Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Quote:This is the only place I have seen this story and that is quite depressing, if unsurprising

https://www.resetera.com/threads/robert-bowlings-midnight-society-studio-head-partner-an-ea-employee-had-to-deal-with-some-sick-shit-ea-did-nothing-punitive-in-response.874602/page-3?post=123240039#post-123235557

I really, really, wish you guys could understand why most outlets will not pick this up. Mike 

Spoiler:  (click to show)
There is a huge possibility that the guy got cucked.
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(05-20-2024, 11:27 PM)benji wrote: We won the Cold War when we realized it was a waste of time, the Soviets collapsed within years and China embraced global capitalism. Marxism is wrong, you don't adopt its assumptions thinking that's how you beat it. That's why the Cold War lasted as long as it did, not anything else.

so the international equivalent of

2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(05-21-2024, 12:45 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
"Look at the Bidenflation, a hundred more miles just four years later." Trumps
(05-21-2024, 12:53 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:This is the only place I have seen this story and that is quite depressing, if unsurprising

https://www.resetera.com/threads/robert-bowlings-midnight-society-studio-head-partner-an-ea-employee-had-to-deal-with-some-sick-shit-ea-did-nothing-punitive-in-response.874602/page-3?post=123240039#post-123235557

I really, really, wish you guys could understand why most outlets will not pick this up. Mike 

Spoiler:  (click to show)
There is a huge possibility that the guy got cucked.

Larry

Without fail, these idiots go straight to "accusations are evidence" and forget all the many times these situations have played out much differently to what the initial information implied. 

Quote:Time for someone to just tag all the journalists at resetera in this thread.
Taylor Swift
Quote:I saw this Twitter thread a few days ago and was surprised when I didn't see anything on Era about it, in fact I didn't see any big website covering the case.
Quote:This needs way more attention.
Quote:The games press need to start screaming this from the rooftops. But like most similar incidents we've seen in the past, I suspect many will just ignore it.

Anyway, it goes without saying how absolutely gross this is. I already have Activision and Ubisoft on my shit list to never buy games from again. Might as well add EA.
Quote:Hope they can get some attention to the matter forcing EA's hand.
Quote:good man hope the state can start investigating, these sick fucks don't care if they just get golden parachutes and quietly retire but put some jail time on everyone involved and maybe the next predator will think twice.
Quote:Fuck EA for enabling this shit, they still haven't learned that nothing good comes from protecting abusers.
Quote:These corps always show if they can keep it internal they will just look for the quickest way to dismiss it
Quote:Let's be real, a lot of us assume that the games press doesn't want to cover stories that may make their relationship with developers/publishers sour. How else will they get to do interviews which are basically just free PR or get early access to games to review? It's not just this industry either, I have little to no faith in so-called journalism given what is going on in the world today.
Quote:I hope this gets to court because what ea did deserves punishment. They seem accomplices now.
Quote:
Quote:weird journalists aren't reporting on this
Is it really weird though? Most of us have a fair idea why they aren't or won't.
Quote:this needs all the attention possible.
Quote:Staff should have thread stickied in Gaming Forum's 1st page, till major publications pick up reporting it.
Quote:This is par for the course when it comes to EA. I know of at least two other situations like this - one of which is infamous in my dev circle.
Quote:Burn EA to the ground, jfc!
Quote:Vile behaviour, adding EA to the list of publishers/devs that I'm no longer purchasing from
Happens at every game developer, there's nothing the staff can do.

Quote:Godfuckingdamn my man brought receipts, hot fire.

Much respect
He posted the videos?

Quote: User Banned (2 Weeks): Ableist slur
How fucking retarded of EA. Those incidents would get everyone fired in any other industry. I'm so glad I'm a normal male that doesn't go around making people around me feel like shit because of stupid alpha male tendencies....
Melody Shreds wrote:Maybe edit out the fucking slur in your post?
Like wtf.
Thank you.

Quote:
Quote:"She wanted it"
Some people, really do not deserve to live, and if a family member is directly affected/in threat, sometimes the threat of violence alone can be a deterrent. Not encouraging anyone, but don't engage in reactionary emotions, unless you know what you're doing or have avenues/people who can do for you, leaving no trails behind.

Props to Robert for outing the filth. This case is most probably going legal, and both the trash being out of jobs, if not jail time (depending upon state laws). Hopefully both the vermin stay unemployed till the day they die.
Badass

Quote:What is the country where this is happening? Why is this handled by the company instead of the police system of the country?
Melody Shreds wrote:USA most likely and massive companies hate getting the police involved things like this. They'd rather force "mediation" between the two parties even if the situations are unequal and the clear abuser has the advantage.
What exactly do they think the cops would do here? The company can fire them!
"Why isn't game journalists talking about this"

lol sounds like you're getting little gamergate there, Era. Integrity in gaming journalism? Get out of here.
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
Ree is essentially a slo mo version of twitch chat at this point. Someone posts something "inflammatory." Every else just reacts. The crazier the reaction, the better. At least twitch is just hearts and shit. Here, we have to read their absolute disgust and agree or else you're downplaying. If you have an original thought, that's a monkey wrench if it doesn't go with the original highlighted post.
They really have no idea how the police work do they? They think EA just calls up the cops and they come in and throw these guys under the jail. The guys don't get to challenge their accuser, nope, she doesn't have to be involved at all. Just straight to the beating if they're minorities, given key to the city if they're white.

For what's probably a misdemeanor in the first place.
Oh, it's not even a crime. lol

https://casetext.com/statute/california-codes/california-civil-code/division-3-obligations/part-3-obligations-imposed-by-law/section-170888-unsolicited-images-depicting-obscene-material-damages
"ACAB, but the cops should arrest people and fire them for things without evidence."

"Presumption of innocence? Burden of proof? Due process? What's that? This was a guy on Twitter accusing someone of doing something wrong, why wouldn't I believe him?"
"ACAB, but also the cops should be involved in literally everything."
(05-21-2024, 01:22 AM)benji wrote: They really have no idea how the police work do they? They think EA just calls up the cops and they come in and throw these guys under the jail. The guys don't get to challenge their accuser, nope, she doesn't have to be involved at all. Just straight to the beating if they're minorities, given key to the city if they're white.

For what's probably a misdemeanor in the first place.
Look, I don't work in law enforcement like Plagiarize, nor do I call the cops at the first inkling of trouble like NepNep, but I'm pretty sure capitalism states that (aside from the axiomatic requirement of infinite growth) that the police must protect all corporations at all costs.

Also
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, benji
(05-21-2024, 01:43 AM)benji wrote: "ACAB, but also the cops should be involved in literally everything."
Except TikTok, LGBT Palestinian kids need that! Bolo
[Image: zWStIPd.jpg]

WHAT IS THIS, BENJI AND BORK?! How dare you use an exclusive mod downvote after all that making fun of RE for mod likes!

It's friggin North Korea in here, I don't feel safe. We need a summit.
(05-21-2024, 01:46 AM)PogiJones wrote: [Image: zWStIPd.jpg]

WHAT IS THIS, BENJI AND BORK?! How dare you use an exclusive mod downvote after all that making fun of RE for mod likes!

[Image: lEJC962.png]
Fabricating evidence to put the staff in danger. ufup
[Image: GB5Kq2v.png]

Loud Wrong wrote:Mods ban for much lesser shit than this. This thread should have been nuked from orbit and the OP banned. His account should have been immediately incinerated leaving no trace of either him or this thread.

ResetEra doesn't have a misgender bot yet? Could easily get rid of some of these phonies fast, like in all those Ezra threads.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-were-the-new-york-knicks.870999/page-2?post=123001617#post-123001617

Quote:YO FUCK THAT MANGO SENTINEL AND FUCK YIPES. HOW MANY TIMES HAS YIPES REACHED THE PLAYOFFS? SUCK MY DICK YIPES THAT'S HOW MANY

Wait, never mind. OP has to be some kind of alt with that join date and low post count. How'd they get away with this?
When noodlesoup gets sentenced to 15 years in Florence ADX for challenging cis hegemony do you think they'll highlight one of his posts in honor? Or will Nepenthe continue to ignore someone the police are railroading for opposing capitalism, colonialism and white supremacy?
(05-21-2024, 01:49 AM)benji wrote:
(05-21-2024, 01:46 AM)PogiJones wrote: [Image: zWStIPd.jpg]

[Image: lEJC962.png]
Fabricating evidence to put the staff in danger. ufup

...I don't follow. Yours shows the downvote, too.
Star 
Gloomy Still no highlights on the bire.

literally our 9/11
Tbm24 wrote:
Quote:I truly don't understand Knicks fans. Like, y'all cling to the 90s like Van Gundy clings onto Alonzo.
What's there to understand? I was a wee child when that was happening and I STILL remember that team and my older brother and dad going nuts. It's like asking why Knicks fans are so excited this season(and last really but more this season).
Tbm24 wrote:
Quote:you were never great. it was second round and out except for a couple of times. only teams that win a chip can be called great.
Oh so you're serious in pretending you don't understand why Knicks fans are in-fact fans of their team and its history. Clown shit.

If you ever need a Knicks fan to remind you why they're a Knicks fan I'm a dm away. I promise I'll answer.
Tbm24 wrote:
Quote:your salty response says it all. your franchise is mid. way below mid and the fans got waaaaay ahead of themselves.
It does, it says this is NY. If you have more questions to better understand why we are the way we are, I'm happy to answer. I promise.
Tbm24 wrote:
Quote:I hope you realize how much of a clown you look like right now. you can't even take a little ribbing. relax, the Knicks lost in the second round. you should be used to it by now.
I appreciate your concern but I'm good. I've been a Knicks and Mets fan since childhood, I wear those teams on chest daily.
Girlslaff
(05-21-2024, 01:53 AM)PogiJones wrote: ...I don't follow. Yours shows the downvote, too.
Want me to post the edit history? Society
4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, BIONIC
Now Gameboy gets a mod like. Smh, I thought Benji was a man of principle.

Wait, no, not surprised, I always knew there were bad vibes about him or something
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
Star 
There's actually a star, nobody else use it so I can highlight the good posts.
(05-21-2024, 01:58 AM)benji wrote:
(05-21-2024, 01:53 AM)PogiJones wrote: ...I don't follow. Yours shows the downvote, too.
Want me to post the edit history? Society

I mean, sure, I just edited the post to be more concise. It's still the same joke. BTW, can't help but notice you edited this post I'm quoting. What are you hiding, Stalin? ufup
Star 
Benji, please continue to bully and/or oppress Pogi. TYIA.
(05-21-2024, 01:59 AM)PogiJones wrote: Now Gameboy gets a mod like. Smh, I thought Benji was a man of principle.

Wait, no, not surprised, I always knew there were bad vibes about him or something

This may be the biggest mod scandal since Royalan was caught embezzling era clear money to fund his 12 cheeseburgers a day habit.
Star 
Only BireGold⭐ members can read this post. 
Heart 
Scarlett Johansson is beefing with Open AI and RE doesn't even have a thread about it because every AI topic needs to get vetted by the mods
Thumbs Down 
(05-21-2024, 03:07 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Scarlett Johansson is beefing with Open AI and RE doesn't even have a thread about it because every AI topic needs to get vetted by the mods

For a site that's all about free speech the moderation sure loves to control the narrative. Maybe we need to replace them with DEMOCRATICALLY voted mods.