Random Gaming Talk
For when you don't want to make a thread
2.5D Sonic that actually looks good Shocked Pikachu
Why not make a thread for the dewritospopeappalooza?
The doordash ad was my favourite part so far.
3 users liked this post: MMaRsu, Nintex, BIONIC
*Final Fantasy 7: Ever Crisis trailer ends*

Talking about Final Fantasy....

WOOHOOOO

No NO no....

Place your order at Door Dash to get some exclusive Final Fantasy swag. 

Dead

Square Enix joining Nintendo and Capcom to carry the industry
FF7 Rebirth Mouf Lawd
1 user liked this post: Nintex
First day not working OT and the Diablo 4 servers are down!

Jussie
(06-08-2023, 08:06 PM)D3RANG3D wrote: Why not make a thread for the dewritospopeappalooza?

Now you know why.
It had some good stuff but most of it was just CG junk.
(06-08-2023, 09:04 PM)BIONIC wrote: FF7 Rebirth Mouf Lawd

how the fuck did geoff get away with that introduction just to cut to another dumbass weeby remake instead of introducing the next Warhorse game? i was so disappointed

Nintex
(06-08-2023, 10:47 PM)Nintex wrote:
(06-08-2023, 08:06 PM)D3RANG3D wrote: Why not make a thread for the dewritospopeappalooza?

Now you know why.
Why do you guys do this to yourselves?

Just punch yourself in the balls. You'll have a better time.
It's fun to laugh at.

(06-09-2023, 06:30 AM)Potato wrote:
(06-08-2023, 10:47 PM)Nintex wrote:

Now you know why.
Why do you guys do this to yourselves?

Just punch yourself in the balls. You'll have a better time.

It's a coping mechanism Trumps
1 user liked this post: Potato
(06-09-2023, 08:45 AM)HardcoreRetro wrote: It's fun to laugh at.

Grown men larping at being journalists that cheer at press conferences will never not be embarrassing.

What is it about the manchildren that cover tech/gaming that makes them behave so unprofessionally?
Just found out something that is worth checking on your own HDR gaming setup. While my Xbox Series X 'feels' like it's running at 60fps, I always had the feeling that it had more input lag than it should have. In most 'cinematic' games like Resident Evil 4 Remake or Elden Ring animations are slow so I can't really tell if that is just how the game is supposed to be. I do find the windows for parrying hard to hit on those games though. Games like Street Fighter 6 and 2D platformers however don't seem quite 'snappy' enough to begin with.

Today I tried out Street Fighter 6 over Moonlight and I was surprised at how well it ran and how little input lag there was but it looks a bit washed out and with PC HDR being garbage in general it isn't quite up to console level in terms of IQ. To compare and finally decide on a platform I downloaded the demo on Xbox too to see how streaming stacks up and then I noticed that on Xbox Series X it looked sharper but the input lag was 2x or 3x worse. This was weird, because how would playing over the network via streaming have less lag than directly playing on the Xbox.

I figured it was a TV setting that got reset after an update or just a bug in the demo so I tried a few things but nothing seemed to work. After some digging I discovered that some folks claimed that in some cases and with some TV models Dolby Vision caused lag and other issues on the Xbox and in some PS5 games too. Of course if you have all the bells and whistles your TV will automatically pick Dolby Vision over HDR10(+) as on paper at least it is supposed to be better. In other words many tech bro's and TV reviewers dismissed these claims of additional lag because...

After turning off Dolby Vision for Gaming on the Xbox, it still enables Dolby Vision (that button doesn't seem to work). So I turned it off completely for all content and apps on the Xbox and tried again. Street Fighter 6 is now silky smooth with very little input lag. While before I had considerable input lag. I booted up a few games I had on quick resume and again much snappier than before.

So if you feel like things aren't quite as smooth as they should be on your 4K gaming box, try turning off Dolby Vision. It made a big difference for me. This might also explain what I've seen some people call the 'Nintendo 30fps' that runs at 720p30 but somehow feels more responsive than 4k60.

As for the image, I personally prefer HDR10(+) over Dolby Vision for games. Games look more vibrant with vanilla HDR than Dolby Vision but it's a matter of preference I guess.
1 user liked this post: chronovore
https://gamejolt.com/games/raymanredemption/340532

Keighly 3 continues
"We have E3 at home"

*E3 at home*

[Image: e3athome5zfs8.png]

[Image: e3athome2ojcv3.png]

[Image: e3athome3lwizn.png]
1 user liked this post: Red Cyclone
(06-08-2023, 07:35 PM)Nintex wrote: 2.5D Sonic that actually looks good Shocked Pikachu

ehh im reminded of Sonic 4
1 user liked this post: Svejk
Starfield is looking way better, but the size of it already is too much to think about.  Lol Will give it a whirl on PC. Surprised they didn't hold it till November for the holiday.  

Avowed looks generally worse to me and looks like a fps Forspoken. Meh. Pass.

I dunno, but holy moly are the games coming now!  What a year it's been so far!  Lawd

Not very ambitious.

Quote:What's most impressive is how different Phantom Liberty feels compared to the vanilla experience and how these changes could breathe new life into the core experience. Nearly every system has been touched up or redone, and new mechanics have been introduced, such as car combat–and these features aren't limited to Phantom Liberty.

For example, cybernetics received a complete overhaul. Now, armor is tied to your cyberware rather than clothing. This means you can wear whatever you want without worrying about your overall defense and combat effectiveness. However, you can't install a bunch of cyberware at once. As you progress you'll increase your cyberware limit, and if you install too much you'll be hit with various debuffs. Not only that, but when you install new cyberware, you'll get to see the installation process from V's point of view. While we didn't get specific examples of how cyberpsychosis could affect your character, getting debuffs from excessive cybernetics fits within the context of the world. It seems like a much more refined system that will force players to carefully pick and choose cyberware that fits their play style.

Skill trees across the board have also been reworked to introduce new abilities and perks that should spice up combat. Sasko told us that they wanted to get away from the percentage-based stat buffs that populated the original skill tree and build them around unique class-based skills. During my time, I only got to play as a fast solo build equipped with a thermal katana and mantis blades. Thanks to the new and improved Reflex skill tree, I could dash mid-air, deflect bullets, and perform gory finishers. I'm curious to see just how robust these revamped skill trees are, particularly when it comes to netrunning, but if my time with the fast solo build was any indication, I think there should be some cool surprises in store for every class archetype.

Phantom Liberty also brings with it the long-awaited revamped police and notoriety system. At launch, Cyberpunk 2077 was derided for its simplistic and unfair notoriety system. Police would spawn instantly and in random locations, even if there were no police nearby. That is not the case in Phantom Liberty. Now, similar to GTA V, if you commit a crime, the police will investigate. If you're nearby, they will engage; if not, they will search the area. As you commit more crimes in quick succession, they will get more aggressive, and if you hit a five-star wanted level, MaxTac, a SWAT-like special forces unit in the Cyberpunk universe, will show up. Sasko told us that bosses will spawn in the world if you get your notoriety high enough. However, police aggression is also dependent on your location. They'll be much quicker to respond in wealthier, more populated areas like Corpo Plaza.

When you do pi ss off the NCDP, you're no longer limited to on-foot combat. Phantom Liberty introduces vehicular combat and weapon-mounted vehicles. Using the bumper buttons, you can aim your gun out the window and fire, and if you're on a motorcycle you can wield melee weapons. I don't know how practical swinging a katana from the side of a motorcycle actually is, but it sure looks badass. And to fit in with the spy-thriller aesthetic, you can even unlock a sports car with miniguns hidden behind the bumper a la James Bond's famous Aston Martin.

These features aren't locked to the new area or DLC story. They are global changes that will affect the entire game from start to finish and rebalance nearly every aspect of the experience. While you can load up old saves and still enjoy all these changes, there's a compelling case to start fresh, as many of these mechanics are designed to reinforce Cyberpunk's world-building and hone in on the role-playing aspects at its foundation.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/phantom-liberty-rewrites-cyberpunk-2077s-dna/1100-6515050/

Woah
Hell yeah, Ubisoft thing starting with Just Dance.

(It’s Far Cry)
I like this guy they got for the Prince of Persia presentation. Such a thick French accent I can barely understand him.

Game looks like the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow game on the 3DS.
Ubisoft brings that classic E3 energy at least. Dead

The good people of Singapore(?) paid taxes for this.
We have Forza Horizon at home.

"Not actual gameplay footage"

How about some actual gameplay footage?  lol
I like this female assassin in AC Mirage. First female game character with lungcancer. Huge win for gaming.
Star Wars Outlook

(06-12-2023, 05:58 PM)HardcoreRetro wrote: I like this female assassin in AC Mirage. First female game character with lungcancer. Huge win for gaming.

lmao same thing in Star Wars Creed too