Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Quote:WOW! I am actually completely shocked. Thrilled, of course. But also shocked. I never played this game but I remember hearing talk about how this was something in the Japanese version that was removed for the localization. So if I understand this correctly they not only restored this with the new translation but there's also new lines in both versions to be more direct about it too? That's a huge step for Nintendo. I bought Guilty Gear Strive and all it's DLC to support their trans inclusion. I will buy this too once I have a bit of extra money, even if I never get around to playing it.

If I was the head of Sony/Xbox/Nintendo I'd make all the main characters trans. Think of the money you could farm from these absolute clowns just by slapping a dress and some lipstick on Nathan Drake. They never fucking learn.
(05-22-2024, 11:22 AM)Nintex wrote: The Sarkeesians of this world thought they could just stir up the pot, get some attention, collect the bag and move on. Gamers won't let them.

I mean, obviously she did, and in the short term it led us to the point where stellar blade is completely scandalous in an industry where DOA used to be no big deal
(05-22-2024, 11:22 AM)Nintex wrote:
(05-22-2024, 10:16 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(05-22-2024, 03:50 AM)Uncle wrote: https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/-gamers-don-t-have-to-be-your-audience-gamers-are-over-

[Image: xG8zfp8.png]

oh, who is over?

great piece, "Game Developer," formerly Gamasutra, a name too fun and memorable to possibly exist in this era

"Gamers are over" Smug

*Gamers get mad* Shocked Pikachu

No one could have seen this coming

Challenging gamers was very stupid of the woke crowd. Gamers are the one group that will keep trying to win and won't give up or back down. 

The Sarkeesians of this world thought they could just stir up the pot, get some attention, collect the bag and move on. Gamers won't let them.

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.
I can honestly say that I've been asked a million times why I play games, and I normally just shrug and say it's a hobby, but that's a lie. Because when I'm in-game, I'm at home. From the flames of Cataclysm to the icy mountains of Tamriel, anywhere I venture is the place I love and know. My entire life, people preached that I could be anything that I wanted to be, but when I told them that I wanted to be the captain of a ship, a spaceship, the spaceship that saves humanity, that I wanted to be Commander Shepard, they told me I need to get a grip on reality. And to them, a grip on reality means the American Dream: working 9:00 to 5:00, crammed up in a tiny cubicle, having 2.5 kids, a two-story suburban house, and a white picket fence. I divorced once, and I'd have debt into my early 30s because I took some university degree that's supposed to help me. In the end, this isn't reality; this is just a dull outlook on it. Now, I understand it's human nature to achieve greatness, but I can do this as Commander Shepard. I don't need a degree, and if I want to go on an adventure, I don't ever have to leave the comfort of my own home. Yet people spend an entire salary to travel, and I can't help but laugh. I've single-handedly stopped a reign of ancient wyrms from destroying a nation, but before I could do that, I had to learn their language, become a master in swordsmanship, smithing, archery, defense, magic, speech, hunting, and thieving. Not to mention I had to take down an entire fleet of assassins, along with a brigade of smugglers, before I could even start my lessons in dragon-slaying. I've always enjoyed an adventure, but I hate pawning my limbs to afford an 18-hour car ride. And aside from being told that I can enjoy a white picket fence at the end of my career, all my years as a student were a balance between fractal formulas and believing I'd never be able to love, which is literally insane. I've saved Princess Peach. I wanted to be the guy, and I became the guy. I saved Bandage Girl, and I've been linked for generations just to save Princess Zelda. Yet I'm the eternal virgin. I'm the guy that's never going to love, and sometimes this doesn't make sense to me—why people assume that I need to be out doing something and away from home to have fun. When I have my own reality, grass between my hands, I have my own world at my fingertips. If I screw something up, I can rewind time. I can't do that in real life, but when I'm in-game, I'm free to do what I please when I please. I'm free to enjoy things the way I want to. I can build my own kingdom and lead my people to freedom because I'm the mind behind the game. I'm the one who enjoys these games. I am a gamer, and I always will be.
kain-nosgoth wrote:most european translations, including french and italian back then, they already kept it even though it wasn't great how it was described... it was "he pretends to be a girl, but he's a boy"

i don't remember how it was in dialogues though, that's just the character description in-game and can't find screenshots
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoiler-vivian-confirmed-as-trans-in-paper-mario-ttyd-remake.877926/page-3?post=123305163#post-123305163

Shining example of representation there folks 

Vash wrote:You know what's hilarious, is that some are now trying to do some weird performance art thing, I guess, where they claim that those who want more LGBTQIA+ representation in games, and are happy with this change, are "celebrating transphobia being put back into the game" and man... What a fucking pathetic reach.

This only means we can crush transphobes in the game as Mario, WITH A HAMMER!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoiler-vivian-confirmed-as-trans-in-paper-mario-ttyd-remake.877926/page-3?post=123307698#post-123307698

Revealing his desire to physically assault “transphobes”. Also perhaps beat a game or look up the ending before critiquing others who already have lol
Yes. Yes. Make Mario trans. Put him in a skirt. Change his pronouns to her, there. Change the monsters or whatever his enemies are to chuds, bigots, Taylor Swift fans. Make that money.
[Image: 6lSn0Rnl.jpg]

Ms. Pacman is trans. Deal with it chuds!!!!

Spoiler:  (click to show)
Ms. Pac-man......  It's right in the name, folks.
(05-22-2024, 11:24 AM)Snoopy wrote:
Quote:WOW! I am actually completely shocked. Thrilled, of course. But also shocked. I never played this game but I remember hearing talk about how this was something in the Japanese version that was removed for the localization. So if I understand this correctly they not only restored this with the new translation but there's also new lines in both versions to be more direct about it too? That's a huge step for Nintendo. I bought Guilty Gear Strive and all it's DLC to support their trans inclusion. I will buy this too once I have a bit of extra money, even if I never get around to playing it.

If I was the head of Sony/Xbox/Nintendo I'd make all the main characters trans. Think of the money you could farm from these absolute clowns just by slapping a dress and some lipstick on Nathan Drake. They never fucking learn.

I question how much spending power they can wield. I mean, bathtub HRT doesn’t cost nothing.

Forspoken
Almost as bad and transphobic as when they called the first trans Harry Potter character SIRona RYAN 

Rage
(05-22-2024, 12:48 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote: I question how much spending power they can wield. I mean, bathtub HRT doesn’t cost nothing.

Forspoken

Uncharted 5. The Rise Of Natalie.

gay

Ponys would go fucking mental.

Still blows my mind they took that guilty gear character change as a win when the whole background of the character is that they got forced into being a girl since childhood. These people call Cyberpunk transphobic because one in-game advertisement has a trans woman with a dick bulge but then celebrate child grooming as a trans win

They don't have any money and they never follow through and buy any of this stuff like they claim they will.
(05-22-2024, 12:38 PM)killamajig wrote: [Image: 6lSn0Rnl.jpg]

Ms. Pacman is trans. Deal with it chuds!!!!

Ms. Pac-man......  It's right in the name, folks.

Passes better than Melody Shreds tho...

Elon
(05-22-2024, 01:48 PM)Potato wrote: They don't have any money and they never follow through and buy any of this stuff like they claim they will.

in general activists never buy things enough to justify their demands, but creators are tricked by them being a vocal minority

like "there aren't enough black trans superheroes in comics!!" and the industry bends the knee to include them while dying more and more each year
rashbeep wrote:all I can say is that those people mass reporting to get these threads closed are not allies. and if they are not allies today, why should we be allies for them in the future?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-332?post=123310989#post-123310989
I get that it’s the “when you have a hammer every problem a nail” thing, but it’s so boring how any nuance has been flattened into the binary trans or not. There’s the tired argument around Persona 4’s Naoto story. How all context on the culture and society and family is wiped away to say she wears pants so she’s trans. There’s a tendency for Americans to force their own views on other cultures. The colonizer spirit lives on.

Anyway, anybody else ever watch the documentary Shinjuku Boys? It’s a pretty interesting watch about cross dressing and transgenders in the 90s Tokyo.
(05-22-2024, 01:55 PM)Uncle wrote:
(05-22-2024, 01:48 PM)Potato wrote: They don't have any money and they never follow through and buy any of this stuff like they claim they will.

in general activists never buy things enough to justify their demands, but creators are tricked by them being a vocal minority

like "there aren't enough black trans superheroes in comics!!" and the industry bends the knee to include them while dying more and more each year

I mean, the comic industry was already dying way before that. Yeshrug
(05-22-2024, 02:05 PM)Polident wrote: I get that it’s the “when you have a hammer every problem a nail” thing, but it’s so boring how any nuance has been flattened into the binary trans or not. There’s the tired argument around Persona 4’s Naoto story. How all context on the culture and society and family is wiped away to say she wears pants so she’s trans. There’s a tendency for Americans to force their own views on other cultures. The colonizer spirit lives on.

Which is sad given that Naoto and Kanji arcs are about outdated societal gender roles being imposed to new generations but the U.S. centric fandom is “they are queer and gay” because nuance is now a foreign concept now.

They are not better than techbros trying to impose their version of technological advancement over practicality.
brazil wrote:We're 23 countries away from having more countries that recognize Palestine as a state than countries that recognize Israel as a state!

arilian wrote:I never searched how many countries did recognize Palestine and for everyone who asked themselves the same question, it's pretty much West vs World (map from Wikipedia)

[Image: Palestine_recognition_only_-_updated_22_May_2024.svg]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/norway-ireland-and-spain-say-they-will-recognize-a-palestinian-state-deepening-israel’s-isolation.878235/?post=123314997#post-123314997

Imagine this being the group of countries you want to be associated with…
(05-22-2024, 02:46 AM)books wrote:
(05-22-2024, 02:19 AM)Jonsey wrote: I’m really interested in what they currently look like

Probably looks like a dude with she/her pronouns.

They're definitely not wearing wigs or extensions.
We're back y'all

https://www.resetera.com/threads/elijah-wood-yall.878364/
(05-22-2024, 03:11 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
brazil wrote:We're 23 countries away from having more countries that recognize Palestine as a state than countries that recognize Israel as a state!

arilian wrote:I never searched how many countries did recognize Palestine and for everyone who asked themselves the same question, it's pretty much West vs World (map from Wikipedia)

[Image: Palestine_recognition_only_-_updated_22_May_2024.svg]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/norway-ireland-and-spain-say-they-will-recognize-a-palestinian-state-deepening-israel’s-isolation.878235/?post=123314997#post-123314997

Imagine this being the group of countries you want to be associated with…

Hey!
Quote:Doxxing is when Google Search?????????

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamergate-2-0-chuds-furious-about-a-consulting-company-named-%E2%80%9Csweet-baby-inc%E2%80%9D-which-overviews-scripts-to-make-sure-nothing-offensive-was-written.823731/post-123319266

Yes? Isn't this what they regularly describe as doxxing?
Era Mods: "We can't be bothered doing fuck all about thread derails." lol
I looked up mr. airbagged google doxing guy for no reason

he reposted this tweet

b-but it's...it's literally written on the package  ???

[Image: uhwn8rR.png]

"do you listen to yourself?! reading what's written right on the front of the product?!?!"
https://www.resetera.com/threads/was-the-anime-fairy-tale-just-an-excuse-for-fetishist-gif-heavy-nsfw.878025/

Ugh. Fanservice. Disgusting! Let me post every single disgusting gif I have collected over the years. Yuck, anyone know if I missed anything?
(05-22-2024, 04:50 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/was-the-anime-fairy-tale-just-an-excuse-for-fetishist-gif-heavy-nsfw.878025/

Ugh. Fanservice. Disgusting! Let me post every single disgusting gif I have collected over the years. Yuck, anyone know if I missed anything?

Hey now, the Spank Bank isn't going to fill itself: it's a community effort.
If this were a movie, defending Bounty Paper Towels and the Procter and Gamble corporation is the rock bottom moment the addict realizes he needs help.
(05-22-2024, 04:55 PM)Polident wrote: If this were a movie, defending Bounty Paper Towels and the Procter and Gamble corporation is the rock bottom moment the addict realizes he needs help.

I mean, at the same time… they’re fucking paper towels?! Who gives a shit if they’re being performative inclusive or not? They’re paper towels! If they made the paper towels black instead of white, then I might be having an issue.

NGL, I’d try black paper towels. My wife would HATE them though.
Nintendo can’t get a GameCube game to be 60 fps. Resetera idiots think the dialogue change for a couple lines of text makes up for it. 

Neoxon wrote:
Quote:Worth it for Vivian
This, the restoration of Vivian being trans more than justifies this remake/remaster.

ZeoVGM wrote:
Quote:Easy pass now.
Spoiler? Vivian confirmed as trans in Paper Mario TTYD remake

This more than makes up for the 30fps. Game deserves to be supported despite the disappointing frame rate.

Self parody at this point. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/digital-foundry-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-df-switch-review-brilliant-visuals-at-30fps.878460/page-2?post=123323904#post-123323904