Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-the-most-educated-people-in-america-fall-for-anti-semitic-lies-the-atlantic.817833/

Some dude already trying to justify anti semitism:

Quote:In a way, the article is kinds demonstrative of the issue at play, while speaking to a deeply frustrating ache for many. Because amidst the many stories about the aggression - major and micro - many Jewish people within the US have felt for perceived association, the article buries this in a set of brackets:

“Civilian casualties in war, however horrific, aren't genocide—but the demonization was the point.”

And like, the article comments about the preemptive defensive position a lot of people have been placed into. Where their guilt is actively assumed unless they demonstrate that they're, essentially, 'one of the good ones' who understands the Palestinian plight. So like, I get how the article wouldn't want to engage in having to make those same arguments to prove its point in the distress that many people have felt from this, whether or not, and even if, they had any actual connection to Israel at all

But it also belies the point, hinted at in choice phrases like the above, that the author doesn't really want to discuss some of the biggest factors of why people are primed to jump on board this stuff, except where they can specifically tie it to people being duped by Hamas. It even blunts their own point about how much weight there has been placed upon people being able to prove their suffering, even while other, incredibly dubious sources are believed without reservation. Again, I get that runs counter to the piece as an attempt to convey a minority's frustrations with people that they thought friends and allies, but it does make it hard to entirely take in good faith. But then, that's maybe the point so... hrm

But demonization was the point. Hamas expected a huge reprisal (they probably didn’t expect Netanyahu just don’t giving a fuck about optics anymore). Is frustrating that the Israel government is hellbent on being in a forever war just to avoid prison time for Netanyahu, but the discourse has been pretty anti semitic when people not even bother to not Zionist as a slur. While Israel government is feeling the after effects of using the anti semitism card for decades, is clear that many don’t even understand the conflict beyond what influencers tell them at social media.
Persephone wrote:I was once called "corpulent" by my bitch great-aunt. to my face. She was calling me fat.
Sabu
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-322?post=119272914#post-119272914
Spoiler:  (click to show)
(02-16-2024, 06:55 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(02-16-2024, 06:47 PM)Nintex wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-321
Quote:WTF-tier thread title aside, there's a seemingly extremely high chance of being real FF7 Rebirth image leak of Tifa getting an alternate costume that's about to turn her into a coomer icon.

It's bad. Like, several degrees beyond 'CBU1 telling CBU3/FFXVI devs to hold their beer because they got unfortunate ideas from the Italian Senate incident' character assassination tier bad.

SPOILER: TIFA AND AERITH ALTERNATE COSTUME LEAK
[Image: SPOILER-IMG-3349.jpg]

There's another picture with her wearing the costume at a different angle and pose that spoils a plot development, and both together are likely real because it'd be exceedingly difficult to fake both images (that and apparently Reddit is now manually nuking the images).

Sorry Phil, I might actually switch to PlayStation if they keep this up Whew

I don't understand how they can't see how pathetic they are right now. They're seriously mad about about a videogame character wearing a bikini on beach? 

How often has their complaint been that "Outfit X is impractical for fighting!" Now you got the perfectly appropriate setting and it doesn't matter either.

They're always, always moving the goalpost because they're too embarrassed to just admit that they're a bunch of prudes.

Thing is, they aren't anti-sexualization as much as they are anti-heterosexual male. Anything that could titillate heterosexual men must be shamed and beaten into submission. Anything that titillate the LGBT crowd is just fine. It why you can have a mod in that thread swoon and daydream all about her lesbian fantasies/fetishes without issue and why there's no "girl's club rhetoric" ban tag equivalent. It's why someone like MIMIC can post threads about his "gay sex adventures" and get a slap on the wrist at worst. It's deeply hypocritical and a glaring double standard, but they'd just say something something "power dynamics" something something "historical oppression" to brush those criticisms aside.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-has-been-fined-364-million-by-judge-engoron-in-the-new-york-civil-fraud-case.817860/page-2?post=119271984#post-119271984
Quote:In for the absolutely delicious and nutritious Truth Social posts tonight... Awwww fuck.

I got my Jergens ready.... hnnnnng.
Rhetorical boy club over Trump?
is this?
I can't believe she lost the case

Adding her to the Mar A Lago estate added at least another $40 million to the value of the property.

Not to mention the Ninja Turtles living there.
(02-16-2024, 09:40 PM)Averon wrote:
(02-16-2024, 06:55 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(02-16-2024, 06:47 PM)Nintex wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-321

Sorry Phil, I might actually switch to PlayStation if they keep this up Whew

I don't understand how they can't see how pathetic they are right now. They're seriously mad about about a videogame character wearing a bikini on beach? 

How often has their complaint been that "Outfit X is impractical for fighting!" Now you got the perfectly appropriate setting and it doesn't matter either.

They're always, always moving the goalpost because they're too embarrassed to just admit that they're a bunch of prudes.

Thing is, they aren't anti-sexualization as much as they are anti-heterosexual male. Anything that could titillate heterosexual men must be shamed and beaten into submission. Anything that titillate the LGBT crowd is just fine. It why you can have a mod in that thread swoon and daydream all about her lesbian fantasies/fetishes without issue and why there's no "girl's club rhetoric" ban tag equivalent. It's why someone like MIMIC can post threads about his "gay sex adventures" and get a slap on the wrist at worst. It's deeply hypocritical and a glaring double standard, but they'd just say something something "power dynamics" something something "historical oppression" to brush those criticisms aside.

Remember when the GTAVI trailer came out and that thread was practically silent on it?

[Image: 9C2bjLe.gif]
(02-16-2024, 06:34 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-2024-and-yes-its-still-a-trans-genocide-an-faq-and-what-you-can-do-about-it-today-and-beyond.811257/page-2?post=119262558#post-119262558

https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/georgia-senator-vows-to-protect-girl

Quote:Aleix, 8 years old, was a transgender child
  What

An 8 year old doesn't even know what they want for breakfast. Tell me this isn't psychological grooming.
[Image: JVN7box.png]

Just what are you trying to imply?
Quote:generic 'kids swimsuit' search lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
At least Amir0x was entertaining. These dismal cunts can’t even achieve that. Imagine the embarrassment these kids must feel when they discover it was a Ree who tried to lure them into the back of a van
Mezentine wrote:I think this is a very good attempt to disentangle the ways in which this is deeply messy. In particular, I don't know how I'm supposed to talk about the fact that currently a state that defines itself by its Jewishness, controlled by Jewish people who make their identity a core part of the ideological thrust of all of their activity, is committing violence and atrocities on a mass scale and just...bracket out that factor? Like, I think Netanyahu is a monster, full stop. There are other historical figures, past and present and from every continent, who I could analogize him to. But any attempt to articulate that some specific Jewish people in power in Israel both have powerful allies in the US government and are currently carrying out what appears to be eliminationist violence is represented and reflected back "So you're saying all Jews are powerful goblins who control the world? Wow very revealing". Its this weird disempowering move where no Jewish people can ever be held account to anything they would do with power because by definition the idea that any Jewish people anywhere are powerful or have influence is antisemitic. What are you supposed to do with that?

Not using “Zionist” as a slur will be a good start. Also, is kind of naive to think that ProPalestine side doesn’t have a lot of powerful political figures backing them across the globe, the ones that obfuscate the reasons for the conflict to be a “good vs evil” rhetoric. But that's none of my business... 

I dunno my man, maybe you guys should replace Jews with Blacks, Muslims or Asians. Just to see how problematic it sounds.
(02-16-2024, 10:18 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: [Image: JVN7box.png]

It means that female transsexuals can act like little girls but fictional biological girls need to not look like sluts (even if they masturbate with it). Nobody in that thread will dare to mention that she no one to accuse others of infantilizing and bitching about moe when she is rocking that Avatar.

The usual double discourse.
Mezentine wrote:Its this weird disempowering move where no Jewish people can ever be held account to anything they would do with power because by definition the idea that any Jewish people anywhere are powerful or have influence is antisemitic. What are you supposed to do with that?

Yeshrug
perhaps try not being racist "with that"

The frills look kind of crappy but I wouldn't be surprised if they're there to actually cover up her butt a little more, which is ironically exactly what these idiots want
L_ThammySpacenoidisaSlur wrote:I don't know how it plays out in regular online discourse, but there have been concerned raised about, for example, the Anti-Defamation League using accusations of anti-semitism to silence criticisms of Israel's genocidal actions against the Palestinian people. I do think based on that it's fair to say that there's at least some degree of complexity in how the actions of Israel as a state and the safety of Jewish people as a set of ethnic groups are muddled in popular narratives

Weren’t you assholes using the ADL to prove that stuff like Pepe and the OK signs were racist dog whistles? Now you suddenly think that is manipulative.
Curious
Quote:Its this weird disempowering move where no Chinese people can ever be held account to anything they would do with power because by definition the idea that any Chinese people anywhere are powerful or have influence is Sinophobic. What are you supposed to do with that?

What thread is this for a Ree to look up kiddies in swimsuits?
2 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Gameboy Nostalgia
truly deranged behavior to see a sexualized character and immediately start saying they remind you of chilren
(02-16-2024, 11:23 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote:
(02-16-2024, 10:18 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: snip

What thread is this for a Ree to look up kiddies in swimsuits?

The one full of men claiming to be women.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-321?post=119260806#post-119260806
(02-16-2024, 10:53 PM)Nintex wrote:
Mezentine wrote:Its this weird disempowering move where no Jewish people can ever be held account to anything they would do with power because by definition the idea that any Jewish people anywhere are powerful or have influence is antisemitic. What are you supposed to do with that?

Yeshrug

One again it's wonderful to see their own ludicrous standards being suddenly used against them. This is the exact same rhetoric they have used to disingenuously argue that EVERYTHING IS RACISM!

It's so fucking satisfying...
Win
Its this weird disempowering move where no Black people can ever be held account to anything they would do with gang violence because by definition the idea that any Black people anywhere are gangsters or have violent tendencies is racist. What are you supposed to do with that?

Ree only a step away from quoting stormfront's 13% of the population shit.
"ClickyCal wrote:I guess it's a nitpick from me, but I get bothered when pokemon in general get gendered lol. Even non gendered pokemon.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-main-series-and-spinoff-rumors-leaks-speculation-and-discussion-thread-spoilers.690604/post-119284272

Fucking weirdo
I don't know who's worse/more pathetic between ClickyCal' and Melody Shreds.
I ain’t quoting that image, but they’re a bunch of fucking nonces
https://www.resetera.com/threads/crystal-dynamic-reveals-artwork-of-what-is-believed-to-be-unified-lara-croft-from-their-upcoming-ue5-game.816906/page-7?post=119288523#post-119288523

Princess Bubblegum, post: 119288523, member: 2627 wrote:I can live with the throwback outfit, just hoping the in-game models emphasizes her muscle mass. Need some high level muscle simulation, especially when she's climbing.

Not a fetish
(02-17-2024, 04:14 AM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/crystal-dynamic-reveals-artwork-of-what-is-believed-to-be-unified-lara-croft-from-their-upcoming-ue5-game.816906/page-7?post=119288523#post-119288523

Princess Bubblegum, post: 119288523, member: 2627 wrote:I can live with the throwback outfit, just hoping the in-game models emphasizes her muscle mass. Need some high level muscle simulation, especially when she's climbing.

Not a fetish

"I hate that she wears shorts but I also need to see those thicc thighs working"

Mouf
These mentally ill pedos are probably going to lose their asylum soon tbh.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-02-16-225044.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-322?post=119287959#post-119287959

Menome, post: 119263992, member: 299 wrote:Seeing that dismissed as purely bad by others here just rankles me somewhat. She meant so much to a lot of us, regardless of if she was also masturbatory material for blokes. Because she was more than just a sex object to me, my sister, to a generation of younger women in gaming at the time and whilst it's obviously unintentional, that's what these takes feel like they reduce the entire idea and ethos to

Princess Bubblegum, post: 119287959, member: 2627 wrote:It's okay if you disagree or take issue with how some of us are expressing ourselves about the OG Lara design. Sometimes I think we don't have or encourage enough critical dissent in here, especially when it comes to verbiage, which probably has pushed some women away. Which I certainly don't want to happen.

In a bubble, the design is fine. For me, I look at it and I just think about the way she was used as a sex symbol for horny boys and men. So the possibility of them going back to the design rubs me the wrong way, knowing how much the market still caters to men. With some modifications to her physic and the outfit to make her look closer to a professional rock climber, my lesbian ass would sweating. 😅 But alas I am not a demo worth targeting by the powers that be.

Also, it's not like reboot Lara wasn't sexualized in TR 2013. They did better with the following games (and I loved how many outfits you could unlock).

Princess Bubblegum not be a weird creepy cunt challenge (impossible)