Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Xion_Stellar wrote:I'm not too familiar with the subject but wasn't there an actual Black Samurai in history? I don't see the issue here.

[Image: ey8LLSd.png]

cool cool every possible topic from history is equally valid and likely to get a game made about it now, as long as it happened it's just fine and no one can ever complain

era in the future:

"wait what's wrong with a game where you subjugate black people and transport them to America as slaves? didn't that actually happen in history?"

"I don't get the problem making a game where you play as Hitler, wasn't there an actual Hitler in history?"
Devil wrote:
Quote:But it literally happened. This time they can't use their shitty "but muh history" excuse.

They still do by going into the fine details like what is actually historically known about him and what he did and didn't actually do.

But nobody gave a fuck about all the other prominent historical characters constantly doing shit that actually never happened. Like, Leonardo da Vinci was an important NPC in AC2, but his whole character and actions were totally fictional too. Nobody cared. Now they do.

I cared, I thought it was some dumb bullshit
(05-20-2024, 07:22 PM)Uncle wrote:
Devil wrote:
Quote:But it literally happened. This time they can't use their shitty "but muh history" excuse.

They still do by going into the fine details like what is actually historically known about him and what he did and didn't actually do.

But nobody gave a fuck about all the other prominent historical characters constantly doing shit that actually never happened. Like, Leonardo da Vinci was an important NPC in AC2, but his whole character and actions were totally fictional too. Nobody cared. Now they do.

So again, just to be clear. If the game starred some white dude they'd all go "well Assassin's Creed isn't historically accurate"? I call bullshit

The historical accuracy of Assassin's Creed is besides the point anyway. It's not about Yasuke being a Samurai in the game, that's your creative license, it's about all the talk about the real Yasuke who is now claimed to be "the legendary Black Samurai" which seems like a very debatable claim.
Core values blast from the past

Weird how the agency of the two women somehow didn't matter at all
5 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, benji, Nintex, D3RANG3D

Meanwhile...retweeting this:

hmm
uh...

Kobeyuck
https://www.resetera.com/threads/valorant-player%E2%80%99s-rape-comments-go-viral-in-twitch-clip-that-shows-just-how-toxic-voice-chat-can-be.873201/page-5?post=123104298#post-123104298

Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): Downplaying misogyny
zon wrote:
Hrodulf wrote:This "men say the worst things to each other" is some bullshit, anyway. Men threatening to rape another man via voice chat (or any chat) is practically nonexistent in comparison to how often it's done to women.
They're threatening to kill the other guy instead, or telling him to commit suicide. That's worse imo
Bdumbs still trying to engage with the community. 

bdumbs wrote:
Quote:Are you implying that they should not have done this and that it is meaningless and unimportant?

Is there any other way for Palestine to obtain justice, or will we have to give up even more of our dignity in order to get justice?
Talk about reading into my post and putting words in my mouth. Fucking hell dude.

Rofl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-20-2024-wapo-icc-prosecutor-seeks-arrest-warrants-for-israel’s-benjamin-netanyahu-and-hamas’s-yahya-sinwar.875556/page-2?post=123230394#post-123230394
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ign-assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-shadows-inside-ubisoft%E2%80%99s-ambitious-open-world-japan-multiple-playstyles-new-lighting-system-seasons-and-more.871779/page-4?post=123052947#post-123052947

Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Month): Racist Concern Trolling
misho8723 wrote:The only shame is that when we finally we have a AC game set in medieval Japan, we get to play as a black samurai who in actuality never was a samurai to begin with .. why not as a Japanese character? Such a missed opportunity to have more prominent Asian characters in mainstream Western videogames
Otherwise, game looks interesting
Devil wrote:

We are in the minority in that regard, Uncle.

You should google Fate/GO’s Leonardo DaVinci.

And to be clear, it generally annoys me when historical inventors/scientists/philosophers are used in fantasy settings to prompt BS stuff.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
Quote:America is like an oversized toddler that badly needs discipline. Damn shame all its potential rivals atm are sociopath governments themselves with countries like China with Xi and the CCP.

Is it possible to build a superpower that isn't an ethical nightmare?
is this? Sinophobia
(05-20-2024, 06:25 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-329?post=123221913#post-123221913
spineduke
Moderator wrote:
rzks21 wrote:Another hit piece from the nazi German media.
Can we not? You can make your point without going into vitriol that just makes the thread come off unhinged. And trust me, I know how bad German media is on this subject, I just don't need you all to start delving into inflammatory language that serves noone.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-329?post=123218535#post-123218535
rzks21 wrote:Another hit piece from the racist, hypocritical, genocide-laundering, and euro-supremacist German media.
What's the hypocrisy? If they're Nazis then they're in favor of genocides.
(05-20-2024, 08:34 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Devil wrote:They still do by going into the fine details like what is actually historically known about him and what he did and didn't actually do.

And to be clear, it generally annoys me when historical inventors/scientists/philosophers are used in fantasy settings to prompt BS stuff.

for more dumb shit leonardo da vinci, watch this entire movie

4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, benji
Can I also point out that while the Nazis were totally in favor of genocide, there is truth to the claim that they didn't intend the "Final Solution" from the start, they thought they could just expel all the non-Aryans. They obviously didn't care what happened to them but the whole extermination camps thing was like Plan C. The war, especially the part where they started losing, obviously limited their ability to expel people.

btw, this is still genocide despite what Cenk Uygur, Hamas, Hasan Piker or the CCP might say.
(05-20-2024, 08:40 PM)Uncle wrote:
(05-20-2024, 08:34 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(05-20-2024, 07:22 PM)Uncle wrote: I cared, I thought it was some dumb bullshit

for more dumb shit leonardo da vinci, watch this entire movie

I always I enjoy it when a Japanese developers throws in a nonsensical reference to a real life or historical figure.
In Chrono Cross there is a painter named "Van" and his father is called "Gogh".  

There are countless of historical references from wars and revolutions but also books, religions and movies.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
Basically, what I'm saying is be more historically accurate and imaginative with your genocide fantasies than the one time a state did a systemic bureaucratic organized industrial one. There's a far greater chance historically that Joanne deliberately creates a famine to wipe out trans people as puts them in camps for future "clean" extermination.
(05-20-2024, 07:16 PM)Uncle wrote:
Quote:Was arguing with a dude who started saying "it seems they're angry because he wasn't actually a samurai", fuck did that shit make me angry.

"No, they're angry because he's black. They are fucking losers. Racist pieces of shit, Gamer Gaters, the lot of them - So they can go to hell"

The conversation ended there. It's not a conversation I was interested in having.

I don't have an ounce of patience to argue "logically" with this type of bigotry anymore. Call that shit out for what it is.

oh gee golly gosh I thought it was a strawman

I don't

Benji: what do you want me to educate you about first?
(05-20-2024, 08:40 PM)benji wrote: Can I also point out that while the Nazis were totally in favor of genocide, there is truth to the claim that they didn't intend the "Final Solution" from the start, they thought they could just expel all the non-Aryans. They obviously didn't care what happened to them but the whole extermination camps thing was like Plan C. The war, especially the part where they started losing, obviously limited their ability to expel people.

btw, this is still genocide despite what Cenk Uygur, Hamas, Hasan Piker or the CCP might say.
Spartacus Olsson had a recent take on this but did conclude that the war was a war against the jews from start to finish.

2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(05-20-2024, 08:34 PM)Boredfrom wrote: And to be clear, it generally annoys me when historical inventors/scientists/philosophers are used in fantasy settings to prompt BS stuff.

Einstein going back in time to kill Hitler followed by Hell March will always be rad. Bolo

4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, MJBarret, Nintex, Gameboy Nostalgia
(05-20-2024, 08:57 PM)Nintex wrote: Spartacus Olsson had a recent take on this but did conclude that the war was a war against the jews from start to finish.
I don't know who that is but that is not different from what I said because what I said has been the dominant consensus for decades.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Moderation really needs to think about their positions. If you can't openly mock Jews and Germans on Resetera then what's the point.  Princess Peach
Scuffed wrote:The discussion about actioning a warrant is misguided I think. The U.S. thinks they run the planet and so I don't think they worry about any country actually arresting Bibi. Despite this arrogance they still tried to pressure the ICC because they know that pr wise this is terrible for them and Israel. So it's not just theater. It's very public condemnation by an independent international body, that matters and the U.S. knows it.

I also don't think it was obvious to the U.S. that the pressure campaign was going to fail. I think it failed in part because frankly speaking America's soft power in the world has degraded so their "pressure" isn't what it used to be.

"thinks"? We do run the world. BITCH.  American
User banned (permanent): Troll account, racism
raintrija wrote:   Hi everyone, I want to share my opinion on this topic.

First, I want to mention that I'm Asian (Vietnamese). I have been a fan of the Assassins Creed series for almost 14 years, from AC 1 to the latest game. This franchise is very dear to me.

And I also want to say that I have great respect for black and African people. I have read several books by Mr. Obama, the former US President, and books by Mrs. Toni Morrison... I also enjoy watching films featuring Black actors such as Denzel Washington and Don Cheadle.... I have great admiration for actor Morgan Freeman; he is like an uncle to me.

I have said those things because I want you to know that I like Black people just like White people or my Asian people. And I also think that having a black lead character like Yasuke in this game is a positive and interesting choice.

But I also want to say that I like to have a choice play as an Asian or Japanese male lead character in this game, the franchise that I care a lot, especially considering the setting and theme of this game. Many of my friends share this sentiment as well.

I hope you understand this is a valid concern because this is a game that we love, I have waited 14 years and when the mainline Assassin's Creed game has an Asian setting but we are not able to play in gender (race) who represents us is very disappointing.

I want to mention that having Naoe as a female Asian lead in the game is great, but as a male fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise, which features a male main lead representing the native countries of their settings in almost every mainline version, I want to have the option to play as a male Asian character (like a choice to play as ninja/shinobi). It's disappointing that Ubisoft doesn't give us male Asian fans this choice.

As I have said I think Yasuke is an interesting character, and I look forward to playing and know more about him. I respect the game developers' creative intention for their products, It is just that I think Ubisoft should give us Asian people the choice to play as the Asian male lead.

In the end, I hope you respect other people's opinions like us that we want to have a choice to play this game as a Japanese male lead. And do not think we are racist or have bad prejudice against black people, that we are not.

And I also understand that some people are racist and just use discussions like this to spread their hateful views towards Black people while pretending to care about Asian people.I think It's important to call them out for this terrible behavior before it harm other people.

I still like this game and will buy it, I just wish there was a chance for us Asian male fans, sigh.

Thank you everyone for reading my comment    

Don Cheadle lol
When will Asians learn they should keep their head down and shut the FUCK UP in front of their black betters.
New batch of highlighted posts.

Wow, these really show what discussion should look like

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rudy-giuliani-is-reportedly-missing-last-seen-in-palm-beach-county-upd-now-found-and-served.874413/post-123126180

https://www.resetera.com/threads/king-charles-newly-revealed-portrait-by-jonathan-yeo-is-really-off-putting-and-unsettling.870900/post-123005724
(05-20-2024, 09:38 PM)Propagandhim wrote: User banned (permanent): Troll account, racism
raintrija wrote:   Hi everyone, I want to share my opinion on this topic.

First, I want to mention that I'm Asian (Vietnamese). I have been a fan of the Assassins Creed series for almost 14 years, from AC 1 to the latest game. This franchise is very dear to me.

And I also want to say that I have great respect for black and African people. I have read several books by Mr. Obama, the former US President, and books by Mrs. Toni Morrison... I also enjoy watching films featuring Black actors such as Denzel Washington and Don Cheadle.... I have great admiration for actor Morgan Freeman; he is like an uncle to me.

I have said those things because I want you to know that I like Black people just like White people or my Asian people. And I also think that having a black lead character like Yasuke in this game is a positive and interesting choice.

But I also want to say that I like to have a choice play as an Asian or Japanese male lead character in this game, the franchise that I care a lot, especially considering the setting and theme of this game. Many of my friends share this sentiment as well.

I hope you understand this is a valid concern because this is a game that we love, I have waited 14 years and when the mainline Assassin's Creed game has an Asian setting but we are not able to play in gender (race) who represents us is very disappointing.

I want to mention that having Naoe as a female Asian lead in the game is great, but as a male fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise, which features a male main lead representing the native countries of their settings in almost every mainline version, I want to have the option to play as a male Asian character (like a choice to play as ninja/shinobi). It's disappointing that Ubisoft doesn't give us male Asian fans this choice.

As I have said I think Yasuke is an interesting character, and I look forward to playing and know more about him. I respect the game developers' creative intention for their products, It is just that I think Ubisoft should give us Asian people the choice to play as the Asian male lead.

In the end, I hope you respect other people's opinions like us that we want to have a choice to play this game as a Japanese male lead. And do not think we are racist or have bad prejudice against black people, that we are not.

And I also understand that some people are racist and just use discussions like this to spread their hateful views towards Black people while pretending to care about Asian people.I think It's important to call them out for this terrible behavior before it harm other people.

I still like this game and will buy it, I just wish there was a chance for us Asian male fans, sigh.

Thank you everyone for reading my comment    

Don Cheadle lol

This reads a bit like written by someone doing a borat voice but at the same time it seems pretty respectful and maybe someone from Vietnam isn't aware that it sounds pretty weird to list all the black people you like. As always for a forum that's meant to be international isn't very open to different nationalities. (Twohearts talking about their little brain children is totally cool though)
Should have mentioned that one of their headmates is Don Cheadle and the other one is the guy that played Lui Kang in MK2 to get ban immunity.  Intersectionality is a tough cookie to crack.  Amateur move
Joanne's got blood on her hands again:
[Image: GN3BbDpXQAAGa4X?format=png&name=small]

The cruelty is the point.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
TERF BITCH
if adults want to castrate themselves who am I to stop them? So long as they stop trying to indoctrinate children because they can no longer have any. Trumps
Except I do not wish to be forced to contribute to others religious practices.