Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(11-24-2023, 11:45 PM)Potato wrote: [quote="Snoopy" pid='24457' dateline='1700865329']
6. Church of England Christians. Not to be confused with their homicidal counterparts. The COE is what Christianity would be if it had been formed by Eric Clapton. Diet racism, slight homophobia and tasteful bigotry all washed down with a nice cup of tea

I really hope they correct themselves this coming year and learn from the American Episcopal Church. Trans folx and gays should be allowed to flourish in the COE!  gay
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-a-friend-always-gives-me-shit-when-i-replay-an-old-game.788190/page-5#post-115372389

Navid, post: 115372389, member: 9229 wrote:I got zero issues with anyone who want's to just replay old games, until they also start complaining about there not being any good new releases or feeling the need to have strong opinions about new games that they haven't played.

Piss ComedySmasher Piss2
(11-24-2023, 07:48 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote:
(11-24-2023, 04:24 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Resetera: Sony needs to end their marketing deal with the Stellar Blade devs!

Sony: https://www.resetera.com/threads/stellar-blade-developer-shift-up-is-now-a-sony-2nd-party-studio.788427/

Shocked Pikachu
Quote:Torn about this.
On one hand, the game looks fantastic.
Otoh, I hope that means Sony gets some sway to correct their alleged in studio bad behaviors, and maybe can provide guidance as per the apparent male gaze problem in game (though I guess that like for Bayonetta context may play a part in this, hard to judge before seeing the final product).
Quote:Sucks Sony wants to do business with this misogynistic AF company.
Quote:♥️sony should be embarrassed to be associated with this company ♥️
Quote:Yeah, I was side-eying the game, and then the rumors broke. Sounds like an awful place to work.
Quote:Wtf that ass shot
Quote:"But her ass is part of her character".

Not overly thrilled that this sort of character model and other previously mentioned conduct gets perpetuated.
Quote:Is this the bouncing boob game? So embarrassing if so.
Quote:Absolutely gross
Quote:Wow, that's gross news! Every time I see this game I wish I could unsee it.
That's only from the first page  Klepek

Finally a good decision from Sony.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thems-finghtin-herds-to-end-active-development-after-season-1-dlc-story-mode-canceled.788136/#post-115321113

Hannibal Barbera, post: 115321113, member: 118296 wrote:That sucks. This was the first traditional Fighting Game that really managed to make it all click for me.

[Image: 118296-o.jpg]

Kobeyuck
Nope
[Image: rT5HJAA.png]
[Image: RLhV1X8.png]

Yikes

That'll definitely stop it from selling well this black Friday... what a bunch of losers.
(11-25-2023, 02:18 AM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/thems-finghtin-herds-to-end-active-development-after-season-1-dlc-story-mode-canceled.788136/#post-115321113

Hannibal Barbera, post: 115321113, member: 118296 wrote:That sucks. This was the first traditional Fighting Game that really managed to make it all click for me.

[Image: 118296-o.jpg]

Kobeyuck

NepNep about to go full time as ERA admin, I guess. It sucks to lose a job, seriously, though. Assuming she still worked on this. Hope she finds something else!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/adam-conover-why-we-are-stuck-with-twitter.788556/#post-115373730

B-Dubs wrote:Honestly, when I was made to leave twitter my mental health took a significant tick upwards. That shit is just bad for us in general. We're not made for the level of information intake that modern social media hits us with, especially when said social media platforms actively push controversial, conspiratorial, and inflammatory content in order to keep us on their platforms.
Spiders
(11-25-2023, 03:20 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/adam-conover-why-we-are-stuck-with-twitter.788556/#post-115373730

B-Dubs wrote:Honestly, when I was made to leave twitter
He got banned from Twitter? Dead
https://www.resetera.com/threads/family-get-togethers-feel-like-people-getting-together-to-complain-about-shit-i-think-this-is-why-i-cant-stand-them.788289/#post-115349001

Messofanego, post: 115354134, member: 1159 wrote:But I love complaining about the government with my dad and uncles. I mean we are on a video game forum, constantly complaining and criticising. Doesn't bother me personally. We don't complain about relatives a lot though. At least you're getting to see family, rather than being excommunicated or closed off.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom, D3RANG3D
I mean, the dude must be grateful his family bought him wife and I can’t imagine they having so much different political opinions if he willingly accepted the deal ( they probably still not talk about LGBTQ stuff or women rights).
I'm reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich at the moment and the author is describing "The New Order" which is the slave labour camps and the concentration camps that became the Holocaust.

It's infuriating reading about people being housed in dog kennels, not being fed enough to sustain life, enduring disease and parasite infections, and being forced to work until they literally drop dead or being gassed to death when they aren't useful any more while listening to the fucking trans retards on Resetera bitch about the ongoing trans genocide.

Like, why the fuck are these idiots even allowed to speak?

EDIT: Even their inane bleating about "literal Nazis" rings so hollow when you read about the absolute depravity of the actual Nazis.
(11-25-2023, 03:57 AM)benji wrote:
(11-25-2023, 03:20 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/adam-conover-why-we-are-stuck-with-twitter.788556/#post-115373730

B-Dubs wrote:Honestly, when I was made to leave twitter
He got banned from Twitter? Dead
Quote:my mental health took a significant tick upwards
Is this why he's a dick now to Ree users cuz he got banned?   lol
B-Chuds always sounds like one bad day away from being a mass shooter. Significant tick upward my ass lol
B-Dubs wrote:This is the thing, we KNOW for a fact all these platforms push divisive and insane content in order to keep us on the site and arguing with each other because that's how they make their money. The longer people spend on there arguing with dipshits the more money the platform makes. Modern social media is just bad for people's mental health, I'm literally watching a close friend of mine destroy her own mental health by refusing to leave the site. People aren't stuck there, they want us to think we are.

There is literally NOTHING keeping us there. If you have friends, create a discord. Exchange emails. Hang out in real life. You're not stuck there. You just think you are.
B-Dubs wrote:
Quote:If you curate your feed you shouldn't be fighting with people unless you're actively looking for that kind of drama. Other than the deluge of ads my feed is only things that I want to see.
The algorithms actively push that sort of thing though.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2305.16941.pdf

Twitter, as well as Facebook and all the rest, actively push this shit in order to keep us on the platform.
IT DA ALGORITHIMS, NOT ME, NOT PEOPLE I CHOOSE TO FOLLOW AND INTERACT WITH

DIVISIVE + INSANE * REPLIES / WHITENESS * ALIENATION WHERE X=DESPAIR Y=NIHILISM Z=CAPITALISM SELF=DARKSIDE

He should talk to his staff about the algorithims:
Princess Bubblegum, Moderator wrote:Twitter is still very valuable for cultural exchanges between Japan and the Western world, at least when it comes to otaku media and related things. I know plenty of trans/enby users refusing to let Musk chase them out.
Princess Bubblegum, Moderator wrote:
Quote:Pretty much. I want to leave but it seems to be the ideal place to follow artists (especially Japanese artists) and actually hear the voices of other people quickly and easily. The town analogy is pretty spot on.
Yep, Adam is spot on. The features of Twitter can be replicated but the composition of Twitter cannot.
Princess Bubblegum, Moderator wrote:
Quote:"We can't just quit it, any more than we can quit roads or electricity."

If you're as dependent on Twitter as you are roads or electricity, you might want to re-evaluate your life choices. Quitting a social media platform can be difficult, but it's not that difficult.
You're completely missing his point. He's hyperbolic to compare it to infrastructure, WhatsApp is closer, but he's not totally wrong. Twitter is a major source of news and other things for people, like artist's promoting their work and shit. (Sex workers too.) Social media platforms with a massive (active) userbase are a big fucking deal.

Also:
Kangi, Gender: Queer wrote:
fat4all wrote:only issue with bluesky is folks bring their baggage and beef from twitter over to it

its a good day on bluesky when twitter is never mentioned
My Bluesky block/mute list is chock full of people who just ragepost over whatever's happening on Twitter

Like girl I am specifically here to not look at all that, thanks bye
omfg

Weird old man is down with the kids:
The Albatross wrote:boring take.

What's happening now, and what's true, is that Twitter is dying, and it has lost its cultural relevance. It's been in decline for much longer than Elon bought it, but he's accelerated that way more quickly than it was going.

The thing most people (especially millennnials and gen X) aren't grasping, though, is that Twitter isn't in decline because people are going somewhere else. Nah, Twitter is in decline and the alternative is not another short form text site. The format is dying. Like how forums died 10+ years ago. The big forums all died 10-15 years ago and you can ask "where did everybody go from -major influential forum-??" expecting another forum, but nah, they went nowhere. They scattered to what is new. The same is happening with short form text sites like Twitter. They're a gen x and millennial phenomenon, Twitter is going to die and nothing is really ever going to take peak twitters place. Threads might overtake it in popularity, blue sky maybe in meme ability and pick me people, but peak twitter, 2012-2019 is dead and it's not coming back. The format is dying, which is as good as dead.

We're just not relevant with what is hot, and we need to accept that.
Look how far back he puts "peak Twitter" which is definitely not where all these addicts want it.

What "big influential forums" is he talking about? Something Awful? lol

Royalan wrote:
Quote:Twitter is also way better for communities that need representation, like sex workers. Threads doesn't allow NSFW.
Uhhhh...sex workers are all over Threads. 👀
fat

Quote:I can't check his post on Twitter without logging in but it seems he posted the video both there and on Threads and go more engagement on Threads. You know, the platform some in this thread say is a ghost town with no engagement :P

(Coincidently I don't follow him, it just showed up on my feed while I was scrolling lol)
Maybe because people on Twitter know he's an idiot?
(11-25-2023, 04:49 AM)Potato wrote: I'm reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich at the moment and the author is describing "The New Order" which is the slave labour camps and the concentration camps that became the Holocaust.

It's infuriating reading about people being housed in dog kennels, not being fed enough to sustain life, enduring disease and parasite infections, and being forced to work until they literally drop dead or being gassed to death when they aren't useful any more while listening to the fucking trans retards on Resetera bitch about the ongoing trans genocide.

EDIT: Even their inane bleating about "literal Nazis" rings so hollow when you read about the absolute depravity of the actual Nazis.

Edit: goddamn my post disappeared. Basically just agreed with you. These genocidal fuckers in WWII and other actual genocides were on such a different level than “they won’t let me play women’s sports” that it’s quite insulting.
My problem with ResetERA.com is how much they focus on genocides affecting Black and brown bodies like the recognized ones in China and Sudan. I wish the algorithms would get them to post about literally any other genocides, maybe ones where they can blame the West and capitalism, maybe ones that are getting tons of attention from Westerners on Twitter. That kind of thing. I'm so tired.
(11-25-2023, 06:50 AM)AldusMoneyPenny wrote:
(11-25-2023, 04:49 AM)Potato wrote: I'm reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich at the moment and the author is describing "The New Order" which is the slave labour camps and the concentration camps that became the Holocaust.

Edit: goddamn my post disappeared. Basically just agreed with you. These genocidal fuckers in WWII and other actual genocides were on such a different level than “they won’t let me play women’s sports” that it’s quite insulting.

This is a genocide:
Quote:Its inhabitants were kept for nearly half a year in dog kennels, urinals and in old baking houses. The dog kennels were three feet high, nine feet long, six feet wide. Five men slept in each of them. The prisoners had to crawl into these kennels on all fours… There was no water in the camp

Quote:The clothing of the Eastern workers was likewise completely inadequate. They worked and slept in the same clothing in which they had arrived from the East. Virtually all of them had no overcoats and were compelled to use their blankets as coats in cold and rainy weather. In view of the shortage of shoes many workers were forced to go to work in their bare feet, even in winter… 

Sanitary conditions were atrocious. At Kramerplatz only ten children’s toilets were available for 1,200 inhabitants… Excretion contaminated the entire floors of these lavatories… The Tartars and Kirghiz suffered most; they collapsed like flies [from] bad housing, the poor quality and insufficient quantity of food, overwork and insufficient rest.

These workers were likewise afflicted with spotted fever. Lice, the carrier of the disease, together with countless fleas, bugs and other vermin tortured the inhabitants of these camps… At times the water supply at the camps was shut off for periods of from eight to fourteen days…

Quote:The Einsatz unit would enter a village or town and order the prominent Jewish citizens to call together all Jews for the purpose of “resettlement.”* They were requested to hand over their valuables and shortly before execution to surrender their outer clothing. They were transported to the place of executions, usually an antitank ditch, in trucks—always only as many as could be executed immediately. In this way it was attempted to keep the span of time from the moment in which the victims knew what was about to happen to them until the time of their actual execution as short as possible.

Then they were shot, kneeling or standing, by firing squads in a military manner and the corpses thrown into the ditch. I never permitted the shooting by individuals, but ordered that several of the men should shoot at the same time in order to avoid direct-personal responsibility. Other group leaders demanded that the victims lie down flat on the ground to be shot through the nape of the neck. I did not approve of these methods.

Quote:…My foreman and I went directly to the pits. I heard rifle shots in quick succession from behind one of the earth mounds. The people who had got off the trucks—men, women and children of all ages—had to undress upon the order of an S.S. man, who carried a riding or dog whip. They had to put down their clothes in fixed places, sorted according to shoes, top clothing and underclothing. I saw a heap of shoes of about 800 to 1,000 pairs, great piles of under-linen and clothing.

Without screaming or weeping these people undressed, stood around in family groups, kissed each other, said farewells and waited for a sign from another S.S. man, who stood near the pit, also with a whip in his hand. During the fifteen minutes that I stood near the pit I heard no complaint or plea for mercy…

An old woman with snow-white hair was holding a one-year-old child in her arms and singing to it and tickling it. The child was cooing with delight. The parents were looking on with tears in their eyes. The father was holding the hand of a boy about 10 years old and speaking to him softly; the boy was fighting his tears. The father pointed to the sky, stroked his head and seemed to explain something to him.

At that moment the S.S. man at the pit shouted something to his comrade. The latter counted off about twenty persons and instructed them to go behind the earth mound… I well remember a girl, slim and with black hair, who, as she passed close to me, pointed to herself and said: “twenty-three years old.”

I walked around the mound and found myself confronted by a tremendous grave. People were closely wedged together and lying on top of each other so that only their heads were visible. Nearly all had blood running over their shoulders from their heads. Some of the people were still moving. Some were lifting their arms and turning their heads to show that they were still alive. The pit was already two-thirds full. I estimated that it contained about a thousand people. I looked for the man who did the shooting. He was an S.S. man, who sat at the edge of the narrow end of the pit, his feet dangling into the pit. He had a tommy gun on his knees and was smoking a cigarette.

The people, completely naked, went down some steps and clambered over the heads of the people lying there to the place to which the S.S. man directed them. They lay down in front of the dead or wounded people; some caressed those who were still alive and spoke to them in a low voice. Then I heard a series of shots. I looked into the pit and saw that the bodies were twitching or the heads lying already motionless on top of the bodies that lay beneath them. Blood was running from their necks.

The next batch was approaching already. They went down into the pit, lined themselves up against the previous victims and were shot.
Still nowhere near as horrifying as what Joanne wants for all women everywhere.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/no-ones-shopping-on-black-friday.788541/
Three tweets of nearly empty parking lot, what is going on?   literally shaking
(11-25-2023, 10:05 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/no-ones-shopping-on-black-friday.788541/
Three tweets of nearly empty parking lot, what is going on?   literally shaking

Bdubs would love to confirm but he’s banned  lol
(11-25-2023, 12:14 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(11-24-2023, 11:45 PM)Potato wrote: [quote="Snoopy" pid='24457' dateline='1700865329']
6. Church of England Christians. Not to be confused with their homicidal counterparts. The COE is what Christianity would be if it had been formed by Eric Clapton. Diet racism, slight homophobia and tasteful bigotry all washed down with a nice cup of tea

I really hope they correct themselves this coming year and learn from the American Episcopal Church. Trans folx and gays should be allowed to flourish in the COE!  gay

The problem with the trans and gays is that very few of them own Mazdas or copies of Queen's Greatest Hits, which is a prerequisite for joining the COE.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, NekoFever
(11-25-2023, 08:30 AM)benji wrote: Still nowhere near as horrifying as what Joanne wants for all women everywhere.

Yeah, Potato might think that is bad, but I still cry myself to sleep when I think about DongMaster420 telling a female Call of Duty player to get back in the kitchen.

Kind of puts things in perspective.
I've been learned by you guys.

I was today years old when I learned that Joanne (TERF cunt) was the greatest monster of our time.
Quote:I did not approve of these methods.

Egomaniac 

If people want to know why Eastern Europe and Russia are kinda fucked up that is a good place to start.
You had the choice of being slowly tortured and worked to death by Hitlers death squads or freeze and starve to death in Stalins gulags.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
Nerokis wrote:I really don't know how someone can see Stellar Blade footage and think "oh, this is just another Bayonetta." I feel like some highly motivated reasoning has to be at play there.

They both have sexualized protagonists but the similarities pretty much end there. In Bayonetta's case, sexuality is explicitly couched in the game's overall vibe and style, and the character design reflects that also. In Stellar Blade… the main character has a big ass, extra breast physics, and a conveniently skin tight suit to showcase those things. That's it so far. All sexualization, zero sexuality. Not to mention it's hard to see any personality in general.

I don't think it really matters if you ultimately find Bayonetta problematic or not, either. Reasonable people will disagree on how Bayonetta executed on everything but this just isn't a like for like comparison either way.

omfg 

Faux poetics just to not be associated to the game Era doesn’t like. GTFO with that shit.

Oreiller wrote:Bayonetta is incredibly camp and doesn't take itself seriously, I have trouble imagining anyone getting aroused playing it because of this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck you.

Quote:Stella Blade looks like it takes itself way more seriously which makes the sexualisation gross.

What is Nier Automata? Hell, what is Vangrant’s Story? (The game where most characters were in BDSM gear, intentionally so).
You don't even need to look at the thread to know the misery it contains

https://www.resetera.com/threads/people-who-try-to-start-holidays-early-suck.788505/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-game-awards-an-open-letter-for-palestine.788679/

Lol
(11-25-2023, 02:22 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-game-awards-an-open-letter-for-palestine.788679/

Lol

I don't understand why this is the issue the game industry needs to speak up on? Like shouldn't it be a much bigger deal that Uighurs are apparently forced to work in the factories that manufacture videogame consoles?
From the "Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd’s killing, stabbed in prison" thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ex-officer-derek-chauvin-convicted-in-george-floyd%E2%80%99s-killing-stabbed-in-prison-ap-source-says.788583/page-5#post-115382826

[Image: 6V3xoNg.png]

[Image: xED68Oi.png]

[Image: ltVLj5r.png]

[Image: FltrGkn.png]

[Image: TermDUV.png]

[Image: hneITZ4.png]

[Image: xQXO2uB.png]

[Image: t6evukI.png]

[Image: pyTpGsk.png]

[Image: wNUq02j.png]

*FUCKING CRINGE*

[Image: v6XqPxg.gif]