Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
They're even dumber if they think Harris is going to go out there and campaign on "Biden sucks and has ruined the economy and led genocides" rather than defend practically every single position of the still existing administration she's part of.

"Biden's given us the big horrible inflation and flooded our borders with Dutch people"
"Wasn't me, I was just Vice President. Smug"
isn't really a campaign strategy any sane person is going to run. lol
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D
(07-23-2024, 06:43 AM)benji wrote:
(07-23-2024, 05:48 AM)Boredfrom wrote: Dude, honestly, I was not doing a passive aggressive non sequitur argument, I was just saying that Trump word doesn’t mean shit. 

I don’t entirely buy that the Trump’s campaign didn’t expected Biden to drop out, but is not that out there given how Trump operates.
My point is that Trump has been for months mockingly saying Biden is going to have to drop out, and all of these people were outraged at him saying this because Biden is perfectly fine and doing great. Whether Trump actually believed this or was just trolling is completely irrelevant. (Those MAGA Twitter accounts that Nintex loves were spinning themselves into thinking Biden wasn't going to drop out because he was going to die or becoming so obviously enfeebled before then it wouldn't be up to him.) They are inventing a narrative that the Republicans were SHELLSHOCKED and NEVER SAW IT COMING that Biden wouldn't be craven (even as some of them just spent weeks bitching about how Genocide Joe was clinging to power) from absolutely zero evidence except their own made up narrative. Same shit they do with every topic. It's probably already transcended to "well known" status at this point.

The flaw to this line of thinking is that Trump is the king of the retards and is surrounded by retards. You could see Trump processing how far gone Biden was in real time in the debate.
Re: political yard signs in the digital realm. Like a light switch, twitter accounts threw a coconut emoji next to the watermelon and bevy of flags. So very organic and original. There’s also this dark maga thing where, again, organically people changed their profile pics red with blue eyes.

Adam Curtis is gonna have a field day with this.
(07-23-2024, 07:21 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: The flaw to this line of thinking is that Trump is the king of the retards and is surrounded by retards. You could see Trump processing how far gone Biden was in real time in the debate.
That's if your positing a general unexpectedness that everyone shared but none of these people are, they're saying why they explicitly think no Republican could have seen it coming. And shocker, it's an unfalsifiable moral failing that confirms their priors.

The only "evidence" they're pointing to is some whining, but that requires me to accept that well known unrepentant liar Donald Trump is telling the truth now in a specific instance where it's required to prop up the narrative.

Like I said, I think you guys are giving constantly stupid in public people way too much benefit of the doubt for no reason.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, DavidCroquet
This is the only sign that gives me the ick.

[Image: In_this_house%2C_we_believe..._%2832158765960%29.jpg]
3 users liked this post: nachobro, Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(07-23-2024, 07:42 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: This is the only sign that gives me the ick.

[Image: In_this_house%2C_we_believe..._%2832158765960%29.jpg]
Because there's no "trans rights are human rights" and "trans women are women" right?
it's missing
"FUCK ZIONISTS"
"TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS"
and "NEURODIVERGENT NOT CRAZY"
3 users liked this post: Potato, Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
Quote:I assume all people with political flags in their front yard are, at minimum, batty. Making a political figure your entire personality is a level of insanity that I refuse to abide.
                   homophobic slur?                             
is this?
UNIQUE 👏 CONNECTORS 👏 ON 👏 DEVICES 👏 ARE 👏 A 👏 HUMAN RIGHT 👏
Spoiler: Nsfw (click to show)
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Tycoon Padre
(07-23-2024, 07:39 AM)benji wrote:
(07-23-2024, 07:21 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: The flaw to this line of thinking is that Trump is the king of the retards and is surrounded by retards. You could see Trump processing how far gone Biden was in real time in the debate.
That's if your positing a general unexpectedness that everyone shared but none of these people are, they're saying why they explicitly think no Republican could have seen it coming. And shocker, it's an unfalsifiable moral failing that confirms their priors.

The only "evidence" they're pointing to is some whining, but that requires me to accept that well known unrepentant liar Donald Trump is telling the truth now in a specific instance where it's required to prop up the narrative.

Like I said, I think you guys are giving constantly stupid in public people way too much benefit of the doubt for no reason.

It's not so much that they like, literally never thought of it or considered it. But clearly they were talking about him dropping out as an attack line with the view that, on balance, he wouldn't. The response from the republicans and trump since he did actually drop out and support consolidated around Harris quickly shows that they materially have not planned for this outcome, even if he did crack a few jokes about Joe not lasting.
(07-23-2024, 08:59 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: The response from the republicans and trump since he did actually drop out and support consolidated around Harris quickly shows that they materially have not planned for this outcome
I'm not sure how this follows at all, what would be evidence that they had? ???
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(07-23-2024, 09:20 AM)benji wrote:
(07-23-2024, 08:59 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: The response from the republicans and trump since he did actually drop out and support consolidated around Harris quickly shows that they materially have not planned for this outcome
I'm not sure how this follows at all, what would be evidence that they had? ???

If they were prepared they wouldn't have spent a couple of days pointing out that she's got no kids and was a good prosecutor. Like none of us actually know what the thinking was but based on what has happened since, I think they're unprepared for the campaign they now have to run. Which is kinda crazy given where we were a few weeks ago.
But that's just basing an unwarranted presumption on a bigger unwarranted presumption: that there's something else to attack on her on that nobody else has discovered in the last five years.

edit: Look, here's my problem: the actual truth of the claim is not relevant to me, my problem is accepting as self-evident a self-interested narrative that was spun up within hours by actively dishonest people who themselves believed it impossible to which there could be no evidence that proves it wrong and that itself seems premised on the very strong presumption of a hypothetical exclusive discovery of something nobody has shown to exist.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassins-creed-dev-team-address-the-%E2%80%9Ccontroversy%E2%80%9D.934308/

This will be potentially be a good one to watch. Have seen it on twitter the Japanese aren’t happy about some aspects, naturally era is fully onboard with the war against the chuds, but what if the Japanese don’t actually like it.

Blah blah “not historically accurate” 🤣
Quote:Addressing this as to "our Japanese community" is nonsense, this is almost exclusively a white American meltdown. Japanese players seem unanimously OK with Yasuke.
Quote:This is a lose/lose thing to address. They signal the douche bags that they're taking their complaints seriously, which will further encourage them. Simultaneously by conceding to their pettiness it puts off people like me, who would otherwise play and enjoy the game.

I especially dislike the line they had to throw in that their consultants somehow had no impact on developer decision making. That is such a "tow the line" wussy maneuver and further signals their fear.
Quote:I mean this doesn't say they're changing anything. It's a nothingburger of an address (thankfully) that isn't even directed in the right place. Super weird.
Quote:Garbage decision to address it.
Quote:surprised they even react to the american grifters and the nontroversy they created
Quote:Oh no, why did they acknowledge this...
Quote:"Message for our Japanese community"

... the Japanese community ain't the ones throwing a fit though.
Quote:I think there was no need to do any sort of damage control about this since most Japanese people seem, from what I've seen, pretty damn happy about what the dev team is doing here. It's mostly Western dudes being pissed about whatever they're pissed about now.
Quote:So is using tweets as an indication given that tweets from paid Twitter accounts are surfaced first.
Quote:It seems like the limited records of Yasuke indicate that he probably was a samurai. The narrative that the evidence says otherwise has been disputed by an actual historian and is almost certainly being perpetuated by people who are quite simply racist.
Quote:Those whole thing didn't need apologising at all though. This is lose/lose.
Quote:Yeah, this is an L to the chuds. Shouldn't have addressed this.
Quote:Fantastic, they have now immortalized this for everyone to see for generations to come. Yasuke is now officially a "controversial subject" and developers are gonna think twice about him when previously they didn't.

Boneheaded thing to acknowledge
Quote:I can't imagine the people on the actual dev team wanted to address this at all. Seems like it would just invite even more outrage from the chuds by legitimizing their complaints as an actual issue and not just right-wingers chasing brain ghosts as usual.
Nothing to see here

Quote:Just make the game you want to make, and people will either buy it or they wont.

Quote:Who cares?

And at least wait for the game to come out to see if it's done "well", whatever that might mean to you.
Quote:I have no doubt the release will bring the conversation back up, but by that time I'm just going to be enjoying one of my favourite game series.
ERAsure of the marginalized!

Quote:It's a gateway to Ubisoft hate for some.
Not like this!
Quote:Yasuke is now officially a "controversial subject" and developers are gonna think twice about him when previously they didn't.
All those Yasuke games we could have had. Zaslav and Sony will probably demand they be big butt and big boobed Asian chicks to please white supremacists now. Existential
tbh it’s stranger than I thought. Like, the core is a weird white dude who went to Japan and decided to make fan fiction about insignificant figures in history. Somehow that was a jumping off point for other westerners to make propaganda tier shit about and claim historical accuracy. And Ubisoft, after 15+ years in this franchise, decides to make a “real” character playable. 

If they kept it fictional, there would’ve been the oddness of not having both leads Japanese in a game set in Japan like the other 30 or so games. But it’s that propaganda aspect that’s actually why it’s mentioned outside of the gaming sphere.
Racists are mad about a game that changes it music to hip hop whenever the black character gets in to a fight?
What I saw on Twitter (so could be complete Bs) was Japanese players didn’t like the language used by Ubisoft such as things like “you could have your head cut off (which is something that happened in that period of time)), and other replies such as people saying how protective Japanese people are of their culture and that’s why they are not happy with the game.

Could all be BS, but it could also be interesting if Japan do take issue with the portrayal of the period because I’m not sure how Era would react
(07-23-2024, 05:38 AM)benji wrote: [quote=https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-cant-tell-if-my-neighbors-trump-sign-is-sarcastic-or-not.933267/]

It's amazing how different those responses are to the ones in this thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/local-nashville-news-anchor-confronts-neo-nazis-when-i-look-at-you-guys-i-do-not-think-master-race.932706/
(07-23-2024, 09:47 AM)benji wrote: But that's just basing an unwarranted presumption on a bigger unwarranted presumption: that there's something else to attack on her on that nobody else has discovered in the last five years.

edit: Look, here's my problem: the actual truth of the claim is not relevant to me, my problem is accepting as self-evident a self-interested narrative that was spun up within hours by actively dishonest people who themselves believed it impossible to which there could be no evidence that proves it wrong and that itself seems premised on the very strong presumption of a hypothetical exclusive discovery of something nobody has shown to exist.

luckily, we aren't insane internet crazies so we can merely recognise there is a difference in perspective and move on with our lives without auto-deleting
(07-23-2024, 11:07 AM)Daffy Duck wrote: What I saw on Twitter (so could be complete Bs) was Japanese players didn’t like the language used by Ubisoft such as things like “you could have your head cut off (which is something that happened in that period of time)), and other replies such as people saying how protective Japanese people are of their culture and that’s why they are not happy with the game.

Could all be BS, but it could also be interesting if Japan do take issue with the portrayal of the period because I’m not sure how Era would react

More or less. There are tiers of how it goes, but at that surface it’s how much they’ve messed up details while selling it as authentic and historical. Like the reverse of how Ghost of Tsushima was received.

If you dig deeper down those tiers, well, you get conspiracies about how Tencent/China have a large stake in Ubisoft and seek to corrupt Japanese history. I don’t know how that explains the shitty looking Star Wars game. Maybe Ubisoft just stinks.
(07-23-2024, 11:09 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: luckily, we aren't insane internet crazies so we can merely recognise there is a difference in perspective and move on with our lives without auto-deleting
NO WE CAN'T Rage

(07-23-2024, 11:25 AM)Polident wrote: I don’t know how that explains the shitty looking Star Wars game. Maybe Ubisoft just stinks.
They warned us:
(07-23-2024, 10:32 AM)benji wrote:
Bolo
Assassin's Creed basically wants to have it's cake and eat it too. They'll argue that it's historically accurate to include Yasuke but then go on to talk about how it's actually just meant to be a fun videogame with a made up plot.

(07-23-2024, 11:30 AM)benji wrote:
(07-23-2024, 11:09 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: luckily, we aren't insane internet crazies so we can merely recognise there is a difference in perspective and move on with our lives without auto-deleting
NO WE CAN'T Rage

(07-23-2024, 11:25 AM)Polident wrote: I don’t know how that explains the shitty looking Star Wars game. Maybe Ubisoft just stinks.
They warned us:
(07-23-2024, 10:32 AM)benji wrote:
Bolo

It’s called being an anti capitalist. Google it.
Quote:It actually really sucks how White folks have basically polluted the waters with how many in just recent months there has been of White guys pretending to be Japanese. Hell, there is still a big Twitter account of a very blatantly racist British dude pretending to be a Japanese Man living in Japan that is still operating.

Not to mention Midori... Or that one dude who pretended to be a Teacher in Japan...

Yeah it really sucks people pretending to be things they aren’t online, lots of it all over the place…
"Just make the game you want to make"

The irony.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassins-creed-dev-team-address-the-%E2%80%9Ccontroversy%E2%80%9D.934308/page-2?post=126206310#post-126206310

Quote:Because we are in Gamergate 2.0 and suddenly everything is a controversy. The same game 5 years ago wouldn't have garnered this much attention I think.

WE ARE IN GAMERGATE 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(07-23-2024, 12:16 PM)MMaRsu wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassins-creed-dev-team-address-the-%E2%80%9Ccontroversy%E2%80%9D.934308/page-2?post=126206310#post-126206310

Quote:Because we are in Gamergate 2.0 and suddenly everything is a controversy. The same game 5 years ago wouldn't have garnered this much attention I think.

WE ARE IN GAMERGATE 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny that, isn't it? Wait, do you guys think maybe Ubisoft did it to get that attention on a video game franchise whose perception among the general audience has been languishing significantly more and more with every release?