Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(05-21-2024, 12:44 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: That TikTok is the most actively moderated social media, they have teams dedicated to stopping harassment and conspiracy theories, and that’s why minorities love TikTok because it’s so safe etc etc etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_by_TikTok#LGBTQ+_and_disabled_people

They might be right on the first bit
(05-21-2024, 10:28 AM)Averon wrote:
(05-21-2024, 05:19 AM)Greatness Gone wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jenny-nicholson-the-spectacular-failure-of-the-star-wars-hotel.874986/page-5?post=123175749#post-123175749
PlanetSmasher, post: 123175749, member: 6260 wrote:Exactly. LARPing at that kind of scale is just unfeasible. Speaking as someone who has contributed to the writing and design of one or two immersive theatre experiences, one of the things you have to account for is the "runtime" of the event.
Rofl  Rofl Rofl Rofl

Professional Comedian
Journalist
Actor
[insert any jobs they claim to have done that I missed here]
Now a playwright

What's the next occupation ComedySmasher will claim to have had?

Witness to a dogs suicide.
There we go, jawmuncher still doing his job after all lol 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tomb-raider-1-3-remastered-coming-physically-to-all-major-retailers-ps-xbox-switch-base-deluxe-lrg-exclusive-edition-revealed.877104/?post=123259791#post-123259791
planetsmasher wrote:Jesus, that interior looks EXACTLY like the new Honda we just bought this weekend. I drove it for the first time on Saturday and I was shocked by how much it feels like driving around in a bucket. I don't like the new console very much.

I hope this one is affordable though. I really need a car for myself and it feels absurd buying ANYTHING these days. The last car I owned was an 08 Civic and I still miss how simple and cohesive it was as a car.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2025-honda-civic-revealed-with-new-hybrid-trims.877161/?post=123261051#post-123261051

Who’s the We here?
Why is we buying a car without test driving it to see if we like it
mom and dad bought a car and let lil smasher drive to the store Heart
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-330

SeafoamGaming wrote:Great. Here I am in fucking iowa with no hope at being able to do anything to try and help the situation in gaza (nobody in my state cares lmao, and this state is as red as they come since our 2022 red wave wiped out a lot of dems here) and this genocidal loser refuses to call thousands of deaths the fucking genocide it is even with students all over protesting and gen Z constantly warning him they will not back him if he doesn't use his power to try and do FUCKING ANYTHING about this genocide.

I am not in good faith voting for a man who let tens of thousands of people fucking die and did NOTHING to stop it and seems increasingly desperate to lose the election on purpose.

God I'm so mad. I lurk here often. I barely speak, because I have little to say, I dont think I'm the only one. But this pissed me off enough I can't resist anymore. Really hate having no power to do anything in my state, and i long gave up on donating money once all the aid started getting vandalized/blocked and I felt like the money i did donate near the start of the conflict might as well have been set on fire.

This whole war literally made me lose my ability to pray because prayers do fucking nothing, and each month getting worse and worse. I genuinely don't even feel like going on sometimes because of how depressed I get. I barely escaped dying from an abusive situation in my youth, so hearing so many kids perish just really stings so hard I don't think anyone in this thread would ever be able to fathom just how hard the news like that would hit a near death survivor like me. anytime I hear about something particuarly bad my drive for the entire day just evaporates and now that's almost a daily event. I am sick of fucking everything

I remember in 2021 when the flareup happened that summer, which got me aware of the conflict. I also noticed a bunch of media like some gaming sites and other smaller groups in indie circles were vocal and willing to pledge support and donate to gaza. Kinda pisses me off how now it's worse than ever yet most of those bigger sites that vocally supported the people of gaza back in 2021, are suddenly quiet about the blatant genocide going on now. If action like that could wake me up to the conflict in 2021, there's no excuse for Gamespot and the like to not be rallying together and call attention to this to do something about it on a bigger scale, to let others be aware of the horrors going on. Because quite frankly outside of this thread and reuters I haven't been able to find the best live feeds of this thing...

[Image: ALNavXH.png]

"seafoam gaming" sounds like a channel name, so I google it

guys

you're not gonna believe this

you have to listen to this for a few seconds

Very, VERY classic Chris-chan

Uncanny.
there's something so universal about that thumbnail pose

the "I don't really understand why people gesticulate but I've seen lots of movies and TV where they do it so I'm going to do it too and it should be just as effective, right"
Biden was never going to recognize a genocide even if he hates Netanyahu’s guts. They know that, dunno why they are surprised. The fact that the situation is bad enough to not give Israel a blank check should be something to take to account.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-contrary-to-allegations-against-israel-whats-happening-is-not-genocide.877245/
Sensitive thread
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-contrary-to-allegations-against-israel-whats-happening-is-not-genocide.877245/page-3

User banned (1 month): concern trolling in a serious thread

Duck Sauce, post: 123268596, member: 27979 wrote:Yep voting for Trump now. Can't have Biden in office if he can't call it what it is.

I hate Trump but gotta do what's best for this country.
OFFICIAL TEAM TRUMP SEAL OF QUALITY™
They always look so much worse than I can imagine. Love it lol
He has more YT subs than Jeff Marvel has Twitter followers 

lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-330?post=123247050#post-123247050
Bremsstrahlung wrote:I agree that there's no equivalence between israel and hamas, but probably not in the way he intended
What

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-330?post=123251430#post-123251430
lemonade wrote:Kamala PR tactic:
🥥🌴
What
Yep, lots of hamas sympathizers in that post. This forum should be a case study in how you can turn a bunch of maligned progressives into terrorists via TikTok videos over 6 months.
(05-21-2024, 03:40 PM)Uncle wrote: there's something so universal about that thumbnail pose

the "I don't really understand why people gesticulate but I've seen lots of movies and TV where they do it so I'm going to do it too and it should be just as effective, right"

They all learned it from the master

[Image: Donald-Trumps-cash-deficit.jpg]

The "hold up fellas and let me tell you something" pose
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Quote:I agree that there's no equivalence between israel and hamas, but probably not in the way he intended

That fucker is one of the most borderline cases, and he is too much of a coward to say why he thinks this (not mention that nobody in that thread will ask him).
Save some pussy for the rest of us, seafoam!
(05-21-2024, 12:14 AM)Potato wrote:
(05-20-2024, 08:28 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/valorant-player%E2%80%99s-rape-comments-go-viral-in-twitch-clip-that-shows-just-how-toxic-voice-chat-can-be.873201/page-5?post=123104298#post-123104298

Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): Downplaying misogyny
zon wrote:They're threatening to kill the other guy instead, or telling him to commit suicide. That's worse imo

I often wonder how FtM trans people would deal with actual male "locker room" interactions. Like, do they have any idea how awful we are to each other (well, at least the functional ones who weren't breastfed until the age of 12)?

It goes without saying that the era incels have no fucking clue about the level of toxic shit talking women do in women only spaces
(05-21-2024, 02:50 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Only BireGold⭐ members can read this post. 

BireGold? Is that really what they're calling it? It sounds like an acne medication lol
OnionPowder wrote:It doesn't need to be swallowed, and this is short term thinking that keeps us in this situation for forever. I can already see how liberals are becoming so much more reactionary under this admin. A strong Biden win and support from the left says that this situation in Israel is okay. Genocide is okay.

Trump would likely be about the same with Israel. The idea that he would have been worse is mostly just cope. Biden is about as bad as it could possibly be, so people just tell themselves it could have been worse.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-contrary-to-allegations-against-israel-whats-happening-is-not-genocide.877245/page-5?post=123274512#post-123274512

lmao
(05-21-2024, 05:19 AM)Greatness Gone wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jenny-nicholson-the-spectacular-failure-of-the-star-wars-hotel.874986/page-5?post=123175749#post-123175749
PlanetSmasher, post: 123175749, member: 6260 wrote:Exactly. LARPing at that kind of scale is just unfeasible. Speaking as someone who has contributed to the writing and design of one or two immersive theatre experiences, one of the things you have to account for is the "runtime" of the event.
Rofl  Rofl Rofl Rofl

Is there no start to this mans talents?
(05-21-2024, 12:36 PM)Rendle wrote: What exactly did Fiction/Crossing Eden claim? Searched couldn't find.

TikTok is the only place he can watch video of adolescents in skimpy underwear doing provocative dance routines without going on a list truthful content because it is so well moderated of disinformation and all those other social media sites keep peskily trying to offer alternative takes to his world view
(05-21-2024, 03:41 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Biden was never going to recognize a genocide even if he hates Netanyahu’s guts. They know that, dunno why they are surprised. The fact that the situation is bad enough to not give Israel a blank check should be something to take to account.

also the fact that SOME OF THE STILL HELD HOSTAGES ARE US CITIZENS means he's not gonna be all "awwwww shucks, well, if you say sorry we'll forget all about it then"
ClickyCal’ wrote:If Biden loses....Trump wins. Trump winning will mean an expedited push on Palestinian genocide...as well as Ukrainian genocide, and trans genocide. Biden losing will make things 100% far worsefor 97% people of the world.

All the genocides Rofl 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-contrary-to-allegations-against-israel-whats-happening-is-not-genocide.877245/page-7?post=123279384#post-123279384
Quote:I've loved Luca, Soul, Turning Red, and Elemental of the recent Pixar. Elemental even wound up a success story despite how marketing was handled by Disney.

The concern is now if these layoffs will noticeably affect the creative process at Pixar. It's hard to imagine it won't. And let's face it, if they start having big hits again, they are going to want to add staff to future projects. Just a terrible way to treat people.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/major-pixar-layoffs-long-expected-approximately-14-percent-of-pixars-workforce-or-around-175-employees-now-underway-in-restructuring.877314/?post=123280842#post-123280842

Is it tho?

People overestimate how much that film made.
are people with the elmer fudd speech impediment only noticeable in English?

I think most languages don't do pronounce r's the way americans or british people do, there's usually at least a slight roll to the r

edit

[Image: 1ywpSuB.png]

hmm
A lot of stuff on that forum baffles me honestly, but one thing annoys the absolute fuck out of me for some reason. The wholesale posting of articles and news topics without any additional commentary.

Users like DinkyDev, MDCrabCakeFan86 (aka K Sweeley), ContractHolder and the most annoying one of all, Edmond Dantès.

It's like, aren't there rules put in place for that shit? It's low effort and straight up copying paid articles the majority of the time. B-Dumbs is one of the dumbest fucking administrators for a site I've seen.
(05-21-2024, 07:38 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: A lot of stuff on that forum baffles me honestly, but one thing annoys the absolute fuck out of me for some reason. The wholesale posting of articles and news topics without any additional commentary.

Users like DinkyDev, MDCrabCakeFan86 (aka K Sweeley), ContractHolder and the most annoying one of all, Edmond Dantès.

It's like, aren't there rules put in place for that shit? It's low effort and straight up copying paid articles the majority of the time. B-Dumbs is one of the dumbest fucking administrators for a site I've seen.

people do this while decrying AI training, when posting articles from behind subscriptions and paywalls is often the whole reason that such articles get trained on

maybe AI trainers are like oh we don't want to get in trouble so we won't even crawl the Atlantic's website, even if their stuff is posted publicly and should be fine, we don't want to cause issue

but we WILL train from web forum resetera, that should be safe

and then it's full of entire Atlantic articles