Random Gaming Talk
For when you don't want to make a thread
I like Chrono Trigger Smile
1 user liked this post: MMaRsu
(10-03-2023, 02:45 PM)HTPThype wrote: Interested in Africa?

Great game. Runs well on the PS3 emulator, but the sixaxis action for turning the camera portrait needs a controller with motion sensing. Switch, PS4/5, or some 8bitdo controllers work. No Xbox controllers.
2 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, benji
Demo for this is out:

- You have to complete all the events in order
- Not that many interesting events at launch
- You have to do 3 practice laps every race
- It's no longer showering you with cars like Horizon but you now have to spend Car Points on each upgrade, you get car points just by driving

Even for Forza Motorsport this looks very dull overall
(10-05-2023, 04:44 AM)"benji" wrote: Demo for this is out:

welp, that runs like shit  lol

Wonder if dynamic resolution or something isn't working properly, because it almost looks like it's doing worse in that clip when there's less stuff on screen.
Having played Goldeneye/Perfect Dark on the N64. It's fine.
1 user liked this post: Potato
Yeah, was going to say that the definition of "literally unplayable" seems to have changed over the years.

That seems fine to me and anyone who bought an S is not exactly going to be the type of person who gives a shit if things drop below 30fps for a bit.
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, chronovore, Nintex
https://www.museumofplay.org/blog/death-race-and-video-game-violence/ wrote:Dr. Gerald Driessen, a behavioral scientist and manager of the National Safety Council’s research department, called the game “gross” and claimed it added to the nation’s “war and killing” mentality.  David Row, safety consultant for the Automobile Club of California, called the game “sick, sick, sick,” because it taught the “morbid” skill of how to hit pedestrians.

[Image: screen.jpg]
Klepek
4 users liked this post: BIONIC, Uncle, bork, MMaRsu
Now that the Apple merger is off the table, Disney plans to buy EA to become a "Gaming Giant" or so Bloomberg claims in a fluffer piece on Bob Iger  lol
Always bet on the House of Mouse.
I'd like a Disney FC with gameplay based on Sega Soccer Slam. Do it!
Disney buys stuff and then disassembles it when it doesn't perform in the first two quarters. They're the psychopathic neighborhood kid of corporations.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
I am still baffled how King gets mentioned in the same breath with Activision or Blizzard.
It's because King was the third unit of the company with its own CEO. It has 2500+ employees over 12 studios. It will be the largest developer at Microsoft* after Blizzard.

*for games, obviously the OS/business stuff is larger
I can't see Microsoft retain those headcounts. Actiblizz is like 4 times the size of Xbox + Bethesda.

They're also looking at a potential $29 billion in back taxes
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-67085704

Noooo you can't asset flip a Nintendo 64 game in 2023  Rage

Hahah here-a-we-go Mario
That looks more like the Nintendo DS port. Coins weren't 3D in the original.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
Tried SANIC Superstars (Steam) for about an hour and refunded it- it's not a bad game as far as I can tell, but it also just doesn't seem like it's worth the asking price.  It should have been $30, not $60 ($70 with DLC).  Sonic Mania is also way better.

Will still get my platformer on with Mario Wonder later this week anyway.
(10-17-2023, 10:01 AM)HardcoreRetro wrote: That looks more like the Nintendo DS port. Coins weren't 3D in the original.

You're right, it's the DS character model too.  lol
Wrapping up Mario Wonder. Fun game, just wish there was more content and the badge system wasnt so half baked.
I thought it wasn't released yet?
My uncle who works at Nintendo gave me an early copy  Wink
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Nintex
So I bought a Quest 3, and now I'm contemplating making the (un)official Bire VR gaming thread, because we apparently don't have such a thing and I have to justify my investment.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, MMaRsu, Nintex
So I bought an RTX 4070 Ti

[Image: forzahorizon519_10_20hreff.png]

Mouf

tfw you run out of settings to put higher and your GPU is only 69% utilized Feels bad, man
2 users liked this post: chronovore, Potato
https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsFC/comments/17bimut/this_glitch_is_getting_out_of_hand/

Dead Dead Dead Dead
2 users liked this post: chronovore, Nintex

Xbox is back
Finally got around to diving into FF7 remake and have made it to chapter 6.  I finished all of FF16 before moving onto this, and as someone that ended up really loving the combat in 16: hasn't been the easiest to get used to the differences with FF7R's combat.

That said, so far I'm enjoying the "remix" nature of this remake and am a little more accepting now of it not being mechanically closer to the original.