Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(09-08-2024, 04:36 PM)BIONIC wrote: How does DocWager keep getting top of page? Thinking

And why isn't he sticking to The Bore tradition of posting top-of-the-page boobs? [Image: Eh8YRBO.gif]

Post babes, Doc, post babes. 

Edit: Here I'll do it for you:

[Image: UD4uTD9.gif]

[Image: 45QZnZS.gif]

[Image: MtVkBtF.gif]

Edit: Jansen below pointed out Gal's distinct lack of boobage, so here's an extra one [Image: BbL4nQP.jpeg]

[Image: SThDzgI.gif]
(09-08-2024, 03:08 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(09-08-2024, 02:55 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(09-08-2024, 02:51 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Dude had range. Trumps 

He was an awful lyricist, but had the spark.

Honestly I'm surprised that this isn't what the whole likin park debate is about. She just doesn't sound as good as Chester.

I imagine that most people made their peace with that. That is the reason why I’m not interested in the band coming back.

RIP Chester & Akira  Stahp
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, BananaBlast, Venice, Taco Bell Tower
Spoiler:  (click to show)
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Venice, Taco Bell Tower
(09-08-2024, 03:29 PM)BananaBlast wrote:
(09-08-2024, 11:00 AM)jooseloose wrote:
(09-08-2024, 01:35 AM)BananaBlast wrote: Yes, the meltdown they were having was directed at the rest of the internet for celebrating her and making cutesy little art memes. They immediately pivoted to concerns about "objectifying asian women", even when no one in the vicinity was actually doing that.

She was a cute japanese female game dev who gave a cutesy presentation. Take that as you will. 

At the very least, it was a breath of fresh air from all the other kinds of game developers that give on screen presentations.
A few months ago she released a video on her YouTube interviewing Kamiya and the Era thread was glorious https://www.resetera.com/threads/ikumi-nakamura-unseen-has-an-in-depth-conversation-with-an-unemployed-hideki-kamiya.921393/#post-125536140

Just a normal thread until lesbian ass mod Princess Bubblegum who is lesbian and her lesbian ass barges in and completely derails it with this weird post (she edited it out but you can still see people quoting it)

Princess Bubblegum wrote:Kinda wish she wasn't propping up these veterans men well due for retirement. Though I suppose it's a necessity for a woman in the industry. *sigh* I want to see her direct a game goddamnit! Still mad she got fucked over by Zenimax and didn't end up directing The Evil Within or anything at Tango Gameworks.

All the more frustrating when it's obvious she's queer.
which backfired and got absolutely piled on lol

Quote:Are she and Kamiya not friends? Maybe she just wanted to interview a friend with whom she shares a professional history (ripe for stories and discussion points)
Quote:They're friends, and he's her former boss (who she joined Capcom specifically to work with) that she worked with for 10 years. And Kamiya is 12 years away from minimum retirement age.

Are you having a bad day? Genuinely asking.
Quote:Didn't she just give birth? I mean I know you can give birth and be queer but I feel like there's more info leaning towards one side than the other.
Quote:She was directing Ghostwire, but left due to health problems IIRC.

Also, I believe she wasn't ever meant to be direct TEW, even before Mikami was thrust in that position, but Shigenori Nishikawa. She didn't even join the team until a year into development.

ALLLLLSO, her and Kamiya are friends and prior co-workers, it's not just her propping him up.
Quote:You wish she wasn't propping up her mentors/friends?
Quote:????????

They're ex coworkers having a chat with each other. She's not "propping up" anyone, and she's certainly not doing it because it's a "necessity for a woman in the industry." What are you even talking about?

Also, speculating about her queerness is pretty weird and kinda problematic?
Quote:This post is gross and downright offensive in many ways. Do better.

On topic, Ikumi should direct a game.
Quote:She's married to a man and has a child.
Quote:Iirc she left due to being pregnant at the time? She is great though and want to see her do more stuff
Quote:this is definitely an era post
Quote:Is there anything to back that claim?
Quote:There's a lot of things wrong with the industry but Nakamura hanging out with a longtime friend and colleague reminiscing isn't one of them. This is completely in line with a lot of their other banter over the years on social media and seems like it was a fun opportunity given Kamiya's noncompete and effectively extended enforced vacation from the industry to just hang out.

I also don't really think it's acceptable to speculate about people's sexuality regardless of what their orientation is. If people don't want to share or publicize parts of their life it's not really right to play detective or infer/assert shit, as someone that was on the receiving end of a lot of that growing up.

And it's a shame about how things ended with Tango as well, but given how little insight we have into what happened there beyond she was having health issues prior to Ghostwire and felt like it was having a significant impact on her, it seems a bit excessive to assert that this was a case of Zenimax fucking her over.

Just absolutely bodied lol Until she runs away with her lesbian ass tail in between her lesbian ass legs after the majority of the thread becomes people calling out her creepy, terminally online head cannon 

Princess Bubblegum wrote:Please ignore my post.

I did not want a derail but this involves Kamiya so what did I expect?

Even though I am a lesbian, it isn't right of me to speculate about her personal life. (I was going off some stuff she had publicly shared on social media but that doesn't change much.)

Edit: I'm leaving the thread.
Oh my goodness, this is gold lol  lol  lol Thanks for sharing 🧐

Creepy ass terminally online transbian straight up just tried to forcibly retcon a real life married japanese woman's sexuality into "queer". And wanted her to "hurry up and replace those old creepy men" like some weird power fantasy. Then got her fragile feelings hurt by basic facts and logic and had to ragequit the thread, though not before gaslighting with "durr it was hideki kamiya's invisible defense force that made me look stupid!" and then dropping another "i'm just a little lesbian!"

It's poetic how Princess Bubblegum managed to prove themselves far creepier and more deranged than any of the "male gaze" related concerns in that one little post. All those "stop fetishizing asian women" and "stop speaking over women" and "stop assuming people's sexuality" platitudes went straight out the window when Bubblegum tried retconning a real life woman's lore and motivations like she's one of her fictional cartoon characters she obsesses over.

The whole exchange was like a small glimpse into that twisted transbian psyche: "you're a queer lesbian like me, ikumi nakamura! rebel against those icky cis men! I know you're secretly gay (and also probably trans too) waiting to upstage and replace your close male mentor friends! the future is female! (and queer!)"

It's Bubblegum's niche.  Every posts they have to bring up how they're totally a lesbian and always bring up their fetishes.  I still remember how disgusted they were with Stellar Blade and claimed to have rented the game from Gamefly to give a proper analysis why it's male eye candy.  lol
(09-08-2024, 04:46 PM)Venice wrote:
(09-08-2024, 04:36 PM)BIONIC wrote: How does DocWager keep getting top of page? Thinking

And why isn't he sticking to The Bore tradition of posting top-of-the-page boobs? [Image: Eh8YRBO.gif]

Post babes, Doc, post babes. 

Edit: Here I'll do it for you:

[Image: UD4uTD9.gif]

[Image: 45QZnZS.gif]

[Image: MtVkBtF.gif]

One of these don't belong
Anytime someone brings up the Concord budget it has risen by another 50 million
(09-08-2024, 02:25 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/poll-will-you-buy-a-ps5-pro.972960/page-2#post-128212239

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Inappropriate Commentary; History of Trolling
PeskyToaster wrote:of course i will, i'm not poor

Anyone shook by that milquetoast comment 100% has an e-begging Kofi.
(09-07-2024, 09:57 PM)Chudder Barbarity wrote: Post #60000. Egomaniac  

Thank you, thank you. I just want to say: The bire is excellent.

What do i win?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/martyn-ware-of-heaven-17-80s-synth-pop-band-offered-by-rockstar-games-7-500-to-use-their-song-temptation-in-grand-theft-auto-6-martyn-insulted.974805/page-8#post-128338203

Fat4all wrote:get off this fucking forum
Tell someone to Fuck off to end an argument  (regardless of whether you were right or not) - 3 day ban.
Say that you're going to buy a PS5Pro in a mildly sardonic way - 2 weeks ban.
Infer that Shapiro changed over a 20-year period - 2 months ban.

What the fuck is going on over there in ModTown??
(09-08-2024, 06:12 PM)D3RANG3D wrote:

There's no way this bitch isn't bought and paid for by the CCP. Don't fall for her sexy tricks!
Why haven’t the mods closed the Concord thread, game is actually dead. 

Quote:
Quote:Concord just… completely lacked anything you could point at and say "that's terrible" or "that's great", it was almost the platonic ideal of an unremarkable experience. I think Gerstmann called it one of those games that's the hardest kind to review because it offered nothing you could "hang your hat on".
From the looks of things Gerstmann reviewed the game without even interacting with the crew system so it's no surprise he didn't come to see how tactical it could be

Quote:Concord might have been a "niche" shooter but it's important to have games like this out there where the fans who love it, really love it.

All 20 of them. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-85#post-128355891
(09-08-2024, 07:16 PM)Cheststrongwell wrote:
(09-08-2024, 06:12 PM)D3RANG3D wrote:

There's no way this bitch isn't bought and paid for by the CCP. Don't fall for her sexy tricks!

She seems too "woke" to be one, but you never know...
Hans Tinfoil Subscribe to Info Wars!
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, ClothedMac, Venice, Taco Bell Tower
(09-08-2024, 01:49 PM)Snoopy wrote:
Quote:That's fucking devastating, dude. Horrible.

I know you said their is no time to waste, and it really looks like it, but it looks like you've read up on this a lot -- can you put *some* kind of timeline on it, as brutal as that might seem? Like, I have kids at home that I need to feed and I need to gauge what my actions should be. Do I need to be going to local protests once a month, should I be flying to DC to protest there, or start posting online more to help get attention to this?

I know in history, 60% of Armenians were killed in 5 years, more than 50% of European Jews were killed in 4 years, 75% of Rwandan Tutsis were killed in 1 year. I feel like if I have a chance in preventing something like that, it might be worth leaving my job and dedicating my time to it. It's so hard to find the moral thing to do.

Is this a bit? Being Ree it’s impossible to tell.

It's this in reaction to the trans genocide? Because if it is, then  Win
Quote:
Quote:This isn't a case of her being a christian or muslim; she's in a cult that abducts, traffics, abuses, and murders people.
You literally just explained every single church and religion ever....

RoflLP thread keeps delivering 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/linkin-park-announces-return-with-emily-armstrong-as-new-co-vocalist-single-the-emptiness-machine-released-album-from-zero-releasing-november-15.973602/page-32#post-128351676
(09-08-2024, 07:13 PM)wizardora wrote: Tell someone to Fuck off to end an argument  (regardless of whether you were right or not) - 3 day ban.
Say that you're going to buy a PS5Pro in a mildly sardonic way - 2 weeks ban.
Infer that Shapiro changed over a 20-year period - 2 months ban.

What the fuck is going on over there in ModTown??
well shapiro is a jew, so the infraction is significantly magnified. No dissonance there IMO.
Got my new vanity plate
[Image: J9UQXRtn_t.jpeg]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/john-garvin-days-gones-director-sure-is-unhappy-about-deacon-being-used-to-promote-astro-bot.975099/page-3#post-128346675

Quote: Cop User Banned (5 days): Drive-by trolling; history of similar infractions
Kiyamet wrote:Id hate to see any of my creations be used like this

Astrobot fans seem really entitled
https://www.resetera.com/threads/martyn-ware-of-heaven-17-80s-synth-pop-band-offered-by-rockstar-games-7-500-to-use-their-song-temptation-in-grand-theft-auto-6-martyn-insulted.974805/page-7#post-128332704
Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Week): Concern trolling over multiple posts, account in junior phase
Success wrote:
princess_V wrote:As a musician, this is genuinely insulting. You can choose to be anything and you choose to be both loud and wrong. Do you think musicians shouldn't be paid a normal rate? There's more than one person in this thread telling you that this is incredibly low in the industry, but you're inexperienced, uneducated, assumptions are the thing you're choosing to hang on to. You can get paid more for a single episode of television, hell a single scene where your song plays in the background. But obviously you're not asking questions in good faith, it's clear you don't actually care. If you're gonna use phrases like "factual reality" at least know the facts.
As a game developer you are the one being insulting here. How can you compare a single song on a radio track of 450 to a song/music in TV. The song on TV will always be heard by the audience because TV works in sequence. There is no player agency or choice. Unlike in a game like GTA. Where this song will be on one radio station with hundreds of other songs.

Of course you will get paid more if your song is the vocal point of a scene compared to the super background nature of a GTA radio song.

Don't try to bring your non-interactive sensibilities of tradition television to games.

What you are doing are insulting all of the hard working days developers and designers that bring the game to life.

The band who rejected the offer even said that all he cared for was the big and nothing else and yet you are sticking up for such a greedy musician who doesn't understand the nuances of video games.

I am disappointed in you princess_V

https://www.resetera.com/threads/martyn-ware-of-heaven-17-80s-synth-pop-band-offered-by-rockstar-games-7-500-to-use-their-song-temptation-in-grand-theft-auto-6-martyn-insulted.974805/page-8#post-128336076
Quote: Cop User Banned (1 month): Excessive hostility through metacommentary, history of antagonizing other members.
Blah wrote:Not completely shocking the amount of absolute corporate bootlicking dipshits in this thread.

It's legit impossible to tell if people are being satirical or that stupid in their desperation to defend Rockstar of all companies.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/linkin-park-announces-return-with-emily-armstrong-as-new-co-vocalist-single-the-emptiness-machine-released-album-from-zero-releasing-november-15.973602/page-34#post-128366886

Zeovagine furiously slamming that report button

Great running animation. I think this might push Xenoblade 2 from the throne in the Burqa brigade thread.  lol
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-game-studios-bethesda-abk-ot32-mythologies-histories-prophecies.970347/page-28#post-128272428

Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Week): Accusations of Journalistic Bias; Account in Junior Phase
LastHappyXboxFan wrote:People jokingly call them the Keighlys for a reason.
Its Jeffs powertrip of the year
Ori should have made it and FH5 should have made it, but because they didnt anyone with a brain knows that it is baised.
Isn't it well known that the VGAs are just an infomercial and you can 'buy' nominations and award categories?

How do they think that Gacha slop and vaporware makes it every year.  lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-54#post-128127417

Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Week): Antagonizing Fellow Members; Metacommentary; Account in Junior Phase
Chillz70 wrote:Some Era members truly live in a delusional bubble sheesh. You can like a turd but it doesn't change the fact that its nice shiny turd.
(09-08-2024, 06:56 PM)TacoWallace wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/martyn-ware-of-heaven-17-80s-synth-pop-band-offered-by-rockstar-games-7-500-to-use-their-song-temptation-in-grand-theft-auto-6-martyn-insulted.974805/page-8#post-128338203

Fat4all wrote:get off this fucking forum

Quote: Cop User Banned (3 Days): Hostility toward another member
(09-08-2024, 01:27 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-whats-a-good-general-birthday-gift-to-a-good-friend-that-is-married-and-wont-be-misconstrued-by-their-spouse-as-anything-else-but-a-friendly-g.975135/
Quote:I have a very good friend who has a birthday coming up and she has always been a very good friend to me. I have never given a lot of gifts out(I'm more of a giftee). I thought of a handbag but that would probably raise some questions. I don't want it to be lunch or dinner because I've been treating her and she's been treating me from time to time so I don't feel that would be special. Also no gift checks as that seems impersonal.

For married people where your other half has platonic friends, what gifts did they receive that made you think nope, there's nothing going on there?

Quote:A gift card is definitely a good option. If you get along well with her spouse, you could also ask them that way you aren't stepping on their toes.
Quote:OP
I don't remember talking to her husband at all, honestly.

Another Reee Weirdo. (or more likely creeping on the girl)

EDIT:
Yep, creeper lol

Quote:OP

I have a feeling he doesn't like me. We've been in a few gatherings and I don't even remember him making eye contact with me.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-whats-a-good-general-birthday-gift-to-a-good-friend-that-is-married-and-wont-be-misconstrued-by-their-spouse-as-anything-else-but-a-friendly-g.975135/page-2#post-128355420

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-wrong-to-hang-out-and-still-be-friends-with-someone-that-is-already-married-or-deep-in-a-relationship.781316/
Oliver James wrote:So I have this friend who is married and has a kid already, but we often hangout, go eat outside, do stuff outside. I often wonder if her husband is not approving of this, since we've met a couple of times and he's stonefaced whenever we cross each other's paths. I guess it doesn't that help way back then, my friend had a long-standing crush on me, which she revealed to me then promptly erased all history of it happening when I said I only saw her as a friend. And it's only a crush. I don't think she has even mentioned it to him. To this day, we're very good friends, and I don't plan on changing that, but is there some social contract where if someone's married already, that you ease up on friendship, as respect to their spouse?

For me personally, screw that. I've been friends with my friend for a very long time, and there is no harm as far as I can see as she's already married and not attracted to me as far as I can tell, and I'm not going to start developing feelings for her after all these years. My feelings for her are all friendly. Now that they have a kid I think guidance to their kid has been added to my list of responsibilities as a friend. I guess I should meet up more with the husband present and see if we can work things out so he's comfortable with me being around his wife? Basically, befriend him? See, whenever we plan outings, most of our friends bring their significant others, but my friend has never brought her husband, not even once. I guess we've met twice when she brought him to lunch, but overnight and long getaways, she doesn't bring him. Maybe he's just not the outgoing type.

What about you Era, do you think this is okay? I personally think it is okay. They're a happily married couple, we are a happy friendship, everyone wins. But what about you? Has it turned upside down for some of you?
(09-08-2024, 08:49 PM)Nintex wrote:

Great running animation. I think this might push Xenoblade 2 from the throne in the Burqa brigade thread.  lol

What's wrong with her voice? Is she retarded?
(09-08-2024, 09:17 PM)Jansen wrote:
(09-08-2024, 08:49 PM)Nintex wrote:

What's wrong with her voice? Is she retarded?

No, because is not the Eng Dub.  ufup
She sounds like she took 10 bars
5 users liked this post: Nintex, Gameboy Nostalgia, Switters, Taco Bell Tower, Venice
(09-08-2024, 08:53 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-sales-ceasing-immediately-offering-refunds-to-all-customers-the-game-will-be-taken-offline-beginning-sept-6th-check-staff-post.970872/page-54#post-128127417

Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Week): Antagonizing Fellow Members; Metacommentary; Account in Junior Phase
Chillz70 wrote:Some Era members truly live in a delusional bubble sheesh. You can like a turd but it doesn't change the fact that its nice shiny turd.

is there any other game on Era where if you post “actually, this game sucks” you’ll get banned?
Forspoken. Divest from capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy!