Community Constructive Feedback: Viewable Only By Select Important Members
Get, suggest and discuss feature updates and other forum issues
(09-17-2023, 06:26 PM)dontasemebr0 wrote: What happened with the other forum? www.thebore.com?

the site became very unstable, only loading a quarter of the time or less, impossible to use

the admin fixed it again but said it was a temp fix at best and the site was just gonna gradually deteriorate into nothingness

everyone said goodbye, benji made this forum

then the admin said well not really, I'll be keeping the site up I guess

by then this site was already established
Funnily enough, old bore has never functioned as smoothly as it does now.
hmm
(09-17-2023, 04:54 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: Word filters for "person of gender" and "person of gender"?
Teehee
3 users liked this post: NekoFever, Hap Shaughnessy, BIONIC
The bire has gone woke Rondesoy
Mobile version stoped working again
That's how all forums work.
how do I link an image with just a hyperlink without it expanding out into the full picture

the following line should just be text, and looks fine in preview until it is actually posted:

image of two cowboys having a conversation which is incongruous with our traditional understanding of the old West
https://thebore.net/forum/images/logo.png

https://thebore.net/forum/images/logo.png
I think it's an imgur auto-embed plugin that's overriding the normal image linking process
https://i.imgur.com/TWBguf5.png

link the actual image, not the imgur image page (ie 'open image in new window' or 'save image address' from the imgur page)
1 user liked this post: Cauliflower Of Love
(09-22-2023, 12:22 PM)Uncle wrote: how do I link an image with just a hyperlink without it expanding out into the full picture

the following line should just be text, and looks fine in preview until it is actually posted:

image of two cowboys having a conversation which is incongruous with our traditional understanding of the old West
The autoembedder for videos and stuff had imgur so an imgur link automatically embedded rather than showed as a link. I've turned off some others of these before as I've discovered this problem. If you'll recall reddit stuff was embedding for a while until I tried to just fucking link to it one time. So did PDFs.

Funny enough, if you want to make a link of a YouTube video grab the URL with a timestamp and it won't embed, if you want the start just do 0 seconds. HaughtyFrank accidentally discovered this I noticed so he should get the credit.
1 user liked this post: Uncle
(09-22-2023, 01:12 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: https://i.imgur.com/TWBguf5.png

link the actual image, not the imgur image page (ie 'open image in new window' or 'save image address' from the imgur page)

I always do this, I hate the dumb landing page

I think you may have gotten lucky posting after benji changed it?
1 user liked this post: Eric Cartman
[Image: aGefTgl.gif]
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Uncle
Do we still have a newsfeed?

If we do, this needs saving:

(09-22-2023, 03:32 AM)Megamandrn001 wrote: Nepenthe is, in my opinion, probably the best poster on the site. Rarely have I ever seen them post something I just straight up completely don't like.
1 user liked this post: BIONIC
Did you finally move the buttons down benji

you beautiful coward.
I'm missing the superscript and subscript options.

[sup]sup[/sup] [sub]sub[/sub]
Sup?
[Image: LOKrP4M.png]
A bunch of stuff has been updated to latest versions, I don't think anything is broken or missing but maybe.

I have an alternative hide posts thing that might be tried instead since the current one doesn't let you hide anything but the entire post and is kinda wonky with BBcode. I'm not sure what it will do to current hidden stuff so will hold off for the moment since Uncle just used one. I will go back and see what happens to them and may edit in the new thing if it's superior and that's needed.

Feel like there's something I've promised someone but never did. Not the stuff in this thread I've never done, something else.

Leaving myself a note to see if I can fix the spoilers too. And see if there's something to make that supposed fix to telephone numbers actually work like Apple claims it should.
since you made this post, every time I click "like" my browser (Brave) makes my cursor become the blue "thinking" circle and the page is unresponsive

I can refresh the page and the like has gone through and everything is normal again until I click another "like" again

EDIT: I should be more specific, it seems like the page is mostly fine, for example I can still highlight text or click play on twitter videos, but the like does not change to unlike, and it's just consistently the spinning blue circle until refresh

EDIT2: applies to multiple computers
1 user liked this post: Nintex
(11-28-2023, 11:30 AM)Uncle wrote: since you made this post, every time I click "like" my browser (Brave) makes my cursor become the blue "thinking" circle and the page is unresponsive

I can refresh the page and the like has gone through and everything is normal again until I click another "like" again

EDIT: I should be more specific, it seems like the page is mostly fine, for example I can still highlight text or click play on twitter videos, but the like does not change to unlike, and it's just consistently the spinning blue circle until refresh

EDIT2: applies to multiple computers

I occasionally get the same thing in Firefox, though it has been some time.

Edit: Of course it starts doing it again just after I post this.
of course uncle uses brave

edit: lol
(11-28-2023, 02:06 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: of course uncle uses brave

what should I use instead
I am using Chrome, and having the same issue that uncle is having...
Benji you ruined likes motherfucker!!

This will not stand. This aggression will not stand, man  nothot
3 users liked this post: Potato, benji, D3RANG3D
I am having an existential crisis Existential
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji, D3RANG3D
(11-28-2023, 03:16 PM)Uncle wrote:

log off
1 user liked this post: BIONIC
(11-28-2023, 04:03 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote:
(11-28-2023, 03:16 PM)Uncle wrote:

log off

[Image: HboW0Wg.png]
4 users liked this post: Potato, benji, Nintex, D3RANG3D
I am killing Benji

Spoiler:  (click to show)
In Minecraft[spoiler]Con
[/spoiler]

You can’t make nested spoilers?!! Now I’m really doing it Rage
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji, Nintex
Same issue with the likes here.

Looked at the console, it throws a 503 error on the thankyoulike.php file but it does register a like.

https://thebore.net/forum/thankyoulike.php?ajax=1&action=add&pid=24804&my_post_key=cbba3afafd906208f76d6e4e7a2f1951