Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
You just don't get it.. it's not sex slavery, okay? Hamas is, like, totally bad and we all agree, right ( Wink )? But, geez! Brady called it sex slavery and that's saying ALL of Hamas are allowing it. This isn't a good look, ok?
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Genocide Joe
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-153?post=120268935#post-120268935

Quote:Are folks really this bad at text interpretation? I'm not surprised the most reactionary part of this forum is like this, but it looks like you don't even give it a try. What LudicrousSpeed (who must be a saint) is saying is that there's a distinction between "Hamas is engaging in sex slavery" and "Individual instances of sexual abuse (and even sexual slavery) happened".

The corollary here, and maybe it will help folks grasp the moderation argument, is the fact that there have been many individual instances of IDF soldiers engaging in sexual abuse and torture of its prisoners (both before and after Oct 7). If I were to go to the Israel-Palestine thread and say the "sex slavery organization IDF", and provided either no context or individual examples only, it's not unreasonable to treat that as inflammatory comment.

I don't think this is necessarily a ban worthy offense and I don't agree with a lot of moderation decisions on many of the other topics here, but it's not like their reasoning here is that outlandish that it requires this whole struggle session.

Another mod alt enters the ring!
(03-09-2024, 10:21 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-153?post=120268995#post-120268995

Captain Tuttle wrote:This ongoing defense of fucking hamas of all goddamned organizations is insane. They openly call for the total destruction of Israel, its in their charter ffs
 Hesright

Uhm. Acktually, it's not anymore. 

Quote:In a departure from the tone of the original charter, which presented the fight against Israel as a religious struggle, the new document said that there was a nationalist conflict "with the Zionist project not with the Jews because of their religion".
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom
Also, considering that they're hostages it seems any sex slavery or rape at all is a formalized and systemic problem considering Hamas claims to be the legal governing body.
Can we stop hating on Hamas now? Geez!  Social Justice Warrior 2
(03-09-2024, 10:22 PM)Lonewulfeus wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-153?post=120268935#post-120268935

Quote:Are folks really this bad at text interpretation? I'm not surprised the most reactionary part of this forum is like this, but it looks like you don't even give it a try. What LudicrousSpeed (who must be a saint) is saying is that there's a distinction between "Hamas is engaging in sex slavery" and "Individual instances of sexual abuse (and even sexual slavery) happened".

The corollary here, and maybe it will help folks grasp the moderation argument, is the fact that there have been many individual instances of IDF soldiers engaging in sexual abuse and torture of its prisoners (both before and after Oct 7). If I were to go to the Israel-Palestine thread and say the "sex slavery organization IDF", and provided either no context or individual examples only, it's not unreasonable to treat that as inflammatory comment.

I don't think this is necessarily a ban worthy offense and I don't agree with a lot of moderation decisions on many of the other topics here, but it's not like their reasoning here is that outlandish that it requires this whole struggle session.

If it were a normal user posting that: 
User Banned (Duration Pending): Downplaying Sexual Slavery, Dismissing Concerns, Account in Junior Phase
(03-09-2024, 05:52 PM)TylenolJones wrote: Bdumbs appears!!!

Quote:
Quote:So two users got permabanned (CreepingFear and treble) and there's no ban reasoning for either of them that I could find on their post history. Unless both of them started to harass staff in the DMs (which could obviously get you in trouble), this whole fiasco is going to get worse if there's no communication from staff.
Attempting to doxx members of staff has always been a permable offense.

Rejoice

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-149?post=120260361#post-120260361
Remember when a guy made a comment on his private Twitter that Nepenthe shouldn't be a mod and they permabanned him for that?

I remember

Edit:oh my god, that was so many pages ago. I got some catching up to do
And all because Era administration was racist enough to conflate Hamas with "the collective nation of Muslim people". lmao
I'm surprised Clicky hasn't posted again there. I guess Stellar Blade is more important.
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
Nevermind! We got a ":(".
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, BIONIC
They should really reopen the SOTU thread with the rule of "Stop the Genocide Joe talk. We've made a Genocide Joe discussion (containment) thread elsewhere. Post there in the future. Continue the SOTU discussion."
(03-09-2024, 10:28 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: And all because Era administration was racist enough to conflate Hamas with "the collective nation of Muslim people". lmao
That's because you aren't seeing the big picture they are of how this movement will grow into liberating Muslims all over the planet from capitalism, colonialism and white supremacy.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
Or at least would if that fucking Genocide Joe stopped giving Israel $3 billion a year. It's like he's not even seeing my tweets. Rage
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Propagandhim, Genocide Joe
I do find it funny that it's being pointed out to staff that the Genocide Joe crowd is using their "Justified" derails to get threads locked and moderation is doing nothing about it. Would it be so bold to say that they are even encouraging it?  lol
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Genocide Joe
Being a red blooded capitalist democrat, which is the majority of the democratic base, is now a crime.  wag

Nep, Bdubs, and Plagiareek right now.

edit- don't know how to embed gifs. sorry folks.
I got you babe

[Image: v9tQi1v.gif]
I just watched the first 2 eps of Chernobyl when I realized what ResetEra is going through is also a meltdown.

Unfortunately for the people of ResetEra their Professor Legasov has been banned for speaking up, Shcherbina asked for his account to be deleted years ago and their Gorbachev sold his office to Swiss bankers who didn't even bother to visit the country they bought and simply collected the taxes.

So all that is left are these guys:
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bwl5t8r8rzp9skd7iad...y.gif&ct=g]

So they continue to deny the reactor exploded when people point at the fire, they don't pour sand on it and they don't evacuate anyone. They just let the radiation spread as they congratulate themselves on the good job they are doing in their private discords while the bodies pile up around them.
(03-09-2024, 09:58 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote:
Ludicrous Alt wrote:Why do you think that matters?

Before knowing about the report: There's no evidence of Hamas systematizing rape of prisoners so to suggest that Hamas is engaging in sex slavery is over the line.
After knowing about the report: There's still no evidence of Hamas systematizing rape of prisoners so to suggest that Hamas is engaging in sex slavery is still over the line.

A UN report saying that some of the captives have been raped doesn't change that.

In case anyone from PoliERA wants to respond to this obvious mod alt:

UN Report wrote:"Based on the information it gathered, the mission team found clear and convincing information that sexual violence, including rape, sexualized torture, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment has been committed against hostages and has reasonable grounds to believe that such violence may be ongoing against those still held in captivity. In line with a survivor/victim-centered approach, findings are conveyed in generic terms and details are not revealed."

Quote:reasonable grounds to believe that such violence may be ongoing against those still held in captivity

Quote:reasonable grounds to believe that such violence may be ongoing against those still held in captivity

Games as a Service

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-154?post=120269853#post-120269853

They should really thank you.
Until Poliera posts pics of dicks and shit, the mods will just de-frock Plagiarize temporarily and Nep goes on forced vacation for the weekend, and everything will chug along as usual.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Windrunner in constructive:
Windrunner wrote:The mods are a part of the community but you dickheads keep running them off the site through harassment and cretinous attacks on their character such as by making offensive comparisons to cops. Anything remotely contentious a mod posts is then quoted out of context and/or given the least charitable interpretation possible in order to instigate an uprising. I've been on the receiving end of this myself and it was among the most stressful times of my adult life (yes, really). I wish you self-important clowns would try to put each yourselves in someone else's shoes and consider that the mods are human and that these witch hunts have a profound effect on their mental health. The mods are going to screw up sometimes, you can point that without getting personal.

I have no reason to go to bat for the admins, they threw me under the bus and betrayed my trust when the mob came for me and now I get banned for the most comical reasons but seriously fuck off with your stupid fucking self-righteous crusades and laughable calls for "moderator elections" just do you can get yet another long-term staff member to quit. It's a discussion board filled with anime avatars talking about electronic toys and cartoons, it's not that serious. Go outside, losers.

It's not lost on me either that the most vehement campaigns against staff members is always against the female ones. Funny that.

This is definitely going to help the situation.
Sibersk Esto wrote:
Ignatz Mouse said wrote:There is an orthodoxy here that skews hard left, and if you are a prolific poster that does not follow that orthodoxy you will be under the gun for a potential ban for the slightest infraction.
Not sure what anything that's happened has to do with leftism.

You seriously going to say there's no purity tests happening right now on Resetera? There's no one being dogpiled and told to "FUCK OFF" for even the most smallest lean away from the far left ideology?
3 users liked this post: Jordi L'Engorge, Taco Bell Tower, Hap Shaughnessy
(03-09-2024, 11:03 PM)nobody of note wrote: Windrunner in constructive:
Windrunner wrote:The mods are a part of the community but you dickheads keep running them off the site through harassment and cretinous attacks on their character such as by making offensive comparisons to cops. Anything remotely contentious a mod posts is then quoted out of context and/or given the least charitable interpretation possible in order to instigate an uprising. I've been on the receiving end of this myself and it was among the most stressful times of my adult life (yes, really). I wish you self-important clowns would try to put each yourselves in someone else's shoes and consider that the mods are human and that these witch hunts have a profound effect on their mental health. The mods are going to screw up sometimes, you can point that without getting personal.

I have no reason to go to bat for the admins, they threw me under the bus and betrayed my trust when the mob came for me and now I get banned for the most comical reasons but seriously fuck off with your stupid fucking self-righteous crusades and laughable calls for "moderator elections" just do you can get yet another long-term staff member to quit. It's a discussion board filled with anime avatars talking about electronic toys and cartoons, it's not that serious. Go outside, losers.

It's not lost on me either that the most vehement campaigns against staff members is always against the female ones. Funny that.

The buck ends at B-dubs and last I checked he's not a woman.
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Tucker's Law, Taco Bell Tower
Could someone go into a random thread and do a little mod praising. Maybe pat one of the lesser knowns on the back. Just to keep them confused and off the scent.
Where them Gal Gadot gifs?
I just want to hear what Princess Bubblegum has to say about conflating the important Islamic Institution of harems with sex slavery
(03-09-2024, 11:10 PM)Cheststrongwell wrote: Where them Gal Gadot gifs?

sydney sweeney is our current sweetheart.

Me no like it when people do bad things to each other. Bad men are bad. I am 9.
(03-09-2024, 10:22 PM)Lonewulfeus wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-153?post=120268935#post-120268935

Tom Brady never said “Hamas is engaging in sex slavery” you bafoon. If the exact interpretation of vocabulary matters so much as to warrant a 1 month ban why don’t you quote the actual post which says “hostages, according to the UN, are being used as sex slaves.”

Like your justification for banning him is that the UN never said it was some organizational goal of Hamas to engage is sex slavery, well, neither did Brady. You’re the only ones saying this…

This is the shit that would piss me off if I was just a member trying to discuss some politics with my friends. One of them gets a freaking month and the mods can’t even give a coherent answer why the comment was ban worthy at all.
(03-09-2024, 11:16 PM)Snoopy wrote: Me no like it when people do bad things to each other. Bad men are bad. I am 9.

Would you like a link to Kyuuji's discord?
(03-09-2024, 11:03 PM)nobody of note wrote: Windrunner in constructive:

The entire board was founded as a safe space for their users, away from the 'nastiness' of the internet. Seems to me, Windrunner, you got tossed because you didn't understand your role.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with that statement or even a decent portion of your post. But you ARE going to bat for the mods. And its colossally stupid.