Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(07-19-2023, 02:01 AM)FUME5 wrote: Who is the biggest pissbaby in need of validation from a videogame forum, tabris, nothing loud or planet smasher?

Yes.
(07-19-2023, 02:01 AM)FUME5 wrote: Who is the biggest pissbaby in need of validation from a videogame forum, tabris, nothing loud or planet smasher?
Nepenthe.
tabris is the sanest character there. And based on the pictures, we know he at least can hold onto a job.
(07-18-2023, 11:42 PM)nampad wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-go-in-this-water-slide.742932/post-109063764
Revolutionary armed with a hookup knife wrote:Considering I can't swim, nope.

Win
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(07-19-2023, 02:09 AM)books wrote: tabris is the sanest character there. And based on the pictures, we know he at least can hold onto a job.

Makes his need for validation even worse tbh.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth

It's always Tabris.

Did you know he eats at Michelin star restaurants? Or that his apartment is very expensive™©®? Or that his IKEA furniture is very exclusive?
3 users liked this post: killamajig, FUME5, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/strange-missing-person-case-in-hoover-alabama-up-found-taken-to-hospital.742368/page-12#post-109165793

Diarrhea Day-Lewis wrote:I am happy she is home. I hope she can heal from whatever the hell it is that happen. I am still very concerned for the toddler, hope that toddler is safe as well
Jussie
Can't wait until incelsiorlef or whoever posts this non-conspiracy-theory and all the "allies" ignore it!

https://translash.org/transcript-capturing-the-new-york-times/ wrote:‘Capturing The New York Times’
The Anti-Trans Hate Machine: A Plot Against Equality

“I describe it almost like a cult, right? Because it’s, it’s a culture that you imbibe from the people who are there before you. And once you drink the Kool-Aid, I become then a, a vessel for passing that on to others”

I’m Imara Jones, and this is The Anti-Trans Hate Machine: A Plot Against Equality.

Today, we’re taking a deep dive inside the news organization that people wake up to every day to check. The paper that captures the most pressing headlines of our time. The news source that people all around the world turn to, to find out what matters. And for journalists, to find out the stories worth covering. The New York Times.

The journey that we are going on today means telling hard truths about The Times.  How the paper of record has been co opted.

Understanding how this happened means going inside a powerful media organization—all the way to the top. It’s there, among senior leadership, that decisions are made about what to cover and how to cover it. And it’s there at the top that we can see how the corruption of journalistic standards happened.

With disinformation now rife in its pages, the paper of record has become a disinformer’s wildest dream. The Times is now used to justify anti trans legislation. And it helps fuel the culture of skepticism and hostility towards trans people.

The successful capturing of the Times by disinformers seriously erodes the idea that the paper is a neutral authority committed to objectivity. The co-opting of the Times is a major victory of Christian Nationalists. The bottom line is that when it comes to trans people, the paper has become an agent of authoritarians.

Our guide through this world is a journalist we’re calling Harper. They’re a former Times staffer who was courted by the paper, rose through the ranks, and found themselves in the heart of the newsroom and face to face with Times leadership. We’ve changed their voice for protection.

It’s through Harper’s experience that we can understand how this media empire operates, and why insidious myths being pushed by the Anti-trans hate machine are increasingly splashed across its pages.

(07-18-2023, 08:51 PM)AldusMoneyPenny wrote:
(07-18-2023, 07:12 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/curious-how-many-academic-degrees-do-era-members-have-on-average.743600/

Nothing Loud wrote:How educated is the average Era viewer and member? I’m curious but I’d wager probably around 1.5 degrees. However, we will see with the poll. How educated are you? What are your degrees in? Why did you choose to study that field?

I have 2 degrees. I finish my PhD next year but my program did not award me a masters along the way so I just have my high school and university bachelors diplomas. But next year I’ll have my PhD diploma which will be nice.

BS: Chemical Engineering
PhD: Bioengineering & Data Science
Did it cuz I like cutting edge biomedical research and das what I do! Smile
 Egomaniac

Is he...counting his high school diploma as a degree? Or is he pre-counting a PhD that he doesn't have yet?
I think he's counting the masters he didn't get.

Hecht wrote:4
BS: Mathematics, Computer Science
Master’s: MBA
Got bored and went back to school later for a BS in Game Design
Hecht wrote:I mostly did it just because I wanted to (I have VA benefits, I understand not everyone can just go do that). Other than doing it as a hobby I really don’t have any desire to actually go work for a game developer. CS was useful though since even though it was focused on C++, it helped me understand a lot of how code works, so picking up other languages is not that big of a deal (I still have to learn all the different syntax, but I at least don’t have to start from scratch each time).
Wut

Quote:1 Bachellor's (English Philology) and 2 Master's (Gender Studies, Teaching).
lol

Thordinson wrote:Two. GED and Bachelor’s.

But I am going back to school to get my J.D. next year so I should have 3 in the near future.

Not too bad for being court ordered to drop out of high school and get a GED.
Dead

Pau wrote:According to someone at my conference presentation the other day, I'm a sellout because I went to industry with my Master's instead of getting my PhD and staying in academia.

And people wonder why there aren't that many Latinas in this field.
Popular

Quote:Bachelors of Mathematics in Computer Science
Wut

Quote:Have a masters in video game development shit. Went back to school after getting my BA because the recruiters weren't exactly lining up to hand offers to a 22 year old with a History degree and no real job experience.
Dead

Quote:BA in Film
BA in Animation

If I can get the money I'd love to study English Literature
Quote:BSc.: Physics with Materials Science
PhD: Materials Science

Decades later…

MA: Screenwriting
Some of these mang...

Quote:I have a BA in African American Studies with a minor in Public Health, and a Master of Public Health.
Look, a cop.

Quote:I feel I'm of lower intelligence than the majority of this board. There's no qualifications to sign up here or anything but I get the vibe people on here are smarter than me in virtually every metric that matters bar obscure trivia about kid stuff.

I noticed a distinct lack of prominent members in this thread.
Era: Higher education is out reach of most US citizens.

Also era: I have several completely useless degrees and postgraduate qualifications.
Okay, I found Hecht. I won't post him unless he brags about never being doxed by the hate stalkers despite their endless daily searching again. Got the same first name as Null of Kiwi Farms. He was in the Chair Force as many suspected.

His Bachelors of Applied Science (i.e. not a BS) in Game Design is from a community college, and I'm very skeptical his Mathematics and Computer Science Bachelors are two separate degrees rather than a double major. Typical move by assholes, surprised he doesn't have his GPA on his resume. He seems to have briefly been an adjunct at the community college.

The game currently free on GOG was developed by the Department Chair that Hecht had, he seems to be the only actual developer on the faculty: https://www.gog.com/en/game/betrayer

I found him like half an hour ago but I was looking at this Game Design shit and then I tried to find his house.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-soldier-crosses-border-into-north-korea-taken-into-custody.743478/page-3

Quote:The military has dipshits in it just like any other institution. Especially at the lower levels. That's what's makes recent concerns from conservatives about diversity somehow lowering recruiting standards even more laughable.

Uh… while you are not wrong… look for the photo of the deserter.
My BSc isn't taught anymore, do I win?
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
(07-19-2023, 05:29 AM)FUME5 wrote: My BSc isn't taught anymore, do I win?
No, getting a degree in Phrenology is very problematic.
(07-19-2023, 04:08 AM)benji wrote:
Thordinson wrote:Two. GED and Bachelor’s.

But I am going back to school to get my J.D. next year so I should have 3 in the near future.

Not too bad for being court ordered to drop out of high school and get a GED.

What does one have to do to be court ordered to drop out of high school? ???
(07-19-2023, 05:45 AM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote: What does one have to do to be court ordered to drop out of high school? ???
Thordinson, https://www.resetera.com/threads/high-school-drop-out-era.128870/post-22728702 wrote:I'm a high school drop out. I was charged with criminal truancy. I ended up having to do lots of community service and was court ordered to get my GED which was a good thing because I got it about two weeks after I dropped out. I eventually went on to go to community college then university and am about to graduate in Spring with honors. I'm in the process of applying to grad schools as well. I struggled with my mental health far more then than I do now which lead to me not wanting to go to high school. I took the path of most resistance and it's surreal to think I'll be graduating college soon. I'm doing pretty well.

Also in that thread:
Android Sophia wrote:Was an A/A+ student until social anxiety, autism, and gender dysphoria got the best of me in middle school.

Dropped out at high school, self-taught/homeschooled. Got my GED when I turned 18.
Robin wrote:Hey there! I was a high school drop out! Have a bachelors degree now and working an office job that is about as happy as can reasonably be expected.

I went to a private catholic school for three years, always a D to F student, passing just barely enough classes to retake two in summer and retake others the next year, just barely keeping up enough to not stay back. I could go into why this was the case but, closet gay, closet trans, Catholic school, etc. You get the idea. They kicked me out after my junior year, which they would do a lot to keep their "99% of our students go on to college" statistic in check, etc. I had also clashed a bit with staff.

After that I went to public school my senior year, everything was new, couldn't handle it. Pretty much started skipping all my classes and never going. I had lots of friends but I was spending most of my nights on the internet and sleeping through the days, and my parents never questioned my lies when I covered things up as they were dealing with their own shit. So I dropped out in the second semester.

After high school I went straight into night school the next year, this was probably around the time my life started getting better. Still depressed but with things being easier and getting little victories in school, I started caring more and getting good grades, which was also the case whenever I went to summer school, basically a wake-up moment.

Then community college for three years. Then I managed to get into a modest but actual four year school. Started getting to do the things I wanted to do with my life. Came out as trans and gay. Started living. Graduated. Had some bad jobs, had some good jobs. For the first time I have a girlfriend I've been with for longer than 6 months, and I'm happy. Work still feels like a grind, but it's one I can live doing everyday.

What's really crazy about it is I still to this day have dreams about being a high school or college fuck up. Things in my life are better and I'm really glad to be out of that state of my life, but it stays with you.
Shy wrote:I became agoraphobic. So didn't finish secondary school.

I don't have a job, or any qualifications either.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Thordison wrote:I'm a high school drop out. I was charged with criminal truancy. I ended up having to do lots of community service and was court ordered to get my GED which was a good thing because I got it about two weeks after I dropped out. I eventually went on to go to community college then university and am about to graduate in Spring with honors. I'm in the process of applying to grad schools as well. I struggled with my mental health far more then than I do now which lead to me not wanting to go to high school. I took the path of most resistance and it's surreal to think I'll be graduating college soon. I'm doing pretty well.

Good for him, I will not mock him for that.
(07-19-2023, 05:30 AM)benji wrote:
(07-19-2023, 05:29 AM)FUME5 wrote: My BSc isn't taught anymore, do I win?
No, getting a degree in Phrenology is very problematic.

Trepanning actually.
5 users liked this post: Uncle, killamajig, Switters, Taco Bell Tower, benji
(07-19-2023, 05:57 AM)benji wrote:
(07-19-2023, 05:45 AM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote: What does one have to do to be court ordered to drop out of high school? ???
Thordinson, https://www.resetera.com/threads/high-school-drop-out-era.128870/post-22728702 wrote:I'm a high school drop out. I was charged with criminal truancy. I ended up having to do lots of community service and was court ordered to get my GED which was a good thing because I got it about two weeks after I dropped out. I eventually went on to go to community college then university and am about to graduate in Spring with honors. I'm in the process of applying to grad schools as well. I struggled with my mental health far more then than I do now which lead to me not wanting to go to high school. I took the path of most resistance and it's surreal to think I'll be graduating college soon. I'm doing pretty well.

Also in that thread:
Android Sophia wrote:Was an A/A+ student until social anxiety, autism, and gender dysphoria got the best of me in middle school.

Dropped out at high school, self-taught/homeschooled. Got my GED when I turned 18.
Robin wrote:Hey there! I was a high school drop out! Have a bachelors degree now and working an office job that is about as happy as can reasonably be expected.

I went to a private catholic school for three years, always a D to F student, passing just barely enough classes to retake two in summer and retake others the next year, just barely keeping up enough to not stay back. I could go into why this was the case but, closet gay, closet trans, Catholic school, etc. You get the idea. They kicked me out after my junior year, which they would do a lot to keep their "99% of our students go on to college" statistic in check, etc. I had also clashed a bit with staff.

After that I went to public school my senior year, everything was new, couldn't handle it. Pretty much started skipping all my classes and never going. I had lots of friends but I was spending most of my nights on the internet and sleeping through the days, and my parents never questioned my lies when I covered things up as they were dealing with their own shit. So I dropped out in the second semester.

After high school I went straight into night school the next year, this was probably around the time my life started getting better. Still depressed but with things being easier and getting little victories in school, I started caring more and getting good grades, which was also the case whenever I went to summer school, basically a wake-up moment.

Then community college for three years. Then I managed to get into a modest but actual four year school. Started getting to do the things I wanted to do with my life. Came out as trans and gay. Started living. Graduated. Had some bad jobs, had some good jobs. For the first time I have a girlfriend I've been with for longer than 6 months, and I'm happy. Work still feels like a grind, but it's one I can live doing everyday.

What's really crazy about it is I still to this day have dreams about being a high school or college fuck up. Things in my life are better and I'm really glad to be out of that state of my life, but it stays with you.
Shy wrote:I became agoraphobic. So didn't finish secondary school.

I don't have a job, or any qualifications either.

Wait, hold on a second here

You're telling me these middle class american liberals who are mad at their dads are idiots and academically incompetent, and that a bunch of the loudest prominent members who demand everyone bend to their ideology unquestioningly didn't even finish school?

:dolezel
I mean, I think Excel works in a supermarket and Nephente is a pharmacy clerk.
It's no wonder Nothing Loud feels like he's a king on there, the one eyed man in the land of the blind thanks to his degree in butthole studies from bovine university
Is it normal to habe more than one Bachelor degree or are they just wasting time because they don’t know what to do? Or are double majors so common in the US?

Don’t really see this happening over here in Europe.
3 users liked this post: HaughtyFrank, AldusMoneyPenny, Taco Bell Tower
Surprised Planetsmasher wasn't in that thread bragging about the 20 years of comedy night class.
nampad dateline='[url=tel:1689759508' wrote: 1689759508[/url]']
Is it normal to habe more than one Bachelor degree or are they just wasting time because they don’t know what to do? Or are double majors so common in the US?

Probably means they just get to continually live as a child without having to have any responsibility so they can continue to post shit on a video game forum instead of living a life
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
(07-19-2023, 04:24 AM)Potato wrote: Era: Higher education is out reach of most US citizens.

Also era: I have several completely useless degrees and postgraduate qualifications.

No wonder they're so big on student loan forgiveness.
3 users liked this post: Potato, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
You mean these prominent Era members are social outcasts who failed, but lived off mommy, and daddies income forever, and spend most of their time copy, and pasting articles all day everyday?
(07-19-2023, 08:41 AM)Boredfrom wrote: I mean, I think Excel works in a supermarket and Nephente is a pharmacy clerk.

IIRC Neppy quit the pharmacy (couldn't handle dealing with whitey) and is now doing art on some crappy indie game and making fursuits.  But Incel is indeed a 40 year old overnight shelf stocker.  

(07-19-2023, 09:38 AM)nampad wrote: Is it normal to habe more than one Bachelor degree or are they just wasting time because they don’t know what to do? Or are double majors so common in the US?

It's not really normal, but there's a good number of perpetual students who stay in college pursuing useless degrees so they don't have to go out into the real world.
2 users liked this post: Boredfrom, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/strange-missing-person-case-in-hoover-alabama-up-found-taken-to-hospital.742368/page-12#post-109174396

FliX wrote:Seeing as the thread has been discussing a lot of unverified and unsubstantiated information we don't feel its appropriate to keep open.
If something substantial happens feel free to create a new thread.
"Seeing as how it's becoming clearer that this was a hoax and prominent members were wrong we don't feel it's appropriate to keep this thread open.
When she is charged feel free to create a new thread that we will quickly find an excuse to close."
Jussie
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-consider-myself-pretty-hip-and-worldy-down-with-the-kids-but-fuck-if-i-know-what-this-trend-is-do-anyone-know-the-term-for-it.742284/page-9#post-109086666

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary Around Ableist Rhetoric
DevilMayGuy wrote:
FatalT wrote:Let me rephrase then.

You shouldn’t be calling anyone smooth brained. That’s fucked.
Nah calling people dumb is fine. It’s just a more fun way of saying dumb imo.

This TikTok shit seems weird to me but what do I know. Probably not hurting anybody
2 users liked this post: MJBarret, Taco Bell Tower
I suppose it's skewed by the fact that the people with real careers and educations who are left on there are the ones not dumb enough to broadcast it in case Torquemada Nepenthe decides to proscribe them and confiscate their villa
5 users liked this post: benji, Potato, Boredfrom, Taco Bell Tower, Propagandhim