Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Random account I saw replying to some dude talking about having Biden arrested for the shooting:
[Image: H9CeJLA.png]
Wut
(07-14-2024, 01:39 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-1-smoked-filled-mar-a-lago-rooms.826662/page-343?post=125782479#post-125782479

yami4ct wrote:
Emwitus wrote:okay I don't know about hinkley but just went down a rabbit whole and even found out his released and his own YouTube channel. sort of Nuts after attempting to assassinate a president.
Part of the inspiration for Taxi Driver. Just a wild story all around.
lmao

I have never wanted to make an account to “well, actually” more.

Sometimes think about far left guys celebrating Hinckley for the assassination attempt on Reagan. But they ignore he’s a psychotic stalker obsessed with Jodie Foster’s underage prostitute character in Taxi Driver. Or maybe they condone it. Whatever. But it was one of several attempts at getting her attention. He wanted to get Carter at one point.
They warned us about the BOTH SIDES rhetoric:
OH NO BIDEN BROS!
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Nintex
I go to bed early one night
Probably one of those never Trump RINOs or a patsy.  Trump turning his head saved him, otherwise he would've blown his head off.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
plagiarize wrote:All I see when I look at that picture is a fascist. It's maybe the most fascist thing I've seen in my life. I am not surprised to see people like Cenk think it makes Trump look strong or brave.

Just as I am not surprised the shooter was a young white male republican. They tend to be. People that do stuff like this don't tend to reason in the same way you or I do. Someone like that is as likely to think Trump isn't extreme enough, or that he's part of some delusional conspiracy, as they are to think they are saving America.

You aren't dealing with someone rational when you are talking about someone prepared to try and assassinate someone with secret service protection, whoever that may be.
Wut

andymoogle wrote:A fascist riling up his cult by encouraging to fight, is in no way badass. And neither is cultists chanting "USA". People are really showing their asses today. And it's probably only men saying this garbage too. Falling into the idea of peak masculinity.
Popular

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/post-125794113 wrote:
Quote:This actually shows the effect this has on people in general. Ignore it as much as you want, but it's obviously there, as seen on display in this thread.
No it doesn't. It just shows that there has always been a huge trump fanbase on this site that was waiting for the perfect moment to show their asses.
Trumps 

Quote:
Quote:Sky News said the shooter was a registered Republican. If true, then its curious how this is going to end up unfolding.
thank fuckin christ. this fact alone should save lives
Capra wrote:I mean as much as I think it's typical, and even expected, that the shooter would be a white male Republican... I also think if they turned out not to be - if they turned out to be a victim of Trump's violent rhetoric with nothing left to lose - I wouldn't be wondering "what's wrong with this person." If someone smacks a dog enough times and the dog bites back, I don't wonder "what's wrong with this dog."
Quote:Not going to lie, I was just hoping that the shooter would turn out to be white but the fact that he's also a registered Republican wearing a Demolition Ranch shirt is just the icing (no pun intended) on top.
ZeoVGM wrote:People really twisting themselves to find an excuse for him to not be Republcian.
Capra wrote:I dunno. I just think it's weird.

Like, Malcolm X called it "chickens coming home to roost." If you create a culture of fear and violence, it's only natural to expect fear and violence in return. But it's like... Instead of fixing the culture we decided to fix the expectations.

Republicans are permitted to enact violence in response to a culture of violence. Democrats are expected to endure.

But that's fucking ridiculous, right? People can't be expected to be "above" their animal stress response. Animals that just sit there and take abuse die. And so will we. Like it's an obvious trap, right? A culture that punishes one side disproportionately for acting in self-defense, is actively erasing that side.
JEFF CHECK:

Don't worry, he's got some advice for a woman too:
Quote:No matter anyone's political views it is never a good thing for such things to happen.

I am surprised at how many people here in this board pretty much imply that his death would be a good thing. And i am surprised how they did not get reprimanded in any way. Maybe this rhetoric in its extreme form led to the events that unfolded today.

I am no fan of either Trump nor Biden, i am a firm believer that both parties could have much better representatives. In fact in the debate thread i commented how baffling it feels for me (not a US citizen) that out of the 330 million people living in the US these 2 are the best they could come up with.

I dont know. This is seriously effed up. I think both parties need to look themselves in the mirror and take responsibility. This country is way more divided than anyone could have ever imagined.

And as a non US citizen that scares me.

Derp Hans Yikes Subscribe to Info Wars! Banplz
[Image: tenor.gif]

Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: BlDnt.gif]
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(07-14-2024, 10:59 AM)Snoopy wrote:
Quote:No matter anyone's political views it is never a good thing for such things to happen.

I am surprised at how many people here in this board pretty much imply that his death would be a good thing. And i am surprised how they did not get reprimanded in any way. Maybe this rhetoric in its extreme form led to the events that unfolded today.

I am no fan of either Trump nor Biden, i am a firm believer that both parties could have much better representatives. In fact in the debate thread i commented how baffling it feels for me (not a US citizen) that out of the 330 million people living in the US these 2 are the best they could come up with.

I dont know. This is seriously effed up. I think both parties need to look themselves in the mirror and take responsibility. This country is way more divided than anyone could have ever imagined.

Read your Capra, centrist chud. ufup 
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/post-125794677 wrote:If someone smacks a dog enough times and the dog bites back, I don't wonder "what's wrong with this dog." Like, Malcolm X called it "chickens coming home to roost." If you create a culture of fear and violence, it's only natural to expect fear and violence in return. But it's like... Instead of fixing the culture we decided to fix the expectations.

Republicans are permitted to enact violence in response to a culture of violence. Democrats are expected to endure.

But that's fucking ridiculous, right? People can't be expected to be "above" their animal stress response. Animals that just sit there and take abuse die. And so will we. Like it's an obvious trap, right? A culture that punishes one side disproportionately for acting in self-defense, is actively erasing that side.
Capra sounds disappointed that the shooter was a white guy and not a bipoc disabled transgender illegal immigrant
Quote:I was watching the movie Civil war when this happened...what the hell..

Wow stay safe
Quote:
Quote:I don't think it's normal to think they are badass.
Dude has already caused so much trans deaths and will continue too since he is still alive, yeah these reactions are crazy.

It made me sick seeing people chanting for one person with dead people beside them. Cause that one person is worth more than the lives of others apparently it's so fuckin infuriating this is our society.

Idk if there would have been more death to us if they wouldn't have missed or not, but there will still be more people dying cause of him being alive. He forever has blood on his own hands.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/post-125794842 wrote:Yeah, how crazy. What are the odds all that coming together for the perfect photo-op.... how crazy it is that we spent a whole news cycle demanding Biden to step aside while the Epstien files with trumps name all over them were conveniently released at the same time. Crazy odds.
(07-14-2024, 10:59 AM)Snoopy wrote:

Oh, they're going after that post now:
Lilly-Anne wrote:You might want to go at Trump's project 2025, which is way worse than a thousand political assassination attempts and that will lead to the death of a shitton of people. Trump is a violent dictator who has been inciting violence from day one. Him and his party are the only ones at fault here.
BossAttack wrote:I'm glad you enjoy watching from the sidelines with your feelings of superiority. But for us actual citizens, Trump's election will actually have serious consequences on many of our lives.
Quote:Quite the pearl clutching. Another Trump presidency would directly and inadvertently lead to MANY deaths, so I can absolutely understand why some think it would have been for the best - not saying I wish it on him myself, particularly as an outsider looking in (I'm not American and there's also the fact that it would have caused insane levels of chaos and violent retaliation if it was a success). I also think it's shitty to "both sides" this shit when one side always reverts to violence more and has stoked the flames of hatred for years.
ZeoVGM wrote:Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has praised literal neo-Nazis, said that he will make it illegal for young trans people to transition, promised to deport pro-Palestine protestors and admitted to sexual assault on video.
Quote:Nah, this pearl-clutching ain't it.

Many here, myself included, are very cognizant of the damage a 2nd term that he can bring to many, especially minorities and the under-represented. Anyone that replaces Donald will not reach the same personality-cult as he does. If he's removed from the equation (whether through natural causes or imprisonment), that's a lot of the momentum taken out.

Him experiencing a Bolsonaro-special will do little but to stoke the flames.
Quote:I'm not sure about this "never being a good thing".

Let's say that Trump is elected, and that list of 300 political opponents he's written up to have jailed comes to fruition.

Let's also say that he uses his new-found powers granted to him by the Supreme Court to strip away the constitution, jail and/or murder his political rivals, undermine all future elections to elect himself and/or his successor in perpetuity, and, with the aid of the Supreme Court and a Republican legislature, he strips all accountabiltiy mechanisms that are in place in the US's democratic institutions.

Would you still say that political violence is never a good thing when there is little democratic means available for the population to influence power in the Executive and political violence from the top down becomes the norm?

(Russia, Syria, Iran, etc, all say hello)
Capra wrote:
Quote:I appreciate what you're saying but to an outsider, your country looks at risk of civil war. So, I dont know.
Don't worry. There won't be a war.

We'll just sit here and die instead. It's the civil thing to do.
Quote:I'm also wondering if you can donate under someone else's name or is it tied to your finances somehow. I don't know how that works. But if he was a hardcore republican I could see a fellow student donating to a left leaning cause under his name as a joke.
Quote:Is there actually any real proof it was him who donated and not someone with a similar name?
Quote:I"m also wondering if a classmate donated under his name as a joke if his political beliefs were known in high school and were far right leaning.
These guys think the FEC lets people just commit campaign finance violations?

There's a per person donation limit, they think you can just get around this by donating in other people's names? Why wouldn't every billionaire and millionaire do this to get around the donation limit? They think they're so much smarter than decades of Congress that those dummies never thought of this when having the laws written. lol
(07-14-2024, 11:13 AM)benji wrote: Read your Capra, centrist chud. ufup 
Quote:If someone smacks a dog enough times and the dog bites back, I don't wonder "what's wrong with this dog." Like, Malcolm X called it "chickens coming home to roost." If you create a culture of fear and violence, it's only natural to expect fear and violence in return. But it's like... Instead of fixing the culture we decided to fix the expectations.

Whenever people quote Malcolm X, I question if they ever read Malcolm X.
B-Dubs is literally posting in this thread as we speak, to call Cenk dumb, among all these posts advocating for political violence and conspiracy theorizing. Dead Dead Dead Dead
These morons are all systemic this, hegemonic that, institutional whatever, but they're talking about murdering a single person as if it's this broad-ranging progressively liberationist act in a democratic country. It's sometimes truly remarkable how stupid they are. lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dear-closeted-and-questioning-people-the-clinic-is-open.926862/

Tyrant t2 consulting agency is back open!
(07-14-2024, 11:46 AM)Bootsthecat wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/dear-closeted-and-questioning-people-the-clinic-is-open.926862/

Tyrant t2 consulting agency is back open!
Quote:- I will however poke, prod and let you know if one's thoughts don't necessarily align with a cisgender, hetrosexul person. If you need me to go through the alphabet of sexualities I will, although there are websites that can give that. I however, have first hand experience in having at least two sexualities and the fact I'm Trans. 😊
How can you have two sexualities?

And how can you say that anyone else's thoughts align with cisgender or heterosexuality? Are you suggesting there's some objective outside standard to judge these things by? That sounds very transphobic and genocidal.
(07-14-2024, 11:42 AM)benji wrote: These morons are all systemic this, hegemonic that, institutional whatever, but they're talking about murdering a single person as if it's this broad-ranging progressively liberationist act in a democratic country. It's sometimes truly remarkable how stupid they are. lol
P1: We are marginalized people, who everyone else wants to oppress and murder as they have for all of human history.
P2  Our oppressors have established every institution and our entire way of life to contribute solely towards that goal.
P3: We start a violent conflict based around random chaos with the significantly larger majority who control all avenues of power.
C1: We win because of our superior morals.

SCIENCE!
Their posts are essentially an argument in favor of terrorism but because they picture themselves on the "right side of history" and therefore assume they're enlisting legitimate political power they view it as morally justified through a legalistic approval by some future state. Which, you know, is also what all the terrorists ever have imagined.
(07-14-2024, 11:59 AM)benji wrote: Their posts are essentially an argument in favor of terrorism but because they picture themselves on the "right side of history" and therefore assume they're enlisting legitimate political power they view it as morally justified through a legalistic approval by some future state. Which, you know, is also what all the terrorists ever have imagined.
Well, la-di-da, look who's read some basic theory. Social Justice Warrior 2
Kyuuji wrote:At least people on twitter and tiktok have the meme game on point, woke up to so many good posts. Preferable to the hand-wringing here about how dumping on a trash person led to a white male republican trying to shoot him.

And that is all that matters.
Take up arms.