Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(05-02-2024, 05:03 AM)clockwork5 wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/protests-at-columbia-university-continue-as-groups-on-both-sides-of-the-aisle-call-for-action-to-be-taken-university-shifts-to-hybrid-classes.851787/page-19?post=122382186#post-122382186
thoughtloop wrote:I truly hope Biden isn't irrational enough to play chicken with the American people this November. To wager he can support Israel's genocide and still win the election that will likely decide the future of American democracy is insane.
[Image: nF6UeM5.png]
[Image: fWF91JQ.png]
[Image: Y4tGzeP.png]
Voters? Caring about Israel? Next you're going to tell us they care about Ukraine.   Malarkey!
Don't worry those polls were just of the dumb people brainwashed by the algorithms and fash media like the NYT. The TikTok vanguard is totally animated by whatever I'm on about at any moment and is going to not vote just as they aren't expected to.
Quote:The more insecure the dog, the more barking it does.

Spiders

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-opinion-a-huge-gender-gap-is-emerging-among-young-voters.859404/?post=122374575#post-122374575

My new favourite phrase that is, certainly applies to a certain community on Era too
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-386?post=122374584#post-122374584
Princess Bubblegum
Quote:Stellar Blade arrived from Gamefly last night. Will descend into hell later today.
grand
Quote:Why would you do this to yourself? Lol
Totally not a lesbian fetish Princess Bubblegum
Quote:Because I'm probably the only member of staff that will play it any time soon.
Noticed PB is on break, about to be very busy with SB.
A nobody mod shiba5
Quote:/salute
I'm never going near this.one.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-386?post=122375388#post-122375388
Quote:It honestly gets my blood boiling. I'm going to vent. More so because it made me remember of a YouTuber couple that I'm a fan that covered the game recently. They are left leaning, very progressive, and normally jump on topics defending feminist points. That said, they decided to show a Stellar Blade gameplay and started it by saying something like "We are going to ignore the controversy that is running around. We will just focus on the gameplay. It could be the case like Bayonetta were people had issues with it, and now it is a figure of female empowerment.". They them praise the gameplay, and joke on Instagram about the bear outfit making it look like there is no issue. That people are just overblowing it.

It is infuriating. I hate, HATE this "the issue doesn't exist" approach. These people don't get that this isn't about being against sexy or sensual people. It is about people being against being treated and/or displayed as objects, and against ONLY wanting that. And that yes, being against does things actually made things better.

Also, as much as I still have caveats with Bayonetta (because she is character created by a person), she has tons of character and is aware of her sensuality. Y'all have said it many times before with several great examples.

And last but not least, I'm obviously not saying you can't think Stellar Blade gameplay is nice, or that you can't enjoy it. But also saying there is no issue, or just praising while choosing ignoring the issue is too much. Even more when you are an influencer, as you said in your last paragraph.
messy
Quote:Which couple is this? So I know who to avoid.
And to add to my dossier
Quote:Dunno if they are going to be relevant to you since they are Brazilians, but they are Leon and Nilce from "Cade a chave" and "Coisa de Nerd".
messy
Quote:Thanks!
[Image: tenor.gif]
Fake baby thread is a misogyny venn diagram already.

How dare a woman joke about being pregnant, don't they know this is a holy space of internet?
(05-02-2024, 05:22 AM)benji wrote: Don't worry those polls were just of the dumb people brainwashed by the algorithms and fash media like the NYT. The TikTok vanguard is totally animated by whatever I'm on about at any moment and is going to not vote just as they aren't expected to.

Everybody* knows polls are meaningless and can prove whatever, because the most important thing** right now is making sure that you are on the right side of history*** by being an ally****

* who doesnt understand statistical sampling
** to people I follow on social media, and my use of a crowd sourced block list means I never see a challenging opinion more than once
*** because creditable historians create simple causal chain of events attributable entirely to individuals, and do so in 10 minutes while sponsored by Raid: Shadow Legends
**** as much like renaissance aristocratic courtiers, when you live a life of such insanely pampered privilege and are so far removed from the 'common man' or the realities of daily survival, the biggest concerns you have left are those of status and prestige amongst your fellow courtiers
Visawife of course wrote:Haha I had been following her stuff and could not take the first video seriously especially when she says she's so young to have a child. It's definitely edgy but I have to commend her dedication to the bit. Almost Andy Kaufman levels.

Are there any women on YouTube he isn't stalking?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtube-creator-caroline-konstnar-fakes-pregnancy-to-promote-patreon.859662/
They just keep posting these kinds of things…how do they not see it

pluto wrote:Eh, I would obviously not pregnancy prank people I know personally because that's an asshole move but people experiencing infertility and miscarriages cannot be a reason to not make jokes about it in general. The entire point of dark humor is to makes jokes about things are are objectively not funny in the real world, it's okay to not like that kind of humor but then those people should ignore it and don't act like their personal feelings are a measuring stick for what is and isn't okay to joke about.

If they could apply this to the other things on their hit list they might actually be able to find themselves a little happiness
I think it was Burr who said people always claim they like dark humour until it's directed at something that affects them
(05-02-2024, 08:55 AM)Snoopy wrote: I think it was Burr who said people always claim they like dark humour until it's directed at something that affects them

Maybe that’s why (me as white cis guy in his 40s) don’t get offended, I’m so sorry
I came across our old friend / bag'o'dicks hachikoma on x / twitter:

This lady, a detrans activist, announces her pregnancy:

Enormous creep / drug addict hachi likens being a step-parent to being trans:

Still cosplaying as Big-Time Lawmaker:

This is all from Feb, I only came across it because there is a different pregnant activist who is currently being harassed by the professional genocide victims.
(05-02-2024, 10:19 AM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote: I came across our old friend / bag'o'dicks hachikoma on x / twitter:

This lady, a detrans activist, announces her pregnancy:

Enormous creep / drug addict hachi likens being a step-parent to being trans:

Still cosplaying as Big-Time Lawmaker:

This is all from Feb, I only came across it because there is a different pregnant activist who is currently being harassed by the professional genocide victims.

What the actual fuck…that’s completely unhinged
Quote:Faking pregnancies as a joke is harmful to people who have difficulty getting pregnant or have suffered a miscarriage.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtube-creator-caroline-konstnar-fakes-pregnancy-to-promote-patreon.859662/post-122384751

It's not "harmful" you fucking dumbass. This is the exact problem with Resetera. Every fucking thing needs to cause harm, it can't just be insensitive or whatever
https://www.resetera.com/threads/take-two-is-shutting-down-intercept-games-kerbel-space-program-2-roll7-rollerdrome-olliolli-world.859434/page-5?post=122390748#post-122390748

cw_sasuke, post: 122390748, member: 11936 wrote:Dont see myself buying any Take 2 game for the next couple years outside of the big one. They are moving really reckless, shameful.

Now I don’t use the word hero lightly, but… Thank you for your service!
MazeHaze wrote:And there is this disconnect where the powers that be, who I'm sure understand the numbers, can't quite grasp the concept that most of us 35 and under aren't getting our news about these types of situations from them. We are getting our news from watching live streams of these things as they are happening, so any spin is immediately obvious and refutable. We might as well have fucking been there, how tf you gonna lie to us about it?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/protests-at-columbia-university-continue-as-groups-on-both-sides-of-the-aisle-call-for-action-to-be-taken-university-shifts-to-hybrid-classes.851787/page-20?post=122391531#post-122391531

“We are impervious to misinformation because we watch it live!” is an absurd position when we had the Gaza Hospital “bombing” just this year lol
It’s a shame Nep isn’t a full on time served, card carrying member of the KGB/ IDF. Imagine the rage posts.
Nola wrote:and on the left we have 1968 being repeated with Biden doing his best LBJ impression supporting an increasingly unpopular war against minorities on behalf of a deranged client state and destroying all his domestic goodwill by doubling down. And I fully expect Chicago to end up a shitshow just like 1968 given that it seems all indicators are we are going to see Israel begin slaughtering everyone in Rafah soon. With the media covering everything acting cartoonishly complicit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/protests-at-columbia-university-continue-as-groups-on-both-sides-of-the-aisle-call-for-action-to-be-taken-university-shifts-to-hybrid-classes.851787/page-20?post=122394945#post-122394945

These retards really do live in their own Palestinian bubbles. 

Quote:The Harvard CAPS-Harris survey shared with The Hill showed 80 percent of registered voters said they support Israel more in the war, while 20 percent said they support Hamas more. That is about in line with the poll’s findings from last month, when 79 percent indicated they support Israel more.

Support for Israel was the lowest among the youngest age groups. Pollsters found 64 percent of those 25 to 34 and 57 percent of those 18 to 24 said they support Israel more, while the rest of those age groups said they support Hamas more.

So even the lowest supporting group, youths, still have majority support for Israel in this conflict lol 

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4629597-americans-israel-hamas-gaza-student-protests-poll/amp/
(05-02-2024, 11:15 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
Quote:Faking pregnancies as a joke is harmful to people who have difficulty getting pregnant or have suffered a miscarriage.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtube-creator-caroline-konstnar-fakes-pregnancy-to-promote-patreon.859662/post-122384751

It's not "harmful" you fucking dumbass. This is the exact problem with Resetera. Every fucking thing needs to cause harm, it can't just be insensitive or whatever

It's a direct consequence of the claim from the last couple decades that "If it's not causing someone else harm, it's morally acceptable." The rejection of immorality going beyond harming others has caused them to have to reframe everything in terms of harm when they find it morally wrong. That's why "words can be violence" has gained traction; they want to pass the same moral judgments they were trying to dodge from others, but are now pigeonholed into needing to frame it as harmful.
(05-02-2024, 01:38 PM)PogiJones wrote:
(05-02-2024, 11:15 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

It's a direct consequence of the claim from the last couple decades that "If it's not causing someone else harm, it's morally acceptable." The rejection of immorality going beyond harming others has caused them to have to reframe everything in terms of harm when they find it morally wrong. That's why "words can be violence" has gained traction; they want to pass the same moral judgments they were trying to dodge from others, but are now pigeonholed into needing to frame it as harmful.

What degree of harm comes from Tweeting Rumplestiltskin-like claims of ownership over someone's unborn child?
smisk wrote:These kids are really brave. It seems like a long road, I think this kind of activism can really have a long term effect on public perception of this issue and shift the general public's sympathies over time.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/protests-at-columbia-university-continue-as-groups-on-both-sides-of-the-aisle-call-for-action-to-be-taken-university-shifts-to-hybrid-classes.851787/page-20?post=122397009#post-122397009

Yes, being so annoying and violent towards Jewish students that schools have to shut down and be investigated for antisemitism is going to change public perception, just not in the way you think. 

Moments like this also paint these protests pretty clearly. 

Acting like a week victim is the lefts #1 weapon, to the point that they have to pretend to be deathly afraid of opening jars.

My 60 year mother knows how to open a jar without my dad. Use hot water, and a spoon you useless assholes!!!
noodlesoup wrote:We just found evidence showing that our university allowed protestors to set up encampments during the Occupy protests back in 2011. We can definitely leverage the administration's hypocrisy against them now.

Optimism is looking up. We are so back.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/protests-at-columbia-university-continue-as-groups-on-both-sides-of-the-aisle-call-for-action-to-be-taken-university-shifts-to-hybrid-classes.851787/page-20?post=122400099#post-122400099

omfg
That saucy bitch behind her is cracking me up. Jesus...
kaleidoscopium dateline='[url=tel:1714662788' wrote: 1714662788[/url]']
noodlesoup wrote:We just found evidence showing that our university allowed protestors to set up encampments during the Occupy protests back in 2011. We can definitely leverage the administration's hypocrisy against them now.

Optimism is looking up. We are so back.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/protests-at-columbia-university-continue-as-groups-on-both-sides-of-the-aisle-call-for-action-to-be-taken-university-shifts-to-hybrid-classes.851787/page-20?post=122400099#post-122400099

omfg

Notice this is at an Ivy League school. The left isn’t good at hiding that their kind are nothing more than spoiled rich kids pretending to cosplay as the working class.
They’re inflamed by this statement by Joe Biden, 

MazeHaze wrote:Man FUCK this guy

noodlesoup wrote:They're not slick, man. His neutral stance is deliberate in trying to delegitimize the pro-Palestinian movement. This is we have liberals/conservatives on campus accusing us of being antisemitic. Fuck these assholes.

milkyway wrote:lol fuck Joe Biden

capra wrote:Just more of the same anti-protest bullshit we hear from fucking conservatives. "You have a right to protest, but you have to do it in a way that doesn't disrupt anyone." Obligatory calling protesters antisemitic for opposing a fucking genocide.

m shortpants wrote:Empty, meaningless fucking words. Piece of shit.

fused atoms wrote:I can't even finish listening to the fucking disgusting ghoul talk. Fuck Joe Biden

mary celeste wrote:Joe Biden is a monstrous ghoul and his cowardice and evil is going to lead to this country plunging beyond the brink

https://www.resetera.com/threads/protests-at-columbia-university-continue-as-groups-on-both-sides-of-the-aisle-call-for-action-to-be-taken-university-shifts-to-hybrid-classes.851787/page-21?post=122403624#post-122403624

Online radicalization in real time
I like how they substituted “Hitler”, for just “evil”.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/stellar-blade-review-thread.852417/page-21?post=122383530#post-122383530

theyre still having a go at gene park. morricunt enters the fray shortly after but I'm too lazy to copy paste everything
(05-01-2024, 10:06 PM)DocWager wrote: I remember when Jeff, or the other alumni used to site ResetEra as a source for info. But some of his recent side commentaries about fans, and forums makes me think he’s completely turned on that side of fandom, with good reason.

He is right too about Stella Blade prioritizing animation over gameplay. I’m blocking without enemies right now. There is this extra bit of sword flip in here that is completely unneeded. Remove that, and the parry system would work perfectly for a person that wants to master this no problem.

Edit:Actually it’s her elbow too. She does a little chicken wing that adds more to the animation.
I don't think they realise how much a lot of the games media (and devs) hate Era and regularly openly take the piss out of it on Twitter.
Shillmuncher still MIA from the LRG CD thread, half tempted to tag him on twitter with a link to the thread asking why he’s not replied yet for the shits and giggles