Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(05-10-2024, 02:14 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
plagiarize wrote:Like I always say, try as they might, they can't eradicate us, because by and large they're the ones that keep bringing us into the world.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/r-derek-black-child-of-former-kkk-leader-comes-out-as-trans-non-binary-note-yes-theyre-anti-racist-too.867276/?post=122790006#post-122790006
Oh, so it's a trendy way to get back at your parents? But that's none of my business... 

(05-10-2024, 04:58 PM)Nintex wrote: It is a big win because Switch was basically a portable Wii U with some more modern rendering tech and Wii U was a souped up Xbox 360 (yet Wii U was somehow more sluggish because of slow ass RAM and low clock speeds to keep it from overheating).
Wut

No, it wasn't. The Wii U was an upclocked triple cored Wii (that only really used one core) with a Raedon slapped in it. The Tegra isn't remotely similar.
plagiarize wrote:Like I always say, try as they might, they can't eradicate us, because by and large they're the ones that keep bringing us into the world.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/r-derek-black-child-of-former-kkk-leader-comes-out-as-trans-non-binary-note-yes-theyre-anti-racist-too.867276/?post=122790006#post-122790006

Who’s the Us here? You still have Male listed on your resetera profile lol

Who would have thought that the children of mentally ill extremists would end up being mentally ill extremists? 

DSP
(05-10-2024, 04:27 PM)Uncle wrote:
(05-10-2024, 03:29 PM)killamajig wrote: noodlesoup

Quote:The SJP chapter at my university has dismantled the encampment since the semester is coming to a close. Everything that was donated to us has been given to shelters. However, our work isn't done yet. Those who live near cities will continue to participate in pro-Palestinian protests. And we still have plans to pressure the university into disclosing and divesting from companies complicit in genocide next school year.

For my friends and I, we still need to get these trespassing charges dropped, so it's gonna be one hell of a fight against the university administration and the state attorney over the summer.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/protests-at-columbia-university-continue-as-groups-on-both-sides-of-the-aisle-call-for-action-to-be-taken-university-shifts-to-hybrid-classes.851787/post-122793393

Thank you for your service!

Mindblown 

the charges aren't going to get dropped

you literally trespassed

this is part of civil disobedience protesting, you are intentionally breaking laws expecting to be punished for it

accept it with pride, that's the cost and what makes you a martyr for the cause

He sounds like the kind of guy who would set himself on fire and then afterwards try to get the burns dropped.
 RIMSHOT!

Who’s the Us here? You still have Male listed on your resetera profile lol

Very disappointed that Black is just the child's last name and not that a KKK leader has a black non-binary child.
(05-10-2024, 06:43 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-36?post=122344194#post-122344194

Deleted member 168963
aka Knitzeil wrote:
May 1, 2024

Hi Everyone,

I'm K (upper or lowercase, I don't mind) and it's nice to meet y'all.
lol

I assume that all of these "deleted member 691488" instances are just spam bots being deleted by admins, right?
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(05-10-2024, 07:17 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/day-prison-life-danny-masterson-143817134.html

Lol

So he's...in prison? 

I guess not all American prisons are like Oz then. How much more have television shows been lying to us? What's next, are they gonna tell us that cops DON'T shoot someone on a weekly basis?

Titus
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(05-10-2024, 08:07 PM)benji wrote:
Oh, so it's a trendy way to get back at your parents? But that's none of my business... 

(05-10-2024, 04:58 PM)Nintex wrote: It is a big win because Switch was basically a portable Wii U with some more modern rendering tech and Wii U was a souped up Xbox 360 (yet Wii U was somehow more sluggish because of slow ass RAM and low clock speeds to keep it from overheating).
Wut

No, it wasn't. The Wii U was an upclocked triple cored Wii (that only really used one core) with a Raedon slapped in it. The Tegra isn't remotely similar.

Talking about the final result for games.
Wii U was a souped up Xbox 360 in that regard, not in every scenario but a few games like Batman and Mass Effect 3 were slightly ahead of the 360 versions but yes that was mostly because of the better GPU (DX10 features), more RAM(better textures) and not the dogshit CPU that handicapped it out of the gate.

Switch is ahead of that mostly because it has a better CPU, double the RAM and more modern GPU features. 
But the end result is quite similar to Wii U in most cases when it comes to visual fidelity and resolution, especially playing in Handheld mode (mostly dynamic ~560p - 720p depending on the game). 

This seems pretty accurate. Wii U was always strange to me, like something left-over from a mid-gen Wii HD project or what Nintendo released in an alternate Chrono Cross timeline instead of the Wii if they tried to keep up with the competition specs wise.
[Image: uQOnLWe.png]

and a comparison like this for Switch 2 with Steamdeck / Series S / PS5 in 2025 will look much more favorable than how Switch stacked up to the competition.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(05-10-2024, 08:30 PM)Potato wrote:
(05-10-2024, 06:43 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-36?post=122344194#post-122344194

Deleted member 168963
aka Knitzeil wrote:
May 1, 2024

Hi Everyone,

I'm K (upper or lowercase, I don't mind) and it's nice to meet y'all.
lol

I assume that all of these "deleted member 691488" instances are just spam bots being deleted by admins, right?

No, they delete the bot posts completely.
I mean that "PPC" CPU is literally the Wii's upclocked and doesn't even use all the cores. Plus it's 1/3rd the speed of a CPU that has six threads. Calling it a "souped up" 360 really downplays just how shitty it is. That Raedon card they slapped in to replace the 1999 GPU tech without any shaders is probably pulling all the weight.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Nintex
(05-10-2024, 06:27 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
uzzy wrote:Love Lies Bleeding was pretty damn good. Liked it a lot.

And no, not just for the obvious reasons.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-era-ot-trans-rights-are-human-rights-now-sponsored-by-meaco-fans.569071/page-813?post=122803134#post-122803134

What are the obvious reasons Uzzy?

That gaping retard obviously wants to claim it’s a trans film because woman with muscles.
(05-10-2024, 08:45 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
(05-10-2024, 08:30 PM)Potato wrote:

lol

Sabu Gladbron Walugi Triggered

EDIT: Top of page bleeding love
Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: 2062180926]
B-Dumbs, who decries misinformation online and the "social media algorithm" daily, couldn't even read past the headline and gets (sort of) called out:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sen-katie-britt-introduces-bill-to-create-federal-database-of-pregnant-people.867891/
FreddieQuell wrote:You know, when you see a headline that sounds crazy, it's a good practice to do some more reading and see if the headline is true. Don't let yourself get worked up by a headline that's clearly written to make you angry.

Cause this bill is not creating a database of pregnant women, at least not in any kind of way people are thinking. If you think it does, go read the bill and find the language. Because I read the bill and it doesn't do anything like that.
(05-10-2024, 08:48 PM)benji wrote: I mean that "PPC" CPU is literally the Wii's upclocked and doesn't even use all the cores. Plus it's 1/3rd the speed of a CPU that has six threads. Calling it a "souped up" 360 really downplays just how shitty it is. That Raedon card they slapped in to replace the 1999 GPU tech without any shaders is probably pulling all the weight.
I still don't understand how anyone looked at that and said: "Yup, that'll do".

It's like they wanted to save on licensing any new CPU tech or something. 
AMD/IBM didn't even do much/any(?) engineering on it. I think it was NEC / Renesas that put the SOC together with Nintendo's in house engineers.

I still remember the rumor a few months after release that a 'patch' had increased the Wii U CPU and GPU clockspeeds to 3ghz / 800mhz.  lol 

Funny enough Nintendo did do that for the Switch, they added a high performance mode specifcally for loading screens that overclocks the CPU.
The GPU can also be clocked to 991mhz over the max of 768mhz(docked) but they've never made it available for developers to use.

They also did some tinkering with higher clocked DS/3DS CPUs back in the day so it is sort of surprising they didn't increase the clock speeds for the Switch OLED to create some form of 'Switch Pro' that would just give you a bit more FPS here and there.
kind of crazy looking back the wii u had the highest number of launch titles of any system ever at the time, over 30 on day 1, but most of them were "catch up" ports from 360 that no one needed or wanted to buy by then like mass effect 3 (sans 1 and 2 lol)
Those stats are also misleading because IIRC half of that RAM is reserved for the system, it only has double the RAM of the 360, all of which is slower.

(05-10-2024, 09:15 PM)Nintex wrote: I still don't understand how anyone looked at that and said: "Yup, that'll do".

It's like they wanted to save on licensing any new CPU tech or something. 
AMD/IBM didn't even do much/any(?) engineering on it. I think it was NEC / Renesas that put the SOC together with Nintendo's in house engineers.
They cared about backwards compatibility, it's the same as the Wii which downclocks into GameCube mode to run that software. They figured they could jack up the clocks again, throw in a modern GPU and that'd be good enough. They only did the first of those and the Wii was a huge success. Really, throwing in that modern low cost GPU was conceding they had made a mistake with the Wii and that was supposed to be the bone (along with a more normal controller) that would make developers show up. lol

They were ignoring completely that there was going to be an even more massive generational leap because the 360 and PS3 had been around for so much longer than normal.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nvidia-is-having-a-braindrain-problem-senior-engineers-are-retiring-because-their-stock-options-are-worth-10-20-million.867945/

B-Dumb wrote:holy crap, where can I get in on that lol

You don't need that capitalist cash, your job is much more important and valued
you dumb fucking bitch.
(05-10-2024, 09:26 PM)Echelon wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nvidia-is-having-a-braindrain-problem-senior-engineers-are-retiring-because-their-stock-options-are-worth-10-20-million.867945/

B-Dumb wrote:holy crap, where can I get in on that lol
                         Thread by a staff member about a random tweet where another staff member* is in the first two replies?
is this?

*who is constantly bitching about unsourced randoms tweets being used
(05-10-2024, 09:18 PM)Uncle wrote: kind of crazy looking back the wii u had the highest number of launch titles of any system ever at the time, over 30 on day 1, but most of them were "catch up" ports from 360 that no one needed or wanted to buy by then like mass effect 3 (sans 1 and 2 lol)
Some developers went balls deep into the Wii U like Ubisoft, because they had such big success on the Wii. 
Others like EA and Activision didn't want to be left behind again. The NFS Most Wanted and Mass Effect 3 ports are fantastic for that reason. 

The Wii U version of Most Wanted was probably the best version of the game on console at the time and Call of Duty fully supported the Wii Remote control scheme.
And in hindsight all those games were pretty damn good. Mario Bros. U, Zombi U, Ninja Gaiden 3, Mass Effect 3, Rayman Legends, COD.
It's just that Nintendo didn't get their act together after launch that hurt the system the most. It took like 8 months until Pikmin 3 finally released?

Also it was way overhyped. They all speculated that Nintendo had landed GTA but then it turned out to be LEGO City Undercover (another great game just not considered good cause it wasn't GTA on Wii U). And the same was true for Xbox One / PS4. Expectations were that the follow up to the Xbox 360 would blow everything away especially after that Watch Dogs demo at E3 2012 and the early looks at Destiny that followed. By comparison on a YouTube stream Mario U looked just like a Wii game and at E3 Nintendo filmed the games as they played them running on a screen instead of trailers and they never showed the console in any of the ads, just people playing games with various controllers. Quite a few of my friends were surprised to see how crisp and clean Wii U games like NintendoLand actually looked in person and that Most Wanted looked better on Wii U than it did on 360.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sen-katie-britt-introduces-bill-to-create-federal-database-of-pregnant-people.867891/page-2?post=122811522#post-122811522
Astal wrote:
  1. Sees outrageous headline.
  2. Sees an unknown (to me) website.
  3. Does 5 minutes of research.
  4. Sees that this bill does NOT create a federal registry of pregnant people.

Y'all, stay sharp. There are as many people out there trying to mislead the political left as there are trying to mislead the political right.

The article's headline is garbage and whoever wrote it knows it.

Edit: I don't support the bill and think it's a terrible waste of time and taxpayer money, but let's debate legislation on its merits. Not on its clickbait framing.

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-propaganda-war.866685/?post=122756274#post-122756274
B-Dubs wrote:Be careful with what social media users and "news" sites you trust. I'm not going to lie, we've been seeing more stuff from straight up conspiracy theory sites/accounts lately in a lot of places and it's wild how normalized that sort of thinking has become online in the last year or two. Shit is scary as hell.

Dead Spiders

They should have threads about important matters like how the boy scouts are DEAD and extinct.  Stahp
(05-10-2024, 09:39 PM)Nintex wrote: Quite a few of my friends were surprised to see how crisp and clean Wii U games like NintendoLand actually looked in person and that Most Wanted looked better on Wii U than it did on 360.
I think that should have been more obvious. It's got a ~2010 GPU in it and the games are probably actually at 720p versus a ~2004/5 GPU upscaling to 720p with most of those games being way below that. Nintendo's Wii stuff looked fairly crisp and clean at 480p and by then we'd all seen them in Dolphin how good they looked purely rendered at a good resolution. That's more about Nintendo's craft than the tech, third parties were never going to maintain that level once they stopped up-porting to a better GPU.
My favorite Wii/Wii U era stuff from the Nintenyearolds were how there were going to be all these impossible USB dongles. The GPU dongle was a top favorite.

Also that Nintendo had hidden all this secret tech inside that wasn't used for some inexplicable reason until a dongle unlocked it.
(05-10-2024, 09:02 PM)Potato wrote:
(05-10-2024, 08:45 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
(05-10-2024, 08:30 PM)Potato wrote: I assume that all of these "deleted member 691488" instances are just spam bots being deleted by admins, right?

Sabu Gladbron Walugi Triggered

EDIT: Top of page bleeding love
[Image: 2062180926]

Who is this spunk monk?
Whoo
I also liked all the times they discovered some five year old tech was "possible" like BUMP MAPPING or SHADERS and they'd flood everywhere about how THE WII CAN DO IT ignoring what they actually were and how they worked and why the Wii could do them in software along with the fact that the Wii could only do like one or two of whatever instead of hundreds or thousands. Or that sometimes the Wii couldn't even do them as fast as the PS2. lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-has-been-delisted-on-steam-in-countries-where-psn-isnt-available.867702/?post=122801469#post-122801469
Quote:Thanks a lot first world people. You just made it impossible for people in these countries to play this game legally.
Quote:This indeed is shitty. For years I used US acc because PSN wasn't in my country, but now people don't even have the choice to do the same
Quote:This is literally no one's fault but Sony's.
Quote:False. This is both the first world brigade's fault and Sony's.
One side partially doesn't want to make a PSN account so their 'data' is safe and is riding alongside the 'smaller countries can't make PSN accounts without breaking PSN ToS' wave and Sony's, obviously not supporting the many countries.
Damn chuds!
bdumbs having another meltdown, this time because people are mentioning that another forum exists lol

[Image: hw4ntVK.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leak-switch-2-hardware-shipments-show-system-ram-storage-other-console-information.866529/post-122802495

[Image: kQcL96E.png]
Rofl
There is a whole lot of gokiburis sonyponys, celebrating the fact that they are doing this with that game as some kind of own.  lol
[Image: Wh5Q9La.png]
(05-10-2024, 07:27 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/scavengers-reign-canceled-at-max.867807/

The show Khanimus worked on got cancelled, if only he spent more time working instead of shilling for Palestine maybe it would still be on air.

Quote:You all better show up for Netflix this time. I don't want to hear complaints about the cancellation if you didn't show up on Max, and aren't showing up on Netflix.
Oh, now they're encouraging people to use Netflix for a series.  They kept encouraging the forum to cancel their Netflix subscription.
(05-10-2024, 10:15 PM)nachobro wrote: [Image: hw4ntVK.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leak-switch-2-hardware-shipments-show-system-ram-storage-other-console-information.866529/post-122802495
We aren't here for you to make money off of.  You're here for us to make money off of. Money
McNum wrote:Hm, Zelda's side of Tears of the Kingdom is right there and barely explored if they want a quick game before the next system.

omfg 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-papagenos-teases-a-legend-of-zelda-game-starring-zelda-as-the-main-character.867819/page-2