Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(07-13-2024, 02:45 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
embiid wrote:They had recent specials shitting all over vaccine skeptics and QAnon. They're definitely not conservative.

I'm looking forward to this. If kdot trusts them on a wild ass topic like this I trust them as well.

plagiarize wrote:We have very different measures for what makes a conservative if this is where you set the bar.

They took the JK Rowling position on trans women in sports. Whatever party allegiance you want to assign to that, it's a conservative viewpoint with no scientific basis.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/south-park-creators-and-kendrick-lamars-comedy-movie-gets-a-july-4-2025-release-date.926205/?post=125751222#post-125751222

These people don't actually know what a conservative is, do they?

hmm
His bigger problem is knowing what has a scientific basis.
"The JK Rowling position" aka literally everyone in the world except trans extremists and people who want to abolish women's sports. lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-413?post=125751783#post-125751783
Ry. wrote:I think what annoys me about ZZZ the most is that even with its incredibly uninspired character and game design, and its blatant pandering to the male gaze, it's still raking in the cash and attaining a large ratio of non-male customers. There's just no clear path forward to say "please, just make games for everyone" when this kind of shit clearly works and is highly profitable, and most people just don't seem to care about the aspects that make it off-putting to me personally.
Trumpcry
(07-13-2024, 04:24 AM)Averon wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-413?post=125751783#post-125751783
Ry. wrote:I think what annoys me about ZZZ the most is that even with its incredibly uninspired character and game design, and its blatant pandering to the male gaze, it's still raking in the cash and attaining a large ratio of non-male customers. There's just no clear path forward to say "please, just make games for everyone" when this kind of shit clearly works and is highly profitable, and most people just don't seem to care about the aspects that make it off-putting to me personally.
Trumpcry

Ry. wrote:this does make me feel better, and admittedly I'm mostly going from the group of my female friends who are all major Genshin players and are checking out the new Hoyo game. With any hope they will drop it, though the discourse in our friends slack is relatively positive. All that said, 23% is a far cry from Genshin numbers, even if it's still quite a high percentage in my opinion. I appreciate the info!

why can't this little bitch let his ( lol ) friends play what they want?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-america-brave-new-world-official-teaser-feb-14-2025-anthony-mackie-harrison-ford-giancarlo-esposito.925650/page-14?post=125753211#post-125753211

omg I think he knows what he's doing. Lovely bait.

kowhite wrote:Who the fuck is Sabra and why is she a problem?

GreenMamba wrote:
NefariousDragon wrote:They wrote out Sabra right? Cause that'd be an awful awful inclusion, unless it was an entirely rewritten character

She's still in it, but they've basically changed everything about her, not even calling her Sabra. She's been changed to an ex-Black Widow CIA agent.

...her actress is still an IDF stooge though.
She's a mutant Israeli superhero in the comics who works as a Mossad agent. Shira Haas is playing a completely reimagined version of the character who shares her name, Ruth Bat-Seraph and basically nothing else.

kowhite wrote:Ok people still seem to have a problem…what's the problem?

ArcLyte wrote:I'm also failing to see what the problem is
And B-Dubs was gaslighting us about how the New York Times isn't far-right and pro-genocide:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/progressives-enraged-democrats-reportedly-privately-110059957.html wrote:New York Times columnist Ezra Klein appeared on The Bulwark Podcast Tuesday and revealed what "top Democrats" have told him off the record as they panic over whether they should support or abandon President Biden on their ticket.

"People are weighing this set of things. Like, ‘It would be quite unpleasant for me personally to come out against the president as an elected official in the Democratic Party,' and weighing what will happen if Donald Trump wins, and saying, in a revealed preference way, ‘I can live with Donald Trump winning,’" Klein said. "And I've heard people say that to me off the record, to be fair-"

"Really?" podcast host Tim Miller reacted.

"I've had top Democrats say to me, basically, say something like, ‘I don’t know why all these Democrats who think Donald Trump is an existential threat to democracy are acting the way they are. But the reason I'm acting the way I am is because I don't think that,'" Klein continued.

"Who the f--- is this?" an angered Miller exclaimed. "Out your sources, Ezra!"

"I find it maddening, but I do find it consistent," Klein responded.

Klein later told Miller, "I think you have to at some point say, whatever these Democrats are saying in public, they're more resigned and more willing to just be the resistance to a Trump presidency than a lot of their public-facing rhetoric would suggest."

"You have a calm voice, but you're skyrocketing my f---ing blood pressure right now," Miller said. "Ezra, I'm just, like, so f---ing mad."

Quote:"Absolutely f---ing enraging," former Obama speechwriter and Pod Save America co-host Jon Favreau reacted.

"Correction: I was not being much too easy on the Democrats. I was being much, much, much too easy on them," New York Magazine writer Jonathan Chait said.

Progressive activist Aaron Regunberg posted, "This is a story with actual, legitimate villains. Here they are. May they rot in hell."

"If a party is filled with this many useless people, there is no reason for it to exist," Vox writer Sean Illing said.

Washington Post assignment editor Damir Marusic remarked, "It’s so quaint, the idealism. It’s as if people living in a city devoted to politics don’t understand politics at all."
Quote:Rep. Jared Golden, D-Maine, offered a similar sentiment publicly in an op-ed published in the Bangor Daily News with the headline "Donald Trump is going to win the election and democracy will be just fine."
Existential Rage Social Justice Warrior
Royalan, https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-1-smoked-filled-mar-a-lago-rooms.826662/post-125752827 wrote:BTW, I genuinely love that even though she's stepped down from power, Pelosi is still very much in the conversation.

What a dowager queen.
Jeanluc

Royalan wrote:
Quote:Pelosi is a legend
Will go down as the greatest Speaker of all time.
Wut
Quote:I think we're reaching the peak of disillusionment with social media across the board, as it's become increasingly clearer to a large portion of the public that what we're being fed is pure unfiltered bullshit. Especially since the most notable owner of one of the major platforms has made a deliberate effort to give the most inflammatory voices - including Trump - the priority of his platform's presence.

There's never been a more stark difference between what we read in every tweet posted in here (or, if we're counting forums as social media, a lot of the regular posts in this subforum), and what's happening in reality, as evidenced by what's been reported by people who are actually talking to people in the ground level. And I'm not talking random anecdotes; multiple times during this whole ordeal, people have essentially been focus tested by random journos, reporters & networks on Biden's age & they've essentially said they don't give a shit.

Honestly, when Biden wins, I'm just gonna delete most of my social media profiles. At that point, there's zero value in any of the current options except for Reddit when I need pertinent information on something.
Spiders

Crossing Eden wrote:
Quote:I mean sure, that'd be cool if he proved everyone wrong, but we'll never see that happen because he's dropping out. Dem leadership isn't going to allow Biden to hold the party hostage and potentially lose the senate and house along with the presidency. We're realistically a week away from him dropping out
People were literally saying that exact same thing a week ago. And since then he's gaining momentum, not losing it and mainly because people are starting to focus on other things. People should really come to terms with the part where he's most likely gonna be the candidate unless he falls ill.
Malarkey!

Quote:The media deserves a comeuppance for how much they give trump and the gop a pass
 Wut

Quote:Considering "the media" will be the first target of Trump if he gets re-elected, it's like they're hedging their bets that he already won.
Quote:You can't say they're just following the story when they're ignoring a nazi takeover that isn't even being hidden.
Don't forget the iron dome!

Royalan wrote:The problem is, I feel like our media is in a death spiral.

And the problem didn't start with Dems punching back (for once).

The problem started with naked levels of profit incentive and Republicans exploiting the general media's desire to be seen as fair and balanced.

While understanding that the situation is complicated, I don't fault Dems for responding to the environment we're in. The only other option seems to be Dems playing subservient mommy to Republicans' reckless daddy.
lmao he's still on about this
https://www.resetera.com/threads/r-kelly-called-himself-the-pied-piper-of-r-b-i-didnt-know-what-that-was-so-i-looked-it-up-why-were-we-surprised-again.926421/

haziq wrote:Another friend then asked what a pied piper is, and I realized I didn't know what that is either.
lol
Genocide Keir back on the table:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-general-election-2024-ot-gone-on-the-fourth-of-july-labour-wins-general-election.881007/post-125747544 wrote:And people wondered why some of us took anger at Labour's comments on the trans community, on how disabled people being out of work, on their language on immigration, on the Gaza issue, etc. So many times I've read Labour will move in the right direction when in power.

The attack on the trans community is not surprising and exactly what Labour have been saying very publicly for months. People being shocked is very much "Leopard face eating party" this is the stall they set out, why would they have gone back on their word if this lead to one of their greatest election victory? I hope in future cis white males accept how good a hand they've been dealt and not dismiss the concerns minority groups have, we can only go by the words sprouted out by the politicians. This nonsense about moving the overton window always ignored trans children suffering, because the gradual shift to the left, if there ever is one, will still end up killing children who's time is running out. They can't wait 5 years, they needed action now.

This government has already signed the death of trans children and I am worried on which minority group they attack next.
Quote:Their ignorance of the Forde report suggests no minority is safe to me.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-america-brave-new-world-official-teaser-feb-14-2025-anthony-mackie-harrison-ford-giancarlo-esposito.925650/page-14?post=125753577#post-125753577

Pineapple Taco wrote:The other is an old white president saying "we will show the world a better way forward" and a black man immediately trying to kill him. I suspect he's brainwashed like Bucky, but that isn't an unreasonable response given America's track record.
Wut
lori wrote:Biden being encouraged to stay in by that many people is legitimately giving me panic; We are one bad showing away from being sent to camps

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-1-smoked-filled-mar-a-lago-rooms.826662/page-333?post=125753877#post-125753877
(07-13-2024, 01:50 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-announces-that-he-plans-to-cancel-all-medical-debt-in-his-second-term.926382/page-2?post=125750088#post-125750088
Servbot24 wrote:All my medical debt erased vs living under a giant iron dome, hmmm 🤔

(07-13-2024, 05:15 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/r-kelly-called-himself-the-pied-piper-of-r-b-i-didnt-know-what-that-was-so-i-looked-it-up-why-were-we-surprised-again.926421/
haziq wrote:Another friend then asked what a pied piper is, and I realized I didn't know what that is either.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/economists-say-inflation-would-be-worse-under-trump-than-biden.926073/?post=125735787#post-125735787
entremet wrote:Democracy requires an informed population :/
Thinking
(07-13-2024, 02:45 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
embiid wrote:They had recent specials shitting all over vaccine skeptics and QAnon. They're definitely not conservative.

I'm looking forward to this. If kdot trusts them on a wild ass topic like this I trust them as well.

plagiarize wrote:We have very different measures for what makes a conservative if this is where you set the bar.

They took the JK Rowling position on trans women in sports. Whatever party allegiance you want to assign to that, it's a conservative viewpoint with no scientific basis.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/south-park-creators-and-kendrick-lamars-comedy-movie-gets-a-july-4-2025-release-date.926205/?post=125751222#post-125751222

These people don't actually know what a conservative is, do they?

hmm

It means "bad people". What do you think it means?
(07-13-2024, 04:24 AM)Averon wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-413?post=125751783#post-125751783
Trumpcry

Please, just make games for everyone, but make sure they follow the strict rules set by me and my fellow retards.
(07-13-2024, 04:37 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-america-brave-new-world-official-teaser-feb-14-2025-anthony-mackie-harrison-ford-giancarlo-esposito.925650/page-14?post=125753211#post-125753211

omg I think he knows what he's doing. Lovely bait.

GreenMamba wrote:
NefariousDragon wrote:They wrote out Sabra right? Cause that'd be an awful awful inclusion, unless it was an entirely rewritten character

She's still in it, but they've basically changed everything about her, not even calling her Sabra. She's been changed to an ex-Black Widow CIA agent.

...her actress is still an IDF stooge though.
She's a mutant Israeli superhero in the comics who works as a Mossad agent. Shira Haas is playing a completely reimagined version of the character who shares her name, Ruth Bat-Seraph and basically nothing else.

kowhite wrote:Ok people still seem to have a problem…what's the problem?

ArcLyte wrote:I'm also failing to see what the problem is

What do you mean whats the problem? 

Quote:Israeli superhero

Isn't it clear?
(07-13-2024, 05:07 AM)benji wrote:
Quote:I think we're reaching the peak of disillusionment with social media across the board, as it's become increasingly clearer to a large portion of the public that what we're being fed is pure unfiltered bullshit. Especially since the most notable owner of one of the major platforms has made a deliberate effort to give the most inflammatory voices - including Trump - the priority of his platform's presence.

There's never been a more stark difference between what we read in every tweet posted in here (or, if we're counting forums as social media, a lot of the regular posts in this subforum), and what's happening in reality, as evidenced by what's been reported by people who are actually talking to people in the ground level. And I'm not talking random anecdotes; multiple times during this whole ordeal, people have essentially been focus tested by random journos, reporters & networks on Biden's age & they've essentially said they don't give a shit.

Honestly, when Biden wins, I'm just gonna delete most of my social media profiles. At that point, there's zero value in any of the current options except for Reddit when I need pertinent information on something.
Spiders

Crossing Eden wrote:
Quote:I mean sure, that'd be cool if he proved everyone wrong, but we'll never see that happen because he's dropping out. Dem leadership isn't going to allow Biden to hold the party hostage and potentially lose the senate and house along with the presidency. We're realistically a week away from him dropping out
People were literally saying that exact same thing a week ago. And since then he's gaining momentum, not losing it and mainly because people are starting to focus on other things. People should really come to terms with the part where he's most likely gonna be the candidate unless he falls ill.
Malarkey!

Quote:The media deserves a comeuppance for how much they give trump and the gop a pass
 Wut

Quote:Considering "the media" will be the first target of Trump if he gets re-elected, it's like they're hedging their bets that he already won.
Quote:You can't say they're just following the story when they're ignoring a nazi takeover that isn't even being hidden.
Don't forget the iron dome!

Royalan wrote:The problem is, I feel like our media is in a death spiral.

And the problem didn't start with Dems punching back (for once).

The problem started with naked levels of profit incentive and Republicans exploiting the general media's desire to be seen as fair and balanced.

While understanding that the situation is complicated, I don't fault Dems for responding to the environment we're in. The only other option seems to be Dems playing subservient mommy to Republicans' reckless daddy.
lmao he's still on about this

Halfway through 2024 and this retard has only JUST NOW woken up to the fact that social media is pure unfiltered bullshit? 

Holy shit these are the dumbest fucks in the world.
I like how many of them keep going to "do the media think attacking Biden will really stop Trump from exterminating them? It's not going to save them!"

Never do they consider that the media might not be trying to suck up to a potential dictator. lol
here era friends, watch this lovely movie:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-killed-my-online-life-microsoft-is-reportedly-banning-palestinians-in-the-u-s-for-life-for-calling-relatives-in-gaza.925164/?post=125693358#post-125693358
AnilP228 wrote:
StrayDog wrote:The same vibe of
Meta updates hate speech policy toward posts attacking "Zionists
https://www.axios.com/2024/07/09/meta-hate-speech-policy-update-zionists
This isn't the same vibe at all. Meta doing that is long overdue - you only have to look at how people are using the word 'zionism' when it's clearly a codeword for Jew / Israeli's. It's commonly used to dehumanise, mainly because most people don't actually know what it means or because they want to explicitly come out with a more obvious anti-Semitic term.

You can't compare that to what Microsoft are doing here. We deserve answers. This is unacceptable.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-killed-my-online-life-microsoft-is-reportedly-banning-palestinians-in-the-u-s-for-life-for-calling-relatives-in-gaza.925164/?post=125693523#post-125693523
CascadingOCDuty wrote:I use Zionist to describe the fascist, colonial regime of right-wing Israelis. I'd love for there to be more nuance with such powerful information sharing tools in our collective hands.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-killed-my-online-life-microsoft-is-reportedly-banning-palestinians-in-the-u-s-for-life-for-calling-relatives-in-gaza.925164/?post=125693940#post-125693940
AnilP228 wrote:A Zionist is someone who believes Jews have a right to self-determine in their ancestral home. What you're referring to there is a form of religious Zionism from people like Ben Gvir and his like. It's a bit like how people on the right misunderstand the term feminism.

It doesn't compare to what has been shared in the OP. And frankly the Medium article shared above is a real eye opener that more people need to read.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-killed-my-online-life-microsoft-is-reportedly-banning-palestinians-in-the-u-s-for-life-for-calling-relatives-in-gaza.925164/page-2?post=125754315#post-125754315
deathkiller wrote:A Zionist is someone that doesn't believe that Palestinians have a right to self-determine in their current or not exactly ancestral home. This has always been the policy of every single Israel government, if you believe in equal rights you are not a Zionist and you should make the effort of coming up with your own terms to avoid being co-opted in supporting racism.
(07-13-2024, 02:36 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Plagarize wrote:We have very different measures for what makes a conservative if this is where you set the bar.

Fj0823 wrote:They also had a special about how chuds making fun of Star Wars suck but also how Disney including minorities in media is like total shit that makes movies lame too. So they're both equally cringe!!

Guess which joke has been used to attack actresses and directors of minority led films?
kasumin wrote:It's insane to me how being pro-Palestinian is an accepted, defacto exception to the first amendment. And then I remember all the times I've been shouted down online for arguing that Americans should do more about hate speech. Here people are at all levels of society trying to erase and silence a group of people and their allies by using institutional and government power. The hypocrisy is so grating.

And going as far as to nuke entire accounts... This shit is inexcusable.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-killed-my-online-life-microsoft-is-reportedly-banning-palestinians-in-the-u-s-for-life-for-calling-relatives-in-gaza.925164/page-2?post=125753781#post-125753781

Explain the first amendment to me and how it applies here, please.
[Image: extPOFG.png]

kids love van johnson and his whimsical singing!

wait nevermind

(07-13-2024, 06:04 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
kasumin wrote:It's insane to me how being pro-Palestinian is an accepted, defacto exception to the first amendment. And then I remember all the times I've been shouted down online for arguing that Americans should do more about hate speech. Here people are at all levels of society trying to erase and silence a group of people and their allies by using institutional and government power. The hypocrisy is so grating.

And going as far as to nuke entire accounts... This shit is inexcusable.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-killed-my-online-life-microsoft-is-reportedly-banning-palestinians-in-the-u-s-for-life-for-calling-relatives-in-gaza.925164/page-2?post=125753781#post-125753781

Explain the first amendment to me and how it applies here, please.
This is how MAGA Twitter interprets the First Amendment too.
Messofanego wrote:Hope Microsoft is put through the coals in investigations, courts, lawsuits, and face consequences for such inhumanity.
I always love this guys legal analysis. lol
Quote:Get aboslutely fucked. I will continue not to purchase any shit from Microsoft and not upgrade to 11. The idea of switching over to Linux is becoming increasingly tempting
Badass
Quote:Big Tech continues to be one of the most immoral industries on Earth
Is it tho?
DrForester, https://www.resetera.com/threads/alec-baldwin-indicted-on-involuntary-manslaughter-charge-in-rust-shooting-up2-case-dismissed.807285/post-125754378 wrote:Is Baldwin able to sue the prosecutor into oblivion? Because that is absolutely horrible.
lmao
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
The big tech industry  Gaben
(07-13-2024, 01:56 AM)Potato wrote:
(07-13-2024, 01:26 AM)killamajig wrote:
(07-13-2024, 12:15 AM)Potato wrote: Why is it always about getting a free ride on the public teet with these grifting cunts?
 Crybaby
I'm sure these countries can't wait to take in a bunch of people who don't want to work while demanding they get free food and hormones while they groom kids

Sounds a lot like England to be honest...

I'd support using taxpayer money to assist in "moving" these trans "refugees" to other countries.  But why Canada?  Why don't these people ever suggest Mexico, South Africa*, or Brazil?

*South Africa's constitution declares healthcare to be a human right, so they should get premium healthcare on demand for free there right?