TechnoTalk: Time to Tech
Because ChatGPT told me

Shocked Pikachu
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
2 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, Nintex
https://www.pcmag.com/news/first-human-to-receive-neuralink-implant-says-it-lets-him-play-civilization

Quote:The implant works by reading the brain signals from the user and translating them into Bluetooth-based remote commands to control an electronic device, like a mouse cursor. For Arbaugh, this initially involved trying to move his hands, even though he’s lost the ability to use them.

“From there, it just became intuitive for me to start imagining the cursor moving. Basically, it was like using the Force on a cursor and I could get it to move wherever I wanted,” he explained, referencing Star Wars.

“It’s crazy. It really is. It’s so cool. I’m so freaking lucky to be a part of this,” he added during the nine-minute live stream. “Everyday, it seems like we’re learning new stuff.”

I don't trust something like this for myself, but for someone whose quality of life is severely impacted and they might feel like they have little to lose, it's awesome seeing that it's beneficial to him like this, hopefully no complications develop
3 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, Potato, Nintex
King played video games for 8 hours with his brain after he got this. Rejoice
3 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, Chumbawumbafan69, Potato
Cauli, weirdly delete your posts all you want, but if you delete the OP's of threads I'm going to restore them. lol
2 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, Nintex
(03-28-2024, 03:01 AM)benji wrote: Cauli, weirdly delete your posts all you want, but if you delete the OP's of threads I'm going to restore them. lol

I am, I messaged you.

This one was an accident.
so microsoft forces you to set up a backup email address for your email account with them, and if a bad actor/bot/hacker somehow figures out the email account connected with the microsoft one, they can constantly request single use login codes that get emailed to your other address

they can't get in, but it's still alarming as it's direct evidence of someone metaphorically banging on the door

the internet is full of people asking for ways to get the spam to stop

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-receipt-of-your-single-use-code/970dc4fd-e68d-4f8e-9fc0-00d65702d86b

Quote:I receive a "Your single use code" email very regularly from the Microsoft account team, despite not requesting this myself.

My concern is that, since this is just a 7 digit number, on scale (i.e. after many attempts across many email addresses) someone could obtain unauthorised access to an account by simply requesting a large number of single use codes every day across many accounts.

If nothing else, it is annoying from a customer experience perspective to constantly get irrelevant emails that I can't unsubscribe from.

Any insight from Microsoft into this system and why it is only a 7digit number? Any way to stop getting these emails?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/received-multiple-single-use-code-request-email/fd5d4375-080b-4b5b-bb46-a5d6d6969c8f
Quote:I have been getting dozens of single code requests for the past month. I spoke to a Microsoft advisor through their live chat system. He said I had taken all the right steps (Changed Password and added Two Step Verification on the account AND enabling Microsoft Authenicator on my phone where I have to physically enter details to access my email account before any details are changed)

He said I can safely ignore the emails as they won't get in. Just annoying.
great solution MS
1 user liked this post: Nintex
(04-08-2024, 01:50 AM)Uncle wrote: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-receipt-of-your-single-use-code/970dc4fd-e68d-4f8e-9fc0-00d65702d86b

Quote:My concern is that, since this is just a 7 digit number, on scale (i.e. after many attempts across many email addresses) someone could obtain unauthorised access to an account by simply requesting a large number of single use codes every day across many accounts.
OP wrote:I am aware that the risk to me personally is quite low, however the risk to someone is very high. With a list of just 170,000 emails, an average of one person would be comprised each year with 1 attempt per week. I'm unsure the restrictions of how frequently attempts can be made, but obviously the number comprised would rise dramatically if attempts can be made more frequently or the list is made bigger.

I can only guess that I am on such a list, and presumably the actor is making attempts relatively infrequently to remain under the radar from automatic detection. Essentially the way the system is set up, there is a bypass password that is always just a 7 digit password (an extraordinarily weak password from password standards). This seems like a security hole unless I'm missing something?
This physically hurts. Stahp
It's quite something how shit the internet in general has become, how the 'solutions' of the corporations only progressively made things worse and how governments basically mandate you use those shitty services and solutions because it needs to be 'certified' or some shit.
https://www.9news.com.au/world/saudi-arabia-crown-prince-mohammed-bin-salman-scales-back-the-line-neom-development-plan/05415a08-8ed5-46d3-a02a-39210673a1f9

Turns out it's not feasible to build a mirage city in the desert that's 170km long...
https://chromeenterprise.google/products/chrome-enterprise-premium/

Google now has a Chrome version with a $6 per user monthly subscription cost  lol
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia

I've been thinking about what big tech company has actually gotten 'better' over the past few years and they're literally all worse now than they were a decade ago.

What could possibly go wrong Trumps

Only 10k

https://throwflame.com/products/thermonator-robodog/

Tim Apple fucked up.

Dreamcast Virtual Boy sold more than this.  lol
Gee, imagine this pile of shit product failing spectacularly to attract anyone that's not an apple retard? How could this have happened?
2 users liked this post: Nintex, Uncle
maybe if apple weren't total moneygrubbing cunts to everyone and had made it and all of its features easy to develop for, you'd see grassroots efforts happening to make all kinds of creative programs for it

nope, walled garden, we know best
2 users liked this post: Potato, Nintex

absolute trash  lol

It's literally just a gif of a bouncing rabbit + ChatGPT.
Isn't that just what your phone can do?
Just what we needed. More AI that sounds like an upper middle class white bitch.
um sweaty actually it's alphabet
1 user liked this post: Potato

[Image: GNkISLVacAAol8m?format=jpg]

wat
[Image: 34ude8B.png]
https://www.theverge.com/2024/5/15/24157284/apple-iphone-ios-17-5-update-deleted-photos-voicemails

Quote:Apple appears to have a bug that’s dredging up data that iPhone owners thought was gone. Some iPhone owners are reporting that, after updating their phones to iOS 17.5, their deleted photos — some quite old — are popping up again, according to a Reddit thread that MacRumors spotted. iOS beta testers had the same complaints about the bug last week.

People reporting the apparent bug say that they’re seeing old photos appear in their Recents album after Monday’s update. iOS does give users the option to restore deleted photos, but after 30 days, they’re supposed to be permanently removed.

The person who started the thread claimed that NSFW photos they had deleted “years ago” were back on their phone. Another Reddit user said that they saw photos from 2016 show up as new images but that they didn’t think they’d ever deleted them. And a person claimed in a later post that “around 300” of their old pictures, some of which were “revealing,” appeared on an iPad they’d wiped per Apple’s guidelines and sold to a friend.

cool awesome cool
[Image: LxkD4yB.jpeg]

Anyway I think these 'prediction models' will only get us so far.

They'll be a big help for making our work easier and automating simple things but I don't think this technology will ever pass as AGI.
There are, to be charitable, quirks with the Apple eco system making it precarious for anything valuable. 

For instance, when I got my new phone, it deleted every sent message from the Apple iCloud mail. In my case five years of largely frivolous emails gone.

Or when it recommends a secure password when creating a new account, it doesn’t save that password. So there’s a good chance you’re locked out of that account.

If you look up these issues, they’ve been known for years and Apple doesn’t fix them.
1 user liked this post: benji