Random Gaming Talk
For when you don't want to make a thread

Quote:Natsume Atari subsidiary Tengo Project has published a new video teasing the announcement of a Shadow of the Ninja remake.

Shadow of the Ninja is a side-scrolling action game originally released for Nintendo Entertainment System in August 1990.

In the video, Tengo Project composer Hiroyuki Iwatsuki visits former Natsume “super composer” Iku Mizutani in Osaka, where he tells Mizutani that Tengo Project is currently working on a remake of one of Natsume Atari’s past titles that Mizutani worked on, and asks Mizutani to handle the music.

When asked if he remembers how the game’s music goes, Mizutani plays a short sample on his guitar, which ends up being the Shadow of the Ninja title screen music.

Mizutani then plays more of the music as scenes of the remake are shown in small bursts, before ending with the text, “Please wait for more news!”
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Uncle
Say what you will about the Switch 2 leaker, he's putting in effort

[Image: F1lQwOKXgAAFzae?format=jpg] [Image: F1lQwOJX0AI-_Mg?format=jpg]
Do you know how we know it's fake and a bad one at that?

Nintendo hasn't even bothered to take him down yet.

SonyPonies: "These grafix are the best"

The graphics: Derp Aloy  Forspoken
The law of diminishing graphic returns has hit Sony ponies hard it seems.
Attention gamers, Ubisoft will delete your account and purchases if you're inactive for 30 days
1 user liked this post: HardcoreRetro
I imagine they meant to type best looking PS4 game.
1 user liked this post: Potato
I am irrationally irritated by people who play 2D games (particularly side scrolling games) with the analogue stick.
3 users liked this post: NekoFever, Uncle, Nintex

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/pc-gaming/exclusive-lenovo-is-working-on-a-pc-gaming-handheld-called-the-legion-go

[Image: dj-khaled-another-one.gif]
3 users liked this post: Polident, benji, Nintex
lol 

I see you in my mind's eye as a sisyphean-like figure rolling an amorphously shaped and constantly shifting handheld pc, rolling it up an endless hill made up of all your previous handheld reviews.
I've been working through FF16 since it released.

It's chock full of boring nonsense and piffle but I love it anyway

On the one hand every new character is a total biff, on the other the dog rules
(07-31-2023, 09:48 PM)Tucker's Law wrote: lol 

I see you in my mind's eye as a sisyphean-like figure rolling an amorphously shaped and constantly shifting handheld pc, rolling it up an endless hill made up of all your previous handheld reviews.

Those were laptops.  :P

Would I get this thing?  Sure, if it's noticeably better than the Ally.  I'd sell that off first like I did with the Steam Deck.

Success
3 users liked this post: Uncle, D3RANG3D, Tucker's Law
Been happy with my Lenovo laptop these past four years. If they made a 14” gaming laptop, I’d go for that instead of shopping around. But given how critical the software side is to these handhelds, that’s something to be skeptical about. I mean, their laptop gaming software only recently introduced fan control.
https://twitter.com/Xbox_Series_XS/status/1687073025257017344
(08-02-2023, 02:20 AM)Polident wrote: Been happy with my Lenovo laptop these past four years. If they made a 14” gaming laptop, I’d go for that instead of shopping around. But given how critical the software side is to these handhelds, that’s something to be skeptical about. I mean, their laptop gaming software only recently introduced fan control.

https://www.laptopmag.com/news/legion-slim-5-lenovos-new-14-inch-gaming-laptop-leads-the-charge

They are finally putting out a 14" gaming laptop soon.  Looks like it only goes up to a 4060, but will have an OLED screen.
1 user liked this post: Polident
What timing. 

A 4060 is probably fine. My current laptop has a 2070 max q, whatever that means, and the state of PC games keeps it serviceable. What I like about my laptop, and seems to be consistent with newer Lenovo laptops, is the relatively low fan noise. Will see how it fares in reviews.
1 user liked this post: bork

Whoo
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D

Great year for games so far.
Baldurs Gate 3 is really dope!

Also got my friend hooked on Sekiro, he's never played a FromSoft game and was scared of the difficulty. Well allhe basically hears was about difficulty of their games. But I reccommended Sekiro bcs he likes fighting games, and shinobi's for sure. So I hoped it would click for him.

He tried beating Lady Butterfly for like 2 hours, came back the next day and first tried it lol.Now he's made it to Genichiro. What a boss haha. He might be playing better than when I first played 😅. Not that Im not helping him along his way a bit.

He's kinda ignoring the story but eh 🤷🏼‍♂️ its a fun watch
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Potato
They just shadow dropped a new Quake 2 version.

Metroid Prime Remastered and Quake II Remastered in the same year Rejoice

this video isn't really specifically about baldur's gate 3, but about how devs are whining that it sets the bar too high and that players will now expect them to make good games too Teehee 

similar to the buzz around tears of the kingdom and elden ring

and marvel's secret invasion: "Marvel has a very devoted — even rabid — fan base who have expectations and when their expectations aren’t fulfilled, they move in the other direction; they give it a thumbs down...is it our job to fulfill their expectations?"

everyone is all about lowering peoples' expectations so they can make more money releasing shit
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
My bro talked about this before. He said the big difference is, that some game developers simply consider it a corporate career and they just want to do the 9 - 5 and don't care about gaming outside of their work. So they just move from studio to studio based on pay and benefits, mostly working from home. They just do their job and don't care about or consider the big picture. Which is why they ship such awful things like Redfall and Gollum. Everyone just marked their tasks green on JIRA. Because that's the measure for 'success'. They really hate it when games release that up the bar, because it means they'll have to put in more effort and it's more difficult to climb the corporate ladder.

In the past the only way you could get into game development was to be really passionate about it. And the folks still hanging around today (Sam Lake, Aonuma, Kojima etc.) still have this passion for games in some way. He said the industry was shocked to learn that Aonuma as the producer actually played and debugged Tears of the Kingdom. Since that interview many producers have started to play the games they're producing. Before they didn't even consider it. Because playing is a task assigned to play testers. Just like hiring is a task of HR. And that's where it goes bad too, because the people hiring these devs don't actually know anything about gaming either. 

Overall it makes sense, games require much bigger teams and there just aren't that many passionate and talented people around.  

It's funny that in my industry the opposite is happening. The clients are mostly focused on costs, unwilling to pay for any real innovation or experimentation. They basically want a copy of something else, so everything is cheap, safe and boring. Even though spending just a few grand more would yield them probably 500% higher returns, they simply don't do it and stick to the bare minimum.
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
(08-11-2023, 05:01 PM)Uncle wrote:

this video isn't really specifically about baldur's gate 3, but about how devs are whining that it sets the bar too high and that players will now expect them to make good games too Teehee 

similar to the buzz around tears of the kingdom and elden ring

and marvel's secret invasion: "Marvel has a very devoted — even rabid — fan base who have expectations and when their expectations aren’t fulfilled, they move in the other direction; they give it a thumbs down...is it our job to fulfill their expectations?"

everyone is all about lowering peoples' expectations so they can make more money releasing shit

Are devs really whining tho?

This seems more of a publisher problem, and a fabricated story.
Let me make a whole diatribe based off a few twitter posts
https://insertcredit.com/opinion/igns/

YELLING IS NOT JOURNALISM

[Image: F3MzrzFXEAEoo9J?format=jpg&name=large]

Great channel too
4 users liked this post: benji, Nintex, BIONIC, who is ted danson?