Nintendo Switch Thread
(07-01-2023, 10:13 AM)Nintex wrote:
Quote:The last two Zeldas are very different. Old fans sometimes cry out that they would prefer a classic, old-fashioned Zelda. Would you like to make that sometime?

Aonuma: It’s difficult to say anything about the future. That being said: thanks to previous Zelda games, a game like Tears of the Kingdom now exists. This game originated from the ideas that we had in the past. We always try to create something that offers more than previous titles. In that respect, we really aren’t concerned with our older games anymore. We prefer to look to the future.
Interesting detail from a Dutch interview with Aonuma. Sounds like he's no longer looking at remakes and such.

I mean what would they remake at this point?

doing OOT or Majora again would be overkill imo, altho it is random they're on 3ds
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
Apart from using the two Oracle games to try and squeeze more out of the Link's Awakening remake engine, Zelda 2 would be the big one I'd imagine.

Talking about squeezing more out of engines, some banging tracks in the upcoming DLC.
(07-06-2023, 08:39 PM)Nintex wrote:

Talking about squeezing more out of engines, some banging tracks in the upcoming DLC.

If Nintendo doesn't take the opportunity with the upcoming Mario RPG remake to introduce a Booster Pass track as part of the Booster Course Pass (just for the alliteration alone)...I don't know what to think anymore.   Sad

New Switch "Exclusive" remaster.
Finally had time to play some more Tears of the Kingdom.

Beat the Fire temple, which was decent and had a classic Zelda-style boss. 

Having a ton of fun exploring the Hyrule Field / Nebula region. I remember that outside the castle this was a weak area in Breath of the Wild. Outside of a couple references there wasn't a whole lot to do as it was pretty much the starting area to guide you to either the Rito mountains or Zora's domain.

In TOTK this area has a ton of content™. I entered an abandoned village, goddamn gloom hands show up. Noticed a well, jumped down, landed right on a Talus. 
Beat the Talus, found a shrine. Beat the shrine, got back to the surface. Entered the Skyview tower, went to a Sky Island with a crystal puzzle and had to built a motherfucking aeroplane to carry a Crystal from island A to B.

This game is sooo good Lawd
Me: "I can probably skip Pikmin 4"

Damn, Pikmin 4 got hands
Wtf at thinking of skipping Pikmin  YOU CRAZY MAN YOU CRAZY
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Potato
I usually get bored halfway through Pikmin games. At some point the risk vs. reward becomes weak and the game starts pulling all kinds of bullshit that instantly kill all your Pikmin and you have to keep going back to your ship to get new ones Trumps
Quote:Miyamoto: At E3, I spoke as if the game was finished. (Laughs)

Hino: I thought it was amazing. (Laughs)

When Pikmin was announced, I was under the impression that the development was close to being done.

Morii: But at that point, there was just one stage, as I recall. Plus, it was a layout made exclusively for that show. (Laughs)
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/ask-the-developer-vol-10-pikmin-4-part-1/

How do they keep getting away with this.
They came up with Pikmin during the SNES to N64 transition and had 1 stage by E3 2001. 
Dead 

Quote:I'd be thrilled if Pikmin cropped up in everyday conversation, like, “I wonder if Blue Pikmin will come out if it rains,” or “Do you think there are lots of Pikmin in Nintendo's headquarters?”
Miyamoto
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Tucker's Law
(07-12-2023, 09:00 PM)Nintex wrote:

New Switch "Exclusive" remaster.

[Image: nrUFxGm.png]

Wow!
5 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, hamarr, bork, BIONIC, Potato
Why would you do this when Canva exists?
canva is the most corpo npc shit ever, created so the desk lady can do "design" and be "creativeYeshrug
You're right. They should have used MS Paint instead
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, BIONIC, HardcoreRetro
Got the Xenoblade Amiibos these are probably the most detailed Amiibos yet Whoo
Anyone started Pikmin 4?

I have it, but I am still working through TOTK, so haven't opened it yet.

This the big Zelda news people are hyping?
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex
Does a USA Nintendo Shop prepaid card work on a Japanese Switch? I’m in the USA and want to play the new Mickey Mouse platformer.
(07-31-2023, 10:21 PM)chronovore wrote: Does a USA Nintendo Shop prepaid card work on a Japanese Switch? I’m in the USA and want to play the new Mickey Mouse platformer.

It should- I've used prepaid card codes for Japan, HK, and UK before on my Switch.  Just redeem it on your U.S. account, download the game, and you can play it on your main Japanese account.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore
Some good sales on Switch again. I picked up Chrono Cross with some left-over Gold Points. 

My backlog has steadily been growing though, still plowing through Tears of the Kingdom.

But I've since picked up about a dozen games, including Tactics Ogre, Age of Calamity, FE: Three Hopes, No More Heroes 3, Daemon X Machina and more on sale.
The map of Tears of the Kingdom is perhaps the greatest map in any video game ever.

There are just so many interesting landmarks and unique things to see and to do.
Why did nobody tell me what happens when you beat the hands.  Existential
(08-06-2023, 08:01 PM)Nintex wrote: Why did nobody tell me what happens when you beat the hands.  Existential

Oh neat, you finally met an old friend!  Worth doing for the weapons he drops.
Just spotted a good deal for Advance Wars 1+2, only 25 Eurodollar.

I already have like 6 or 7 games I haven't even started including Tactics Ogre  Subscribe to Info Wars!

Those hands are easy to beat with a fire rod btw, their friend not so much
I remember having trouble with the hands because I basically had no good equipment at that point. The solution was dropping one of those Zonai Cannons at the start of the fight, hit it and then use the ultrahand to point it at the hands. The explosion stunlocks them just long enough for the next cannonball to hit. 

I dealt with friend by just climbing the walls, paragliding over and pelting with bomb arrows.
Accidentally ended up at the Deku Tree through the depths but Deku Tree got hands. That room must've been designed by Aonuma himself.

Made the second Great Fairy cum tho, I'm going to travel to Hateno first to get more Orbs and hopefully gear.

How does Nintendo get away with naming the drummer BEETZ George Lucas
I've been sellin' my soul, climbin' all day
Overtime hours for bullshit orbs
So I can fly out here and waste my life away
Ride back home and cook my troubles away

It's a damn shame what Hyrule's gotten to
For people like me and people like you
Wish I could just wake up and it not be gloom
But it is, oh, it is

Livin' in the new world
With an old soul
These Monsters below of Hyrule, Lord knows they all
Just wanna have total control

Wanna know what you think, wanna know what you do
And they don't think you know, but I know that you do
'Cause your weapons ain't shit and they're degraded to no end
'Cause of Monsters below hyrule
Tears of the Kingdom is so fucking good.

I've played for about 70 hours now and fnished the Gerudo Dungeon. The quests also get more complex as you dive deeper into the game. BOTW had like 3 or 4 quests that required you to go around the map and this game has dozens of them. Sometimes you get only very subtle hints from characters about what you are supposed to do and in a few cases no hints or markers at all and you just stumble upon a massive multi-layered quest just by exploring.

I'm not using vehicles as much as I could though. The process to source parts, built them, power them and pilot them is slow compared to just doing most things on horseback and on foot.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore, Potato
I agree on the vehicles thing. Even with auto build I don't really care. I'm basically playing it like BotW. Ascend FTW.
Ascend is so good as is floating with the glider and skydiving, the Rito gust increases the distance you can fly by a whole lot.

I'm also enjoying the story but it almost seems like an alternate reality version of Ocarina of Time.
I wonder if Nintendo has hidden anything secret in the game that no one has found yet, there's just so many caves and random places to 'ascend' into.