Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(05-24-2024, 08:09 PM)benji wrote:
(05-24-2024, 06:38 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:But I take a small comfort in knowing that the walls are closing in on them. The world can openly discuss how both are in flagrant opposition to international law, and has decided to move forward without them.

The line has been drawn between the rule of law and Western impunity and with all these institutions being threatened, everyone must choose a side. This is especially important for America's allies, who are stuck in a bind due to their staunch support of both Israel and international law, a position that has become untenable.
Hey, remember that time right nearby that the United States ignored the UN and everybody else and went into a sovereign nation, overthrew its government and then occupied it for nearly a decade?

Hey, remember that time Israel ignored a UN resolution about them? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Nations_resolutions_concerning_Israel

It's this complete lack of understanding about anything that's gone before and willful ignorance of the history of the region that shits me no end.

They do it with everything. Whatever is happening now is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT EVER HAPPENED BECAUSE IT'S HAPPENING TO ME!!!

It's egocentrism at it's most extreme.
(05-24-2024, 01:13 PM)Propagandhim wrote: These people really are using "zionist" in place of "jew'.  Neil Druckman is an American who has donated to both Israel and Palestinian emergency relief funds.  He's not vocal about the politics of Israel.  He was simply born there.  There is no reason to bring up zionism in regards to him.

‘South Park’ Vows to Not Make Fun of People’s Weight ‘Ever Again’ in Ozempic Episode
“Rich people get Ozempic, poor people get body positivity,” Cartman says in Paramount+’s latest special

https://www.thewrap.com/south-park-the-end-of-obesity-paramount-plus-ozempic/

spin this one, libs!

Quote:“I was wrong. I used to think that fat people just needed more willpower. But now I’ve seen what it’s like to have willpower not be enough. We’ve got sugar companies, pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies all just trying to figure out how to make money off of our f–king health. How can anybody have willpower when all these forces are manipulating us everyday? It’s impossible,” Kyle says. “And I’ve learned one very important thing. It isn’t fair to put the blame on anyone for their weight.”
(05-24-2024, 08:21 PM)Snoopy wrote: Fucking lol

Quote:Do not attack a poster because of their party affiliation. We are above party partisan politics. Policies should, logically, dictate a poster's party affiliation

I would love to see just one ree go in there and claim they’re voting Tory. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-general-election-2024-ot-gone-on-the-fourth-of-july.881007/

...and what about when they literally banned everybody that said they were Republicans?
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
LGBT children NEED social media at all times, their lives are at stake! Taking away their cell phones for any reason for any length of time is part of the genocide!

Adults cannot be trusted watching GUN VIOLENCE! They will think it means they can murder anyone they want!
(05-24-2024, 08:56 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
ComedySmasher wrote:Honestly, go nuts. CoD games are blatantly targeted at kids who are under the suggested ESRB rating, so fuck 'em.

As long as you're suing the gunmakers themselves too (which these guys are), why NOT go the primary proliferators of gun culture among kids as well - and that would be social media and shooters like CoD?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-24-2024-wapo-uvalde-parents-are-suing-gunmaker-meta-and-‘call-of-duty’-manufacturer-activision.881055/

Why is the rest of the world able to play CoD without turning into school shooters?

hmm
(05-24-2024, 09:32 PM)benji wrote: LGBT children NEED social media at all times, their lives are at stake! Taking away their cell phones is part of the genocide!

Adults cannot be trusted watching GUN VIOLENCE! They will think it means they can murder anyone they want!

The way they obsess over younger people is super creepy. Especially the trans community.

And them calling the Ms. Marvel actor "the child" and how "we must protect the child". She's an adult you fucking weirdos.
(05-24-2024, 09:02 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(05-24-2024, 09:00 PM)benji wrote:
Bengraven wrote:And also sue the GOP who continues to work against gun control laws and offers little solace or responsibility when a shooting happens.

I'd love to see a lawsuit that led to us finding out how much money is lining their pockets from big gun.

Also why just Activision? There are a lot of games that are popular with chuds. PUBG, ArmA, Tarkov, and hell maybe even Fortnite. If this isn't because of this one incident, there's a lot of culprits.
Lawd

Ive seen more of his posts recently. He has chud brainworms or something. He brings them up everywhere

Also if they're already going down this path, a bit weird they're not bringing up hip hop gun culture But that's none of my business...

CoD - Shoot people as part of military operations as a terrorist freedom fighter or counter terrorist operation.

Hip hop - Shoot people over drug territory or beef (not the tasty cow type).

"It's the video games that are to blame!!"

Batmayne
https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-24-2024-wapo-uvalde-parents-are-suing-gunmaker-meta-and-%E2%80%98call-of-duty%E2%80%99-manufacturer-activision.881055/?post=123433521#post-123433521

Joyless Cunt
Quote:I think if there IS going to be a lawsuit against Activision, the focus should be less on "stop making these games" and more on some actual accountability for companies like Activision ensuring that kids don't play their games, especially online. Some kind of age check with associated instant server bans for underage players.

At the end of the day, I did what little I could when I worked at GameStop. I always tried to ensure parents knew what kinds of horrible stuff their brats wanted to get into, and sometimes that got me some really hateful glares from some snot-nosed shits, but some parents just really do not give a damn what their kids do as long as said kids are out of their hair, and as long as those kinds of parents exist (and there are a lot of them), I'm not really sure what can be done short of penalizing companies like Activision, EA and Sony financially for not putting effort into preventing young kids from playing those kinds of games.

But I suppose no matter what happens, shitty parents will always exist and there'll always be that one kid who slips through the cracks. And even if there was some kind of ban system for underage players playing M-rated games, it's probably next to impossible to enforce at scale. It's a really rotten situation.

So now he's worked at Gamestop, add that to the résumé. Also nice job calling the kids brats.

Mature rated games have dick all to do with shootings.

So the solution is a big brother surveillance for people playing any game above an E rated? Fucking hell the brain on this one.
(05-19-2024, 04:29 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
JigglesBunny wrote:I've said it before but I'm at the point where I'm genuinely considering getting a license and purchasing a firearm for self defense purposes.

I'm a (mostly) closeted cisgender pansexual white man who's primarily been in hetero relationships so I'm not exactly walking around all day feeling targeted but I go to pride. I don't hide my queer passions, affiliation with my local queer community or suppress myself so long as I'm not around family. Fuck, it's really not even about me. If I were murdered, fuck it, but I'll be damned if I live the rest of my life fearing for the safety of other queer people.

I don't feel totally comfortable with the idea as someone who's struggled with suicidal ideation since I was young (it's gotten better but it's never truly gone away) and is vehemently anti-gun in just about every conceivable way and circumstance but I just don't see an alternative at this point.

Protecting the people in your community is how queer people survive. To a lesser extent, I should try to protect myself too. If I have to live in fear of some psychopathic bigot with a gun, I should have the ability to try and stop them since there still isn't any effort from governing bodies to protect us in any meaningful way.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-warns-of-possible-pride-month-attacks-worldwide.874992/page-2?post=123167193#post-123167193
(05-24-2024, 05:54 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:We as a society need to do better about beating the shit out of Nazis.
Quote:Quoting it again for the people in the back. And the front. And everywhere else.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rich-nazi-fucks-sing-nazi-song-and-do-hitler-salute-in-germany-film-themselves-and-post-it-online.880596/
(05-24-2024, 09:18 PM)benji wrote:
PlanetSmasher wrote:From my perspective it's less CoD specifically that's the problem and more the culture of "guns = cool" and "this specific gun in particular = MEGA cool, doesn't it make you feel POWERFUL" that's being packaged and sold to kids from an early age, and CoD is a huge contributor to that. It's nowhere close to the only one, obviously, but it is a big one.

When so much pop culture in America is "this tough guy with a gun has to solve a corrupt world's problems...by shooting everybody" or "angry guy is GETTING REVENGE by shooting everybody", it just kind of seeps into the groundwater.
PlanetSmasher wrote:Like I said, it's more a confluence of a whole bunch of sources than one specific thing being the magic button making people want to shoot each other. It's a "boiling frog" situation rather than some kind of single trigger.

In essence, American culture is SHOCKINGLY fixated on guns and the power they give the individual over life and death. This is pounded into people's heads from a very young age thanks to movies, TV shows and video games. And like Mesoian said, guns are literally marketed like toys now, both in video games and in real life. And when kids grow up internalizing that "guns = toys, shooting guns is fun, shooting people is fun" mentality it adds up over time.
But that's none of my business...
(05-24-2024, 09:39 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-24-2024-wapo-uvalde-parents-are-suing-gunmaker-meta-and-%E2%80%98call-of-duty%E2%80%99-manufacturer-activision.881055/?post=123433521#post-123433521
Joyless Cunt
Quote:I think if there IS going to be a lawsuit against Activision, the focus should be less on "stop making these games" and more on some actual accountability for companies like Activision ensuring that kids don't play their games, especially online. Some kind of age check with associated instant server bans for underage players.

At the end of the day, I did what little I could when I worked at GameStop. I always tried to ensure parents knew what kinds of horrible stuff their brats wanted to get into, and sometimes that got me some really hateful glares from some snot-nosed shits, but some parents just really do not give a damn what their kids do as long as said kids are out of their hair, and as long as those kinds of parents exist (and there are a lot of them), I'm not really sure what can be done short of penalizing companies like Activision, EA and Sony financially for not putting effort into preventing young kids from playing those kinds of games.

But I suppose no matter what happens, shitty parents will always exist and there'll always be that one kid who slips through the cracks. And even if there was some kind of ban system for underage players playing M-rated games, it's probably next to impossible to enforce at scale. It's a really rotten situation.
So now he's worked at Gamestop, add that to the résumé. Also nice job calling the kids brats.

Mature rated games have dick all to do with shootings.

So the solution is a big brother surveillance for people playing any game above an E rated? Fucking hell the brain on this one.
They think every problem has the same solution: more cops needed.
Any time anything I don't like happens SOMEONE has to be fault and SOMEONE needs to be punished! The more SOMEONES at fault and being punished the SAFER I feel!
(05-24-2024, 09:12 PM)Uncle wrote: is starsehole some weird aussie meme

I dunno man, how else do you whisper "arsehole" online as you are leaving the room?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-teacher-did-all-he-could-to-keep-kids-off-phones-he%E2%80%99s-quitting-in-frustration.879126/post-123429420

Quote:It's not hard to get what I meant. Things change, and can for the better too, which is why I 'm not convinced kids possessing phones will ruin their education.

User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling across a series of posts

Don't agree with Nepenthe, what do you expect?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/reminder-of-whats-at-stake-in-the-u-s-biden-appoints-200th-judge-to-the-courts-and-could-appoint-1-2-scotus-judges-if-reelected.878934/post-123434439
Quote:We're locking this thread pending the million and a half reports
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-teacher-did-all-he-could-to-keep-kids-off-phones-he%E2%80%99s-quitting-in-frustration.879126/page-9?post=123429420#post-123429420

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling across a series of posts
Virtua King wrote:
Morrigan wrote:No but you are the person who compared banning phones to beating kids
It's not hard to get what I meant. Things change, and can for the better too, which is why I 'm not convinced kids possessing phones will ruin their education.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
Noodlesoup has been the only one of them to risk his future for his beliefs. You might say it was pointless. You might say it was naive, but in the end he went out there and stood up for what he believed in. Compared to the rest of those useless, preening, pontificating cunts he is a giant.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/aftermath-stop-trying-to-defeat-racism-with-logic-theres-a-black-samurai-in-the-new-assassins-creed-game-and-it-has-made-some-people-mad.875046/page-3?post=123178416#post-123178416

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanently): Racist trolling and whataboutism across multiple posts
Kyusha wrote:
skillzilla81 wrote:You just said his only accomplishment is being Black Twice.

That's not what I'm hearing from Japanese historians and content creators pushing back on this particular brand of racism you're supporting.
The fact that a Black man's came to Japan as an enslaved person and rose through the ranks and garnered as much respect and acclaim and historical relevance as he did is EXTREMELY REMARKABLE. That you don't think so says a fucking lot.
Yeah, that wasn't perhaps the best word to use there, I'm not a native speaker.

Still, that's the reason he goes down in history for, being black in a country where they hadn't seen anyone with that type of skin before.

I think its remarkable that he made it at that time and place, hell I think it's remarkable to do it in this time and age in Japan, still, if I wanted to use a "historical character" I would use someone who was important when it comes to that country's history, like Nobunaga himself, for example.
(05-24-2024, 09:47 PM)Potato wrote:
(05-24-2024, 09:12 PM)Uncle wrote: is starsehole some weird aussie meme

I dunno man, how else do you whisper "arsehole" online as you are leaving the room?

[Image: WJRRRyV.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-17-2024-ign-let%E2%80%99s-not-pretend-we%E2%80%99re-mad-the-new-assassins-creed-shadows-samurai-isn%E2%80%99t-asian.875043/page-4?post=123181830#post-123181830

Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Racist trolling
Belker wrote:My first thought was 'Shouldn't this guy be Japanese? This feels like shoehorning in current cultural ideas'.

Then it was 'Oh, it's Yauske? Hmm. Could be interesting. He's clearly a villain, so maybe there's a plotline there about someone (potentially) being powerless, but then working for Nobunaga and killing the poor and weak, thus becoming an oppressor and a target for assassins'.

Then it was 'Wait, he's a good guy?'

Then it was 'Man, he appears to be a tank character, using his size to beat people up, because the Japanese are smaller and weaker than him. that... that feels a bit like a trope in itself. THat doesn't seem cool'.

Then it was 'Why is he winking? Did people wink back then?'

It would have been easier to make both protagonists Japanese and have Yasuke as important supporting character.
It'd be nice if KSweeley had an independent fucking thought in that giant head of his.

Like with the one topic he's like

https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-24-2024-wapo-uvalde-parents-are-suing-gunmaker-meta-and-%E2%80%98call-of-duty%E2%80%99-manufacturer-activision.881055/?post=123433887#post-123433887

Quote:The lawsuits involving Meta and Activision are attempting to connect firearm advertising on social media and in video games to the actions of a mass shooter:

Which is a quote edited from the article. Fuck that annoys me when people have nothing to say about a topic despite making one and not engaging in it

Same with that weirdo Edmond fuck with his Egypt stuff and marking it as "news" as he wholesale rips off paid sites and the like. It'd be nice to see a single brain cell firing off on that forum.
(05-24-2024, 10:05 PM)Snoopy wrote: Noodlesoup has been the only one of them to risk his future for his beliefs. You might say it was pointless. You might say it was naive

I might
Laephis
Quote:Jack Thompson may have been an idiot, but you know what? … Fuck video games that glorify guns and push pro-war propaganda on a completely uncritical audience. The lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere, but I sure don't give a shit if it does.

So what the fuck should happen? No guns in any game ever? What about swords and knives? Those are deadly too.

Might as well not have games at this point for these cretins.
ngl COD getting banned from sale just after Microsoft acquires Activision and closed Tango and Arkane Austin would be the perfect ending of the biggest year of Xbox
  Delicious
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Potato
Quote:Jack Thompson may have been an idiot, but you know what? … Fuck video games that glorify guns and push pro-war propaganda on a completely uncritical audience. The lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere, but I sure don't give a shit if it does.

I give a shit because I love the medium and I’m not a retarded progressive from SoCal.

ProWar Propaganda that’s is incapable to make the army be able to recruit people:

https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2024-04-18/army-soldiers-recruiting-enlistment-senate-wormuth-13590935.html
(05-24-2024, 10:12 PM)Uncle wrote:
(05-24-2024, 10:05 PM)Snoopy wrote: Noodlesoup has been the only one of them to risk his future for his beliefs. You might say it was pointless. You might say it was naive

I might

The futility of it doesn’t matter. What matters is he stood up for his beliefs. The man deserves all respect for being willing to go out there.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-36?post=122953008#post-122953008
Deleted member 16990
aka sounbane wrote:
May 14, 2024

Hi, I'm sounbane and its nice to meet you all.
lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-37?post=123422655#post-123422655
MaNuu wrote:Hello everyone, you can't give likes or thumbs up can you?
Teehee
(05-24-2024, 10:14 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: Laephis
I bet he'll give a shit when all media is halted.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lady-gaga-admits-to-performing-5-shows-with-covid-i-shared-it-with-everyone-on-my-team.881061/page-3?post=123436551#post-123436551

El Bombastico is the guy who threw a shit fit over Avatar right? A movie about fictional aliens. I wonder where all that energy was once the game came out or if he even gave a shit about it by then. He's another one of those joyless assholes.

For some things it's like the flavor of the week to give a shit about, maybe even flavor of the day at times. Unless it has to to with Israel and "Zionists", or their way of saying Jew.

Or JK Rowling. They treat her as she's like the female version of Hitler. Fucking psychos.

TERF BITCH
(05-24-2024, 10:10 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-17-2024-ign-let%E2%80%99s-not-pretend-we%E2%80%99re-mad-the-new-assassins-creed-shadows-samurai-isn%E2%80%99t-asian.875043/page-4?post=123181830#post-123181830

Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Racist trolling
Belker wrote:Then it was 'Why is he winking? Did people wink back then?'

facepalm
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-393?post=123424965#post-123424965

Isilia wrote:I'll never understand how someone can get so riled up about an inch of crotch cloth.

I mean, aside from the clowns exaggerating outrage for views. Congrats, roaches.
Thinking