Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Why are so many of these their threads hidden now? They must know no one takes them seriously.
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-16-2024, 12:45 AM)Potato wrote:
(03-16-2024, 12:15 AM)Snoopy wrote:
Reminder that Morrigan was penpals with the Norwegian black metal Nazi dude while he was in prison.*

Really? I didn't know that.

Oh yeah. They go way back. It was probably her who encouraged the dumb viking to burn down those churches
(03-16-2024, 09:34 AM)malfoyking wrote: Why are so many of these their threads hidden now? They must know no one takes them seriously.

I think they stopped caring a long time ago. When they first announced Era it was like 'OK' but then they announced their moderator choices and it was a whose who of stunt casting of the worst reprobates from GAF, and it was a case of 'Nope'.  

The fact that they turned it into a Jonestown Hivemind hellbent on purging itself of non-believers and the unpure right from the off is hilarious. Currently, they show as having 60K members or thereabouts. 

[Image: 7eyejhN.png]

Then look at the assigned number of the latest member 165735. 

[Image: rtDZmrE.png]

The thing with Xenforo Forum software is, that banned and deleted members don't disappear from the database, they just no longer show in the member account. 

Also given you can't even register for an account using a free email, and likely have to run the gauntlet of moderation investigation/manual approval the actual number of spam signups they get is likely minimal at best, so for the most part, they've banned/driven off somewhere in the region of 100K users over 6+ Years. 

On top of which given 60K members, they rarely if ever aside from when a big gaming event is happening breach 10% active online (right now there is a whopping 1.2K online or 2%), which suggests that a lot of the members are either intermittent or wholly inactive.

I suspect for the most part that for the dedicated it's a bit of a boiling frog situation in that they're not aware of the steady diminishment of the site, and despite everything and the lunacy, it does a lot of web traffic though I suspect that largely comes down to people like ourselves rubbernecking at the sorry state of things versus going there for news.
You should visit NeoGAF for shits and giggles. The gaming section is pretty good these days. Most posts are actually about something, people have debates, share screenshots, tips etc. . It's not all Yikes, oof and trans lesbians complaining about Asian art.

As much as I love this place, the gaming section is dead Feels bad, man

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cohost-lost-contact-with-their-main-funder-and-may-shut-down-soon.826692/?post=120472689#post-120472689

the albatross wrote:I've lightly followed the drama with this social media site, but it seemed to always be started from this space of petty grievance. "We're a software company that hates the software industry," well, ok. It's hard to build a community solely around grievance and have it be self-sustainable, because eventually the grievance comes for you, and if your business model or anti-business model is built off of donations it's hard to float that for long with that mentality.

Hesright

protome wrote:I wish I'd had a better experience with Cohost but my experience was heavily coloured by joining right before they tried to enshrine protections for certain types of CSAM into the site rules last year (which they thankfully walked back after the userbase went "The fuck are you doing?") and then asking for my account to be deleted which took them several months to do.

What

bulbasort wrote:I really like cohost and it's become my primary social media site. I'm not counting it out quite yet.

Implied Facepalm
(03-16-2024, 07:11 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: [Image: ck8mCiV.png]

[Image: amN2PwB.png]
b dumbs wrote:Given people are using the thread as a way to dodge threadbans, we're locking it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/axios-us-military-to-build-port-in-gaza-for-humanitarian-aid.824865/page-4?post=120529626#post-120529626

Really good community and feature set you’ve got there dumbs lol

Bill is right Trumps
(03-16-2024, 04:41 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-103?post=120522915#post-120522915

Twohearts wrote:Okie I'm gonna make a thread

Closed! 

T002 Tyrant wrote:Also wish the thread wasn't closed because it makes stuff like this harder to ignore.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-103?post=120530472#post-120530472

Bonus: Kyuuji whining about people not trusting her

Kyuuji wrote:I've resigned myself to cis people perpetually assuming they know more about the discourse than we do and that we're always making it out to be worse than it is. They already seem to know better than us about the way we feel, who we are, how our bodies should be and what is and isn't transphobic. May as well toss our history onto the pile too.

avatars new groove wrote:Right there with you. I generally don't trust cis people by default anymore, for anything. They need to prove themselves first.

“Right there with you. I generally don't trust trans people by default anymore, for anything. They need to prove themselves first.”
Avatar's New Groove, post: 120531753, member: 132607 wrote:Right there with you. I generally don't trust cis people by default anymore, for anything. They need to prove themselves first.

Not a cult!
(03-16-2024, 04:07 AM)Averon wrote: ERA cares about the Jews now: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jk-rowling-engages-in-holocaust-denialism.827772/?post=120523092#post-120523092

Poor guy made it in before the lock

Quote:That title seems a bit misleading. She denied that Nazis burned books about trans Healthcare. That's not quite the same as denying the holocaust entirely.

Pray for his mass reported soul
Uh what is going here:

Quote:What a refreshing take instead of the usual "its a cowardly way out". Half the time I feel like I dont want to be here, either, and its really no one else's business. If someone decides that for whatever reason they no longer want to be here, we should be supportive.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/regina-king-speaks-on-her-sons-death-by-suicide-i-respect-his-choice-to-not-be-here-anymore.827163/post-120461580

Also using the passive "died by suicide" remains weird as hell, especially when people now try to argue that it's a valid choice
(03-16-2024, 02:21 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(03-16-2024, 04:07 AM)Averon wrote: ERA cares about the Jews now: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jk-rowling-engages-in-holocaust-denialism.827772/?post=120523092#post-120523092

Quote:That title seems a bit misleading. She denied that Nazis burned books about trans Healthcare. That's not quite the same as denying the holocaust entirely.

They couldn’t let him go

Surakian, post: 120529755, member: 16266 wrote:[USER=92154]Icebergslim[/USER] i wanted to address your comment in the closed thread about JK Rowling being a Nazi.

Current neo-Nazi rhetoric is focused less on Holocaust denial as a whole but focuses on specific aspects of the Holocaust as being wrong or incorrect. Typically it focuses on certain numbers being wrong (i.e. only 300k Jewish people died vs millions), certain groups were not a part of the Holocaust (i.e. trans people were not killed, POC were not included), or that certain things did not occur (i.e. book burning was exaggerated, the camps were not as people claim them to be)

JK Rowling is a Nazi because she is outright claiming medical records and research about gender and sexual diversity was not burned, and that trans people were not a group of people targeted by Nazis when we know for a fact all of this did occur as we have news reports from that time as proof of the fact.

Modern Nazism is denial about any aspect of the Holocaust being wrong. JK Rowling is a Nazi.

Icebergslim, post: 120530895, member: 92154 wrote:Thank you for this lesson. I don't traffic in these circles. I thought it was just blanket denial of the genocide itself.
Thread outright deleted? I think Dubs might have gotten his dick slapped by MOBA over the whole Nep antisemitism scandal.
(03-16-2024, 02:21 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

He got spam tagged in the JK Rowling thread to get lectured on how he’s a dumb idiot, so he prostrated himself before the shenis squad. Probably fine now that he did that
(03-16-2024, 02:04 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
(03-16-2024, 04:41 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-103?post=120522915#post-120522915

Twohearts wrote:Okie I'm gonna make a thread

Closed! 

T002 Tyrant wrote:Also wish the thread wasn't closed because it makes stuff like this harder to ignore.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-103?post=120530472#post-120530472

Bonus: Kyuuji whining about people not trusting her

Kyuuji wrote:I've resigned myself to cis people perpetually assuming they know more about the discourse than we do and that we're always making it out to be worse than it is. They already seem to know better than us about the way we feel, who we are, how our bodies should be and what is and isn't transphobic. May as well toss our history onto the pile too.

avatars new groove wrote:Right there with you. I generally don't trust cis people by default anymore, for anything. They need to prove themselves first.

“Right there with you. I generally don't trust trans people by default anymore, for anything. They need to prove themselves first.”

B-Dumbs closed it
Quote:We're essentially deplatforming her and keeping all news concerning her in this thread
What
(03-16-2024, 01:59 PM)Nintex wrote:

Bill is right Trumps

3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
[Image: dFTdahP.png]
Sickos (furry edition)
I wonder how many who are left/liberal do not feel welcome in the era/twitter/r-gamingcirclejerk "left"/"progressive" circles. We all know when you doubt them or dont blanket agree with them, you are labelled a nazi. So many black/poc nazi's running around.
(03-16-2024, 02:33 PM)railGUN wrote: Thread outright deleted? I think Dubs might have gotten his dick slapped by MOBA over the whole Nep antisemitism scandal.

no it was moved to a sensitive hidden forum, the "not found" message always gives the impression that they might've been deleted when they were really just moved
(03-15-2024, 04:55 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamergate-2-0-chuds-furious-about-a-consulting-company-named-%E2%80%9Csweet-baby-inc%E2%80%9D-which-overviews-scripts-to-make-sure-nothing-offensive-was-written.823731/page-18?post=120495657#post-120495657
Captain from Outer Space wrote:The trash UK media is getting into the Black Panther dev news with all of the nuance of a wrecking ball.

Curious what context would make this:

Quote:'ValiDate has a team of all people of color. We have no white people on our team,' she shared during a talk at the Game Devs of Color Expo.

'I did that because I wanted to create a safe environment, and I know the best way for an environment to be safe is to be around people who are just like me.

She added: 'I’m not saying white people are creating unsafe environments, I’m saying sometimes it’s hard to work with white people because sometimes they think something is okay, but it’s actually a microaggression.

'And no one wants to deal with that while you're trying to make a game that they love.'

Totally okay and not racist?

As a follow up: turns out the devs ended up getting microagressioned anyway by the small number of people who bought the game  lol

(03-16-2024, 11:39 AM)Nintex wrote: You should visit NeoGAF for shits and giggles.

Why prop up a failed state? Two other sites have already come out of GAF post-2021 D-Pad and Icon-Era because of its failed leadership and broken moderation, yet even now GAF is still banning people for BS reasons. Believe Xbox might be an OK System? Get fucked to perm Shill. Not sure about wholeheartedly supporting Ukraine? Get fucked to perm Propagandist. Think Israel might be going a tad too far in Gaza? Get fucked to perm Antisemite.

Doesn't matter who you are, how long you've been on the site, and whatever your contributions are, when it comes to the site, you will get zeroed without a moment hesitation if you say anything that irks The Elf. So why spend your time on a forum treading on eggshells, at the fickle whim of a sociopath?
Would be a big shame if someone linked Joanne to Kyuuji’s 2 minute libel thread
Kyuuji having to publicly apologize on retardEra would be a chefs kiss moment
I wonder what Kyuuji would have done if they hadn’t hit their mid thirties at the exact time that the rest of the forum and twitter decided that auto castration was the pinnacle of cool.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/insider-gaming-ps5-pro-specifications-leaked-33-5-tf-45-faster-rasterization-2-4x-ray-tracing-improvement-playstation-spectral-super-resolution.827676/page-16?post=120533121#post-120533121
Quote:I'll get it purely for the boost it will give PSVR2
Bigshow
would be funny as fuck, might be worth the effort if a bunch of us try get her attention on all the libel of trans era mafia. would be hilarious to see b-dumbs have to remove the content and trans era reeeing about it
(03-16-2024, 04:42 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: I wonder what Kyuuji would have done if they hadn’t hit their mid thirties at the exact time that the rest of the forum and twitter decided that auto castration was the pinnacle of cool.

[Image: RipaoaS.gif]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-ot-moseying-into-the-unknown.822063/page-263?post=120535407#post-120535407

BelievabilitySmasher, post: 120535407, member: 6260 wrote:Alright, folks asked me to do my no-spoilers final impressions post, so here we go.

Absolutely no one has ever asked for your miserable opinion you lying cunt lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-rough-years-that-turned-gen-z-into-america%E2%80%99s-most-disillusioned-voters-wall-street-journal.827841/?post=120535866#post-120535866

charmeleon wrote:Looks at Biden having a victory from Covid speech right before Delta kills a couple hundred thousand people, looks at Biden as the CDC changes the isolation guidelines telling sick people to go back to work early right before Omicron comes through and kills a couple hundred thousand people. Very proactive! Looks at Biden ending pretty much every government program and rule that helped people that was instituted during the pandemic under Trump. Yeah not seeing them do much better.

It was always be funny to me that Operation Warp Speed was by far the most helpful/important thing anyone did for Covid and Trump will never get credit due to the antivax on the right and the left just pretending it doesn't exist.
Nintex alt? hmm