Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
[Image: hs1Z8kq.png][Image: 5rNMfup.png]
3 users liked this post: YuYu, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Left wing resetera: prayer is important actually
https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-xvi-possibly-overheating-ps5-units.735135/page-7#post-108072957
User completely edited this post to this
Quote:It's not a general problem/issue, but as people got offended by a normal comment, I'll just remove the other parts of my posting. As it said previously, sorry for the people who have issues with their system/console, these things can happen with new hardware or hardware that is a couple of years old, my Dreamcast had issues at some point, my PS3 Fat, 360 of course, etc.
From
Quote:How often do we get these doom and gloom threads, if some people have issues? Some hardware issues may happen after some years with any hardware, it just happens (sadly). It's not a general issue anyway. I got a launch PS5 with an internal extra SSD and when I installed that SSD (long time ago) I did a little bit of cleaning of dust. Aside from that the PS5 is not in a perfect spot (sitting on the floor, no other space currently), it gets some dust on it, yeah, it's possibly not looking perfect inside and it still works without any issues at all. I'm around 60% done with FF16 and no issues, also never had any heat issues with the PS5 anyway and that is in a room that sits around 28 degrees during this summer and last summer and that summer before ^^ (and yes my PS5 is always in a vertical position and it did not explode or overheat yet, neither did any other console).

Is it annoying for people that have issues with their console? for sure, but it's not a real issue. Also please don't put your console into very tight spaces without any airflow, seen enough of these videos on Tik Tok over the years and then people wonder why the PS5 overheats or gets damaged over time.
A user gets mad
Quote:Thanks for explaining to me that my PS5 shutting down while playing a game isn't a "real issue".
2 users liked this post: YuYu, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
Known hate site.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-don%E2%80%99t-games-have-cheat-codes-anymore.735012/#post-108013014

Quote: Cop User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory Commentary
IceBear wrote:mods, trainers and journalist mode difficulty kinda negate the need for cheats.

Lol era stay carrying jason scherier's water. 

I'm waiting for some cis nerdette to accuse him of something nefarious like flirting for it to be, "I always knew he was a weirdo."
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jonathan-majors-appears-in-court-for-first-time-in-assault-case-trial-to-begin-in-august.732921/page-3#post-108178254

Yasuke wrote:Why do we have to jump to assuming the guilt of either party? It isn’t our job to defend the accused, but we ain’t got business pretending we know beyond a reasonable doubt the nigga did anything, either.

I think some of us get carried away with doing what makes us feel superior to others while forgetting that shutting the fuck up about things we don’t know about/aren’t involved in remains free as hell.

hmm

Funny how ERA's usual penchant to act reactionary and rush to judgement is so suddenly absent in this case. Half that thread should be banned for "Dismissing concerns about abuse" given ERA's history with those topics.
(06-28-2023, 07:02 PM)Greatness Gone wrote:
(06-28-2023, 06:25 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: 3 Million copies sold, ResetEra trying to boycott your game seems to have a sales boosting effect at this point !
https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-xvi-has-sold-3-million-copies-worldwide.735930/
27 pages of people trying to twist this news into being negative. Gamers are truly mindbroken.
Don't call them that bigoted slur, they aren't gamers let alone capital-G Gamers, no matter how many gaming things they subscribe to and purchase or spend all their time on. ufup
(06-28-2023, 07:51 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-panther-1-is-severely-overrated-in-other-news-wakanda-forever-is-severely-underrated.736056/page-3#post-108160953
skillzilla8 wrote:Threads on a mostly white forum pitting Black art against Black art where mostly white forum posters come in to shit on them feel gross.
Someone should ask him what makes it Black art. The setting? The plot? The actors? The director? The writers? The producers? The corporation behind it? At what level does it cease being Black art? And when it ceases being Black art what does it become?
5 users liked this post: Kadayi, YuYu, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Potato, Taco Bell Tower
Joanne's allies are trying to prevent social media from being a safe space for everyone:

Spoiler:  (click to show)

There's no thread about this on ResetERA.com. The cishets on that forum claim to be allies and yet there's no thread. This is stage ten: denial.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Yep, Ariana Grande's opinion on medical science is what I want to rely on to win my argument about trans health care.

Fucking idiots.
(06-29-2023, 02:28 AM)benji wrote:
(06-28-2023, 07:51 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-panther-1-is-severely-overrated-in-other-news-wakanda-forever-is-severely-underrated.736056/page-3#post-108160953
skillzilla8 wrote:Threads on a mostly white forum pitting Black art against Black art where mostly white forum posters come in to shit on them feel gross.
Someone should ask him what makes it Black art. The setting? The plot? The actors? The director? The writers? The producers? The corporation behind it? At what level does it cease being Black art? And when it ceases being Black art what does it become?

There’s been backlash around that for some time. How it infantilizes art and artist to always qualify them as black. How it reinforces that it’s not the default, thus limiting. Often it’s the Brit actors who’re exposed to the weirdisms of Americans speaking out. The common belief is they’re an actor. Period. Because no sane person is calling Barbie a White Movie and Ryan Gosling a White Actor.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/6-mississippi-pigs-illegally-enter-home-of-2-black-men-detain-waterboard-racially-abuse-sexually-assault-shoot-in-the-mouth-not-charged.736257/#post-108187494

foxuzamaki wrote:Isn't a thing where the cameras still record even when they're turned off, and also they record atleast 2 mins before they are officially turned on

What
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
(06-29-2023, 05:04 AM)Polident wrote:
(06-29-2023, 02:28 AM)benji wrote:
There’s been backlash around that for some time. How it infantilizes art and artist to always qualify them as black. How it reinforces that it’s not the default, thus limiting. Often it’s the Brit actors who’re exposed to the weirdisms of Americans speaking out. The common belief is they’re an actor. Period. Because no sane person is calling Barbie a White Movie and Ryan Gosling a White Actor.

Idris Elba recently speaking out how he hated the discussion about him being James Bond us because he's black must've stung for a lot on ERA. He was directly calling out their shallow thought process and how demeaning it was to him.
(06-29-2023, 05:11 AM)Averon wrote: Idris Elba recently speaking out how he hated the discussion about him being James Bond us because he's black must've stung for a lot on ERA. He was directly calling out their shallow thought process and how demeaning it was to him.
Well, for one thing, Idris isn't Black. (Source: Kotaku)
Race relations in the UK aren’t perfect but it’s a real fact that normal English people never had slaves in their garden and we tend to judge people rather harshly for being beastly in public. If you are an American raised in some nonsense Christian funland being pumped full of drugs you see advertised between televised religious preachings on the news the idea that someone could think of themselves as a person first, a nationality second and a profession third is understandably alien.
(06-29-2023, 06:27 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Race relations in the UK aren’t perfect but it’s a real fact that normal English people never had slaves in their garden
Neither did Americans. 80% of the households in the South never owned a slave, in the North it was obviously nearer to how many people were cis. An average joe couldn't remotely afford a slave.

The "American wealth was built on the back of slaves" meme ignores the actual economic makeup of the country, the South was backwards and poor and couldn't compete, depending entirely on their very few exports to Yurop while developing an unskilled aristocracy that didn't even know how to run their own plantations obsessed with petty politics.
benji dateline='[url=tel:1688020321' wrote: 1688020321[/url]']
Besticus Maximus dateline='[url=tel:1688020020' wrote: 1688020020[/url]']
Race relations in the UK aren’t perfect but it’s a real fact that normal English people never had slaves in their garden
Neither did Americans. 80% of the households in the South never owned a slave, in the North it was obviously nearer to how many people were cis. An average joe couldn't remotely afford a slave.

Tbf 1 in 5 households having actual slaves is still completely mad as fuck

I suppose the Brit equivalent was how many were brothels on the down low
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Boredfrom
It's important to remember that 20% means only about 1 million people. Potentially less as the voter eligibility numbers indicate a smaller population of white cishet males having enough property to be able to vote.
African-Americans like Idris Elba need to sit down and listen to know what's best for them. He's only played a bit part in Marvel cinema after all.
https://www.wizardingworld.com/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-harry-potter-magic-awakened wrote:Today, Warner Bros. Games and NetEase confirmed the worldwide launch of free-to-play collectible card RPG game, Harry Potter: Magic Awakened. Here’s a handy rundown of what you need to know about the latest title  under the Portkey Games label!

Harry Potter: Magic Awakened is the latest Wizarding World mobile offering from Portkey Games
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/warner-bros-netease-launch-harry-potter-magic-awakened-video-game-2023-06-27/ wrote:June 27 (Reuters) - A Warner Bros Discovery Inc (WBD.O) unit and China's NetEase Inc on Tuesday announced the worldwide launch of role-playing video game "Harry Potter: Magic Awakened".

The free-to-play title will let players experience life as a student at Hogwarts, the fictional school of wizardry in the popular "Harry Potter" series of books by J.K.Rowling.

Players can learn magic spells and summon "Harry Potter" characters such as Hermione Granger and Rubeus Hagrid as allies to aid in their battles.

The game can be downloaded for free on iOS and Android platforms from Tuesday, the companies said.
SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS Rage

SOMEBODY PLAY THIS SO I CAN KNOW EVERYTHING BAD ABOUT IT (BUT DON'T BE SINOPHOBIC)

Spoiler:  (click to show)
TERF BITCH
(06-29-2023, 06:27 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Race relations in the UK aren’t perfect but it’s a real fact that normal English people never had slaves in their garden and we tend to judge people rather harshly for being beastly in public. If you are an American raised in some nonsense Christian funland being pumped full of drugs you see advertised between televised religious preachings on the news the idea that someone could think of themselves as a person first, a nationality second and a profession third is understandably alien.
Dude, don't murder the Yanks in public like that. They'll likely shoot the place up.
3 users liked this post: Kadayi, Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
Tbf some of the biggest dickheads on there are brits. But I contend that it’s their aping of American nonsense that is most sickening.

Like yer wan who used to be JK Rowling super fan and is now the Scottish nationalist progressive representative to the galactic senate.
2 users liked this post: Kadayi, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-will-you-and-your-family-friends-decide-who-gets-to-play-as-daisy-in-super-mario-bros-wonder.736104/
Quote:So last week, Nintendo announced a new game starring Daisy. As a bonus, it even includes a new 2D Mario adventure on the side.

There's only one problem: It's not clear whether all four players can play as Daisy at the same time. In fact, it's possible only one person (1) may be able to play as Daisy at a time.

We know four players can all play as Yoshi at the same time. But so far, we haven't seen multiple Daisies -- no alternate colors, or skins like Daisy With A New Hat, Daisy With Sunglasses, etc.

Of course, they could conceivably sell those items as DLC, or as part of a Daisy Expansion Pass, but it seems unethical monetizing essentials like that. What's next, paying for air?

So I was curious how you and your loved ones will handle this, if there can only be one person playing Daisy.
1 user liked this post: YuYu
Columbo is tired of sensitive people

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dealing-with-sensitive-people-is-a-chore.736344/
Here come the most sensitive people on Era to tell him he’s wrong.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium, D3RANG3D
https://www.resetera.com/threads/southern-chicken-chain-raising-cane’s-opens-flagship-restaurant-in-times-square.736359/#post-108198369

Royalard, post: 108198369, member: 41 wrote:Raising Cane’s? Never heard of this. Let me Bing them…

*Bings*

Wait….there’s THREE of these in Philly!? Where!?

1) Temple U’s campus.
2) Drexel/Penn’s campus
3) The Airport

Ahh, I got it. It’s that type of place. I don’t need to bother.

The kind of place that doesn’t serve unwashed hood burgers behind bulletproof glass?
Raising Cane's is massive, you'd have to be truly living under a rock to never hear of them lol

as of 2020:

[Image: Er8MdzR.png]
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, books, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/which-final-fantasy-is-best-xiii-xv-or-xvi.736383/page-3#post-108206982

FakePlasticTree, post: 108206982, member: 46141 wrote:Against my better judgment I’m gonna give it to XIII solely because it has more women and diversity in its cast.

Social Justice Warrior 2
The fuck are they even talking about? I'm slowly making my way through FF16 and I feel like I keep running into female NPCs? Like it's a pretty normal ratio as in most games?