Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
[Image: beex6k9j.png]

Divest from capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy!
It wasn't a post that got me permabanned at Ree, but my changing my avatar to this emote that Stufte had made awhile back:  GAMERGATE!

I even think it was someone from TheBore who reported it on ReeEra lol
I don't think I'd ban anyone who reported us to the ADL. I can't speak for bork.
I think the thing that's actually funniest to me is Nepenthe's refusal to defend her position at all and B-Dubs willingness to support this unreserved. (Without repercussions.)
Too difficult to say what is the funniest thing, but the goddamn ADL tickled me
(03-11-2024, 07:56 PM)Nintex wrote: FACT CHECK

[Image: f39hzflk.png]

hmm

HOW VERY DARE YOU TRY AND CALL THE FEDS ON ME, SURRENDER YOUR DISCORD OR I WILL CALL THE FEDS
For the record is that nintex screenshot real? We have been so far beyond parody that it's impossible to know, but Nintex thriving in the PoliEra discord would be the biggest twist so far
B-Dumbs wrote:Has had members talk about plots to get others in trouble with the FBI

There isn't anyway you can read TheBrady's FBI comment as some call to to get Nep arrested by the damn FBI. B-Dumbs is being a lying, disingenuous petty bastard.

B-Dumbs wrote:Is trying to get us in trouble with the goddamn anti defamation league

I doubt this happened, but even if it did...good!! The site's been seeped in antisemitism for a while now. Your own damn admin in the center of this shit show now has a reputation on your own forum for being an anti-smite. If the ADL investigates your shitty forum and deems it having an issue with antisemitism, you and your shitty leadership is at fault for letting it happen.

B-Dumbs wrote:Gone to kiwifarms to gather "dirt" to use on people and has justified it

Someone ending up on KF searching for Nep's well established shitty takes--and immediately backing out--isn't some crime, nor does it make what Nep did and said disappear. This is pure deflection.

B-Dumbs wrote:Engaged in harassment of members and staff members

Documenting and talking about you and your mods' shitty leadership isn't "harassment" no matter how much you bitch and cry about it.
I love how he can't even comprehend the joke, that no one was plotting to get Nepenthe in trouble with the FBI, they were saying that's where she was naturally going to go, saying something the FBI would look into.

Pretty much telling on himself and his staff that they'd assume this was a "plot" and that people would actually plot. But that's none of my business...
[Image: 6n2oQrS.png]

what in the name of bootlicking
(03-11-2024, 08:13 PM)benji wrote: I love how he can't even comprehend the joke, that no one was plotting to get Nepenthe in trouble with the FBI, they were saying that's where she was naturally going to go, saying something the FBI would look into.

I think he knows, if what his terms are is that they give him admin on the discord seems like the whole thing is an opportunistic land grab of the poliera discord LOL.
(03-11-2024, 08:14 PM)remy wrote: [Image: 6n2oQrS.png]

what in the name of bootlicking

dude is obviously trolling B-Chuds
[Image: Crz3UTj.png]

lol lol lol
B-Dumbs just want a complete takeover of the PoliERA Discord, or have it shutdown.
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Im gonna be so disapointed when they're trying to sell russian seo farms
That mre poster has to be a mod sock puppet.  Nothing could convince me otherwise.
"The one you call benji" has been echoing in my head for the past half hour
(03-11-2024, 08:20 PM)Lonewulfeus wrote: That mre poster has to be a mod sock puppet.  Nothing could convince me otherwise.

nah I think they're doing a ju-jitsu troll on B-Chuds, overly calling his bluff over and over
I know everyone's been eagerly awaiting Kyuuji's take on this, so:
Kyuuji wrote:Not going to entwine myself in the majority of this as someone who's both lost a large portion of their community from the forum, runs an off-site Discord, still has a target on their back from Kiwifarms and who's been doxxed, trying to thread a needle between everything in any productive manner seems futile. What I will say though, as a general point of awareness, is that if someone is talking about going to kiwifarms to root around for personal info on someone they should have been given much more than a warning. Maybe it's easy to not realise if you haven't had that Sauron's gaze on you, but it is an extremely disconcerting and worrying thing. Going to a nazi haven known for harassing people to suicide to hunt for dirt on a staff member is beyond any line in the sand people should have.

Also more 'ever admitting you went anywhere near one of the sites that must not be named gives site staff carte blanche to obliterate your community':
ArkkAngel007 wrote:Yeah, there's too many people trying to excuse that activity, regardless of where it took place, by who, and what reason. It's been zero tolerance for any involvement given the history of targeting staff and wider membership both here and back on NeoGAF, on top of Gamergate and related activity.

I'd also say it's perfectly reasonable for staff here to not want to continue platforming that server or its members if that person continues to be a part of it. Someone who did know what Kiwifarms was by joking about "being put on a list" for going there, so there's no ignorance leash to slack.

Ultimately staff can't and shouldn't generally dictate about the goings on offsite, but they can still action here over it and request/deliver consequences here if actions there start affecting the forum and members here.

GYODX wrote:PoliEra has been a daily lurking ground for me going back 7+ years. It's inconceivable to me that this forum would not host a thread for general political discussion, on an election year of all years.

Where do those of us who value PoliEra, but are not members of or do not engage with that Discord server and thus have little in the way of leverage or pressure points we can apply on the admins of that server, go from here?

Why not just prohibit the sharing of Discord links and ban the Era accounts of members who you have it in good authority are participating in or abetting the doxxing of staff? The alternative of trying to proxy moderate the many dozens of Era Discord offshoots seems completely unsustainable to me.

Likewise for the Discord side, why not go for a clean break from Era? That's what one of the earlier PoliEra Discord offshoots did. You can't even tell there was ever any Era affiliation if you didn't know the history, or recognized some members who are also on Era. It's just political discussion completely independent of whatever's going on in Era. This is *NOT* to say that the PoliEra community (or what's left of it) should leave for Discord altogether. That would be a huge loss for this forum.

Sounds like there will be a new thread, it's just the ball is in the court of main heads of that community if they want to be the ones to continue doing so and have the Discord still platformed here. At least as I understand it between all the gaslighting and snark.
(03-11-2024, 08:08 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Too difficult to say what is the funniest thing, but the goddamn ADL tickled me

What Cat George Lucas Anhuld But steel's heavier than feathers...
Im in that discord lol. I think bdubs infilterated but they kicked them out.
(03-11-2024, 08:23 PM)nobody of note wrote: I know everyone's been eagerly awaiting Kyuuji's take on this, so:
Kyuuji wrote:Not going to entwine myself in the majority of this as someone who's both lost a large portion of their community from the forum, runs an off-site Discord, still has a target on their back from Kiwifarms and who's been doxxed,
Wut

(03-11-2024, 08:23 PM)nobody of note wrote: I know everyone's been eagerly awaiting Kyuuji's take on this, so:
Kyuuji wrote:Going to a nazi haven known for harassing people to suicide to hunt for dirt on a staff member is beyond any line in the sand people should have.
This is "known" like how Joanne is known for shoving all her money into right-wing groups.
Quote:eah, there's too many people trying to excuse that activity, regardless of where it took place, by who, and what reason. It's been zero tolerance for any involvement given the history of targeting staff and wider membership both here and back on NeoGAF, on top of Gamergate and related activity.

I'd also say it's perfectly reasonable for staff here to not want to continue platforming that server or its members if that person continues to be a part of it. Someone who did know what Kiwifarms was by joking about "being put on a list" for going there, so there's no ignorance leash to slack.

How this shit have been working for you? The site is an worst state than NeoGaf twilight years and the CHUDs are still a threat (  Rolleyes )

It feel like it was an excuse to not take responsibility and let shit moderation run rampant. Am I out of touch?
B-Dubs should take lessons from another guy trying to crack down on a toxic community that's been fostered:
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/10/world/russian-student-jailed-renaming-wifi-ukraine-intl/index.html wrote:A Moscow court has sentenced a Russian university student to 10 days in jail for naming his Wi-Fi router with a pro-Ukrainian slogan, Russian media reported.

The Moscow State University student, identified by RIA as Oleg Tarasov, had changed the name of his WIFI network to “Slava Ukraine,”
The student was found guilty of propaganda and the “public display of Nazi symbols” by the Nikulinsky District Court of Moscow on Thursday, and authorities confiscated his router, state-run RIA reported.
B-dubs jingled the kiwifarms keys to distract from Nep calling for Jewish ethnic cleansing right after the Oct. 7th attacks, and the inmates have bought it. No wonder he's still jingling them as furiously as he can, they're dumb enough to fall for it.   Yeshrug
(03-11-2024, 05:43 PM)TylenolJones wrote:
(03-11-2024, 05:13 PM)nobody of note wrote: Having ignored the repeated requests for explicit criteria the discord must meet to appease the staff (I assume because it's 'ban Brady for making a joke' but who knows), B-Dubs does feel compelled to post this zinger:

B-Dubs wrote:Yes it is. We're waiting.

I have no idea who actually runs that Discord but I hope they keep him waiting forever.

I’m amazed he actually thinks this plan is going to work, instead of just resulting in all the discord members hating him and all the non discord members hating him. 

He’ll only regret this when he has to keep making threads for every news story he sees on CNN.

After the massive sales community debacle, which must have affected visitor numbers in a huge way (most people were led to neogaf because of the availability of sales figures), you'd think that dumb fuck would learn. 

The politics community, while diminished, is still one of those that generates significant interest from outside the current audience and from within. Losing them would put another huge dent in advertising revenue for MOBA and we get that much closer to the inevitable, "What the fuck happened to our $5 million investment?"
song lyrics:

Quote:You discord in the last few days has done the following:
Gone to kiwifarms to gather "dirt" to use on people and has justified it
Engaged in harassment of members and staff members
Has had members talk about plots to get others in trouble with the FBI
Is trying to get us in trouble with the goddamn anti defamation league
Is trying to contact fucking MSNBC to get them to write a story
Is trying to brigade Moba's inbox with nonsense accusations

At what point do you take responsibility for the kind of community you have fostered? Where is the moderation? Do you think you'd ever see any of this sort of shit on Era? Hell no.

song style:

Quote:slow emotional piano song where the female singer is crying and very sad

https://app.suno.ai/song/bf6c4ff8-33ff-4c0e-9975-d31fc6c7e01a

https://app.suno.ai/song/9daf4ed5-9507-4cf3-9206-2e1251fc5203

Dead Dead Dead 

song style:

Quote:aggressive death metal

https://app.suno.ai/song/c6447937-56dc-46c5-a034-e693213be1bc

https://app.suno.ai/song/89f74b49-c99b-4fe6-a424-891835de393f

Titus Whoo JWONG STARDUST
They are painting it like CreepingFear intentionally went to KF to get dirt on Nep instead of them searching for Nep and coincidentally stumbling onto KF--and then immediately backing out when they realized where they went. The framing is disingenuous. But that is really the only thing close to "bad" they can nail the PoliERA Discord on, so they are running with it making it grander and more insidious each time.
(03-11-2024, 08:34 PM)Uncle wrote: song style:

Quote:slow emotional piano song where the female singer is crying and very sad
No, change it to a male singer.

And maybe R&B to BLACK IT UP.