Nintendo Switch Thread
02-05-2024: From: Phil Spencer , CC: Sarah Bond, Matt Booty, To: S. Takahashi, D. Bowser, S. Miyamoto wrote:Hey yall,

Great talk yesterday, so following our announcement at Xbox, me Sarah and Matt were thinking about how to highlight our new partnership with Nintendo. I really think that this is the future of our industry, games available everywhere! I'm humbled and thankful that you are allowing us to deliver more amazing content from Xbox Studios to Nintendo Switch. We really hope these titles will continue to build momentum for the Switch as well as the entire industry. We all know these are challenging times but I believe that if we work together that we can find new players to make this industry bigger than it ever was.

Attached is a 3 minute narrated gameplay video of Grounded from our friends at Obsidian as well as a 2 minute cinematic trailer for Pentiment. We really can't wait to see these games appear in our very first Nintendo Direct! Personally I'm very excited so if you want to do a short interview to explain to the players this sea shift in our industry or perhaps just a quick chat to know more about these games I'm always happy to help. I also want to offer my personal thanks to Mr. Takahashi for making this all possible on such a short notice.

As for your request to provide the classic RARE logo. I'm sure you appreciate that this is an exciting time for Xbox and our teams and at this time not everyone at Xbox feels comfortable enough to dislay such an iconic piece of RARE history during a Nintendo Direct. As you know RARE now has a new modern brand that we are very proud of that offers players a consistent way to identify the brand. With GoldenEye we made an exception because it was such an integral part of the experience to see that bright gold and blue R on your TV in 3D for the first time. Bringing back the classic logo again however is leading to some internal discussions that might not be resolved before the Nintendo Direct airs. I will circle back to you on that once I have spoken to the people involved. 

But aside from that Here-a-we-go!

Phil

02-12-2024: From: partners@noa.com wrote:Hello Phil,

Thank you for reaching out to the Nintendo Partner program helpdesk.

Can you deliver a Grounded clip of 30 seconds and 10 seconds of Pentinant? 
Please keep out any complicated narration and send us a seperate BGM.

Click on this link to create an account for the Nintendo eShop Merchant Dashboard so you can see how well your games are selling.

Best Regards,

Mike Johnson
Intern Video Editor

-----

Can you sort this out Mike? 
Sounds like you can record the old logo from GoldenEye.

Thanks!

Doug
1 user liked this post: Potato
Lol they're bringing back Epic Mickey, why the fuck would you do that.
Switch prints money or something...
It must be part of Bob Igers brilliant strategy to make Disney a gaming giant, I'll give the floor to you bob:

Quote:“When I saw the amount of time they were spending in terms of total media screen time on video games, it was stunning to me,” Iger said. “The conclusion I reached was: We have to be there, and we have to be there as soon as we possibly can.”

I get remaking good games, but remaking one of the biggest dissapointments of the Wii generation is certainly a bold move.

New Pokemon
Nintendo Switch systems.

Cross gen game incoming

Social Justice Warrior 2 
Harley Quinn is literally me, sick of shit, batman gets shot in the head by a girl boss, this is what women want, fuck you if you're not buying it or if you want your boring ass Batman games back, this wasn't made for you, you don't matter anymore.
(budget: $150m | sales: 1 | refunds: 3945)

Miyamoto 
Girls mostly want cute and sweet things, ride horses, dress up and feel like a princess so we thought it would be fun to make a game around this concept and make Princess Peach star in her own game. After all Mario wouldn't fit in those dresses (laughs). To our surprise some men like that too (laughs) so maybe they will play it with their sister or daughters! We hope this game brings joy to many players who want to try something different.
(budget: $20m | sales: 3.6m | refunds: 0)

Mario Movie 2
Paper Mario drops in May
Luigi's mansion 2 HD in June
This post has been hidden by the user, quote or reply to view.
Switch U incoming!!!

Rejoice Wii U
3 users liked this post: chronovore, Nintex, Gameboy Nostalgia

Oh shit Bloomberg reporter at Nintendo, happening o'clock Siren

Shocked Pikachu
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex, Potato
Seeing some good Switch deals as of late as retailers are stuck with things they tried to sell for scalper prices.
Apparently the Tales of Symphonia Remaster has been 'fixed' so it is about on par with the PS3 version so ordered the collectors edition for just €20 for the 'GameCube collection'. 

Switch sales in Japan also went up YoY this week. 70k in 2024 vs 50k in 2023.

Overall I don't mind not having the Switch 2 this year, I still have a lot of games to catch up on.
What's with Tales of Symphonia remaster not having the sequel included?
Namco didn't care enough I guess or maybe they plan to release that seperately?

Today I got Bravely Default II for €12.  Pimp
Wish they dropped the first 3 Fatal Frame/Project Zero games on Switch. The oled screen is great for these dark horror games. Playing through Mask of the Lunar Eclipse at the moment.

It namedrops Moonlight Syndrome so I should see if someone translated that early Suda51 game. He loves putting symbolic images of the moon in his games. Maybe there's a connection between the two games.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
I already got mine but BDII is still in stock for just 12,-
https://www.nedgame.nl/nintendo-switch/bravely-default-ii/7882980614/

Other deals include Fire Emblem Warriors for 8,- No More Heroes 3 for 12,- etc. .

This year is going to be great for deals, I'm seeing a lot of 'launch editions' and stuff still in stock for full price.
Retailers ain't never gonna sell that shit without big price drops 

Battletoads

Miyamoto

Mario

XTREME-G Shocked Pikachu

wat
2 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, Potato

2024 launch back in the cards?
Samsung 7nm is an interesting choice, certainly great for supply.
Quote:During the latest episode of the Broken Silicon podcast, Moore's Law is Dead, and The Phawks commented on the power of the next Nintendo console. According to Moore's Law is Dead, people at NVIDIA wanted the console to hit 4 teraflops in docked mode, and to achieve this, the console will supposedly be clocked much higher than expected.

Quote:In handheld mode, on the contrary, the YouTuber heard that the system will be clocked "crazy low," possibly below 800 Mhz, for a few reasons. Besides achieving better battery life, The Phawks highlighted how low power consumption would result in a system producing low heat and fan noise

4TF would be on par with PS4 Pro . I guess somewhat in between PS4 Pro / Xbox Series S if you add in DLSS and the Nvidia bonus.
Endless Ocean just arrived. Going to play tonight. The Wii games were some of my favourite experiences in gaming. WHALE SHARKS!!!

Shocked Pikachu
Let's fucking go!
[Image: GM9rxg2XcAA-R3E?format=png]

Nvidia watching Nintendo make bank with a 9 year old failed mobile SOC Shocked Pikachu
Quote:“Since it takes years to develop a new successor, it is true development resources are being considered for it at the moment. However we’re still developing new software for the Switch so please look forward to the June Direct.”

Fire Emblem 4 Remake(?), Xenoblade 4(?), Metroid Prime 4(?), Donkey Kong Freedom(?), F-Zero GX HD(?), Zelda Oracle of Ages / Seasons HD(?), Super Mario Odyssey 2(?)

What have the bois been cooking 

Rejoice
12GB of RAM for Switch 2.

Power profile will indeed match PS4 Pro / Series S. Miyamoto
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?