Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(03-09-2024, 03:07 PM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote:
(03-09-2024, 06:33 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-147?post=120248337#post-120248337

Gloomy we will never know the poliera discord drama..

BabyDontHurtMe wrote:Discord is great if you could jibe with the community but I couldn't in the PoliERA one for reasons I prefer not to share.

Kinvara wrote:On the contrary, I highly recommend that people join the Discord because while no community is perfect at least in the Discord when a user repeatedly denied that sexual assaults occurred on October 7. They were banned.

Sickos (Batman edition)
(03-09-2024, 03:16 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
shiba5 wrote:Get ready for all the sales mile stone threads because you know they are coming. We aren't people. We are just objects who should enjoy being ogled. "Unapologetic". What would it be like to live in a world where men had to shut up and take being treated like meat?

Like the weird thirst posts women can make about men on the site without being banned? 

Foot wrote:That's exactly what I thought of haha, the gloating sales threads.

And if that picture posted earlier is anything to go by the skin suit is ridiculously UN-sexy! It's repulsive! These people don't care if something is actually "sexy" in a way that's nice to look at, just that it's objectifying.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-334?post=120255720#post-120255720

Social Justice Warrior 2

This feminist self righteous anger rings hollow when you have TwoHearts in that thread (and the only thing you asked her is that she stopped writing as a child). You have a creeper shitting on your thread but you are offended by a random Internet comment.
They can't give Nep the axe because that would be an admission they've had a racist antisemite admin for years
in constructive thread now:

B-Dubs, post: 120248190, member: 143 wrote:Where's the conspiracy nuts in that post? Also, maybe click on the link.

I do want to note, again, that we have literally gone to previously unheard of lengths to try and keep the social media nut jobs out of the threads about Oct 7 and the ongoing situation in Gaza. People have been getting banned and threadbanned at rates most haven't ever seen and sources are scrutinized to the point where even reputable youtube channels aren't allowed to be posted. If someone is actually posting conspiracy theory nonsense I want to know because we've been coming down on that incredibly hard already.

theme park joe, post: 120256284, member: 14964 wrote:Is it acceptable for users to post the conspiracy that the collective nation of Jews are responsable for the Isreal governement actions?
Hesright Divest from capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy!

damn they going for the juggular rn lmao
Is there any actual proof that when abducted from their homes that when people actually got to hang out with super cool leftist anti-capitalist decolonising minorities didn't just get super horny and want to fuck them tho?
also - hear me out - maybe 'sexual slavery' is a loaded term.
How about we call it 'sexual reparations' instead?
Meanwhile constructive is on fire and this is the post that Royalfats decides to respond to:

Ashlette, post: 120255093, member: 23725 wrote:[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragons-dogma-2-character-creation-tool-is-out-show-your-arisen.825051/[/URL]
Fatphobia on the first page that hasn't been actioned since last Thursday. This one is really bad too.

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier about era having a fatphobia problem. Either the community didn't care to report it, or the post wasn't deemed hurtful.

And no, the character isn't fatphobic, it's the "commentary" from the comedian poster.

Royalan, post: 120255504, member: 41 wrote:Did you report it?

Ashlette, post: 120255645, member: 23725 wrote:Yup I reported it when I saw it this morning.

Royalan, post: 120256392, member: 41 wrote:Ah, I see it.

I just left a note on it. Give it time, though. Quite a few reports in that queue, atm.

You literally can’t make this shit up Dead
“Did you report it?” seems to be their common dismissal. The fact things can be actioned immediately when it’s concerning a brave admins twitter account yet it takes weeks for someone calling for the destruction of Israel to be temporarily banned… 

Can’t make this shit up
They ban people for "abusing the report system" these days.
Can someone send me an invite to poliEra discord? Or a picture of Sydney Sweeney's breasts that I havn't already seen?
They figured out how to lock a thread. 

bdumbs wrote:Considering how far this has derailed at this point, we're locking the thread.

No bans for the derailers of course. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/state-of-the-union-2024-president-biden-march-7th-9-pm-est.825024/page-25?post=120257127#post-120257127
Nepenthe sending a prison guard to do her dirty work is very on brand.
(03-09-2024, 04:17 PM)Rendle wrote: Can someone send me an invite to poliEra discord? Or a picture of Sydney Sweeney's breasts that I havn't already seen?

[Image: amBQ8X4_700bwp.webp]
Besticus Maximus dateline='[url=tel:1710001229' wrote: 1710001229[/url]']
Nepenthe sending a prison guard to do her dirty work is very on brand.

Naaaaaaaaaah… That bitch ain’t slick.

Or is she?
[Image: 4220804d224960094985a15892c779dd.jpg]
sheepinator wrote:Speaking of, Brady's ban has been reduced to two weeks.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-149?post=120257862#post-120257862

Did three mods sign off on this too?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/post-120254580

Quote:Get ready for all the sales mile stone threads because you know they are coming. We aren't people. We are just objects who should enjoy being ogled. "Unapologetic". What would it be like to live in a world where men had to shut up and take being treated like meat?

Imagine saying this when men in Ukraine(and elsewhere) are being conscripted to be literal meat shields in a war.
(03-09-2024, 04:46 PM)LoverOfCycles wrote: Imagine saying this when men in Ukraine(and elsewhere) are being conscripted to be literal meat shields in a war.
honestly that's nothing compared to ME, who is upset by something i knew i'd be upset by and went out of my way to look for it
[Image: jR1A6dL.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/post-120258105

dahbomb pretending to care and flexing his "help" in getting users to resetti as if he also hasn't tossed around anti-semetic insults in the fg discord lol

[Image: lNS7jaj.png]

these people love to be on a high horse while forgetting to clean up the shit it leaves behind
none of them look like women. They are saying these things as what they interpret women saying. So I don’t see a scenario where any of these fucking LARPer pedos are being ogled by any gender. Stared at in a “what a freak” way, i’ll give them that. But never “ogled”.

BTW…. That was an “Inflammatory” statement made by a moderator.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nielsen-marvel-studios-the-marvels-tops-movie-streaming-charts.825498/

fj083 wrote:Glad the movie got a second wind on Steaming, this is probably why Vellani was assured there was more coming for her character.

Freudian slip over how this movie was a steaming pile of shit? lol
There’s so much inflammation, but does anyone have some ibuprofen
The logical conclusion of the fervent mod support for rabid single issue Palestine voters is that only Palestinian lives matter and all other current genocides pale in comparison. The trans genocide thread should be unstickied as it might influence people to vote for Genocide Joe and continue the suffering in Gaza.

If Trump wins and exterminates all non-straight white chud males, well, not my problem Elon
Creeping fear now randomly perma’d, who will be next?

https://www.resetera.com/members/creepingfear.10626/

BabyDontHurtMe wrote:So two users got permabanned (CreepingFear and treble) and there's no ban reasoning for either of them that I could find on their post history. Unless both of them started to harass staff in the DMs (which could obviously get you in trouble), this whole fiasco is going to get worse if there's no communication from staff.

ratcliffja wrote:Yeah this is definitely getting GAF-esque.

NotSoNeat wrote:So they're just gonna ban regulars now without stated reasons.... they really need to explain themselves
(03-09-2024, 05:27 PM)Water Enjoyer wrote: The trans genocide thread should be unstickied as it might influence people to vote for Genocide Joe and continue the suffering in Gaza.

???

The trans genocide is the get out of jail free card for saying you’re not voting for Genocide Joe.
b dumbs wrote:Attempting to doxx members of staff has always been a permable offense.

lol
Bdumbs appears!!!

Quote:
Quote:So two users got permabanned (CreepingFear and treble) and there's no ban reasoning for either of them that I could find on their post history. Unless both of them started to harass staff in the DMs (which could obviously get you in trouble), this whole fiasco is going to get worse if there's no communication from staff.
Attempting to doxx members of staff has always been a permable offense.

Rejoice

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-149?post=120260361#post-120260361
(03-09-2024, 05:47 PM)TylenolJones wrote:
(03-09-2024, 05:27 PM)Water Enjoyer wrote: The trans genocide thread should be unstickied as it might influence people to vote for Genocide Joe and continue the suffering in Gaza.

???

The trans genocide is the get out of jail free card for saying you’re not voting for Genocide Joe.

You're not slick throwing the genocide in Gaza under the bus like this. We see you. ufup
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(03-09-2024, 05:13 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nielsen-marvel-studios-the-marvels-tops-movie-streaming-charts.825498/

[quote=fj083]Glad the movie got a second wind on Steaming, this is probably why Vellani was assured there was more coming for her character.

This just in, An MCU movie that puts on stream is number one on the charts. Who cares? Let's see how it is a month from now.
(03-09-2024, 02:43 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
maledict wrote:Sorry to derail a bit, but this attitude really doesn't stand up to any scrutiny, especially when it comes with a huge amount of smug "I'm better than you all" attitude.

Separating the art from the artist is principally about dead people. It's about understanding the historical context of figures in our past, and how we can split the creator from the creation, That is wildly different to supporting the works of a living artist who is actively engaged in discrimination. Everytime you buy or watch a Harry Potter product, you are directly contributing towards anti-trans activity, and funding. You are giving your money to hurt trans people. Same with Orson Scott Card and gay people.

All you are effectively saying is "My own pleasures matter more than the lives of people different to me". Not reading a book or watching a film is one of the easiest sacrifices it's possible to make in our lives, and yet you act like its a moral sin to *not* give money to bigots. This isn't an election where someone has to win, it's not like someone has a gun to your head. Just *don't give money to racists and bigots*.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-you-used-to-enjoy-re-watching-but-no-longer-do-because-someone-involved-has-been-exposed-as-a-piece-of-shit.825369/page-3?post=120253491#post-120253491
Me refusing the tenets of your religion does not harm the lives of people different from me. Your religions demand for "sacrifices" is not binding on me.
(03-09-2024, 05:52 PM)TylenolJones wrote: Bdumbs appears!!!

Quote:
Quote:So two users got permabanned (CreepingFear and treble) and there's no ban reasoning for either of them that I could find on their post history. Unless both of them started to harass staff in the DMs (which could obviously get you in trouble), this whole fiasco is going to get worse if there's no communication from staff.
Attempting to doxx members of staff has always been a permable offense.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-149?post=120260361#post-120260361
How is posting someone's Twitter account doxing? Dead