Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Quote:Again, it's not hard to see why most of the palestinians have left or were banned
how many could there have even been?
(07-31-2024, 07:41 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: I’m just so relieved they changed the thread title.

What if someone new joined the forum and, seeing the original thread title, mistakenly assumed that posters at Era are constantly training their wives like show ponies?

Thread also died after the mod post  lol
What if your wife needs to be educated on trans opinions  Not like this!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-normal-to-be-able-to-smell-natural-gas-10-feet-from-the-meter.940902/
ponzies wrote:I had a new HVAC installed yesterday and noticed a strong gas smell. The HVAC company came out today and detected gas from the meter with their tool and did a bubble test which showed bubbles. I called the gas company and their rep came out and used his meter but he said there was no leak and the smell is from the regulator. Is this normal?

[Image: biKDJb.gif]
(07-31-2024, 02:22 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
TheEchosOfTheCyborg wrote:To be blunt, this isn't on the userbase, Elon should NEVER have been allowed to buy Twitter, no one person should be able to buy and wreck and essential service like he did and the fact that nothing has been done to intervene is a failure of our governmental and economic system. Instead of trying to push people into other services (also ran by billionaires which lets be honest, are just more quiet that Musk), we need to push our governments into taking action, to make shit like this can't happen or take down Twitter and Musk for being dangerous.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/elon-musk-takes-fire-for-posting-fake-video-of-kamala-harris.940080/page-7?post=126544041#post-126544041

It’s a private company that sold itself to a private individual. Don’t like it? Go create a government owned Twitter.

Again using the word "billionaire" as if it's some sort of insult or negative term.
(07-31-2024, 02:43 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/grubhub-drivers-keep-stealing-my-food.940836/post-126528195
Quote:So earlier this year I got the free Grubhub+ from Amazon Prime and thought "wow, what a great deal!" but it's honestly turned into a nightmare. Twice now recently, I've had instances where drivers have picked up the food, driven to my apartment building and taken a picture of the front of the building, marking the order as delivered, and then driving off with the food. I literally watched the driver do it tonight. Grubhub support is utterly useless and will just brush it off or maybe offer you a $5 coupon on your next order. This is abysmal service and I wanted to warn people this seems to be happening somewhat regularly. Probably just going to drive and get my own food from now on because I'm a very routine oriented person and expecting to have dinner at the door and getting prepared for it and then having nothing waiting for me really messes up my evening routines
Crybaby

Bonus:

Quote:I've been getting doordash 2-3 times a week for years now and have never had anything like that happen. Missing items sure, but then they'll refund you more the cost of that individual item usually. A couple times I have had the order abruptly get cancelled while the driver was already on route to me. I got refunded both times, but always wondered what happened there. Did the driver get into an accident or just say fuck it and quit in the middle of the delivery?
Aloy

Super Bonus:
Tallahassee Officer Delivers Uber Eats Order After Delivery Man's Bike Breaks Down
Quote:Tallahassee, Florida — On July 16, 2024, While delivering food on a hot summer evening, a local delivery man punctured his bicycle tire during the route. He then mistakenly dialed 911 and was met by a responding officer with the Tallahassee Police Department minutes later due to quickly hanging up the call. Noticing the man was stressed about not completing the order, the officer quickly stepped in, and it wasn’t long before the waiting customer was greeted at her doorstep by an officer with her food.

ACAB
(07-31-2024, 07:51 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-normal-to-be-able-to-smell-natural-gas-10-feet-from-the-meter.940902/
ponzies wrote:I had a new HVAC installed yesterday and noticed a strong gas smell. The HVAC company came out today and detected gas from the meter with their tool and did a bubble test which showed bubbles. I called the gas company and their rep came out and used his meter but he said there was no leak and the smell is from the regulator. Is this normal?

[Image: biKDJb.gif]

We can only hope.
(07-31-2024, 07:45 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: What if your wife needs to be educated on trans opinions  Not like this!

She needs to make a account and DM Tyrant.  If she doesn't then divorce her.  You don't want transphobes in your life like that Bolo
(07-31-2024, 06:03 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: fine, fine, I admit the choice of words was poor and thoughtless. I'll rephrase:

Does anyone have any tips for grooming my wife to become a better gamer?

EDIT: The moderator post explaining the thread title change is pretty funny too.

Snormy wrote:Yes, I noted that but chose to over ruled it and change the title any way. I value the comfort of members, particularly minority members, casually reading the forum who might find it troubling or disturbing over the chance someone might learn a lesson in wording assuming they even bothered to find the post in which you clarified and read some of the reasonings provided by others across the thread. Beyond that, while you agreed it was poorly worded in your post the thread still had members frankly being quite dismissive of the issue. It should not fall on minority members to continuously need to educate users and explain over and over again as each person come into the thread reacting to a badly worded title and then debate over it.

Don't get me wrong. I value educating others and leaving things as a moment to learn too, but it needed a bit more. Now they can learn it if they even care to by reading through the thread to follow the context. Educating members on this issue does not require the title to continue to annoy readers.

If you disagree with the decision, you can make your case in a report for a title change. It will be looked at and decided by different moderators.

Edit. I'll add a bit more to this.
I don't think you worded it that way out of malice and I can see why some are annoyed that the discussion has somewhat derailed an otherwise wholesome thread. This isn't the type of derail Resetera moderates out. A user commented that a simple and quick title change would likely have curbed the issue before it really took off and I think there is truth to that. Ideally, everyone should be able to participate and enjoy the thread without being annoyed by poor wording.
Games as a Service
...as usual.

Just tell the cancel culture arseholes to stop being arseholes you weak dog cunt.
(07-31-2024, 07:28 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-373?post=126561420#post-126561420

Grudy wrote:Also another thread locked. I'm very surprised.

It's hard not to see the pattern here. Any discussion of the Palestinian position outside of this thread ends up being locked because god forbid we actually have space to discuss a very complex topic, and a topic where most people are heavily uneducated on and unprepared to discuss with any nuance. Yet again and again, we're just a derailment and it's easier to lock our voices here in this thread.

Again, it's not hard to see why most of the palestinians have left or were banned, and the blame lies solely with the mods and the admin. The current forum policies quickly crumble when faced with the kind of position where majority are conflicted and cannot reconcile on how to feel about this issue or its history.

DSP

What Palestinians? There were none. Never have been. Just a bunch of wannabe revolutionaries sitting in the US in their parents middle class basement retweeting others. Fuck off.
But Genocide Joe Killer Kamala..
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
(07-31-2024, 07:28 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-373?post=126561420#post-126561420

Grudy wrote:Also another thread locked. I'm very surprised.

It's hard not to see the pattern here. Any discussion of the Palestinian position outside of this thread ends up being locked because god forbid we actually have space to discuss a very complex topic, and a topic where most people are heavily uneducated on and unprepared to discuss with any nuance. Yet again and again, we're just a derailment and it's easier to lock our voices here in this thread.

Again, it's not hard to see why most of the palestinians have left or were banned, and the blame lies solely with the mods and the admin. The current forum policies quickly crumble when faced with the kind of position where majority are conflicted and cannot reconcile on how to feel about this issue or its history.

If you want a conversation then don’t dogpille or mass report users that disagree with you. Obviously, you just want people get angry and get one side of the conflict (a conflict that don’t directly affect most people on the forum), you are not even allowed to say that the conflict goes beyond the end of the WWII because makes all you uncomfortable.

How much leeway you guys have just because BDubs close the threads without bans before anyone gets offended and ask why all of you are allowed to wish for politicians deaths or being outright antisemitic.
(07-31-2024, 06:01 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
(07-30-2024, 02:27 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-372?post=126483444#post-126483444

lori wrote:I'm just thinking of how many people have caught bans for saying this state should not exist.

Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory meta commentary

I like that what the mods deemed banworthy was not that he was pretty explicitly endorsing killing all Israeli citizens (the group being discussed in the post he's responding to), but rather that he criticized the mods with meta commentary. lol They're just the absolute worst.
But I should be able to create a Pro Palestinian thread with the intended purpose to banbait others!
Trump said something really stupid, let’s see if RE can match him

Foolhardy wrote:How the hell does she not throw the chair at him.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-nukes-latest-appearance-says-kamala-harris-is-pretending-to-be-black.941583/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/going-to-movies-alone-is-an-underrated-activity.941709/
Quote:SilentEagle

I've watched Deadpool & Wolverine today. It was probably the first movie I went alone after since 2016. I forgot about how it feels like a therapy. When I was waiting for the movie to start, it was like a dream. I wasn't thinking about my life or problems. Just me and the movie. I should do it more often but other than Gladiator II, I don't have interest in any other 2024 movies.
Mike
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-is-the-best-way-for-you-to-clean-yourself-after-number-two.941094/

More literal shit threads.

Bdums- "Why is my forum dying?"
Busaiku wrote:He wants to get black incels.
Slayven wrote:The scientific name is "Hoteps"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-nukes-latest-appearance-says-kamala-harris-is-pretending-to-be-black.941583/page-4

You mean, Nepenthe.
(07-31-2024, 07:41 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: I’m just so relieved they changed the thread title.

What if someone new joined the forum and, seeing the original thread title, mistakenly assumed that posters at Era are constantly training their wives like show ponies?

I'm more irritated by the fact that the title now makes fuck all sense lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kevin-costner%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98horizon-2%E2%80%99-pulled-from-august-release-in-theaters.924000/post-125641509

Quote:ZeoVGM

Love seeing a big ego backfire.

This guy has sitcom levels of unawareness.
(07-31-2024, 10:04 PM)wizardora wrote:

lmao I thought the URL had shortened it or something. It's really 

Recommend games to help improve at It Takes Two

The word 'wife' was officially considered too inflammatory  lol
(07-31-2024, 10:15 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: The word 'wife' was officially considered too inflammatory  lol

Hit incel hollers.
Scheris wrote:Listening to those initial videos in the thread was like listening to the racist/sexist tirade my douchbag father would go on when he was still alive.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-nukes-latest-appearance-says-kamala-harris-is-pretending-to-be-black.941583/page-14
(07-31-2024, 10:15 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(07-31-2024, 10:04 PM)wizardora wrote:

lmao I thought the URL had shortened it or something. It's really 

Recommend games to help improve at It Takes Two

The word 'wife' was officially considered too inflammatory  lol
It's about time. People don't know the trauma the word "wife" causes us divorce sufferers. Divorce is a condition that affects many older men, such as myself.

And before you ask "Why don't you get married again?" Remember, not everyone can afford a wedding. Thinking anyone can get married is coming from a place of privilege. Do better.
NCR Ranger wrote:I grew up with pretty much every old white person telling me they were 1\16 Cherokee, or half German half Irish, or something and now they are pretending they can't understand someone being black and Indian.

Honest question, not a Trump defense at all, but how do you define black? Because your examples are ethnic.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
Quote:Outside of the disaster of this appearance, the maggots are all tripling down on this line of attack.

What exactly are they trying to accomplish with this? Who is this for? They don't need to fire up the base, the base is already there! What are they thinking? "Well, I was gonna vote for Kamala but she's not actually black, so now I'll vote Trump instead!"

This has to be some of the stupidest messaging I've seen in politics.

Flyinj wrote:They are trying to normalize racism so that white "undecideds" feel comfortable with it and thus feel comfortable voting for an extreme racist like Trump.

You could just say “they are racist idiots” just to no sound stupid yourself.  Yeshrug
(07-31-2024, 10:43 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
NCR Ranger wrote:I grew up with pretty much every old white person telling me they were 1\16 Cherokee, or half German half Irish, or something and now they are pretending they can't understand someone being black and Indian.

Honest question, not a Trump defense at all, but how do you define black? Because your examples are ethnic.

it's kind of fucking obvious she's pretending she has more in common than she does by code switching around certain populations

I don't 

that's all that needs to be said

but it's more fun/inflammatory to be imprecise and upset a bunch of people
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Nintex
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sheets-recs.941784/
Quote:Hello! I need new sheets. Immediately. I am fond of the sheets I have but not enough to buy them again, since they fucking broke and betrayed me in the end. I don't like a wildly high thread count…too warm. 300ish seems ideal. What ya got?

Requirements:
Resistant to gay sex
Not white
Reasonably comfy on a nightly basis

Thanks

So, you want homophobic sheets?
Just put a towel down, morons.
They order food instead of getting shit from the pantry putting down the towel is too much work, and towels rarely get used because they bathe twice a month.