Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(08-21-2024, 10:53 PM)D3RANG3D wrote:
Spoiler:  (click to show)

I love how a show that was "set up to fail" was given a budget which would dwarf most feature films and the director given complete creative control.

Disney even fails at setting something up to fail.
(08-21-2024, 11:52 PM)Uncle wrote: as a cis straight man I sometimes put cheese sauce on my cauliflower

You monster!!!
literally shaking
4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, Uncle
even lovely christine chandler has her gender on her driver's license  Embarrassed

https://youtu.be/f1agQE9Hr08?t=198
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
(08-22-2024, 12:31 AM)ComeAgain wrote: Sorry gay men, you are now in the trash heap with us cis straight dudes. WELCOME!  HEAD TO TOE SOUL PLAYA

But only the white ones...
Rollsafe
has anyone made a list of...I don't know what the fuck to call them with a non-poisoned term

fuck it, "woke" failures

literally just now we have the Acolyte, Concord, Dust Born

but it feels like there are endless examples in recent memory

Forspoken, Saint's Row, Goodbye Volcano High, Velma, The Marvels, I Am Not Starfire
benji dateline='[url=tel:1724277945' wrote: 1724277945[/url]']
Slayven wrote:Damn, Super Sayian levels of "I got mine"
andymoogle wrote:You are literally next in line after trans people for fascists. Fucking idiots.
Quote:This. Their stupidity never fails to amaze me.
Quote:He doesn't want Pinknews to be seen as "some sort of charity" for the trans community

What a comically evil thing to say.
Quote:This was awful to hear about, PinkNews was my go to for queer news sources but now I've got to hunt down another, because I'm not supporting people all too happy to throw other marginalised communities under the bus to suit their own whims.
Quote:Give some people money and the privilege that comes with it, and this is what happens. Fuck you, you marginalized, targeted individuals, got mine.
Quote:Yeah, that's so stupid. Facists just found easier victims, they are not done with yoi.
Quote:Yeah white supremacy weaves its way into everything.
Daphne wrote:Oh ffs, this is so disappointing but also I'm not exactly surprised after experiencing other shitty people like this in the gay community. You'd think they'd understand and empathise with people in the community a bit different from them given their own experiences of discrimination, but no. You'd think they would understand what equality means and have some damn ethics, but no. You'd think they'd at least selfishly understand that they will be next on the list after trans people, but no.

Other posters have it right: some people get a little privilege and they can't fucking help themselves from pulling the damn ladder up, punching down and acting like assholes.

And I used this website, so it sucks one of our few media resources is unusable with all this. They need to resign and get fucked.
Quote:expert level "pulling the ladder up"
Quote:As a gay dude myself this is something I truly don't understand in this community. I see so many gay people being anti-trans as if gays aren't the next on the list for these conservative assholes. It is mind boggling and legitimately disgusts me.
Quote:Same, as I have also experienced it and I just can't wrap my head around it or abide it either. Not with the alt right chomping at the bit to do their heinous shit.
Quote:it never ceases to amaze how quickly people can punch down the SECOND they get on what they think is equal footing with the privileged.
Quote:When the chips are down, they would rather sell others down the river just to keep making more money.
This is why they demand "solidarity" so they can control what views you're allowed to have.

And essentially arguing that they'll deserve it if fascists come for them for not supporting others.

Where was this vitriol when the Gawker gay dude owner forcing people out of the closet? But that's none of my business... 

It was not only Peter Thiel.
(08-22-2024, 01:08 AM)Uncle wrote: has anyone made a list of...I don't know what the fuck to call them with a non-poisoned term

fuck it, "woke" failures

literally just now we have the Acolyte, Concord, Dust Born

but it feels like there are endless examples in recent memory

Forspoken, Saint's Row, Goodbye Volcano High, Velma, The Marvels, I Am Not Starfire

It'd be quicker to list the successes
(08-22-2024, 12:55 AM)Potato wrote:

I love how a show that was "set up to fail" was given a budget which would dwarf most feature films and the director given complete creative control.

It's so over Acolyte bros
(08-21-2024, 11:52 PM)Uncle wrote: as a cis straight man I sometimes put cheese sauce on my cauliflower

stop it
(08-22-2024, 01:16 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

[Image: 910slb.jpg]
(08-22-2024, 01:16 AM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote:

stop it

Don't fetish shame bro
Batmayne

Lie back and think of England

Yeah, no, I doubt it had any merch except a shirt from Hot Topic. I even checked after I saw that, and even Reddit wasn’t sure if they’d release any product. This is just some nerd fishing for anything to complain about. With Disney struggling to move most Star Wars merch, I doubt they’d release a ton of merchandise for something that’s relatively new, and isn’t guaranteed to sell.
it's time to pray the gays away my trans brothers and sisters.  Hmph
(08-21-2024, 08:02 PM)Nintex wrote:
(08-21-2024, 07:41 PM)Ethan wrote:
(08-21-2024, 07:08 PM)Nintex wrote: I prefer whatever the Chinese produce to whatever the fuck this is.

It's perfectly fine to make a "progressive" video game with a diverse and non-conventional cast, but this game seems to lack a bit of...subtlety. Still, I'm kinda curious to try it or at least watch a playthrough because it could be in "so bad it's good" territory.

Also, how come it looks so similar to that volcano game with the dino furries? Similar art style, apocalyptic setting, merry band of weirdos, basic guitar hero gameplay, etc.
It's the only type of gameplay that works on their retard controllers Trumps

they really should've put more effort into those animations.
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
The force is female!

Feeemales
https://www.resetera.com/threads/you-get-100k-every-time-you-press-a-button-but-you-also-permanently-lose-1-iq-point-how-many-times-are-you-pressing.960294/#post-127507650

Literally no thread is safe
Bro posted a 2+ hour video like it's a dunk.

lol
4 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, killamajig, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(08-22-2024, 12:37 AM)Potato wrote:
(08-21-2024, 09:44 PM)ClothedMac wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pinknews-ceo-benjamin-cohen-and-husband-have-been-caught-hating-on-trans-and-autistic-people-plus-many-more-heinous-exploits.960255/#post-127506660
echoshifting wrote:We are uniquely positioned to acquire shitty traits of privilege, because we are indoctrinated as boys into the same sense of patriarchal entitlement as cishet men, long before anyone knows we're gay

How does this not apply to the chicks with dicks as well?

Its funny talk to a couple of lesbians who are comfortable of not being cancelled and they’ll tell you how a lot of these trans women bring all their male arrogance, lust for women and conveniently their cocks to their new female identity. We see examples of that kind of behaviour on Reeee everyday. The Burqa thread is peak male arrogance.

I have female friends who are legitimately scared of how these people operate. No criticism allowed, just obedience. 

When you move in ‘liberal’ circles the fear is being labelled a bigot for questioning anything, shit is sad to see. I was at a Pride party over the weekend and when it was just us close friends left, none of whom are trans, mostly gay and lesbian, a few queers. There is major frustration in how the movement has been hijacked. And to speak up about it is to potentially have your livelihood threatened so everyone keeps quiet for fear of getting called a ‘TERF'

So this is what caused the trans genocide  nooooo
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia

It's basically the corporate version of when idiots destroy property and they're like the insurance will pay for it. ™
Trumps
https://www.resetera.com/threads/shift-up-tells-investors-they-are-preparing-to-release-stellar-blade-on-pc-in-the-near-future-expect-it-to-perform-even-better-on-pc-than-consoles.959310/#post-127480152

Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): Inflammatory platform wars rhetoric
Chief Malik wrote:Gooner game for the gooner platform, I expect it to be huge.
(08-22-2024, 01:45 AM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/you-get-100k-every-time-you-press-a-button-but-you-also-permanently-lose-1-iq-point-how-many-times-are-you-pressing.960294/#post-127507650

Literally no thread is safe

mother fucker you know what the question is asking, just pretend it was worded differently, jesus

"for the sake of argument and this specific question, assume intelligence can be measured on a scale of 1 to 200, wild I know, haha imagine if we lived in such a world, but yeah would you press this button"
(08-21-2024, 04:04 PM)benji wrote: "Women have different social roles and duties than men" is also the position of the trans movement, so Phil needs to watch his ass. ufup

To be fair, I have a feeling he would struggle with the average pickle jar as well
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukongs-content-creator-guidelines-include-not-mentioning-feminist-propaganda-politics-etc%E2%80%99-up-confirmed.955914/page-22#post-127493547

Quote: Cop User banned (2 months): Concern trolling around misogyny. Account in junior phase.
val_f wrote:One thing I've been a little confused about is, aside from the use of crude language in online posts and that alleged company party where employees were portraying certain stereotypes in skits meant to be humorous, has there been any allegation of sexual harassment of specific persons?

I don't mean to make light of the problematic language use, but just want to understand whether this is some Activation-caliber scandal or just "devs not realizing they shouldn't talk like teenage edgelords or Elon Musk online."

On the bigger picture, I think one thing that may help to keep in mind is in this type of discussions, sometimes even the definition of certain terms aren't the same from both sides. Like you could think of feminism as fighting for equal rights and against misogyny, but the person arguing with you has come to associate the term foremost with virtue signaling and trying to control ppl, just because of vastly different personal experiences. My point, if there is one, would be to try not to apply labels too readily but focus on discussing the details of what you disagree on.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-has-hit-2-2m-concurrent-players-on-steam.957483/page-15#post-127417827
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory stereotyping
Merton wrote:
SofNascimento wrote:How.
[Image: 2341995-tumblr_mb1fkq3w2s1qd1xgc.png]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-has-hit-2-2m-concurrent-players-on-steam.957483/page-18#post-127458339
Quote: Cop User banned (permanent): dismissing sexism and homophobia
Cmdr Krunch wrote:Another breakaway hit from china, queue people dumbfounded that china has the biggest entertainment market in the world. Queue people also dumbfounded that chinese devs give no shits whatsoever about pleasing westerners.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-has-hit-2-2m-concurrent-players-on-steam.957483/page-21#post-127504203
Quote: Cop User banned (permanent): Dismissive commentary; account in junior phase
RandomKingPlayer wrote:
Servbot24 wrote:ERA tends to vastly overestimate how much normal people know about this stuff. 99% of people have no idea what statements or policies video game developers have. Of the people who do know, 95% don't care. That's not to diminish the importance of the issues, but it's almost never going to translate into any noticeable sales impact.
The game is very good. Congratulations to the studio for having achieved these records. I know it has had a lot of controversy, but personally I don't care at all. I just want to play a game. For politics, I am going to vote every 4 years in my country.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyt-at-m-i-t-black-and-latino-enrollment-drops-sharply-after-affirmative-action-ban.960528/

Quote:https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/21/us/mit-black-latino-enrollment-affirmative-action.html
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology's incoming class of 2028 saw a precipitous drop-off in the percentage of Black, Hispanic, Native American and Pacific Islander students, the university announced on Wednesday. It is M.I.T.'s first undergraduate class to be admitted since the U.S. Supreme Court's decision last year banning affirmative action, and M.I.T. is the first major university to release statistics on the composition of its freshman class since the high court's ruling.

For the incoming class of 2028, about 16 percent of students are Black, Hispanic, Native American and Pacific Islander, compared with a baseline of about 25 percent of undergraduate students in recent years, the announcement said.

The comparison to the class of 2027 was also dramatic. The percentage of Black students enrolled dropped to 5 percent from 15 percent, and the percentage of Hispanic and Latino students dropped to 11 percent from 16 percent. White students made up 37 percent of the new class, compared with 38 percent last year.

On the other hand, the percentage of Asian American students in the class jumped to 47 percent from 40 percent. (The percentages do not add up to 100, according to M.I.T., because students could declare more than one race.)
Miyamoto
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anybody-been-following-the-blake-lively-%E2%80%9Cit-ends-with-us%E2%80%9D-controversy.953472/#post-127188225

Quote: Cop User Banned (3 Days): Sexist Generalization
Spinluck wrote:No one does passive aggressiveness like rich white women.
THE CHINAMEN WIN AGAIN
2 users liked this post: Uncle, Taco Bell Tower
(08-22-2024, 01:26 AM)DocWager wrote:

Yeah, no, I doubt it had any merch except a shirt from Hot Topic. I even checked after I saw that, and even Reddit wasn’t sure if they’d release any product. This is just some nerd fishing for anything to complain about. With Disney struggling to move most Star Wars merch, I doubt they’d release a ton of merchandise for something that’s relatively new, and isn’t guaranteed to sell.
I mean, yeah, Disney was sending this out to fail so of course they didn't put any merch out to push it like they would for a white led series. Now they're going to delete it off Disney+ to show support to the chuds and write it off their taxes. Fucking ZASLAV started this whole thing.