952383/page-9#post-128249253

Chaos2Frozen wrote:In general I'm kinda wary of white dudes channel talking about history….. specifically weapon and warfare history….
Spoiler:  (click to show)

Me too that's why i get my weapon info from a fellow brown man.
OH!
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(09-06-2024, 02:34 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtubers-who-you-sub-but-then-certain-red-flags-show-up-that-they-become-or-are-maga.952383/page-9#post-128249253

Chaos2Frozen wrote:In general I'm kinda wary of white dudes channel talking about history….. specifically weapon and warfare history….
Fuck Dr. Mark Felton!
(09-06-2024, 02:40 AM)D3RANG3D wrote:
Spoiler:  (click to show)

Me too that's why i get my weapon info from a fellow brown man.
OH!

I would give a lot to shoot one of those.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D