Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(07-06-2024, 07:23 PM)Alpacx wrote:
Quote:Honestly it's kind of hot that I've lost bladder control after bottom surgery. Just a leaky leaky puppy

Making a case for someone who should have received therapy/meds instead of trans surgeries
(07-06-2024, 07:25 PM)Uncle wrote: [Image: oYcPO4p.png]

"are you?"

"yes, of course, but they shouldn't say it!"

It's kind of funny. People want affirmative action/DEI programs to exist but absolutely no one wants to actually claim that it helped them get their spot/job and assuming that it did is actually an insult.
Kitchen Sciences. Are those the “black jobs” Trump was talking about?
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(07-06-2024, 05:12 PM)SmokyDave wrote:
(07-06-2024, 12:28 PM)Greatness Gone wrote: would you rather be locked in a room with nepenthe or twohearts for 24 hours?  hmm
Nep for sure. Candlelight, Gregory Isaacs playing, champagne chilling on the side of the bath, rose petals laying all around us, aromatic massage oils filling the air.

Then we just glare at each other with flourishing intensity.

Then her hookup knife goes between your ribs.
Right.  If it was a good, useful program, shouldn't affirmative action be celebrated and not a shameful, embarrassing thing you have to pretend isn't affecting you?
(07-06-2024, 06:43 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(07-06-2024, 05:41 PM)benji wrote: [Image: ZnSHOYB.png]

Quote:[My friend] got a D on her [physics] exam. She looked at her friend's exam; he was a White person, and he had gotten an A, and they had the same, almost the same exact answers on the exam (70).

Um, I never studied physics but I'm guessing it involves a lot more math than open ended questions, so "almost the same exact answers" sounds like the difference between correct and wrong...

From what I remember if this is your typical introductory STEM class, physics actually is "open ended" in the sense that they will describe a problem and the student will have to assign variables and choose which equations to use. It's a step up from a typical math class coming out of high school and very easy to have something that appears "almost the same exact answers" at a cursory glance and still be wrong. Coincidentally a D vs an A lines up with partial credit for getting close and actually correct answers.
(07-06-2024, 07:25 PM)Uncle wrote: [Image: oYcPO4p.png]

"are you?"

"yes, of course, but they shouldn't say it!"

I really don't get how people can't see that affirmative action hurt the qualified minorities far more than it helped anyone, because it reinforced prejudices by making the prejudices systemically true. Well, okay, I get that there's a debate to be had about whether the help outweighs the hurt over long periods of time, but some people can't even acknowledge that there was any downside whatsoever. They're just like, "How can you be against Good Thing?! You must be an Evil Thing Lover!"
(07-06-2024, 06:43 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(07-06-2024, 05:41 PM)benji wrote: [Image: ZnSHOYB.png]

Quote:[My friend] got a D on her [physics] exam. She looked at her friend's exam; he was a White person, and he had gotten an A, and they had the same, almost the same exact answers on the exam (70).

Um, I never studied physics but I'm guessing it involves a lot more math than open ended questions, so "almost the same exact answers" sounds like the difference between correct and wrong...

Well 3 is almost the same as 3.14, so it's ok to substitute 3 for pi
As for the other stuff, the only "conversation" about race anyone's allowed to have in polite society in America is blaming white people for any non-white person's individual shortcoming or failure.
(07-06-2024, 07:35 PM)Propagandhim wrote: Right.  If it was a good, useful program, shouldn't affirmative action be celebrated and not a shameful, embarrassing thing you have to pretend isn't affecting you?

Affirmative action is schrodinger's policy..they say no one has EVER benefited from it, yet at the same time getting rid of it would be the end of anyone non-white ever getting selected for anything!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kissing-men-in-games.920541/post-125469537
Quote:Same. Man, woman, or other binaries.

Nonbinaries out, Other Binaries in Jeb
What kind of "bottom surgery" did two hearts have?  The one that involves chopping off something and making a flesh wound in its place?
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(07-06-2024, 07:35 PM)Propagandhim wrote: Right.  If it was a good, useful program, shouldn't affirmative action be celebrated and not a shameful, embarrassing thing you have to pretend isn't affecting you?

noticing an awful lot of things that progressives say are just outright good/healthy/positive and then immediately demand that everyone change their reasoned opinions on those things to mindlessly accept that they're good and to stop pointing out flaws
(07-06-2024, 02:50 PM)killamajig wrote: Edmond Dantès
https://www.resetera.com/threads/most-emotional-scene-in-the-lord-of-the-rings-trilogy.919389/post-125414478
Quote:Never seen the films,
YOU CRAZY MAN YOU CRAZY

Quote:There hasn't really been the motivation to see them knowing the story and it's development as well as I do via the History of Middle-earth series and the Hammond and Scull Reader's Companion book etc.
YOU CRAZY MAN YOU CRAZY
Quote:The Rings of Power I've watched because the material is new enough for me to have the experience of exploring Middle-earth anew.

The Hobbit I noped out of after An Unexpected Journey.
YOU CRAZY MAN YOU CRAZY

Dr.Forester has to be trolling lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ttrpg-awards-ceremony-crit-awards-removed-from-gen-con-due-to-backlash-from-zionists.920628/

Totally clueless.

I love how nobody is daring to say that the Crit dudes are in the wrong.
Retard wrote:Shortly before the nominees were announced, the organizers declared that they want all of their nominees to be inclusive of others. That means no racists, homophones, misogynistic, transphobes and the like. Sounds reasonable as that internet circle leans heavily into that mindset. The organizers also stated that Zionists (specifically people who refuse to acknowledge the persecution of Palestinians by the Israeli government or the illegal settlements in the West Bank) would also not be eligible as nominees.

omfg
(07-06-2024, 08:15 PM)Boredfrom wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ttrpg-awards-ceremony-crit-awards-removed-from-gen-con-due-to-backlash-from-zionists.920628/

Totally clueless.

Quote:Why in the world would you paint such an obvious target on your back? Of course you would be harassed for that. What did they think would happen?

honestly a good point

how do they think all this stuff ends up worming its way through culture? you don't announce it, you just do it without comment, and no one will have any evidence for why Jews n' Tombs didn't win any awards
They wanted their pogrom program to be universally inclusive. So naturally they disallowed participation from any happy merchants. 

What’s the big deal, folks?  ???
(07-06-2024, 12:28 PM)Greatness Gone wrote: would you rather be locked in a room with nepenthe or twohearts for 24 hours?  hmm

I wouldn't be stuck in a room with Nepenthe. Nepenthe would be stuck in a room with me! 

Oh you!
Paging Jeff Marvel 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-value-time-spent-arguing-online-how-often-do-you-come-away-having-changed-your-opinion-or-learned-something.920619/
Volimar wrote:That additional statement is completely right. Though calling out Zionism as they and many others understand it to be made it pretty easy to target the initial statement because as a term Zionism has a half dozen different meanings depending on who you ask. The bad faith actors will twist the statement to mean something it doesn't and it snowballs from there. Might have saved a headache if they had said "individuals who are anti-Semitic or anti-Palestinian". Though let's face it, the shit heads would have found fault with that too.

Or you could not because is a morally grey armed conflict initiated by a terrorist attack, perpetuated by a scumbag politician and Muslim theocracies.

The fact that they throw the label of “Zionists” so willingly means that this over their heads.
Dapnhe wrote:Excluding people from winning their awards who support what's happening in Gaza or the West Bank illegal settlements is simply the right thing to do. We need people who don't shy away from doing the right thing.
The people in the wrong here are the ones harassing and making bomb threats.

Narrator: it wasn’t the right thing to do.

You guys understand this make you look like total dipshits?
This is not censorship btw  ufup
https://www.resetera.com/threads/games-that-should-have-waited-a-generation.920664/?post=125480307#post-125480307

Paquete_PT, post: 125480220, member: 13339 wrote:On consoles? Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely what comes to mind. From a broken mess on the ps4 to one of the best of all time on the ps5.

ClickyCal', post: 125480307, member: 7351 wrote:Feels like the most factually correct answer.

Even Cunty Cal isn’t towing the party line anymore about Cyberpunk Titus
[Image: Cftryjx.png]
(07-06-2024, 08:57 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Volimar wrote:That additional statement is completely right. Though calling out Zionism as they and many others understand it to be made it pretty easy to target the initial statement because as a term Zionism has a half dozen different meanings depending on who you ask. The bad faith actors will twist the statement to mean something it doesn't and it snowballs from there. Might have saved a headache if they had said "individuals who are anti-Semitic or anti-Palestinian". Though let's face it, the shit heads would have found fault with that too.

Or you could not because is a morally grey armed conflict initiated by a terrorist attack, perpetuated by a scumbag politician and Muslim theocracies.

The fact that they throw the label of “Zionists” so willingly means that this over their heads.

I'm going to take a wild guess that this award show for some reason didn't feel the need to also specifically call out Hamas supporters

So basically as a white guy your asking would I rather be murdered by Nep or raped by two hearts. I guess I’d flip a coin
https://www.resetera.com/threads/could-nightdive-save-daikatana-with-a-remaster.920571/page-2?post=125481132#post-125481132

Quote:Sure, maybe next we can get Nightdive to do Tekwar and The Fortress of Dr. Radiaki.
Slayven wrote:Tekwar in 2024, heavens above. I actually liked the show

Weren’t you saying that you were below 30’s?

wikipedia wrote:The series, which was a co-production between Atlantis Films and Universal Television premiered on January 17, 1994 and ended on February 9, 1996.

3 users liked this post: MJBarret, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(07-06-2024, 08:15 PM)Boredfrom wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ttrpg-awards-ceremony-crit-awards-removed-from-gen-con-due-to-backlash-from-zionists.920628/

Totally clueless.

"Due to a situation entirely of our own making, we have been accused of being the bad guys. Rather than self-reflect and see how we have contributed to anti-Semitism, we are going to double down and claim that hate is what the other guys do and we are morally superior and virtuous in all our actions."

"What the fuck? Who would have thought actions have consequences? Anyway, like we said, we don't condone hate of any type but the Jews are to blame for everything. I can't believe this has happened to us, those fucking Jew kikes Zionists. These gencon capitalists have given us no option but to take our ball and go home. We blame the Jews."
(07-06-2024, 08:30 PM)Uncle wrote:

Totally clueless.

Quote:Why in the world would you paint such an obvious target on your back? Of course you would be harassed for that. What did they think would happen?

honestly a good point

how do they think all this stuff ends up worming its way through culture? you don't announce it, you just do it without comment, and no one will have any evidence for why Jews n' Tombs didn't win any awards

Is it really achieving anything if I don't signal to everyone my virtue and make it all about me?