Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Excel really scaled back. Usually this is prime excel bait resulting in a thread with lots of anger about how the media is evil

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/02/opinion/transgender-children-gender-dysphoria.html
(02-11-2024, 07:55 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Excel really scaled back. Usually this is prime excel bait resulting in a thread with lots of anger about how the media is evil

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/02/opinion/transgender-children-gender-dysphoria.html

That's the interesting thing about studying era as a micro version of a small percentage of bad admins and trolls that play by the rules and that's all it takes to make people do bad things just by being a product of the environment.

Like she's aware when she gets called out for taking randos as facts on discord and self imposed sat out. That's how I know she's sincere and tries to be a good person, which is probably too wholesome here.

So with that fuck antisemitism JFC era.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Uncle
(02-11-2024, 08:00 PM)Pwnz wrote:
(02-11-2024, 07:55 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Excel really scaled back. Usually this is prime excel bait resulting in a thread with lots of anger about how the media is evil

That's the interesting thing about studying era as a micro version of a small percentage of bad admins and trolls that play by the rules and that's all it takes to make people do bad things just by being a product of the environment.

Like she's aware when she gets called out for taking randos as facts on discord and self imposed sat out. That's how I know she's sincere and tries to be a good person, which is probably too wholesome here.

I think that's quite generous of you, more likely I feel that the position of toppest poster has been filled and Excel has no allies and has therefore fucked off because the attention dopamine isn't hitting hard enough.
(02-11-2024, 08:11 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote:

I think that's quite generous of you, more likely I feel that the position of toppest poster has been filled and Excel has no allies and has therefore fucked off because the attention dopamine isn't hitting hard enough.

I mean it's totally possible. People are complicated and can change.
(02-11-2024, 08:27 PM)Pwnz wrote:
(02-11-2024, 08:11 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote:
(02-11-2024, 08:00 PM)Pwnz wrote: That's the interesting thing about studying era as a micro version of a small percentage of bad admins and trolls that play by the rules and that's all it takes to make people do bad things just by being a product of the environment.

I mean it's totally possible. People are complicated and can change.

My opinions are coloured by Excel sticking their nose into Labour party business at every opportunity to defend a horde of middle class antisemites despite not knowing the first thing about anyone involved. To my mind it's too much internet zealotry and not sincerity.

yeah. there are a few ppl who i've seen change quite directly. one was constantly dooming in every thread. ppl pointed out that them doing so was actually causing others anxiety, they took it to heart, and chilled out a bit. ppl go through shit, they have periods where they're going to be shitty or short on a forum, that's normal. a moderation team that's actually effective would reach out to those ppl who are clearly going through it, instead of slapping someone with a "you're a bigot" label as they kick them out for a month

it's why nep's continued shittiness is so annoying, right? ppl have pointed out that she's constantly condescending and rude, but for her the fact that she's an admin is proof that she doesn't need to be self-reflective in any way. someone called her out on something a while back and her response was "i was chosen by the community because my posts contribute a lot"
Excel is a dude right? Mentally unwell dude that takes hormones and may or may not have chopped his balls off and inverted their cock. Or is a bio female n I've been misled? Embarrassing if the latter
Quote:A lot of people salty about Palworld.
Dice wrote:I think it's disappointing that a company with pretty crappy work ethics are getting a lot of fame and popularity. Par for the course for the industry, I guess. People still eating up Blizzard's crap, and Stellar Blade is feeding a dumb culture war that misses oversexed ladies in games... One could go on.

Comparing Activision Blizzard with Palworld and Stellar Blade…
(02-11-2024, 08:45 PM)Bootsthecat wrote: Excel is a dude right? Mentally unwell dude that takes hormones and may or may not have chopped his balls off and inverted their cock. Or is a bio female n I've been misled? Embarrassing if the latter

Not a true and honest woman, mid 40s, an early adopter/trailblazer of the craft

To some a reset/gaf pioneer, to others a boomer tweetmerchant

It's histories of histories like this that make our journal so important, and why I subscribe to the great posters theory of history
(02-11-2024, 09:09 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:A lot of people salty about Palworld.
Dice wrote:I think it's disappointing that a company with pretty crappy work ethics are getting a lot of fame and popularity. Par for the course for the industry, I guess. People still eating up Blizzard's crap, and Stellar Blade is feeding a dumb culture war that misses oversexed ladies in games... One could go on.

Comparing Activision Blizzard with Palworld and Stellar Blade…

How absurd to blame Stellar Blade for fueling a culture war when it's them who are getting so mad at it's mere existence
Regarding Stellar Blade, I just remembered something:

Same dude, in case that wasn't obvious. He was the art director for Team Bloodlust at the time. But I doubt Era would take umbrage with this video. By the way, Kim Hyung-Tae always hated that loli race, but the higher ups at NCSoft insisted he added something like Tera's Elin, so he did.
(02-11-2024, 08:45 PM)Bootsthecat wrote: Excel is a dude right? Mentally unwell dude that takes hormones and may or may not have chopped his balls off and inverted their cock. Or is a bio female n I've been misled? Embarrassing if the latter

Trans woman
And just because we'll never meet Kim Hyung-Tae's unrealistic male beauty standards either, have some KHT chicks to distract us all from this sad reality:

EDIT: Wait a fucking second... So the video with half naked sexy chicks dancing is age restricted, but half naked dudes are fine? I guess I'm not really surprised, but still, WTF Youtube.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-to-taylor-swift-don%E2%80%99t-be-ungrateful.815748/page-3?post=118987074#post-118987074
Royalan wrote:There's something about the Right's beef with Taylor that I constantly find myself thinking about.

And that's Eminem.

Eminem is another white artist who (in his prime) at least, was incredibly popular. Even incredibly popular with Trump supporters.

Eminem is not a Trump supporter. In fact, he has critiqued him, scathingly, on multiple occasions.

And yet, Trump AND the right wing, who all foam at the mouth of Taylor's every movement and link her to leftist conspiracies, never have a word to say about this...

Known alt McMahon wrote:Can't put my finger on it...

Royalan wrote:Like, it's SOMETHING...right!?
Maybe the fact that Eminem's peak in popularity was twenty years ago and nowhere near billion dollar Taylor. Elon
(02-11-2024, 08:43 PM)DSC wrote:

yeah. there are a few ppl who i've seen change quite directly. one was constantly dooming in every thread. ppl pointed out that them doing so was actually causing others anxiety, they took it to heart, and chilled out a bit. ppl go through shit, they have periods where they're going to be shitty or short on a forum, that's normal. a moderation team that's actually effective would reach out to those ppl who are clearly going through it, instead of slapping someone with a "you're a bigot" label as they kick them out for a month

it's why nep's continued shittiness is so annoying, right? ppl have pointed out that she's constantly condescending and rude, but for her the fact that she's an admin is proof that she doesn't need to be self-reflective in any way. someone called her out on something a while back and her response was "i was chosen by the community because my posts contribute a lot"

Yes, that's the most frustrating part about the admins, especially Nep. All they had to do is say "I'm human, I fucked up" and make changes, but instead they double down. Not exactly a good trait for moderating, but it's eras problem. I only post in non-political threads sometimes, mostly on discord. Hell I post here as much as era at this point.

Some of the original admins are on the discords and they do not like how things are going on era but they're also letting it go and using the discords.
Quote:Eminem...Even incredibly popular with Trump supporters

Citation please. This always gets trotted out as a given by these losers.
(02-11-2024, 10:30 PM)Pwnz wrote:
(02-11-2024, 08:43 PM)DSC wrote:
(02-11-2024, 08:00 PM)Pwnz wrote: That's the interesting thing about studying era as a micro version of a small percentage of bad admins and trolls that play by the rules and that's all it takes to make people do bad things just by being a product of the environment.

Yes, that's the most frustrating part about the admins, especially Nep. All they had to do is say "I'm human, I fucked up" and make changes, but instead they double down. Not exactly a good trait for moderating, but it's eras problem. I only post in non-political threads sometimes, mostly on discord. Hell I post here as much as era at this point.

Some of the original admins are on the discords and they do not like how things are going on era but they're also letting it go and using the discords.

Resetera's job should be to gish gallop people into not even thinking about not voting for Biden. If any of them have the courage of their convictions they'd turn that ban rifle onto the mental fuckers who are entertaining such silliness as not voting Biden because Islam, or not voting Biden because puberty blockers, or not voting Biden because he won't do anything about Palworld

I'm not the biggest fan of American liberals but I'm also fucking terrified of the consequences of Trump 2.0, given that I have eyes and a brain and all. Really is a dereliction of duty and the most rank hypocrisy imaginable. Absolutely fuck Nepenthe and her cohort.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/educate-me-the-perilousness-of-the-coffee-date-yay-or-nay.815790/page-2?post=118989930#post-118989930

Bushy-Doe Blade wrote:In dating, I always found "over-analization" to be both a mood killer and a sabotage of a good thing.
  It was Tuesday!
(02-11-2024, 10:39 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote:
(02-11-2024, 08:43 PM)DSC wrote: yeah. there are a few ppl who i've seen change quite directly. one was constantly dooming in every thread. ppl pointed out that them doing so was actually causing others anxiety, they took it to heart, and chilled out a bit. ppl go through shit, they have periods where they're going to be shitty or short on a forum, that's normal. a moderation team that's actually effective would reach out to those ppl who are clearly going through it, instead of slapping someone with a "you're a bigot" label as they kick them out for a month

Resetera's job should be to gish gallop people into not even thinking about not voting for Biden. If any of them have the courage of their convictions they'd turn that ban rifle onto the mental fuckers who are entertaining such silliness as not voting Biden because Islam, or not voting Biden because puberty blockers, or not voting Biden because he won't do anything about Palworld

I'm not the biggest fan of American liberals but I'm also fucking terrified of the consequences of Trump 2.0, given that I have eyes and a brain and all. Really is a dereliction of duty and the most rank hypocrisy imaginable. Absolutely fuck Nepenthe and her cohort.

I mean yeah I agree but also this is such a serious conversation for this thread lol, let's all dance around the grave of Booshka, may he rip n dip in all the peaces.
Pwnz is pure and I hope no one takes it away from them. That you can find the good in others you may disagree with is a trait Resetera should learn.

Also McMahon not being banned is honestly surprising.
(02-11-2024, 10:39 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote:
(02-11-2024, 08:43 PM)DSC wrote: yeah. there are a few ppl who i've seen change quite directly. one was constantly dooming in every thread. ppl pointed out that them doing so was actually causing others anxiety, they took it to heart, and chilled out a bit. ppl go through shit, they have periods where they're going to be shitty or short on a forum, that's normal. a moderation team that's actually effective would reach out to those ppl who are clearly going through it, instead of slapping someone with a "you're a bigot" label as they kick them out for a month

I don’t this is good to shame people to vote for Biden but RE has pretty shallow and reactionary reasons to dislike the dude. Not mention Nep suddenly saying that No Voting is valid and not an endorsement for Trump.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/educate-me-the-perilousness-of-the-coffee-date-yay-or-nay.815790/page-3?post=118991064#post-118991064
Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): sniping at other members
Chance Hale wrote:If anyone other than a mod was posting this shit, especially lol go follow them, it'd be closed in 5 minutes

https://www.resetera.com/threads/educate-me-the-perilousness-of-the-coffee-date-yay-or-nay.815790/page-4?post=118992606#post-118992606
Min wrote:
Volimar wrote:That poster that called you out as a mod was being stupid. Slayven starts ridiculous threads every day and doesn't get shit for it. You're fine. Jones however seems to be having a bad one.
Slayven makes stupid threads about comics, not stupid threads about a red-pilled advice columnist on a male dominated forum where dudes will take every chance they get to bash them and call any woman who expects to be wined and dined disgusting.
 Popcorn
I think volimar was a mod, so he won't get in trouble for discretely shitting on slayven

If only Nep were more like Slayven the forum would be a lot less hostile
(02-11-2024, 11:41 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/educate-me-the-perilousness-of-the-coffee-date-yay-or-nay.815790/page-3?post=118991064#post-118991064
Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): sniping at other members
Chance Hale wrote:If anyone other than a mod was posting this shit, especially lol go follow them, it'd be closed in 5 minutes

https://www.resetera.com/threads/educate-me-the-perilousness-of-the-coffee-date-yay-or-nay.815790/page-4?post=118992606#post-118992606
Min wrote:
Volimar wrote:That poster that called you out as a mod was being stupid. Slayven starts ridiculous threads every day and doesn't get shit for it. You're fine. Jones however seems to be having a bad one.
Slayven makes stupid threads about comics, not stupid threads about a red-pilled advice columnist on a male dominated forum where dudes will take every chance they get to bash them and call any woman who expects to be wined and dined disgusting.
 Popcorn

b-dubs wrote:Dude's straight up said he doesn't agree with it but frankly it can spark an interesting discussion. Like, we can use a tweet or article to start a discussion with ascribing to it's thesis or beliefs.

oooooof you dumb pieces of shit. You idiots literally banned someone for making a thread with pretty much the exact same premise some months ago 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-have-unacceptable-first-date-options.778289/

And in that case the OP didn't glorify the guy who made the post and instead mentioned to not take it too seriously. Meanwhile Royalan doesn't actually say that he disagrees with her take, instead he says that it's a new "interesting angle" and shit and then keeps recommending people to follow this female Andrew Tate.
Royalan wrote:This post is inspired by a Black Feminist and thinker I follow, Feminista Jones.

I mean, I know you are gay so you don’t have stakes in the hetero dating scene, but is kind of telling how disconnected you seem to be with popular opinions.
(02-11-2024, 11:41 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/educate-me-the-perilousness-of-the-coffee-date-yay-or-nay.815790/page-4?post=118992606#post-118992606
Min wrote:

Quote: Cop Use banned (1 week): inflammatory commentary
(02-12-2024, 12:10 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Royalan wrote:This post is inspired by a Black Feminist and thinker I follow, Feminista Jones.

I mean, I know you are gay so you don’t have stakes in the hetero dating scene, but is kind of telling how disconnected you seem to be with popular opinions.

a thinker? Yo, I love thinkers yo.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/educate-me-the-perilousness-of-the-coffee-date-yay-or-nay.815790/

Imagine recommending someone that is even too crazy for era so that Morrigan gets to be right.
Quote: I'm coming at this from the sphere of a man dating men primarily so I'm missing some insight but I love coffee dates. Getting coffee and taking a walk or something gives a very relaxed, low-stress environment to get to know someone. All my successful relationships have started that way. A lot of gays I know are into the idea. So the idea that it's a perfectly normal strategy in queer dudes but becomes a suspect strategy with ulterior motives on straight dudes seems ... like shaky logic to me.

Royalan wrote:Coming from this perspective also, this is why I AlWAYS recommend coffee dates. heh...

I made this thread because I was truly feeling like I was missing something here.

You don’t need to hype the girl with a questionable opinion, then. That rubbed everyone the wrong way, specially since you are saying that you didn’t agree (  Rolleyes ) in the first place.
Remember when the common refrain when someone admitted to not voting was, "Oh wow, MUST BE NICE to be white and get to be afforded the opportunity to not care.  Unfortunately, we don't get that luxury."   

Hey, guess what's being used as the rationale to not vote now.

Nepenthe https://www.resetera.com/threads/group-in-michigan-urges-protest-vote-in-primary-against-biden-over-israel-gaza-war.815463/page-4 wrote:Regardless, I don't care about the sanctity of America's political systems, nor do I particuarly care about trying to maintain an aura of slow and steady progress on the back of a country built on Indigenous genocide and slavery of my people. So trying to negatively characterize the mere act of not voting for a candidate because of dissatisfaction with them as a "shortcut" doesn't move me. Hell, a shortcut to a dignified existence is frankly the least that the worst off of us deserve.

Almost as if you can justify any single position on earth with this grievance mentality.