Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(07-10-2024, 11:56 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Looks like noodlesoup will be back on court July 31 wag 

If Trump wins will he deport noodlesoup as a pro-Hamas terrorist?  wtf?
(07-10-2024, 02:56 AM)Propagandhim wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/official-republican-2024-platform.922629/page-3

[Image: eA2iEB4.png]

Oh is that how jobs work in America?  The gov't is like, "you black. you get this job.  Oh, you mexican, hmmmm no no no nonono i changed my mind, you get this job."  Must've missed the memo.

It’s a reference to Trump's nebulous (and most likely racist) reference to "illegals" taking "black jobs" at the debate. 

Trumps
(07-10-2024, 09:02 AM)HardcoreRetro wrote: Is taking a shit while shitposting on the Bire also a situational disability?

I'm disabled as fuck at the moment.
Even though I am a lesbian, it wouldn’t be right for me to make judgments about your situation.

(07-10-2024, 09:03 AM)Echelon wrote: I'm afraid to ask what they think the Dome of the Rock is. What

Dwayne Johnson’s throat game has deep religious significance for the global muslim community.
(07-10-2024, 07:18 AM)benji wrote: I was searching for something else and came across this:
[Image: epN7ztJ.png]

She's the funniest person alive.  "You owe us for saving the country, nay, the world.   We cured the land of fascism and now you will give us the reigns.  How?  I can't do that emotional labor for you. You figure it out!  We're only the sole, exclusive saviors of mankind, after all, entrusted with a unique characteristic goodness and wisdom.  BUT I DONT GET PAID TO EDUCATE YALL ASSES SO YOU FIGURE IT OUT."
Did it really though...
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(07-10-2024, 01:05 PM)AldusMoneyPenny wrote:
(07-10-2024, 02:56 AM)Propagandhim wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/official-republican-2024-platform.922629/page-3

[Image: eA2iEB4.png]

Oh is that how jobs work in America?  The gov't is like, "you black. you get this job.  Oh, you mexican, hmmmm no no no nonono i changed my mind, you get this job."  Must've missed the memo.

It’s a reference to Trump's nebulous (and most likely racist) reference to "illegals" taking "black jobs" at the debate. 

Trumps

Ah.  Makes more sense, then.  "Black jobs" lol Trump is such a dunce.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-would-happen-if-your-era-avatar-became-alive-and-sentient.923649/post-125632251
Quote:Either he pulls off what he did in the game and magically achieves liberation with white people's blessing, or gets merked for it.

Either way, it'll be a hilarious party until then.
Divest from capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy!
The late great Hannibal Lecter is taking the black jobs Trumps
(07-10-2024, 04:31 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-would-happen-if-your-era-avatar-became-alive-and-sentient.923649/post-125632251
Quote:Either he pulls off what he did in the game and magically achieves liberation with white people's blessing, or gets merked for it.

Given what the current statistics say, he’d also likely end up capping a couple of transgender people in the process too.
(07-10-2024, 05:06 PM)JoeBoy101 wrote:
(07-10-2024, 04:31 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-would-happen-if-your-era-avatar-became-alive-and-sentient.923649/post-125632251

Given what the current statistics say, he’d also likely end up capping a couple of transgender people in the process too.

Why is TERF island so low? lol
(07-10-2024, 10:34 AM)benji wrote:
(07-10-2024, 10:04 AM)Potato wrote: These people are mentally deficient. Like, if that was a kid in my class, his nickname from that day on would have been Mr Retard or something else like that.
You got me to read that more closely. Look what I noticed:
FinaleFireworker wrote:I was 10 when Super Smash Bros Melee came out and I was fascinated by Mr. Game & Watch. Despite the character featuring in what would be a generation-defining game, I felt very strongly that this was a fringe abstract character concept that only I knew about. This character was underground. This character could blow your damn mind. This was unlike anything I'd ever seen and I was certain nobody else had ever seen it either.

As a result, I started using the name "Mr. Game & Watch" as a weird alias. I would write it like it was my codename. I changed all my screen names and email addresses to be some variant of Mr. Game & Watch. I drew the character in my notebook and told people I came up with him. I named characters or made references to Mr. Game & Watch in my school writing assignments and passed him off as my own creation.

On the first day of school one year, the teacher was asking people to say their name and share if they have "a nickname." In retrospect I understand what she meant was if a kid's name was Kenneth but he went by Ken, or a girl's name was Candice by she went by Candy, but in the moment I was stunned this cool teacher was asking us to give ourselves nicknames. I was expecting kids to say their name was "Thunder" or "Rocket" but nobody was. I was not going to miss the opportunity to give an awesome nickname even if these kids ignoring the opportunity. When it came to my turn, I said my nickname was Mr. Game & Watch.

She asked if people really called me that, and everyone in the classroom looked at me, and I said no. I did not realize this was a prerequisite. She said she'd just call me by my regular name.
Am I wrong for reading it like this nickname event came later in his mid-teens?

How does he feel about the nickname now?  Success
https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-had-an-offensive-stereotype-regarding-native-americans-update-removed.78770/
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Gameboy Nostalgia
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ColdSun/stats/990080/achievements/
Can't believe that TERR BITCH JOANNE planted a chud to Ree admin/mod team  Stahp 42 out of 45 achievements.
Quote:The Dems have fully embraced a loser mindset and those tend to be self-fulfilling. Dems have panicked and they are being played by a press that doesn't really care if Biden is in or out because either way they have a scandal to milk. It's frankly pathetic how easily the Dems have been played. I thought we were past this.

Quote:1000 times this.

I ain't faulting Dems for having concerns. But the way this has played out in the media…which, as you said, gives not a single fuck if Biden is in or out so long as they're getting juicy content to milk. And Dems are giving it to them.

This should have stayed in the back rooms, then we should have seen Jeffries and Schumer walking to the WH together.

Again, HEW is this encouraging to put themselves out there? If I was a Dem with presidential ambitions I don't know which I'd be more concerned about right now, getting knifed in the back or the front.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-introduces-articles-of-impeachment-for-clarence-thomas-and-samuel-alito.923952/

They complain when Republicans do all this all the time but AOC is brave for doing something that has no chance of happening, less with her name attached to it.

Pai Pai Master wrote:Puts a massive target on her back for Republican ire & harassment, and people being pieces of shit to her even more than they already are.

Thank you for standing up when others won't, AOC.

Isn’t she already harassed and called names by Republicans?  Black Men
Aren't Republicans always horny on main for AOC? Trumps
I like AOC. She's got guts and good takes. Fairly tolerable for an american 'leftist', a word I would rarely use to describe any of them over there. She'd make a good Labour minister.
Since I know you guys loved learning about the Black suffering and death from racist science teaching, got some more hot science learning scholarship:
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acs.jchemed.2c00293 wrote:A Special Topic Class in Chemistry on Feminism and Science as a Tool to Disrupt the Dysconcious Racism in STEM

Abstract
This article presents an argument on the importance of teaching science with a feminist framework and defines it by acknowledging that all knowledge is historically situated and is influenced by social power and politics. This article presents a pedagogical model for implementing a special topic class on science and feminism for chemistry students at East Carolina University, a rural serving university in North Carolina. We provide the context of developing this class, a curricular model that is presently used (including reading lists, assignments, and student learning outcomes), and qualitative data analysis from online student surveys. The student survey data analysis shows curiosity about the applicability of feminism in science and the development of critical race and gender consciousness and their interaction with science. We present this work as an example of a transformative pedagogical model to dismantle White supremacy in Chemistry.
Quote:When scientifically established facts, such as the nonbinary nature of both sex and gender are seen by students of science as a belief, one might ask: Are we being true to scientific knowledge? We use this student comment as a reflection of the subjectivity of how the pedagogical decisions are made in teaching “true science” vs what existing scientific knowledge tells us. This has resulted in the propagation of scientific miseducation for generations.
Quote:King introduced a new term, dysconscious racism, defined as an acceptance of dominant White norms and privileges arising from the uncritical habit of the mind leading to the maintenance of the status quo. In contrast to unconscious bias which has been quoted as involuntary and used in the academy often, King’s idea of dysconcious racism demands a critical analysis of the history of systemic discrimination in the institutions and coming up with effective interventions.
They almost said the thing:
Quote:In this article we describe the development, implementation, and student experience from a special topic course in chemistry, Science and Feminism, as a disruptive tool to challenge the status quo in Chemistry. Using Critical Race Theory and intersectional feminism as the framework, this course aimed at creating an intellectual as well as physical space for STEM students at East Carolina University (ECU) where they could explore their identities and how these intersect with the knowledge base and the pedagogy of science by looking at these from historical, political, and feminist lens. The other aim was to shine light, through this process, how scientific epistemology and culture have strong links with capitalism, enslavement, colonization, and exploitation of female-bodied folks.

I hope I get unit three:
Quote:Unit 1 readings (Table 2) focused on introducing students to the history of American feminism and its contribution/effect as felt in STEM epistemology. This unit also comprised of readings that critically looked at the DEI work in the Academy and its connection complicatedness dysconcious racism. As experiential learning, this unit also invited students to think and talk about their individual relationship with the word feminism, STEM culture, and their own identities. The end of the unit assignments was writing a reflection from all the readings and participation in a debate with the topic: Science done by a feminist and feminist practice in science are the same thing.

Unit 2 included readings (Table 2) that exposed students to the historical context of pathologizing the pregnant womb and the construction of gynecology as a White male discipline while utilizing Black and Indigenous bodies as experimental subjects. We further explored the development of (Black, Indigenous, and Brown) races as inferior and pathological throughout the development of modern science. As experiential learning, students participated in discussions on their interaction with the medical system as immigrants, women, women of color, and LGBTQIA2S+ individuals. The end of the unit assignments was writing a reflection from all the readings and participation in a debate with the topic: Health care providers (doctors, dentists, nurses, PA, PT, and administrators) should be required to learn the history of medical racism, sexism, and homo/transphobia and their legacy as part of their licensing process, and it should be an ongoing training than a onetime one. Students were also suggested to watch the 2017 movie, The Immortal life of Henrietta Lacks.

Unit 3 explored the development and interrelationship between quantum mechanics, Marxist materialism, Afro-futurism/pessimism, and postcolonial nationalism. To problematize time as a linear social construct, the Copenhagen interpretation of the collapse of wave-particle duality was utilized. The end of the unit assignments was writing a reflection from all the readings and participation in a debate with the topic: past is never dead, it is not even past. The students also had the option of watching the 2020 movie, Antebellum. However, the instructor was flexible on this assignment as some of the African American students did not want to watch it and be triggered. They wrote a reflection on a book on race and gender that they had read.

Unit 4 consisted of reading articles in STEM that used identity (racial/gender/sexuality) as empirical parameters and how that can further propagate the absoluteness of these categories rather than dismantling these constructed realities. The end of the unit assignments was writing a reflection from all the readings and participation. There was no debate for this unit as this was close to the semester end.

This isn't from the paper but from the same journal's special DEI in Chemistry issue:
[Image: ed1c01219_0002.gif]
Quote:Using Critical Race Theory and intersectional feminism as the framework, this course aimed at creating an intellectual as well as physical space for STEM students at East Carolina University (ECU) where they could explore their identities and how these intersect with the knowledge base and the pedagogy of science by looking at these from historical, political, and feminist lens. The other aim was to shine light, through this process, how scientific epistemology and culture have strong links with capitalism, enslavement, colonization, and exploitation of female-bodied folks.
Quote:Unit 3 explored the development and interrelationship between quantum mechanics, Marxist materialism, Afro-futurism/pessimism, and postcolonial nationalism. To problematize time as a linear social construct, the Copenhagen interpretation of the collapse of wave-particle duality was utilized. The end of the unit assignments was writing a reflection from all the readings and participation in a debate with the topic: past is never dead, it is not even past. The students also had the option of watching the 2020 movie, Antebellum. However, the instructor was flexible on this assignment as some of the African American students did not want to watch it and be triggered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antebellum_(film) wrote:Antebellum is a 2020 American black horror thriller film[3][4] written and directed by Gerard Bush and Christopher Renz in their feature directorial debuts. The film stars Janelle Monáe, Eric Lange, Jena Malone, Jack Huston, Kiersey Clemons, and Gabourey Sidibe, and follows a 21st century African-American woman who wakes to find herself mysteriously in a Southern slave plantation from which she must escape.

On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 30%
SCIENCE!

edit: lot of rape in this movie that doesn't involve chemistry/science, materialism, quantum mechanics or time lol
While I'm no1curr posting, what "video game" forum does this sound like talking about certain opinions being "associated" with Gamergate/chuds/alt-right/etc.?
[Image: 8zZfWpK.png]

Really starting to sound like some criticism I've leveled at that forum's practices multiple times:
[Image: azsnOIb.png]
(07-10-2024, 06:08 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: I like AOC. She's got guts and good takes. Fairly tolerable for an american 'leftist', a word I would rarely use to describe any of them over there. She'd make a good Labour minister.

[Image: among-us-aoc.gif]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/page-61?post=125623302#post-125623302

misery mired wrote:new york is potentially a battleground state now? what in the ever-loving hell. the last time new york went red was before the nes came out in north america

Edit:
vrietje wrote:Just to say it show how st*pid some voters are. Even if Biden is showing sings of mental degradation. Why run to Trump, that man is showing even bigger signs of dementia than Biden. I could under stand people running to third party or independent candidates. But not to Trump, than you are just stupid.
Why?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/page-62?post=125625336#post-125625336
Emwitus wrote:so ninja, that goes both ways. We are all s peaking hypotheticals here. If anything my pick would be Hilary over kamala
klobbbbbbb
We already tried Hillary once and it didn't work. At least Kamala has a sense of humor!
(07-10-2024, 06:29 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
vrietje wrote:Just to say it show how st*pid some voters are. Even if Biden is showing sings of mental degradation. Why run to Trump, that man is showing even bigger signs of dementia than Biden. I could under stand people running to third party or independent candidates. But not to Trump, than you are just stupid.
Why?

omfg
They really just believe any old shit the fake news tells them!

[Image: FKRFcaJ.png]
Spoiler:  (click to show)

I had a bunch of bread tuber types, right around the debate performance pop up on youtube suggestions the subject of said videos were basically no Trump is the one's that's senile! Holy copium... [Image: JTsP8rM.png]
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex, Taco Bell Tower
(07-10-2024, 06:11 PM)benji wrote: Since I know you guys loved learning about the Black suffering and death from racist science teaching, got some more hot science learning scholarship:
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acs.jchemed.2c00293 wrote:A Special Topic Class in Chemistry on Feminism and Science as a Tool to Disrupt the Dysconcious Racism in STEM

Abstract
This article presents an argument on the importance of teaching science with a feminist framework and defines it by acknowledging that all knowledge is historically situated and is influenced by social power and politics. This article presents a pedagogical model for implementing a special topic class on science and feminism for chemistry students at East Carolina University, a rural serving university in North Carolina. We provide the context of developing this class, a curricular model that is presently used (including reading lists, assignments, and student learning outcomes), and qualitative data analysis from online student surveys. The student survey data analysis shows curiosity about the applicability of feminism in science and the development of critical race and gender consciousness and their interaction with science. We present this work as an example of a transformative pedagogical model to dismantle White supremacy in Chemistry.
Quote:When scientifically established facts, such as the nonbinary nature of both sex and gender are seen by students of science as a belief, one might ask: Are we being true to scientific knowledge? We use this student comment as a reflection of the subjectivity of how the pedagogical decisions are made in teaching “true science” vs what existing scientific knowledge tells us. This has resulted in the propagation of scientific miseducation for generations.
Quote:King introduced a new term, dysconscious racism, defined as an acceptance of dominant White norms and privileges arising from the uncritical habit of the mind leading to the maintenance of the status quo. In contrast to unconscious bias which has been quoted as involuntary and used in the academy often, King’s idea of dysconcious racism demands a critical analysis of the history of systemic discrimination in the institutions and coming up with effective interventions.
They almost said the thing:
Quote:In this article we describe the development, implementation, and student experience from a special topic course in chemistry, Science and Feminism, as a disruptive tool to challenge the status quo in Chemistry. Using Critical Race Theory and intersectional feminism as the framework, this course aimed at creating an intellectual as well as physical space for STEM students at East Carolina University (ECU) where they could explore their identities and how these intersect with the knowledge base and the pedagogy of science by looking at these from historical, political, and feminist lens. The other aim was to shine light, through this process, how scientific epistemology and culture have strong links with capitalism, enslavement, colonization, and exploitation of female-bodied folks.

I hope I get unit three:
Quote:Unit 1 readings (Table 2) focused on introducing students to the history of American feminism and its contribution/effect as felt in STEM epistemology. This unit also comprised of readings that critically looked at the DEI work in the Academy and its connection complicatedness dysconcious racism. As experiential learning, this unit also invited students to think and talk about their individual relationship with the word feminism, STEM culture, and their own identities. The end of the unit assignments was writing a reflection from all the readings and participation in a debate with the topic: Science done by a feminist and feminist practice in science are the same thing.

Unit 2 included readings (Table 2) that exposed students to the historical context of pathologizing the pregnant womb and the construction of gynecology as a White male discipline while utilizing Black and Indigenous bodies as experimental subjects. We further explored the development of (Black, Indigenous, and Brown) races as inferior and pathological throughout the development of modern science. As experiential learning, students participated in discussions on their interaction with the medical system as immigrants, women, women of color, and LGBTQIA2S+ individuals. The end of the unit assignments was writing a reflection from all the readings and participation in a debate with the topic: Health care providers (doctors, dentists, nurses, PA, PT, and administrators) should be required to learn the history of medical racism, sexism, and homo/transphobia and their legacy as part of their licensing process, and it should be an ongoing training than a onetime one. Students were also suggested to watch the 2017 movie, The Immortal life of Henrietta Lacks.

Unit 3 explored the development and interrelationship between quantum mechanics, Marxist materialism, Afro-futurism/pessimism, and postcolonial nationalism. To problematize time as a linear social construct, the Copenhagen interpretation of the collapse of wave-particle duality was utilized. The end of the unit assignments was writing a reflection from all the readings and participation in a debate with the topic: past is never dead, it is not even past. The students also had the option of watching the 2020 movie, Antebellum. However, the instructor was flexible on this assignment as some of the African American students did not want to watch it and be triggered. They wrote a reflection on a book on race and gender that they had read.

Unit 4 consisted of reading articles in STEM that used identity (racial/gender/sexuality) as empirical parameters and how that can further propagate the absoluteness of these categories rather than dismantling these constructed realities. The end of the unit assignments was writing a reflection from all the readings and participation. There was no debate for this unit as this was close to the semester end.

This isn't from the paper but from the same journal's special DEI in Chemistry issue:
[Image: ed1c01219_0002.gif]

lol
(07-10-2024, 06:29 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/page-61?post=125623302#post-125623302

misery mired wrote:new york is potentially a battleground state now? what in the ever-loving hell. the last time new york went red was before the nes came out in north america

ah yes I remember how playing zelda for the first time imparted hard lessons that subtly promoted the cause of liberalism
amalthea wrote:We're talking about an ideology here whose adherents hack children to pieces. Then again the way this whole story will garner more maonstream attention than the murder I'm alluding to should tell everything about the priorities our society has.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/waterstones-british-book-shop-sacks-reviewer-for-saying-they-would-enjoying-tearing-up-books-of-a-transphobic-author.924036/?post=125645730#post-125645730

Whole threads great so far, a true case of fuck around and find out. Wonder if they were this upset when they harassed LRG to fire someone over non work related tweets and then jawmuncher got the job after lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waterstones-british-book-shop-sacks-reviewer-for-saying-they-would-enjoying-tearing-up-books-of-a-transphobic-author.924036/?post=125643837#post-125643837

Xyer wrote:"Destroy books"

"No, not those books."
Thinking
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-1-smoked-filled-mar-a-lago-rooms.826662/page-276?post=125616129#post-125616129

Jera wrote:Wonder if pollsters have been breached and don't know that their results are being screwed with.

Pie in the sky, I know. Just trying ti make sense if it.
Tinfoil
(07-10-2024, 07:52 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
amalthea wrote:We're talking about an ideology here whose adherents hack children to pieces.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waterstones-british-book-shop-sacks-reviewer-for-saying-they-would-enjoying-tearing-up-books-of-a-transphobic-author.924036/?post=125645730#post-125645730
Islamophobia. wag