Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
yall ready for the Xbox Showcase.

Let's see if Kazooie is a trans icon now Mouf
A Dutch guy in Iran would get asked the same question. It’s a normal human interaction.
I would entertain an xbox handheld  Oh hi, Mark
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, killamajig
(06-09-2024, 05:00 PM)Polident wrote: A Dutch guy in Iran would get asked the same question. It’s a normal human interaction.

Nah dude, you don't understand.  When us immigrants are allowed to come to your country, we have to be perceived as both the exact same as you in every conceivable social interaction or else you're racist... but also a special kind of person in the progressive stack, given a different set of standards, spaces, ethnic consciousness, fulfilment of our demand for awareness and representation of our special identity, advocacy groups, and entitlements at the exact same time.

Quote:I am originally from Iran and live in the Netherlands, some of my best friends are dutch and they cant simply understand how i sometimes feel when i am at a party or at an event with them. There have been times ive been afraid as fuck and most of the time we go somehwere together and i am the only one getting the " so where are you from " question. I honestly think people have no idea how damaging their behavior can be.

I still have an accent and people ask where I'm from all the time.  The idea that this is "damaging" to me is so fucking funny I actually laughed out loud reading it.
(06-09-2024, 03:27 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: At least to me it’s not even “politics bad!! No women in our games!!!” It’s how sterilized and dull it’s all gotten, have to have some sort of gay black retard in the game to get so many points, got to have a handicap person for some more points, ok make sure to get a foreign person to get more points. Doesn’t add to the story in anyway it just feels like a grocery shopping list by committee. Just make cool games and most people won’t care if the person is whatever group

and it will never not stick out

"oh ok I guess it's THIS part of the game/movie/TV show"

it's so boringly blatant like you have entered the morality play segment of the story now, Learn Your Lesson
https://www.resetera.com/threads/daily-dose-of-nope-road-is-just-gone-after-mountain-collapses-in-utah.895365/

Slayven apparently thinks Wyoming is part of Utah  lol
Quote:There have been times ive been afraid as fuck and most of the time we go somehwere together and i am the only one getting the " so where are you from " question. I honestly think people have no idea how damaging their behavior can be.

These people even weaponize friendly chit-chat in the name of woeness.
(06-09-2024, 05:43 PM)Garfield wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/daily-dose-of-nope-road-is-just-gone-after-mountain-collapses-in-utah.895365/

He is just straight up retarded.

edit: someone edited his title https://www.resetera.com/threads/daily-dose-of-nope-road-is-just-gone-after-mountain-collapses-in-wyoming.895365/
(06-09-2024, 05:04 PM)Propagandhim wrote: I still have an accent and people ask where I'm from all the time.  The idea that this is "damaging" to me is so fucking funny I actually laughed out loud reading it.

oh that's interesting, what kind of accent
(06-09-2024, 06:11 PM)Uncle wrote:
(06-09-2024, 05:04 PM)Propagandhim wrote: I still have an accent and people ask where I'm from all the time.  The idea that this is "damaging" to me is so fucking funny I actually laughed out loud reading it.

oh that's interesting, what kind of accent

Bro, me nuh hav time to dey explain me  accent to anudda oyinbo mon.
(06-09-2024, 05:43 PM)Garfield wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/daily-dose-of-nope-road-is-just-gone-after-mountain-collapses-in-utah.895365/

lol
Hellwarden wrote:Musk is currently accusing Fauci of genocide on twitter.

Dude's brain is a sponge at this point. You don't come back from that level of weirdness.

Kernel wrote:I can't wait for the day when this guy just disappears into obscurity (and hopefully a jail cell).

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesla-lays-off-almost-all-of-its-supercharger-and-new-vehicle-development-employees-causing-concern-for-other-automakers-bloomberg.858477/page-11?post=124177140#post-124177140

For what? Daring to question Dear Leader Fauci? lol
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
(06-09-2024, 06:26 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:

Dude's brain is a sponge at this point. You don't come back from that level of weirdness.

Kernel wrote:I can't wait for the day when this guy just disappears into obscurity (and hopefully a jail cell).

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesla-lays-off-almost-all-of-its-supercharger-and-new-vehicle-development-employees-causing-concern-for-other-automakers-bloomberg.858477/page-11?post=124177140#post-124177140

For what? Daring to question Dear Leader Fauci ? lol

Doge 

Wha?
(06-09-2024, 01:25 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alyssa-mercante-has-an-important-message-to-the-industry.894765/post-124155519 wrote:Bunch of motherfuckers out there need to do the world a favor and drink some bleach.

cool forum

That dude was on his knees beginning Ree to watch a cartoon or else Max was going to cancel it  lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-going-crazy.894882/
Quote:Since February , I have been having alot of pain in my upper chest, left arm, left leg and on my back. I've been to the ER a lot and to my primary doctor and it always ends the same (they can't find any specifically wrong with me, they just give me a shot and send me on my way). I've requested X-rays, I had an Endoscopy, I've had heart tests done and they cant find anything wrong. I'm just thankful that my ER visits don't cost me anything.

My wife, family and friends were initially supportive of me but lately have been getting annoyed with me and they make think I'm just being an hypochondriac since many they haven't found anything wrong. Maybe I am losing my mind or something but it's hard to explain but I experience really bad pains lately, pains I have never felt before so I do worry. It gives me peace of mind to go to the hospital.

I am paranoid about my health so I always go when I feel something unfamiliar. I'm at the ER now because I feel particularly bad today and I guess I'm just hoping for a concrete answer on what i might have. It's never been confirmed but I may have costochondritis and it might be that but the pain I feel makes me scared it could be something worse.

Forgive my ramblings , but do you peeps think I am being crazy for my thought process on this?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/geoff-keighley-asks-us-for-tips-regarding-summer-games-fest.890532/?post=123956724#post-123956724

Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Month): Homophobic Rhetoric; Account in Junior Phase
limi wrote:Don't suck off Kojima constantly, that's the best tip I have for ya Geoff, not that I'm gonna watch anyway because I can't stand you.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/byron-donalds-expresses-nostalgia-for-the-jim-crow-era-when-%E2%80%98the-black-family-was-together%E2%80%99.890673/page-2?post=124147995#post-124147995

Quote: Cop User banned (permanent): troll account[
Mets 1990 wrote:Donalds is crazy....but he is appealing to young black men who like Trump's hustle......all the white and black rappers are for Trump, and Dems shouldn't have allowed that to happen.
(06-09-2024, 06:30 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(06-09-2024, 06:26 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:

For what? Daring to question Dear Leader Fauci ? lol

Doge 

Wha?

I think they refer to this tweet

i clearly half "something," and in college asking ethnic background was such an easy entryway into to talking with babes who had a clear "other," ancestry.  Or white girls.  

The idea of , "where are you really from?," never sit well with me as some attack on the white-cis of america.  It's a very american thing to want to know that.  So American in fact that they do it in South America when a guy moves from a region or state to another he gets the same questions.
Totally a tweet worth putting someone in jail over wag
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Benji content, no one else is allowed to read

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon-age-community-thread-ot-the-veilguard-is-on-its-way.276515/page-55?post=123680484#post-123680484

Delphine (Administrator), post: 123680484, member: 41553 wrote:[Image: FoH28ucxZFJZu.gif]

I swear to god I had time to get my ass into med school while waiting for DA4 to get released, will I be able to become a psychiatrist in time for me to be able to heal Solas through therapy in DA4? Probably.
(06-09-2024, 07:23 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Totally a tweet worth putting someone in jail over wag

Is less about Musk being a retard and more about “Dear Leader Fauci”. 

I had family dying from Covid.
"Where are you from" is literally the first thing anyone asks in the Netherlands when they meet someone.
It's not at all related to race or ancestry but literally to ask where someone was before they arrived at a new location, so in short they're asking: "How did you get here?"

Hell, we even ask it if we already know where someone lives and then they are expected to explain in detail how they traveled. 
Few people use street names so they usually describe it by 'landmarks' such as restaurants near an intersection or 'that big sign near the overpass just before the bridge but on the other side'. And then everyone nods along and goes like 'oh yeah that sign where the traffic is always stuck right' as if they know the route described by memory. It's really weird.

If you wonder why so many tourists look lost in cities like Amsterdam just ask a Dutch person for directions. You ask where a street is and instead they tell you it's the 'place near the water' followed by: 'you can't miss it' in a city with nothing but canals and sign posts that point in a general direction. 

It must be something that stuck from our seafaring and exploration days or something as it would be helpful to share directions and map out areas. 
The first Atlas was after all created by a Dutchmen and we made most of the sea and land maps in those days.
Macron calls an election.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/france-macron-dissolves-parliament-after-eu-defeat-calls-election.896064/post-124206324 wrote:I'm not as educated as to the way government work there, but that doesn't sound legal or democratic and the French people tend to not tolerate government overreach.

Derp
(06-09-2024, 07:22 PM)ClothedMac wrote:

i clearly half "something," and in college asking ethnic background was such an easy entryway into to talking with babes who had a clear "other," ancestry.  Or white girls.  

The idea of , "where are you really from?," never sit well with me as some attack on the white-cis of america.  It's a very american thing to want to know that.  So American in fact that they do it in South America when a guy moves from a region or state to another he gets the same questions.

Whoever called this "microagression" really fucked up, because A) why am I supposed to take it seriously when you yourself call it micro and B) it's not an aggression, it's people being interested, doing smalltalk etc.
Yes I can understand that something can get grating if you get asked the same thing again and again, like tall people experience the same thing "How tall are you?" "How is the weather up there" etc. It can get annoying but at the same time I don't buy that everyone does this with malicious intent.
(06-09-2024, 07:54 PM)NekoFever wrote: Macron calls an election.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/france-macron-dissolves-parliament-after-eu-defeat-calls-election.896064/post-124206324 wrote:I'm not as educated as to the way government work there, but that doesn't sound legal or democratic and the French people tend to not tolerate government overreach.

Derp

They are so afraid of the far right but they don’t bother to look why people are not electing their leftist of choice. It sucks that they need to elect Le Pen to realize this.
I would posit that this dude has terrible social skills (since Ree member) and the Dutch friends just want to make him feel welcome by asking him questions but dude isnt playing along. 

After all, the world over loves standoffish Iranian folks that is paranoid that people are out to get him.
[Image: Screenshot-20240609-152835-Brave.jpg]

"The population voting for the government they want in free, open elections is fascism.  My version of government being the only choice forced upon the population in restricted elections is not fascism."

"It may seem contrary..." Because it is, retard.
(06-09-2024, 06:05 AM)benji wrote:
(06-09-2024, 03:48 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/alyssa-mercante-has-an-important-message-to-the-industry.894765/page-2?post=124150344#post-124150344
Quote:"You know what I want? I want people in the industry to be a little bit louder about people being mean to other people. And maybe say it's not a good thing. Maybe say we don't want you around if you're gonna be a c*nt. And hateful. And that, the game's industry is diverse naturally, not because anyone's making them be diverse. Because the world is diverse. You stupid motherfucker. And if you have a problem with that, come fight me, physically. Bitch."

"Did anyone taken you up on that yet?"

"No, cause they're all pussies."
Quote:Beautifully put. Most specifically, Steam needs to do something
Quote:It's amazing how Steam has done such good for gaming as a unified store front. But then allowed hate groups to grow. At this point the only 2 options are that Valve leadership and Gabe are either alright with the hate, or agree with it.
Quote:Gabe is a known libertarian so I'm sure they're ok with it because "everyone's opinion is valid" or some stupid shit
Quote:And the chuds will complain how she's advocating for violence and she's the problem. Damn babies.
Quote:Not just in gaming, but all fandoms. I'm fucking over these charlatan cultists that have invaded the spaces! They're not real fans of anything, only cosplaying to spread their garbage rhetoric!
Quote:Exactly.

"I can't believe women and gays are into my precious D&D and Warhammer! It's been ours forever, it belongs to us!" says white man who has been watching Japanese animation for 20 years and listening to rap music since he was born.
Quote:Fuck yeah. Bigots don't deserve to have a safe space where their disgusting views are tolerated.
Quote:Fuck bigots. Their viewpoints are entirely misaligned with reality and their outrage and discomfort with reality is entirely their own moronic undoing. They are forcing themselves to be unhappy by being intentionally cowardly and stupid, and nobody has time to suffer that bullshit.
Quote:Deplatforming hateful people makes the places that do the deplatforming better. Alyssa is right, and the game-industry focal point of the current GamerGate 2.0 bullshit that has led to her harassment and the harassment of countless others has been Valve and Steam, where bigots are allowed to run free on both the store and the "Community" features.

Gabe & Valve are the same as Zuckerberg & Facebook, Elon Musk & Twitter, and also Jack Dorsey & Twitter before that.
Quote:Also, amazing point about diversity. Diversity isn't being forced on you, bitches, people who aren't white, straight, protestant men have always existed, and it's just that your smooth brains can't even handle a peek of someone slightly different from yourselves.
Quote:
Quote:Honestly, I think it's more likely they just don't want to be stuck having to do a ton of extra moderation work.
Then they should delete the Steam Forums from the whole platform and rethink their whole slate of "Community" features.

Occam's Razor: Valve lets racist games like Tyrone Vs. Cops and Alex Jones' videogame onto their platform. They let racists run rampant on the store and the forums and on the reviews and on the Curator system. This has been going on for years. They are a multibillion dollar corporation with resources to do more than the nothing that's happening right now. Ergo, Valve and Gabe are explicitly okay with the racist shitshow that is Steam.
Quote:Yes. The disingenuous fragile whiny pathetic bigoted censorious anti-games harassing pissbaby moron fucks and grifters need to constantly be made to feel like they're not welcome and no one wants them around, because they aren't and we don't. Everyone's sick of their obnoxious toxic bullshit and wants them to shut the fuck up and go away. It's way past time that everyone got loud about it.
Messofanego wrote:What a badass! Most people in the industry need to kick these losers to the curb.
Quote:Fuck yeah! Always nice to see someone lay the smackdown.

Reminds of the speech that Frosk gave on G4. I'm still so heartbroken that she was chased out of the industry and ultimately the entire internet over it.
skillzilla81 wrote:Talking about oppression is never out of nowhere if you're living with it every second of every day. Literally every facet of your life relates to it. That you think it's out of nowhere speaks to a certain way you might be rolling through your own life.
Wut

What... what are these people even talking about?

"Nothing's being forced" they say as they scream that people need to be pushed out of the industry, that "censorious" "babies" need to shut up, as the original rant is complete gibberish and ends with a demand that critics come to fight her in person, as everyone talks about how all gaming spaces need to become inhospitable to anyone not in the ingroup, as they seem to suggest there should be some kind of effort to attack Steam and other platforms, etc.

"Nobody's coming for you snowflakes, and when they do that will be a good thing. Get over it."

And what "oppression" is she or any of these people facing?

So, since she put out the invitation, if a guy offered to fight her and knocked her the fuck out, nobody would have a problem with it, right?
"Yes. The disingenuous fragile whiny pathetic bigoted censorious anti-games harassing pissbaby moron fucks and grifters need to constantly be made to feel like they're not welcome and no one wants them around, because they aren't and we don't. Everyone's sick of their obnoxious toxic bullshit and wants them to shut the fuck up and go away. It's way past time that everyone got loud about it."

I like that some of these are vague enough that they could be talking about either side.
(06-09-2024, 08:54 PM)HardcoreRetro wrote: "Yes. The disingenuous fragile whiny pathetic bigoted censorious anti-games harassing pissbaby moron fucks and grifters need to constantly be made to feel like they're not welcome and no one wants them around, because they aren't and we don't. Everyone's sick of their obnoxious toxic bullshit and wants them to shut the fuck up and go away. It's way past time that everyone got loud about it."

I like that some of these are vague enough that they could be talking about either side.

I just saw that terrible Dragon Age Veilguard trailer and I wanted to see if it was hated because the shitty Marvel tone. And they were, thank God,  but some people were complaining about DEI and I was like WTF? 

Just like Capitalism seems to be a shorthand term for leftist about things they hate, DEI sound like one for CHUDS.

Fucking perpetual culture war’s Brainroot.