Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(07-09-2024, 09:31 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-1-smoked-filled-mar-a-lago-rooms.826662/page-267?post=125600868#post-125600868
Mivey wrote:I'm thinking, he should take the recent SCOTUS decision to heart, and make use of his unlimited immunity. Announce that you begin project "Clean Up The World", which entails giving the US army and all special forces a list of names, which will include high profile politicians abroad and in the US, important business people and other VIPs, who the POTUS has determined after careful consideration need to be liquidated to make the world a better place.

Say what you want about bloodthirsty strongmen, but no one will dare publicly talk about Biden's old age or demand him stepping down in such a scenario.
I think they might considering the decision did not give unlimited immunity, that U.S. law allegedly forbids assassination and that using the Army would be an actual act of war towards foreign countries and illegal to use against U.S. citizens without a declaration of martial law.
(07-09-2024, 06:20 AM)benji wrote: Checking in on donald.win MAGA Twitter Elon's retweets:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/post-125567325 wrote:" I'm proud to be—as I said, the first vice president—first black woman to serve with a black President"
- Joe Biden 7/4/2024

This isn't going to stop. He'll continue to do this and it'll likely only get worse.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/post-125568075 wrote:Damn, I had seen most of those clips, but the one from two years ago where he's asking where a Representative was at a speech, but the Rep. had died six weeks prior in a car crash with her staffers, and to whom he had written a condolences for.... that does not look so good, especially with the current context. Biden and gaffes are like chocolate and peanut butter so it makes it extra hard to figure out, but that kind of thing feels like more than a gaffe. But who knows, we're left to take Biden's word.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/post-125568723 wrote:Like I've said it before if he's like this right now what will he be like in the middle of his next term when he's 83-86
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/post-125568729 wrote:The clips are damning and are not even selectively chosen, something I'm sure the detractors will try to point out. These are gaffes that are public, numerous, and only increasing in frequency. Even looking at clips from a couple of years back Biden didn't sound this bad. Biden's age has been a topic for some time and there's a real chance the "sharp as a tack" quotes from back when they were being made were largely true even back then. The decline seems like it's coming on quick and it's not something especially unique to Biden, this is just what an octogenarian brain does.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/russia-influence-2024-election-boost-past-preferred-candidate/story?id=111790184 wrote:Russia will attempt to influence the 2024 presidential election in favor of a past preferred candidate, according to U.S. officials who briefed reporters on election threats on Tuesday

"We have not observed a shift in Russia's preferences for the presidential race from past elections, given the role the U.S. is playing with regard to Ukraine and broader policy toward Russia," according to an Office of the Director of National Intelligence official.

The official did not mention any specific candidate by name, despite reporters pressing for a name.
Officials from a vast swath of federal agencies said that Russia is taking a "whole of government approach" to influence the election that includes the presidential race, congressional races and public opinion, according to officials.

"We anticipate them to increase their activities as we get closer to the election," according to the ODNI official.
Russia seeks to "undermine electoral integrity and amplify domestic divisions."

"To accomplish this, Moscow is using a variety of approaches to bolster its messaging and lend an air of authenticity to its efforts," the official said. "Russian influence actors are planning to overtly use social media to amplify narratives, to sway U.S. public opinion in U.S. swing states, and diminish U.S. support for Ukraine."
Putin
(07-10-2024, 01:18 AM)benji wrote:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/russia-influence-2024-election-boost-past-preferred-candidate/story?id=111790184 wrote:Russia seeks to "undermine electoral integrity and amplify domestic divisions."

"To accomplish this, Moscow is using a variety of approaches to bolster its messaging and lend an air of authenticity to its efforts," the official said. "Russian influence actors are planning to overtly use social media to amplify narratives, to sway U.S. public opinion in U.S. swing states, and diminish U.S. support for Ukraine."
(07-09-2024, 06:29 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Nepenthe wrote:(I am also aware this is shit only afforded to rich people while poor folks are spending years in jail on harmless drug crimes. Theory is sound, but America remains a trash place.)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/doctor-that-drove-himself-and-family-off-a-250-foot-cliff-will-get-attempted-murder-charges-dropped-if-he-completes-2-year-program.922437/?post=125590311#post-125590311
Putin
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-would-you-do-if-you-became-the-ruler-of-your-country-for-a-week-with-absolute-powers.922416/?post=125574618#post-125574618
Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Month): Advocating violence
pioneer wrote:Assassinate Trump (and friends)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-would-you-do-if-you-became-the-ruler-of-your-country-for-a-week-with-absolute-powers.922416/?post=125580243#post-125580243
Quote: Cop User banned (3 days): Advocating violence
Alien Bob wrote:Publically execute every single C-suite executive
[Image: wGyuaJh.png]
[Image: iUZHySF.png]

[Image: sXfHA3l.png]

[Image: QtDbGlP.png]

[Image: kPoFDgg.png]

Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: DYmmmyM.png]
[Image: 3uPRBxb.png]
(07-10-2024, 02:10 AM)Propagandhim wrote: [Image: iUZHySF.png]

[Image: sXfHA3l.png]

[Image: QtDbGlP.png]

[Image: kPoFDgg.png]

Bing fair, reading about the Hajj, a lot of old people go that don’t mind dying  as is a blessed death to them.(then again, the Mecca is itself a big religious tourist city).

Obviously, that dude was blunt but actually sympathetic to the pilgrims while Nepenthe is “FUCK EVERYONE BUT ME”.
You could argue one post is disrespectful to religious Muslims dying in a pilgrimage but we know RE loves loves grave dancing for more petty reasons like “ugh, white tourists”.

TERF BITCH
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ikumi-nakamura-unseen-has-an-in-depth-conversation-with-an-unemployed-hideki-kamiya.921393/
Guess Who wrote:Kinda wish she wasn't propping up these veterans men well due for retirement. Though I suppose it's a necessity for a woman in the industry. *sigh* I want to see her direct a game goddamnit! Still mad she got fucked over by Zenimax and didn't end up directing The Evil Within or anything at Tango Gameworks.

All the more frustrating when it's obvious she's queer.

this post written about a married woman with a daughter (two daughters?) talking to her mentor and obvious friend btw

i too have slash fic headcanon about game directors
(07-10-2024, 02:28 AM)Boredfrom wrote: You could argue one post is disrespectful to religious Muslims dying in a pilgrimage but we know RE loves loves grave dancing for more petty reasons like “ugh, white tourists”.

Or maybe it's the soft bigotry of low expectations.  

"We can't point out the absurdity that what they're doing to adhere to this religion is killing them...that's...just who these people are." 

"Oh tourists died because of a heat wave?  They should've known better because what they did was stupid!"

Don't expect a ResetERA.com thread on this unless it already exists from before details came out, it's a case where the 14 year old went on GRINDR and met up with a 29 year old gay man of color.
The amount of people who think it's an actual dome of iron......  Holy fuck.  It's over two dozen of them.  Holy shit.
(07-10-2024, 02:36 AM)Propagandhim wrote:
(07-10-2024, 02:28 AM)Boredfrom wrote: You could argue one post is disrespectful to religious Muslims dying in a pilgrimage but we know RE loves loves grave dancing for more petty reasons like “ugh, white tourists”.

Or maybe it's the soft bigotry of low expectations.  

"We can't point out the absurdity that what they're doing to adhere to this religion is killing them...that's...just who these people are." 

"Oh tourists died because of a heat wave?  They should've known better because what they did was stupid!"

I mean, in the end you are disrespecting people deaths in both posts. I think is okay in the context of a discussion forum and if people don’t act like barometers of morality or decorum.
No thread that I see on that Pennsylvania thing, there is this about the other one that came up searching for the PA one:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-three-boys-arrested-after-trans-woman-stabbed-in-county-durham.919164/ wrote:Twelve and Sixteen, kids. Kids stabbing a woman in her 20s. This blood lays squarely on JK Rowling, both the conservative government, the media and now Kier Starmer and his co-workers who will likely lead the country in continuing to paint Trans Women as dangerous, as women deserving of hate crimes.
Quote:don't forget JK rowling who has a huge influence on this whole matters

who's grooming kids now? freaking 12 y/o being influenced by this shitty rethoric
Quote:This is the kind of hate that is taught. The hate that leaders like Starmer promote with their placations. My heart goes out to her and for other trans people now living in even more fear.
Quote:Stay safe everyone
Quote:Yet another reminder that tonight's results - while welcome - won't do shit to address the rise of transphobic hate that has been forced upon these isles by TERFs with oversized influence and media aiming to stir shit for political gain.

There is real, desperate work that needs to be done. It is astounding how quickly this rot has set in, especially given the progress made elsewhere around the world.
Quote:This is the desired endpoint of all the anti-trans shit being spouted in this country so we've got to push back on both the traditional and social media platforms letting it happen
Quote:
Quote:12 years old and that hateful? That's absolutely awful.
Sadly experienced this last year with one of my second cousins spouting some absolutely racist and nonsensical crap until I realize what channels he was watching on YouTube.

Let his parents know what he was saying and it it has been clamped down immediately but it doesn't take much sadly. :(

I get it there are blind spots and hey with the amount of content out there and if parents aren't paying attention it can slip under but it's one of those things you got to be vigilant on and yes I will still blame JK and the others that profit from this...

Hoping for a quick recovery.
Quote:Glad you were able to get your cousin back on the right path. It sucks that the internet has seemingly done more harm than good in recent years in terms of boosting hateful scum and conspiracy theories. Too many sources and a lack of information literacy is a bad combination.
ClickyCal wrote:So happy she is okay....but just sickening.

Horrifying times for trans people and is getting scarier due to elections and people in power.
Strangely the thread ends there on Thursday... hmm
https://www.resetera.com/threads/official-republican-2024-platform.922629/page-3

[Image: eA2iEB4.png]

Oh is that how jobs work in America?  The gov't is like, "you black. you get this job.  Oh, you mexican, hmmmm no no no nonono i changed my mind, you get this job."  Must've missed the memo.
(07-10-2024, 02:50 AM)Propagandhim wrote: The amount of people who think it's an actual dome of iron......  Holy fuck.  It's over two dozen of them.  Holy shit.
If Trump wins I'm never going to stop asking where the big beautiful dome of iron is.
(07-09-2024, 05:47 PM)TylenolJones wrote:
Quote:
ClickyCal wrote:Voting takes all of 10 minutes. I wouldn't call that a waste of time.
Voting for some people, ESPECIALLY here in certain areas of Atlanta, Georgia could be a whole day affair. It's not just about the action at the ballot box, it's the whole process that undergirds it.

Stating this like a fact is a privileged take of its own.

Rofl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-1-smoked-filled-mar-a-lago-rooms.826662/page-257?post=125586372#post-125586372

Georgia, like many/most states, offers to mail absentee ballots to anyone who requests one, and you don't need a reason for the request either.
"Dumb libtards, they've never heard of a Dyson Sphere, that's what Trump wants to build. It'll look like a dome if you're in the middle, idiots." - MAGA, probably
(07-10-2024, 02:50 AM)Propagandhim wrote: The amount of people who think it's an actual dome of iron......  Holy fuck.  It's over two dozen of them.  Holy shit.

Is it better or worse knowing they don’t think that. They never arrive at their own conclusions. Some dumbass on Twitter thinks that, and in the absence of having thoughts, they uncritically repeat it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/official-republican-2024-platform.922629/post-125583906 wrote:
Quote:17. KEEP MEN OUT OF WOMEN'S SPORTS
I fail to understand how #16 and #17 is even remotely the business of a political party in the US and part of their platform. Especially given there's no proof that schools are teaching critical race theory and that #17 is difficult to figure out (again without any proof that men are competing in women's sports).

So I guess women competing in men's sports is fine by their argument?

EDIT: BTW, what's even "women's sports"? There's a lot that does my head in trying to figure out how that's even a position to take.
Wut
(07-10-2024, 03:02 AM)Polident wrote:

Is it better or worse knowing they don’t think that. They never arrive at their own conclusions. Some dumbass on Twitter thinks that, and in the absence of having thoughts, they uncritically repeat it.

I mean, I was expecting maybe one or two Slayvens that thought Israel had a literal dome over the entire country....but that whole thread...
(07-10-2024, 02:56 AM)Propagandhim wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/official-republican-2024-platform.922629/page-3

[Image: eA2iEB4.png]

Oh is that how jobs work in America?  The gov't is like, "you black. you get this job.  Oh, you mexican, hmmmm no no no nonono i changed my mind, you get this job."  Must've missed the memo.

Where do I sign up to have my melanin count tallied so I can get another job?

The hoteps were right about melanin being the most valuable element! SCIENCE!  hmm
https://www.resetera.com/threads/official-republican-2024-platform.922629/post-125585664 wrote:The "Build an iron Dome around America" is the same logic Tony Stark had when he made Ultron.
hmm
(07-09-2024, 11:56 PM)Snoopy wrote:
FinaleFireworker wrote:I was 10 when Super Smash Bros Melee came out and I was fascinated by Mr. Game & Watch. Despite the character featuring in what would be a generation-defining game, I felt very strongly that this was a fringe abstract character concept that only I knew about. This character was underground. This character could blow your damn mind. This was unlike anything I'd ever seen and I was certain nobody else had ever seen it either.

As a result, I started using the name "Mr. Game & Watch" as a weird alias. I would write it like it was my codename. I changed all my screen names and email addresses to be some variant of Mr. Game & Watch. I drew the character in my notebook and told people I came up with him. I named characters or made references to Mr. Game & Watch in my school writing assignments and passed him off as my own creation.

On the first day of school one year, the teacher was asking people to say their name and share if they have "a nickname." In retrospect I understand what she meant was if a kid's name was Kenneth but he went by Ken, or a girl's name was Candice by she went by Candy, but in the moment I was stunned this cool teacher was asking us to give ourselves nicknames. I was expecting kids to say their name was "Thunder" or "Rocket" but nobody was. I was not going to miss the opportunity to give an awesome nickname even if these kids ignoring the opportunity. When it came to my turn, I said my nickname was Mr. Game & Watch.

She asked if people really called me that, and everyone in the classroom looked at me, and I said no. I did not realize this was a prerequisite. She said she'd just call me by my regular name.

I don't know when this phase ended or what changed, but sadly my obsession with Mr. Game & Watch did not end there like it should have. I am sure I did more embarrassing things after that.

I guess he's not embarrassed about that time he sexually assaulted his co-worker.

Or when he had a meltdown over a avatar
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-am-having-an-existential-crisis-because-some-random-person-has-an-avatar-like-mine-update-now-a-cowboy-and-doing-a-giveaway.360361/
(07-09-2024, 06:29 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Nepenthe wrote:I mean, part of the theory of restorative justice includes accounting for what the actual victims want, and if they want him to get treatment versus spending time in jail, you're not really doing them any favors by saying "No, your family member has to be ripped away from you for years/forever."

Now granted, I don't know if I'd be strong enough to advocate for treatment for someone who tried to fucking kill me and my children, but alas.

(I am also aware this is shit only afforded to rich people while poor folks are spending years in jail on harmless drug crimes. Theory is sound, but America remains a trash place.)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/doctor-that-drove-himself-and-family-off-a-250-foot-cliff-will-get-attempted-murder-charges-dropped-if-he-completes-2-year-program.922437/?post=125590311#post-125590311

omfg

"Restorative justice" in practice usually involves schools making victims of bullying/sucker punching sit down and listen to their attackers' sob stories to deflect them of any real blame or punishment.  Despite what nep says, it's usually done to the benefit of poor kids, since it's racist to punish too many non-white kids in school these days.
Another fuckin theory Dead
Resetera seems to think it's wild to support deporting illegal immigrants that support terrorist-organizations.