Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fragments-of-previously-%E2%80%98lost%E2%80%99-euripides-tragedies-have-been-translated.974775/

Quote:Edmond Dantès

Always preferred Sophocles over Euripides, but this is fascinating nonetheless.

I much prefer when he talks about his rich guy hobbies or LotR. His constant "Look how smart I am" archaeology posts are too much   Egomaniac

And I love it when he cries about all the stolen artifacts when we damn well know that if we left it with his dumbass countryman they would have smashed it or sold off to westerners anyways. His backward Muslim friends still do it now. And speaking of backward Muslims we all know what they love to do with artifacts. He should be on his knees kissing our white asses that we save that shit and didn't leave it to the Egyptians or any of those other Muslim dipshits. 

There was that one thread where Syrian artifacts were stolen and brought back to the United States. They were confiscated and people in that thread were legitimately saying we should repatriate it back to Syria. Do they not know the situation there?

If it was up to me we should take those things out of those shit hole countries that can't keep care of them anyways. They don't even care about their own history.
(09-07-2024, 02:37 PM)BIONIC wrote: All within the last few hours:

PlanetSmasher, post: 128310654, member: 6260 wrote:Maybe we should just stop sharing Midori's tweets, even if they have real information in them. The guy is obsessed with engagement and the only way to make him learn is to stop feeding him attention.

PlanetSmasher, post: 128310939, member: 6260 wrote:In case we forget, this is the guy who created a racist caricature of a fake Japanese woman that he posed as for over a year in order to get attention for his fake leaks.

He does not deserve to be treated as a legitimate information source.

PlanetSmasher, post: 128311188, member: 6260 wrote:"Midori corroborated it" basically means "this actually isn't happening"

PlanetSmasher, post: 128311227, member: 6260 wrote:It's insane. How the fuck have people not learned that that idiot doesn't actually know fucking anything and will chime in on every single rumor out of a desperate need for engagement?

PlanetSmasher, post: 128311275, member: 6260 wrote:He supports any rumor that will get attention for his Twitter account. This is what he does.

PlanetSmasher, post: 128311719, member: 6260 wrote:What people need to understand is that Midori's whole strategy every time they've been a "leaker" has been to find some legitimate information and disseminate it (every time he's done this, it's been genuine Sega/Atlus stuff) and then immediately boomerang into weighing in on and manufacturing fake leaks from every company possible from Square Enix to Nintendo to Sony because people are so thirsty that leaks about those companies get shared around with absolutely no attempt at fact-checking.

It's basically "get a 'track record' so my Twitter gets attention, then immediately weaponize that attention for engagement farming". It's an addiction.

Someone is upset that they weren’t taken seriously when they pretended to be a Japanese schoolgirl Goldberg

YorkshireDaveUK wrote:Not too dissimilar to you having to have one of the earliest posts in almost every thread. News is news.

Hesright 

planet smasher wrote:Do you even know why I'm calling Midori out or do you just need to get an unwarranted personal attack in?

The guy is a known liar who formed a racist fake persona to spread false leaks. Just because he has some actual gameplay video doesn't mean we should be signal boosting his account.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leaked-early-development-footage-of-the-shinobi-and-crazy-taxi-reboots.974709/page-2#post-128313783

Rondesoy
(09-07-2024, 05:24 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fragments-of-previously-%E2%80%98lost%E2%80%99-euripides-tragedies-have-been-translated.974775/

I much prefer when he talks about his rich guy hobbies or LotR. His constant "Look how smart I am" archaeology posts are too much   Egomaniac

And I love it when he cries about all the stolen artifacts when we damn well know that if we left it with his dumbass countryman they would have smashed it or sold off to westerners anyways. His backward Muslim friends still do it now. And speaking of backward Muslims we all know what they love to do with artifacts. He should be on his knees kissing our white asses that we save that shit and didn't leave it to the Egyptians or any of those other Muslim dipshits. 

There was that one thread where Syrian artifacts were stolen and brought back to the United States. They were confiscated and people in that thread were legitimately saying we should repatriate it back to Syria. Do they not know the situation there?

If it was up to me we should take those things out of those shit hole countries that can't keep care of them anyways. They don't even care about their own history.

Hesright 

Yep the only reason why we still have all that is 
A) The British Museum and archeologists
B) Western tourists

They only care about the Muslim stuff which is mostly desecrated Byzantine and Roman artifacts conquered by their pedophile prophet warlord. Trumps

It makes no sense that we pretend Islam is anything else but a warrior tribe that happened to run into vast oil supplies
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, killamajig, Alpacx
(09-07-2024, 04:13 PM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote:
(09-06-2024, 10:00 PM)Snoopy wrote: My mum once bought me a Marilyn Manson t shirt. I was absolutely horrified. I appreciated the effort but it meant I had to wear that ridiculous thing to please her.

Awww, you're a good son.
Respect Knuckles

I suspect she was taking the piss.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(09-07-2024, 05:24 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fragments-of-previously-%E2%80%98lost%E2%80%99-euripides-tragedies-have-been-translated.974775/

Are you alright, dude?
(09-07-2024, 06:58 PM)Boredfrom wrote:

Are you alright, dude?

Who me?
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(09-07-2024, 03:05 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/newsom-vetoes-bill-aimed-at-helping-undocumented-immigrants-buy-homes-in-the-state.974577/post-128313618

Quote:No. Only citizens should be able to own a property and house here.
Quote:This is completely batshit and quite sinister. So someone who moves to a country working as a Dr after a recruitment drive by the host country, stays in the country permanently, and doesn't apply for citizenship for whatever reason,should never be able to own property? That's nuts. There is countless variations on that example.

All those undocumented doctors trying to buy houses.  lol

Let's just pull the wildest scenario out my ass and act like this is the norm.

I don't think they're talking about the doctor overstaying. Just not taking up citizenship. A permanent residency type situation.
(09-07-2024, 07:03 PM)Potato wrote:
(09-07-2024, 03:05 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/newsom-vetoes-bill-aimed-at-helping-undocumented-immigrants-buy-homes-in-the-state.974577/post-128313618

Quote:No. Only citizens should be able to own a property and house here.

All those undocumented doctors trying to buy houses.  lol

Let's just pull the wildest scenario out my ass and act like this is the norm.

I don't think they're taking about the doctor overstaying. Just not taking up citizenship. A permanent residency type situation.

Yeah but if you're a doctor I would think you'd have the money to navigate the citizenship thing. I mean maybe there's a benefit to just having a green card and not getting citizenship that I don't know about.
Also, fuck the British museum. Return the Parthenon marbles you cunts.
(09-07-2024, 07:02 PM)killamajig wrote:
(09-07-2024, 06:58 PM)Boredfrom wrote:

Are you alright, dude?

Who me?

Yes, that post was a little intense for a post commenting about “Era Dantes tries to pretend not being a hack fraud pseudo intellectual”.
(09-07-2024, 07:07 PM)Potato wrote: Also, fuck the British museum. Return the Parthenon marbles you cunts.

I'll agree with you on that. I'm pretty sure the Greeks can handle keeping those safe.
Just to be fair and as a cultural note, not every single colonial super power stole or salvaged relics from others cultures… some just outright destroyed everything they could until they realized they couldn’t convert the natives to Catholicism if they actually didn’t know how they think.

My opinion? What is done it is done, Killmongers, ISiS and British Museums of the world don’t care either way. Yeshrug Willam 

Just let people that actually care being able to study this stuff rather than just being a trophy of politics and culture war.
Again, Killmonger is an angry hypocrite and didn’t care about Wakanda until T’Challa felt sorry for him. Bolo
(09-07-2024, 07:11 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(09-07-2024, 07:02 PM)killamajig wrote:
(09-07-2024, 06:58 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Are you alright, dude?

Who me?

Yes, that post was a little intense for a “Era Dantes tries to pretend not being a hack fraud pseudo intellectual”.

Here's my problem with him. He just copy pastes articles and rarely interacts with anybody in the thread. There's that other guy that seems to be into archeology too that answers just as many questions in Edmonds own thread. I'm sure he's educated and it is just strange that he doesn't engage people more and just kind of shits out an article. If he's that into archeology, you'd think he would want to talk to people about it. Most of his threads have replies that are "aliens did it Lol" also, he doesn't give any context to a lot of these things.

And specifically in the recent thread he throws in how he prefers Sophocles over euripides but doesn't go into any explanation as to why. Comes off as a show-off flex that you know some historical names.
(09-07-2024, 07:22 PM)killamajig wrote:
(09-07-2024, 07:02 PM)killamajig wrote: Who me?

Yes, that post was a little intense for a “Era Dantes tries to pretend not being a hack fraud pseudo intellectual”.

Here's my problem with him. He just copy pastes articles and rarely interacts with anybody in the thread. There's that other guy that seems to be into archeology too that answers just as many questions in Edmonds own thread. I'm sure he's educated and it is just strange that he doesn't engage people more and just kind of shits out an article. If he's that into archeology, you'd think he would want to talk to people about it. Most of his threads have replies that are "aliens did it Lol" also, he doesn't give any context to a lot of these things.

And specifically in the recent thread he throws in how he prefers Sophocles over euripides but doesn't go into any explanation as to why. Comes off as a show-off flex that you know some historical names.

That just summarises Resetera though. A lot of "experts" in archaeology, communist thought, carrot-based economics, racism, sexism, being a woman etc, but very little in the way of actual knowledge sharing or discussion. 

They're dumb cunts.
Edit: Goddammit, old thread. maf
If you want to know the real reason why I have a beef with Eddie. I'm probably just jealous. I went to college and took history, anthropology and archeology classes. That was my passion. I couldn't afford college and had to drop out. That's one of the reasons I became a correctional officer. All I had was a high school diploma and it was a job that offered good pay and good benefits.

He has a platform on there with people that seem genuinely curious about history/archeology and he doesn't engage with them. If I had that many people fawning all over me like he does you couldn't get me to shut up about that stuff. 

After you called me out about it I thought about it and I think maybe that's it. That and his posh life. I'm probably jealous about that too.  lol
Don’t worry dude, I know that feeling.
(09-07-2024, 07:22 PM)killamajig wrote:
(09-07-2024, 07:02 PM)killamajig wrote: Who me?

That's what I don't get about Dantes. When he was just Tolkien lore nerd, he would descend into a thread with a fucking essay on why Minas Tirith was actually the prime place to grow tomatoes that went best with lembas bread based on notes Tolkien had carved into a brick of his local Marks & Spencer.

Then a year ago or whenever it was, he just started becoming a /r/history bot that reposts shit, often utterly boring shit. RBH does the same thing with cars. All of a sudden he started thinking that Era either gives a shit or has anything intelligent to say about the 2025 refresh of the <Brand> <Crossover> that now features a 1" bigger screen. Like are they both being paid via some sort of backlink bullshit or something?
KyleCross wrote:I'm not posting tweets as I don't desire giving direct visibility to them, but they're celebrating Astro Bot because *checks notes" ...the dev team doesn't have anyone with colored hair. Brain rot? No, this is brain sludge. I hate that this shit is thrown at my eyeballs every time I want to check a Wario64 tweet.
CrossingEden wrote:Whenever those gooners complain about women with dyed hair it always and I mean ALWAYS come off like sexual frustration stemming from being too much of a weirdo to ever date a woman who dyes her hair.

Mike 

Last one has a weird leap of logic, eh Crossing Eden! Curious
Edmond Dantès  Snoring
New Chud Self-Report honeypot thread just dropped, gang!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-own-any-clothing-with-an-american-flag-design-on-it.974919/page-1

Spoiler:  (click to show)
ZeoVGM wrote:Fuck no.
Quote:Just proves that there is no money grifting to the left.

Once again Dubs. This is what happens when you get rid of the people who actually pay attention to politics.
Post #60000. Egomaniac  

Thank you, thank you. I just want to say: The bire is excellent.

What do i win?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tabletop-rpg-gms-and-worldbuilding-enthusiasts-in-general-where-do-you-like-to-steal-ideas-from.974430/
PlanetSmasher, post: 128286042, member: 6260 wrote:Wherever. The original inspiration for my setting was Tactics Ogre but it rampantly expanded past that as a combination of other stuff I've experienced over time (one of my boss battles was a homage to the final fight in Chrono Trigger, another one was inspired by Kung Fu Hustle) until my setting basically became a post-medieval political fantasy world that has trains, magitek robot crabs, a fake suburb populated entirely by androids, and a ton of opera houses.

Any time I homage something I always put my own spin on it, though, and try to make it feel like it fits the world. For example, I have a homage to the Moonlight Greatsword from From Software's games in my setting as a legendary artifact weapon but it's been woven into the backstory of one of the major noble clans so deeply to the point at which it's basically become its own thing, even though I know it's a Moonlight Greatsword.
Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl
(09-07-2024, 01:46 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
ryan13ts wrote:You'd be surprised how much negative attention around player count can affect a game. Literally every single article about the game around its launch was "cOnCoRd HaS oNLy 5 pLaYErS oN sTeAM!", and when a game is getting non-stop beating like that from every angle, it's going to put off potential players. It didn't help that the "woke" nonsense was being screeched about by the usual gamergate-type chuds from the moment of its reveal either.

It absolutely wouldn't have sold well (The price tag in a F2P environment and timing were the real death nails), but it might not have been AS MUCH of an unmitigated disaster without all the steam player count BS.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-83#post-128311029
But the player counts were real?

(09-07-2024, 02:24 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Why do they keep trying to find the fault with everything but the game itself. Even the free open beta had dismal player numbers 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/07/19/the-concord-open-beta-numbers-are-somewhat-concerning/
The Cause cannot fail, it can only be failed.

(09-07-2024, 08:45 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
KyleCross wrote:I'm not posting tweets as I don't desire giving direct visibility to them, but they're celebrating Astro Bot because *checks notes" ...the dev team doesn't have anyone with colored hair. Brain rot? No, this is brain sludge. I hate that this shit is thrown at my eyeballs every time I want to check a Wario64 tweet.
CrossingEden wrote:Whenever those gooners complain about women with dyed hair it always and I mean ALWAYS come off like sexual frustration stemming from being too much of a weirdo to ever date a woman who dyes her hair.
                     dudes desperate enough to admit they ignore red flags?
is this? 

(09-07-2024, 08:45 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
KyleCross wrote:I hate that this shit is thrown at my eyeballs every time I want to check a Wario64 tweet.
https://x.com/Wario64

Problem solved.
(09-07-2024, 09:55 PM)Snoopy wrote:
Quote:Just proves that there is no money grifting to the left.
This is one of those Hasan, Vaush, TYT, ResetERA.com, the CCP, etc. "aren't really left" things isn't it?
Boys and girls if you have a PS5. Get that new Astro Bot game, it's fucking amazing.
That new Beetlejuice movie has a character that’s Lydia’s new boyfriend, who I suspect is based on the Jeff Marvel, and PlanetSmasher types. Virtue signaling men who are deep down incredibly cynical “Me first” types.