Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(8 hours ago)Besticus Maximus wrote: Never heard of the game, never seen anything about it, literally no idea what it is and would never have heard of it if it wasn't culture war bullshit in the moralist gamer holy war

And I make a hobby out of watching gamer idiots enrage themselves about nonsense

I saw the trailer in  one of that lame Sony showcases. It’s one of the few games I genuinely consider DEI because it feels that it makes no sense to be this way outside some executive screaming to his employees to be this way.

It is supposed to be a TransMedia franchise:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/why-bandai-namco-is-betting-big-on-unknown-9s-transmedia-universe

Side note: the promotional posters and box arts make her look rather white. Yikes Mike
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
That would be crazy if someone created a network of trans gamer girl bots on bluesky that skeet just enough to build a following and ask for donations.

"building Gunpla at 3 AM like 'this is the only thing keeping my life together rn'"

"me: supposed to be tanking in FFXIV also me: omg did u see that glam?? 💅"

"when ur IRL housing situation is more cursed than trying to get a house in FFXIV 💀 if anyone can help out, my Ko-fi’s open 👉👈 [link]—even just a share would mean the world rn"
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower, DavidCroquet
(2 hours ago)kaleidoscopium wrote: [Image: CtuxoYF.jpeg]
https://bsky.app/profile/melodyshreds.bsky.social/post/3l6rgo7raiz2f

*don’t have any way to eat hood burgers tomorrow 

Sadly he was able to con another poor soul into donating a few bucks, in addition to our usual Stevarow. Kofi is up to 152% of $200

There's this account on bsky Melody reposts frequently for "mutual aid" and every single day they're one day away from getting kicked out of the "hotel" so they delete their posts all the time Rofl

Hey, Melody, maybe sell your steam deck if you're hungry you fat bitch.
4 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, nachobro, Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium
Gameplay videos are very generic even if it didn't look buggy. Seems it was this new studio's first game. Bandai Namco acquired the studio four years ago, shortly after the game was announced.

There's shockingly little information out there. All you know is the creative director of Assassin's Creed Paris left Ubisoft and started this studio. But Bandai Namco thought it was a good way to mix up the portfolio of Dragon Ball and Gundam games.
(10 hours ago)Nintex wrote: In good news another DEI disaster

Sweet Bomba Inc. lmao

When I looked a few hours ago it was up to 254. Progress!
(1 hour ago)Polident wrote: Gameplay videos are very generic even if it didn't look buggy. Seems it was this new studio's first game. Bandai Namco acquired the studio four years ago, shortly after the game was announced.

There's shockingly little information out there. All you know is the creative director of Assassin's Creed Paris left Ubisoft and started this studio. But Bandai Namco thought it was a good way to mix up the portfolio of Dragon Ball and Gundam games.

Bandai needs to bend the knee and beg miyazaki for a followup to elden ring
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(1 hour ago)Polident wrote: Gameplay videos are very generic even if it didn't look buggy. Seems it was this new studio's first game. Bandai Namco acquired the studio four years ago, shortly after the game was announced.

I still have no idea what this game is, how it works or what you're supposed to do

The name is probably responsible for the failure as much as anything.
4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, MJBarret, DavidCroquet
I haven't played the first eight Unknowns unfortunately.

This game doesn't even have a Wikipedia page. Let alone the "transmedia" franchise.
5 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Uncle, Besticus Maximus, Jansen
Everytime I read "hood burger" I think of this scene

4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium, Bootsthecat, D3RANG3D
Spoiler:  (click to show)

3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium, Jansen

Honestly looks like the kind of game that would fail whether there's a culture war or not, I don't think the protagonist race and gender would change this either way. 
It shows again though that all the "representation matters the most" folks don't actually put their money where their mouth is. The evil chuds at least buy their sexy protagonist games.

And yeah, that this is meant to be the start of a big multi media franchise is only a big turn off. Just feels very presumptive for a game that has proven nothing
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, MJBarret
I don't even know how marketing works these days, where should I have learned about unknown 9 from

youtube ads? banner ads? astroturfed accounts saying check out this neato upcoming game?

(1 hour ago)HaughtyFrank wrote: Honestly looks like the kind of game that would fail whether there's a culture war or not, I don't think the protagonist race and gender would change this either way. 
It shows again though that all the "representation matters the most" folks don't actually put their money where their mouth is. The evil chuds at least buy their sexy protagonist games.
And yeah, that this is meant to be the start of a big multi media franchise is only a big turn off. Just feels very presumptive for a game that has proven nothing

all the steam reviews say it performs worse than space marines 2 (which was also included with new AMD purchases) and yet looks and plays like a game from 2005
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(1 hour ago)Jansen wrote: Everytime I read "hood burger" I think of this scene

So no joke, this is weird... had to go in office on wed, I called someone a 'bitch ass trick's n it turned into a whole thing with explaining how I knew such a fun term. Thanks, larenz
4 users liked this post: Jansen, Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium, D3RANG3D
Does Bandai Namco even know they funded and published this? It's like it just suddenly appeared from nowhere but that article talks about it in development since 2019 and development was rebooted once. And this Reflector is supposed to produce five games over the next ten years. lol
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
Spoiler:  (click to show)
More Like SBI The Wokening!

I get no respect!
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
[Image: 70c8e72a09c78fb899ee49002a613469.png]

B-dubs is a dead man walking. Big Trans Boss Kyuuji piling on the pressure.
3 users liked this post: HaughtyFrank, benji, Jansen
Lol. The fat ginger is still buttraged he couldn’t get a mod position
1 user liked this post: Jansen
Quote:TheEchosOfTheCyborg
Today at 4:43 AM
#21,559
Hades is a curious one for me. On the one hand I do like the designs of many of the characters designs and do like Hera and Apthrodite aren't vilified (or in Apthrodite's case slut shammed because it's bad if she cheats (despite being forced into a marriage she didn't want because Hephaestus bribed Zeus and then asked for a refund when he caught her with Ares, the god she truly wanted to be with BUT it is okay when Hephaestus's cheats on her!/s) to make Zeus and Hephaestus (God of Incels) look good/better like so much modern fiction does.

But on the other hand it does fall into some modern tropes that do wish were subverted like the idea women aren't allowed to be monstrous or ugly in fiction (the Furies, who should be the Semnai at the point but whatever and Medusa), Apthrodite being the most beautiful and fitting modern beauty standards (while this varied a LOT in ancient Greek Literatures, some hymes and even variation of the Golden Apple myth has Hera being the most beautiful god and some cases, Apthrodite was portrayed as the more larger of the goddesses) etc.

And I know these two are very much me ones but it baffles me Chaos is a character in those games (usually they weren't portrayed as a god but a state or void the universe was in) and while it seems to be more implied, implying Artemis is into women (I get this is a popular modern interpretation to make Artemis is a lesbian and "virgin" in ancient Greek could also just mean "unmarried" (though Hestia in her few myths makes it clear she isn't interested in anyone), but yeah I just don't see it and see her asexual (which makes it a shame people erase that); especially given her treatment of Callisto one of the few gay women in Greek myth, the fact she was treated as the opposite of Apthrodite, the fact her hunters, both men and women hunters refused to have sex following Artemis's teachings (to Aphrodite's anger, see the myth of Hippolytus) and just all the Greek myths I've, I just don't see it. It also ignores that Apthrodite was the goddesses we know wlw women in Greece preyed to for romance help like Sappho and honest it feels like the reason that's ignored is because of that centuries of slut shaming and vilification she's suffered and as much I hate to say this but I have seen some people go, here, the implications that a bi/pan goddess is worthy or "pure" enough to be Goddess of Sapphic/wlw women (which honestly feels plays into nasty bierasure and biphobic shit I've seen over the decades, from bi people being inheritantly "not trust worthy" because they might leave you for a man, or we're traitors for dating people of different-sex, that we're "just confused" and that our sexuality doesn't exist, we just suddenly become straight or other get to dictate and name our sexuality for us). I also think Athena is a way better choice for being portrayed as a lesbian of the virgin goddesses given how some myths portray her relationship with Pallas, daughter of Triton, but their so many goddesses outside the 13 twelve Olympians that I feel make great candidates).
 Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Wow I wrote WAY more then I indented for that, sorry, really hope I haven't pissed people of with this (especially the Artemis part), I kind love mythology so I kind of go on and on about this stuff... Also I really don't like Hephaestus and how modern fiction erases all his horrible actions to make Apthrodite look worse.

Lilith, I feel like I might delete this post.

Today they're having a go at Hades in the burka thread
wait, Kyuuji mentions that B-Dubs ire was "directed at someone who frequently steps into the line of fire to placate the userbase"

Jawalrus 
Which mod is that? Does Era even have a mod like that? I've never encountered this mod or seen them post. And it sure as fuck ain't Nepenthe.
1 user liked this post: benji
whoever here has an alt account there, please send B dubs a DM requesting that he bans all his enemies. This is how that forum falls. This way, we can all move on here at The Bire, and become the true alt of forums. Then you guys can sell the forum to MOBA.