Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-game-leaker-midori-admits-to-being-a-fake-persona-of-mysticdistance-will-stop-leaking-this-time-frfr.899991/page-8

Khanimus, post: 124402203, member: 4154 wrote:...this is profoundly stupid

Head on the Block, post: 124402587, member: 148968 wrote:User banned (1 month): attacking other users across a series of posts

Agreed, this thread should be closed.

Especially because the “journalists”, I mean PR machines are being hypocrites and covering their asses in here

Society
(06-13-2024, 02:17 AM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-game-leaker-midori-admits-to-being-a-fake-persona-of-mysticdistance-will-stop-leaking-this-time-frfr.899991/page-8

Khanimus, post: 124402203, member: 4154 wrote:...this is profoundly stupid

Head on the Block, post: 124402587, member: 148968 wrote:User banned (1 month): attacking other users across a series of posts

Agreed, this thread should be closed.

Especially because the “journalists”, I mean PR machines are being hypocrites and covering their asses in here

Society

Shocking Alberto and Nich: Six
https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-game-leaker-midori-admits-to-being-a-fake-persona-of-mysticdistance-will-stop-leaking-this-time-frfr.899991/page-9?post=124403169#post-124403169

PlanetSmasher, post: 124399446, member: 6260 wrote:Nobody is better at manipulating gamers into believing rumors than failed games journalists.

entut1, post: 124402992, member: 133892 wrote:Why does it feel like you're speaking from experience?

PlanetSmasher, post: 124403169, member: 6260 wrote:Speaking bluntly: because I know a lot of games journos because I used to be one myself. I actually did leak something pretty substantial that was real back in my day, and all it got me was massive side-eye from a major first party that followed me for the rest of my time in the industry.

All the experience taught me is that leaking shit doesn't actually benefit anyone. Doing it for the sake of dopamine hits and attention is just pathetic.

Games as a Service Egomaniac Piss2
(06-13-2024, 02:16 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Imran wrote:? Go hang out in an Osaka bar for a week and someone will happily tell you they are working on Devil May King of Bayonetta 4.
Wow, I'm supposed to emotionally labor in a misogynist culture in the middle of a genocide in the middle of a pandemic despite social anxiety and not enough donations to my Ko-fi to get to Osaka. Social Justice Warrior 2
Quote:This is the most terminally online drama ever

Is fucking beautiful. Isn’t it?
4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Potato, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
(06-13-2024, 02:22 AM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-game-leaker-midori-admits-to-being-a-fake-persona-of-mysticdistance-will-stop-leaking-this-time-frfr.899991/page-9?post=124403169#post-124403169
PlanetSmasher, post: 124403169, member: 6260 wrote:I actually did leak something pretty substantial that was real back in my day, and all it got me was massive side-eye from a major first party that followed me for the rest of my time in the industry.
Who would be the "minor" first parties in the gaming industry?
(06-13-2024, 02:22 AM)benji wrote:
Imran wrote:? Go hang out in an Osaka bar for a week and someone will happily tell you they are working on Devil May King of Bayonetta 4.
Wow, I'm supposed to emotionally labor in a misogynist culture in the middle of a genocide in the middle of a pandemic despite social anxiety and not enough donations to my Ko-fi to get to Osaka. Social Justice Warrior 2

Vtubers:  Success
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
The true reason they hate Civil War is because it isn't an endorsement.
5 users liked this post: Averon, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, benji, Boredfrom
benji dateline='[url=tel:1718245419' wrote: 1718245419[/url]']
BIONIC dateline='[url=tel:1718245337' wrote: 1718245337[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-game-leaker-midori-admits-to-being-a-fake-persona-of-mysticdistance-will-stop-leaking-this-time-frfr.899991/page-9?post=124403169#post-124403169
PlanetSmasher, post: 124403169, member: 6260 wrote:I actually did leak something pretty substantial that was real back in my day, and all it got me was massive side-eye from a major first party that followed me for the rest of my time in the industry.
Who would be the "minor" first parties in the gaming industry?

Ouya?
BDumbs wrote:Like he said, this stuff really needs to be treated like movies. I've said that in a few different threads myself, so it'd be weird if I didn't agree. Especially since development times have gotten so long, it's at the point where we can go a whole generation without seeing anything new from a studio if a project gets cancelled at the wrong time. The lack of information empowers these guys and makes the rest of us thirst for any tidbits that happen to get out.

You guys act like every single film leak is sanctioned and brushed under the rug.
I hope Midori-chan gets the justice they deserve. No one should be doxxed and no one, especially on a progressive site like Era, should be celebrating it.  Heartbeat
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, benji
(06-13-2024, 01:39 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Imran wrote:Ah, I remember when they screencapped some of our chats and threatened to out me unless I fed them insider information. Good times.
Quote:Yeah that sounds like Mystic alright.
BY2K wrote:WHAT
Quote:And yet, people still hang on every word from "leakers". Safer to assume they are scumbags.
fat4all wrote:fucking hell
Quote:[Image: wait-what-gif.gif?ssl=1]
Quote:................Excuse me, what?!
Quote:Uhhhhh excuse me?
Quote:Yeah I don't feel bad anymore.
Quote:Good lord.
Popular

Best part is he told the lame ass story after the first two rather than fishing for more attention first. lol
Imran wrote:That reminds me, I raised such an eyebrow to this thing in particular.

To be clear I don't know if Nintendo is sitting on a finished Twilight Princess Switch or not. But this tweet is so carefully crafted to back themselves up and go "I just didn't know why they're not releasing it I didn't say it was made and they were sitting on it." It could easily be interpreted as wanting Nintendo to make it or to take credit if it is ever shown.

It was so meticulous that when I was told Midori barely spoke English alarm bells immediately went off in my head.
Egomaniac

Did this loser ever post any of his "concerns" he's sharing all over this thread before or is he posting so much in this thread just to jump on the topic because of the outcome?
(06-13-2024, 02:30 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
BDumbs wrote:Like he said, this stuff really needs to be treated like movies. I've said that in a few different threads myself, so it'd be weird if I didn't agree. Especially since development times have gotten so long, it's at the point where we can go a whole generation without seeing anything new from a studio if a project gets cancelled at the wrong time. The lack of information empowers these guys and makes the rest of us thirst for any tidbits that happen to get out.

You guys act like every single film leak is sanctioned and brushed under the rug.
What do they think happens in film exactly?

The reason that soft-treatment doesn't happen in games is because there isn't an institution to support it. Variety and Hollywood Reporter are completely tied into the studio system and have been forever, it's a mutually dependent relationship, so the studios can't blacklist those type of things. I guarantee that Game Informer used to have this because of their ownership by GameStop. They had all those impossible cover stories (most notably GTA, when Rockstar otherwise ignores the press) because they didn't rock the boat with this kind of information.

It's funny that Imran worked there but isn't talking about any of this kind of stuff instead of jerking off about being an insider. Something neither of his bosses, the two Andrews, would have ever done.
4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, Boredfrom
Crossing Eden wrote:I just realized the reason i'm so out of the loop rn is because I tend to avoid Atlus games. 😅 Egomaniac 

Very cool, Mr Guillemot. Congrats on erasing your shill tag, btw.
I didn't read all ten of those pages (three times as many as the trans genocide thread) but just from looking at the posts above I noticed way more people discussing the ethics of leaking or doxing than the ethics of pretending to be an Engrish-speaking girl online for attention. hmm
SketchDog wrote:Nah people forgot the full history of this shit show. Me and head on the block hated that midori account at first. This stuff really spiraled out of control.
Quote:i can't forget what i never knew. who are you in this?

lol
Professor Beef wrote:why can't you fuckers just be normal

Spiders
I just cannot proceed knowing that the truth is internet videogames leaker midori is a weird little weeaboo incel nerd. A very unforeseeable outcome to this mystery.
Elon's march to putting us all under fascism continues: you can no longer see people's likes on Twitter.

What are staff going to do when someone posts academic research they don't like? ???
(06-13-2024, 03:05 AM)benji wrote: Elon's march to putting us all under fascism continues: you can no longer see people's likes on Twitter.

What are staff going to do when someone posts academic research they don't like? ???

Bitching directly to the source like Elon?
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(06-13-2024, 01:19 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: "Anything more complex than an MCU movie frightens and scares me."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a24s-civil-wars-avoidance-of-modern-politics-is-infuriating.899952/

[Image: xgt1Zjy.png]

Well that's an invaluable opinion.

What art does a person like this even consume?

What art could you ever trust them to evaluate?  Disney shit that their own kid had to explain to them?

30 years ago this dreadful scold was soooooooo offended by this.

[Image: Piss_Christ_by_Serrano_Andres_%281987%29.jpg]
[Image: holy-virgin-mary.jpeg?quality=85&w=2400]
[Image: gerard-m-alanga.jpg]

Piss christ, poo mother of christ, some rando maplethorpe.  

i can't imagine going to a museum with these perpetual wet blankets.  uptight leftists are supposed to be better looking at art.  Not scolding it.
(06-13-2024, 12:41 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Plagiarize wrote:I can't express how angry this makes me.

There is zero evidence that 'having been through a male puberty' gives you residual advantages beyond things like height and more relevant in swimming, wingspan.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/transgender-swimmer-lia-thomas-fails-in-challenge-to-rules-that-bar-her-from-elite-women%E2%80%99s-races.899970/?post=124397772#post-124397772

"Theres zero evidence that you have residual advantages having gone through male puberty except these 2 very important residual advantages that you will have having gone through male puberty!"

What is this?

If it was anyone but Plagiarize, I would have said that it's a pretty good troll post.

Quote:So if I'm reading that correctly she doesn't have "standing" because based on the rules there is no way to gain "standing" to challenge the ruling? What the fuck is this bullshit.

From the linked statement https://www.athleteally.org/cas-world-aquatics-trans-ban/

The CAS decision does not affirm the Trans Ban (or other rules excluding trans women from international sport). Instead, the CAS dismissed the case on a preliminary objection by World Aquatics, determining that Thomas did not have legal standing under Swiss Law to bring her case against World Aquatics. CAS considered that the Trans Ban was not triggered in Thomas' case, as she had not been registered to participate in any World Aquatics international competitions. The CAS decision means that no U.S. trans woman can challenge the World Aquatics Trans Ban, thereby denying trans women access to justice.

So literally impossible 🙄

https://www.resetera.com/threads/transgender-swimmer-lia-thomas-fails-in-challenge-to-rules-that-bar-her-from-elite-women%E2%80%99s-races.899970/?post=124398321#post-124398321

We need a SCIENCE! but for legal stuff.
Looks like Tesla shareholders voted to give Elon his 2018 pay package in pretty resounding numbers. Curious to see the era meltdown once they learn about it and how he will use the money to fund the next level of trans genocide lol
Dude, you don’t need to cap this hard for him.
4 users liked this post: ClothedMac, FUME5, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
If Elon was such a good guy he wouldn't have banned Null from the platform X formerly known as Twitter.  wag
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium, benji
(06-13-2024, 01:19 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: "Anything more complex than an MCU movie frightens and scares me."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a24s-civil-wars-avoidance-of-modern-politics-is-infuriating.899952/

"A24's Civil War's avoidance..."

Who speaks like that? Who mentions the company like that?

These anti-capitalists sure do love kneeling before corporations though...
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, benji, D3RANG3D
(06-13-2024, 01:43 AM)benji wrote:
Sho_Nuff82 wrote:
Quote:I understand people are playing team sports with California and Texas and their incredulity that they would ever "team up" in a hypothetical civil war, but it's not as far fetched as you think. They are the largest states by population, have the economy and military to support such an endeavor, and are far enough from the capitol (but close enough to each other) to make their alliance mutually beneficial. If you can visualize a civil war at all occurring, it's not a grand leap to see the two states which are geographically and demographically similar - and aren't the most dissimilar states in our union politically - secede together.

all that to say, garland entire point is that none of that matters in a modern civil war, where man's basest instincts are laid bare when neighbors have murder beef. whether you buy that is another matter, but the theme is very straightforward
This entire paragraph is...wrong? Well outside the realm of "ehhhh" and well into hand waving fairy tale.

The judicial makeup of the 5th and 9th circuit alone makes this an absurd premise. The governorship of both states? The state AG of both states? The Senators from both states? The tax laws and civil rights laws of both states? On what basis would modern Texas and California team up based on mutual ideology?
This is a perfect example because this idiot thinks everyone in those states is in some ideological lockstep currently. California is the state with the largest number of Trump voters. The 2nd and 3rd states with the most Biden voters are Florida and Texas.

A modern civil war would not break down along Republican/Democratic lines between states like the first one did because all the states are purple states in comparison to then. Because there are blue bastions within red states, and red seas within blue states. Look at a fucking county election map, nobody's going to be fighting across states when places like California would be splitting up. It would be house-to-house fighting, not the states organizing armies to go fuck around in a field somewhere away from their population centers.

Also the 5th and 9th Circuits aren't appointed by the states, they're appointed by the President. lol

As a complete outsider, my impression is that Texans are fiercely independent and would likely resist any attempt by an authoritarian government to subvert their freedoms. That alone would be grounds for potentially allying with Californians who would also disagree with potential dictatorship.

I could be completely misreading the situation, but all I know for certain is Resetera has even less of an idea of the reality of the US political situation than I, a foreigner, do.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(06-13-2024, 02:08 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: And now bire moderation is supporting doxxing?  Rolleyes

Same as it ever was
Imran wrote:the thing is, MidoriDistance clearly knew some stuff about Sega/Atlus and must have had some kind of ear to it. But the actual person behind that was so cringey and awful that they were just tapdancing to keep up.

Here's the stupid little secret about insider information: everyone treats it as this sacred thing, but most people not tied to marketing don't give a shit. You don't hear that much at industry events because your boss is right around the corner, but you want to know literally anything about Capcom, Platinum, or SNK? Go hang out in an Osaka bar for a week and someone will happily tell you they are working on Devil May King of Bayonetta 4.

The industry just holds all of this so close on a macro level that weird dweebs can feel very high on leaking stuff for no real good reasons because enthusiasts care about the information and elevate the people giving it. Some people do it for their careers (Grubb) and I actually think that's totally fine, that serves a monetary personal end. But people who just do it for clout they can't actually benefit from because they have to stay anonymous? Weird as hell, man.

Imran, you know how much money this companies pay in marketing. If a drunk developer spills the beans it doesn’t mean you are not wasting company money and resources. I’m also fine with leakers, but let’s not pretend is a victimless act or that monetary reason is much better (talking about video game leaks, not stuff like what Jason does for better or worse).

I also remember past instances of you revealing or hinting information for the clout at NeoGaf. Curious

He's describing actual journalism as if it's a bad thing that shouldn't be done while thinking regurgitating a press release is real work...

Not like this!
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D