Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-2024-and-yes-its-still-a-trans-genocide-an-faq-and-what-you-can-do-about-it-today-and-beyond.811257/post-128401905

matcha_x
From France
Non-Binary
They/She
Quote:Thanks for this thread. It's very informative. Also, I observed on Twitter that some awful folks with very broken political opinions spread blood libel on us by pinning US school shootings on us. This is distressing and y'all have all my sympathy. I'm happy I don't live in that country under these conditions.

Strong first post.

Next post by them
https://www.resetera.com/threads/visual-novel-community-thread-no-auto-read-required.1555/post-128402196
Quote:I was told that Higurashi chapter 8 is much longer than the other chapters and I've spent ~ 25 hours on each previous chapter I guess (more than one sleepless night). Is it worth reading in itself? Is it a useful read before starting Umineko? Does it change one's perspective on the 7 first chapters?
Quote:So my boss just sent me an invite for a meeting early Monday morning with our CEO who I never see (I used to report directly to him, fyi) and a random HR manager I've never met. It's a half hour meeting called "Check In." I asked her what it was about and she left me on read (it's a WFH job) before logging out for the weekend. I work in a small division of a bigger group within a giant company.

I have never been on a performance improvement plan and I've actually been promoted at this place twice. The brand I manage has had double digit growth literally every month since I started.

I asked my other boss if they knew anything about it and she said she didn't but who knows.

Can't wait to agonize over this all weekend! Never been let go before, so this should be fun.

Anyone hiring? Or know if it's easy to apply for unemployment? Asking for a friend!

Tons of "Good luck OP! Sending you some positive energy" posts.

Also...
Quote:PlanetSmasher
It is very, very rare for a termination to be done first thing on a Monday morning. They usually schedule that at the end of the work week instead of the beginning.

OP update
Quote:Hey y'all. I got laid off. :/

I knew deep down it was coming but I'm still terrified. I kept everything professional while still letting them know this was handled extremely poorly. I get two weeks severance as a lump sum plus regular pay + health insurance through the end of the month. That gives me something around 2-3 months of bills covered on my end, plus all my savings and my side hustles to top me off.

I haven't asked anyone for a reference yet, but I will later. I'm gonna apply for unemployment today and look at more jobs, too. I'm extremely grateful that my wife makes good money and I have OK-ish savings, so I should hopefully be OK. We both need health insurance though.

What a difference a month makes, goddamn. Buried dad a month ago and now I'm looking for a new job. If anything, at least I've learned not to take things for granted. Hug your parents if you can and always keep that resume updated.

If anyone needs a marketer/PR rep/copywriter/editor/etc, I've literally hit double digit growth every month at every single job I've held and uhh, my schedule just cleared up!

Feels bad, man
The higurashi visual novels themselves are not moe blob or loli bait, thought. Yeshrug 

While there is a segment of the fandom that like those aspects in the anime or other media of that franchise… they are horror mysteries that bait people with cute visuals.

There is a reason why that writer, R07, is writing a Silent Hill game.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Nintex
(09-09-2024, 04:52 PM)Boredfrom wrote: The higurashi visual novels themselves are not moe blob or loli bait, thought. Yeshrug 

While there is a segment of the fandom that like those aspects in the anime or other media of that franchise… they are horror mysteries that bait people with cute visuals.

Yeah, but talking blood libel then anime. Tonal whiplash.

[Image: 94koBvQ.png]

Anime Expert
https://www.resetera.com/threads/uhh-im-probably-getting-fired-laid-off-monday-fun-poll-inside-up-laid-off.974508/post-128398704
Quote:OP:
Contact a lawyer.

Regardless of your status, it is pretty suspicious timing with you taking time off for your dad. If what they say is true:

You have consistently have good performance, no PiP plan
Gotten 2 promotions and a raise due to good performance:

Have taken time off for your dead dad, only a month ago, which is protected by the FMLA. That is pretty suspicious and you could potentially have a case. Especially if no one else got laid off at the time that you had.

That honestly seems like retaliation, and a lawyer could probably prove that too.

Implied Facepalm

I wonder how much that lawyer would cost? Wait, I know...

Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: LY6KCBc.jpg]
(09-09-2024, 04:59 PM)killamajig wrote:
(09-09-2024, 04:52 PM)Boredfrom wrote: The higurashi visual novels themselves are not moe blob or loli bait, thought. Yeshrug 

Anime Expert

I mean, mood whiplash is what that anime is about.

Is their whole gimmick.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, killamajig
Uh oh B-Dubs is pissed off https://www.resetera.com/threads/constructive-community-discussion-2024.859116/post-128402361
We can’t read that thread without an account.
plagiarize, https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamergate-2-0-chuds-furious-about-a-consulting-company-named-%E2%80%9Csweet-baby-inc%E2%80%9D-which-overviews-scripts-to-make-sure-nothing-offensive-was-written.823731/post-128333475 wrote:I am super excited to play Astro Bot soon, but frankly the fact the developers gender Astro kind of pisses me off. I know the morons are watching, but they have no idea how catered to they are.
literally shaking
Valkarie wrote:I really don't think society is doing enough to shame the terminology and rhetoric being used by these chuds.

"Woke", "DEI", "Modern Audience" etc is being used in some of the most blatant dog whistling context possible, they may as well just be using the slurs that they so desperately want to use. It's not even remotely subtle anymore, and people have gotten way too comfortable just being able to say this shit at will.

In fact, the word "woke" has essentially become a slur at this point, and it needs to be treated as such.

DEI is a real term you asshole, how the fuck are you going to shame that? I dislike that people just say it to bitch about whatever, but shame and decry terms like they were racial slurs is an insane thing to do.

Why the fuck do you guys think that people changed from SJW to Woke? Because you guys didn’t stop bitching about it.
if those words which have actual accepted definitions can't be used anymore due to "hiding what you really mean to say," then the same applies to zionist, the way they wield it

just say what you mean to say, stop dogwhistling
(09-09-2024, 04:59 PM)killamajig wrote:

Anime Expert
I did have a laugh at how 100% "well, this anime IP is different" is followed by a screenshot of leggy teen girls in tiny skirts, camera positioned at an upward angle.

Literally every time.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
no shade to BoredFrom: I often find myself defending Ys in the same way. uguu
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
Can’t wait until “Wholesome” becomes a “slur”.
(09-09-2024, 05:21 PM)PogiJones wrote:
plagiarize, https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamergate-2-0-chuds-furious-about-a-consulting-company-named-%E2%80%9Csweet-baby-inc%E2%80%9D-which-overviews-scripts-to-make-sure-nothing-offensive-was-written.823731/post-128333475 wrote:I am super excited to play Astro Bot soon, but frankly the fact the developers gender Astro kind of pisses me off. I know the morons are watching, but they have no idea how catered to they are.
literally shaking

i agree. you don't have any idea, plagiarize
The Jamie Bennington thread got locked. But who got the last post in, literally on the same timestamp of the lock? Let's see...

ZeoVGM wrote:There is a lot to dive into regarding Jamie Bennington and I'm not sure it helps anyone to mix that into the current controversy.

He's been accused of abusing Chester's widow (who herself has been openly supporting Emily joining the band).
Hmm, so I guess you'll want to see my Fry Hole.
The constructive thing: Essentially posters didn't let it go after B-Dubs brilliant 'well we didn't see the post' response and kept going back and forth for a while. Eventually Royalan popped up with this:
Royalan wrote:Slayven's never changed their name either. They've put literal centuries of work into it, after all.

I guess my point being that I came across your post mentioning me while on my routine check of this thread, which between the 30+ of us does happen daily. And I was just sitting here wondering why the hell I'm in it. lol

This thread does get regularly checked, and the subjects brought up in this thread have been the leading issues in more mod meetings than I can count. I'm not blaming y'all, but I do think people are reading too much into Dubs' post.

So they do totally monitor and pay attention to the quarantine thread, but there's no explanation of how then they missed multiple posts etc etc etc.

Posters continue to not let it go, discussing both the decision itself (why is sports betting allowed to clog up sports OTs, but can't be quarantined to its own thread so people who don't want to see it can easily avoid it?) and the way the decision was made (no effort made to show the last time it was disallowed, etc.)

Today Albatross makes a couple of wall of text posts, people mention the AI/crypto bans as basically being point-of-view bans and not actual content bans, and B-Dubs is pissy about it:
The Albatross wrote:Spyder explicitly asked three times, very well written and reasoned posts, and "it wasn't allowed once because somebody, one time, said they didn't want it, three years ago," is not a good answer. Mods say lots of things, mods break a lot of their own rules all the time, even in posts where a mod will write the rules of the thread, another will go in and break those rules without consequence, so to cavalierly expect that Spyder remembers every thing that some mod idly mused about at one point in time is a high expectations and arbitrarily enforced rules (aside from the high likelihood that whoever killed the thread is simply lying, I haven't seen any evidence in this thread or elsewhere of mods saying that sports betting threads are not allowed).

I get the excuse "Sorry, the mods missed his posts," which is fair, people miss posts, we're only human, but let's not forget, if you're a regular member here and you miss a mod warning in a fast moving thread, that's never been a reason to not be banned. I've seen people who were banned for missing a warning from a mod 48 hours later in a fast moving thread then be banned for something that they hadn't had a chance to read had been verboten, so these seem like rules for thee and not for me. So in a thread that moves glacially, like this one, can't we have a higher bar? Perhaps someone doesn't remember what someone said 2 years ago about a topic, and perhaps (especially as more Americans vote to legalize sports betting) our sensibilities have changed?

But to the topic itself, beyond that it's just immateur parochialism. We have threads about the billion dollar PowerBall whenever that comes up every 6 months, we have threads about other things that are addictive like beer or marijuana, the gambling lines on political races, and I participate in all of them. Some people are clearly uncomfortable with sports gambling discussions being a part of normal NFL OTs which is a good reason to isolate them in their own thread, but sports gambling is part of the meta discussion around sports for ~50 years in the US, Europe, and Asia. When a line dramatically shifts from one team to another that's provocative sports discussion because there is some sports-related reason to why that is happening. When people discuss the line or the over-under, *most of the time* it's like discussing a sports commentators prediction of the results of a game, and bookmakers tend to be the best predictors of sports outcomes. When Skip Bayless says that the Lakers are going to be swept, a lot of people like commenting on those takes, and likewise when the line comes out that Cincinatti is favored -7.5 against the Patriots, and then they lose by 6, it's an interesting conversation to have: Why were the Bengals favored by so much, why did the action move towards the Patriots during the week, and then what did the Patriots do to buck their expectations? It's an interesting meta conversation about sports, and something that happens in every bar and bus stop in America.

It's why sports betting and the crossword kept the US newspaper industry afloat for 50 years. What I suspect is that people who never knew what (-3.5) was when it appeared on the front page of USA Today or the Boston Globe just never knew what it meant, and now that they know what it means because sports betting is legal for ~150million Americans, they're now afraid of it, and we have this overwhelming parochialism that even saying Voldemort's name is going to turn you into a gambling addict. If people are upset by Voldermort's name appearing in a thread, then they can ignore the thread and it's a much more effective way to keep it contained to a community forum where anybody who wants to avoid sports gambling discussions can safely do so. If someone reads a thread about marijuana on ResetEra.com, they're not going to get addicted to fentanyl.

But, w/e, I guess someone had an idle musing about this one day and that's the rule. Nice thread Spyder, you put a lot of effort into it and I appreciated you leading that. If I were a betting man, which of course I'm not because I don't want to be banned from NFL threads until February 13th 2025, I'd put -115 odds that one day we may have a proper sports betting thread.
345 wrote:fully agree with the above. as someone with zero interest in sports betting who laments its increasing influence in sport, i support the creation of a sports betting thread so that stuff doesn't clog up the threads i actually do care about.
ElFly wrote:crypto being isolated is not the harshest topic banning we have

or just try to talk about a certain wizard related property

the same should happen to betting (and crypto, tbqh)

Albatross second post catches a threadban:
Quote: User threadbanned: ignoring thread rules
The Albatross wrote:Also fair to point out that crypto related threads were never banned. Pro-crypto threads were banned, but threads critical of crypto have always been allowed and usually flourish. I'm not defending crypto either, I'm a major crypto critic and always have been.

We had this same thing with AI threads... back when AI was popping off in pop culture news when ChatGPT went public, we pretty quickly moved to block all positive AI conversation. We've had a longtime member of NeoGaf->Era, I forget their name but it was like DeepMind or something, their avatar was of a person with einstein-like hair, and they've worked in the symbolic AI space for a decade+ as a researcher, and were super, super informed about it, and I think they basically self-exiled themselves over the idiotic implementation of the rules. You could write as many hair brained "AI IS KILLING TOILET BOWL CLEANING JOBS" threads but couldn't have an interesting, informed, even skeptical conversation about AI unless it fit into the well trodden territory of what's allowed.

I think rules could be pretty fairly drawn up based on whether you're evangelizing something or promoting something for gain. If you're making a betting thread where you're evangelizing the benefits of sports betting in some way that's irresponsible, I think that's fair to be against the rules. If you're also adding "Promo Code: The_Albatross!" to your betting thread, yknow, that's pretty obviously a red flag. Likewise, Amazon is a sketchy company and most of us are kinda uncomfortable with Amazon's business practices, but we have an annual thread for PrimeDay deals or BlackFriday deals, and those threads are generally tolerated, but they'd be blocked if OP or anybody else started to put their own referral codes onto them or evangelizing Amazon Prime or Temu in some way that seemed sketchy.

Overall I think it's weird that, like, Disney can have a betting website and have betting conversation drive their television programming, but we here have to do everything to protect the innocent sensibilities of the ~45 people who talk about sports in this community. What I suspect is that the kneejerk hostility to Spyder's thread is driven by people who don't really know much about sports, don't really watch sports, don't know anything about sports betting or how common it is (and has been for decades), but they're just kinda paying attention to it for the first time because they've seen ads on TV or on podcasts, and because it's new and scary to them, they're coming up with strict (and arbitrary) rules for something they mostly just don't understand.

I'm reminded of when PayPal used to nullify payments on their platform if they had the phrase "Fantasy Football" on the comment/description. I remember running a league in 2010 where most people paid me through PayPal, and then 3 months later, PayPal retroactively rejected the payments and reversed them, was a major shit show. And today? On the FanDuel and DraftKings app there's big fucking buttons "DEPOSIT FUNDS w/ PAYPAL."

B-Dubs wrote:We never banned positive AI threads. That is literally bullshit. If you want to make a thread about how AI is helping scientists or doctors or whatever then that is absolutely 1000% allowed.

If you want to know why more people don't post in here, it's shit like this.

So nothing really explosive, but B-dubs last dumb post in the thread has caused discussion to continue and now he's making another dumb post.
(09-09-2024, 05:20 PM)Boredfrom wrote: We can’t read that thread without an account.
oh shit I forgot

The Albatross wrote:Also fair to point out that crypto related threads were never banned. Pro-crypto threads were banned, but threads critical of crypto have always been allowed and usually flourish. I'm not defending crypto either, I'm a major crypto critic and always have been.

We had this same thing with AI threads... back when AI was popping off in pop culture news when ChatGPT went public, we pretty quickly moved to block all positive AI conversation. We've had a longtime member of NeoGaf->Era, I forget their name but it was like DeepMind or something, their avatar was of a person with einstein-like hair, and they've worked in the symbolic AI space for a decade+ as a researcher, and were super, super informed about it, and I think they basically self-exiled themselves over the idiotic implementation of the rules. You could write as many hair brained "AI IS KILLING TOILET BOWL CLEANING JOBS" threads but couldn't have an interesting, informed, even skeptical conversation about AI unless it fit into the well trodden territory of what's allowed.

I think rules could be pretty fairly drawn up based on whether you're evangelizing something or promoting something for gain. If you're making a betting thread where you're evangelizing the benefits of sports betting in some way that's irresponsible, I think that's fair to be against the rules. If you're also adding "Promo Code: The_Albatross!" to your betting thread, yknow, that's pretty obviously a red flag. Likewise, Amazon is a sketchy company and most of us are kinda uncomfortable with Amazon's business practices, but we have an annual thread for PrimeDay deals or BlackFriday deals, and those threads are generally tolerated, but they'd be blocked if OP or anybody else started to put their own referral codes onto them or evangelizing Amazon Prime or Temu in some way that seemed sketchy.

Overall I think it's weird that, like, Disney can have a betting website and have betting conversation drive their television programming, but we here have to do everything to protect the innocent sensibilities of the ~45 people who talk about sports in this community. What I suspect is that the kneejerk hostility to Spyder's thread is driven by people who don't really know much about sports, don't really watch sports, don't know anything about sports betting or how common it is (and has been for decades), but they're just kinda paying attention to it for the first time because they've seen ads on TV or on podcasts, and because it's new and scary to them, they're coming up with strict (and arbitrary) rules for something they mostly just don't understand.

I'm reminded of when PayPal used to nullify payments on their platform if they had the phrase "Fantasy Football" on the comment/description. I remember running a league in 2010 where most people paid me through PayPal, and then 3 months later, PayPal retroactively rejected the payments and reversed them, was a major shit show. And today? On the FanDuel and DraftKings app there's big fucking buttons "DEPOSIT FUNDS w/ PAYPAL."
B-Dubs wrote:We never banned positive AI threads. That is literally bullshit. If you want to make a thread about how AI is helping scientists or doctors or whatever then that is absolutely 1000% allowed.

Quote: Cop User threadbanned: ignoring thread rules
Why more people don't post in where? Community Constructive? Era as a whole?

"shit like this"? like what? Your pithy 2 sentence dismissing concerns post? 

Dubs is Schrodinger's janny right now: completely wrong and totally right, at the same time!
I wonder why people don’t post in there? Oh because any little bit of constructive criticism to the way you moderate the forum sets you off. You’ve been extremely dishonest, and of course if you confidently lie in the most obvious way you receive no punishment whatsoever. 

Bunch of clowns.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-boys-star-valorie-curry-asks-for-boundaries-from-fans-after-an-uncomfortable-encounter-at-belfast-comic-con.975498/#post-128385234

Kain wrote:Nerds are the fucking worst
Thinking
(09-09-2024, 01:20 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Malds kofi up 8% last night, from the same Stevy guy. 8% of $200 is $16, guessing Malds complained to him about being hungry so he gave some money for a DoorDash burger otherwise Malds would “starve” and die. 

Incredible racket

Edit: from stevarows mastodon:

[Image: WobOBDe.jpeg]

omfg

Honestly this is fucking sad. Malds you worthless cunt go and apply for food stamps instead of taking advantage of people. 

What the fuck is their disability that stops them from having a.job?

Goddamn do something for yourself! The fact that you can't call these twats out on era is bullshit.
(09-09-2024, 02:07 PM)MMaRsu wrote: THE HARDEST EVER

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

These clowns aint never played a NES game

[Image: 5.jpg]
(09-09-2024, 05:21 PM)PogiJones wrote:
literally shaking

Literally parody level shit and that they're not self aware to realize that blows my mind.
(09-09-2024, 06:02 PM)nobody of note wrote: The constructive thing: Essentially posters didn't let it go after B-Dubs brilliant 'well we didn't see the post' response and kept going back and forth for a while. Eventually Royalan popped up with this:
Royalan wrote:Slayven's never changed their name either. They've put literal centuries of work into it, after all.

I guess my point being that I came across your post mentioning me while on my routine check of this thread, which between the 30+ of us does happen daily. And I was just sitting here wondering why the hell I'm in it. lol

This thread does get regularly checked, and the subjects brought up in this thread have been the leading issues in more mod meetings than I can count. I'm not blaming y'all, but I do think people are reading too much into Dubs' post.

So they do totally monitor and pay attention to the quarantine thread, but there's no explanation of how then they missed multiple posts etc etc etc.

Posters continue to not let it go, discussing both the decision itself (why is sports betting allowed to clog up sports OTs, but can't be quarantined to its own thread so people who don't want to see it can easily avoid it?) and the way the decision was made (no effort made to show the last time it was disallowed, etc.)

Today Albatross makes a couple of wall of text posts, people mention the AI/crypto bans as basically being point-of-view bans and not actual content bans, and B-Dubs is pissy about it:
The Albatross wrote:Spyder explicitly asked three times, very well written and reasoned posts, and "it wasn't allowed once because somebody, one time, said they didn't want it, three years ago," is not a good answer.  Mods say lots of things, mods break a lot of their own rules all the time, even in posts where a mod will write the rules of the thread, another will go in and break those rules without consequence, so to cavalierly expect that Spyder remembers every thing that some mod idly mused about at one point in time is a high expectations and arbitrarily enforced rules (aside from the high likelihood that whoever killed the thread is simply lying, I haven't seen any evidence in this thread or elsewhere of mods saying that sports betting threads are not allowed).

I get the excuse "Sorry, the mods missed his posts," which is fair, people miss posts, we're only human, but let's not forget, if you're a regular member here and you miss a mod warning in a fast moving thread, that's never been a reason to not be banned.  I've seen people who were banned for missing a warning from a mod 48 hours later in a fast moving thread then be banned for something that they hadn't had a chance to read had been verboten, so these seem like rules for thee and not for me.  So in a thread that moves glacially, like this one, can't we have a higher bar?  Perhaps someone doesn't remember what someone said 2 years ago about a topic, and perhaps (especially as more Americans vote to legalize sports betting) our sensibilities have changed?

But to the topic itself, beyond that it's just immateur parochialism.  We have threads about the billion dollar PowerBall whenever that comes up every 6 months, we have threads about other things that are addictive like beer or marijuana, the gambling lines on political races, and I participate in all of them.  Some people are clearly uncomfortable with sports gambling discussions being a part of normal NFL OTs which is a good reason to isolate them in their own thread, but sports gambling is part of the meta discussion around sports for ~50 years in the US, Europe, and Asia.  When a line dramatically shifts from one team to another that's provocative sports discussion because there is some sports-related reason to why that is happening.  When people discuss the line or the over-under, *most of the time* it's like discussing a sports commentators prediction of the results of a game, and bookmakers tend to be the best predictors of sports outcomes.  When Skip Bayless says that the Lakers are going to be swept, a lot of people like commenting on those takes, and likewise when the line comes out that Cincinatti is favored -7.5 against the Patriots, and then they lose by 6, it's an interesting conversation to have:  Why were the Bengals favored by so much, why did the action move towards the Patriots during the week, and then what did the Patriots do to buck their expectations?  It's an interesting meta conversation about sports, and something that happens in every bar and bus stop in America.

It's why sports betting and the crossword kept the US newspaper industry afloat for 50 years.  What I suspect is that people who never knew what (-3.5) was when it appeared on the front page of USA Today or the Boston Globe just never knew what it meant, and now that they know what it means because sports betting is legal for ~150million Americans, they're now afraid of it, and we have this overwhelming parochialism that even saying Voldemort's name is going to turn you into a gambling addict.  If people are upset by Voldermort's name appearing in a thread, then they can ignore the thread and it's a much more effective way to keep it contained to a community forum where anybody who wants to avoid sports gambling discussions can safely do so. If someone reads a thread about marijuana on ResetEra.com, they're not going to get addicted to fentanyl.

But, w/e, I guess someone had an idle musing about this one day and that's the rule.  Nice thread Spyder, you put a lot of effort into it and I appreciated you leading that.  If I were a betting man, which of course I'm not because I don't want to be banned from NFL threads until February 13th 2025, I'd put -115 odds that one day we may have a proper sports betting thread.
345 wrote:fully agree with the above. as someone with zero interest in sports betting who laments its increasing influence in sport, i support the creation of a sports betting thread so that stuff doesn't clog up the threads i actually do care about.
ElFly wrote:crypto being isolated is not the harshest topic banning we have

or just try to talk about a certain wizard related property

the same should happen to betting (and crypto, tbqh)

Albatross second post catches a threadban:
Quote: User threadbanned: ignoring thread rules
The Albatross wrote:Also fair to point out that crypto related threads were never banned.  Pro-crypto threads were banned, but threads critical of crypto have always been allowed and usually flourish.  I'm not defending crypto either, I'm a major crypto critic and always have been.

We had this same thing with AI threads... back when AI was popping off in pop culture news when ChatGPT went public, we pretty quickly moved to block all positive AI conversation.  We've had a longtime member of NeoGaf->Era, I forget their name but it was like DeepMind or something, their avatar was of a person with einstein-like hair, and they've worked in the symbolic AI space for a decade+ as a researcher, and were super, super informed about it, and I think they basically self-exiled themselves over the idiotic implementation of the rules.  You could write as many hair brained "AI IS KILLING TOILET BOWL CLEANING JOBS" threads but couldn't have an interesting, informed, even skeptical conversation about AI unless it fit into the well trodden territory of what's allowed.

I think rules could be pretty fairly drawn up based on whether you're evangelizing something or promoting something for gain.  If you're making a betting thread where you're evangelizing the benefits of sports betting in some way that's irresponsible, I think that's fair to be against the rules.  If you're also adding "Promo Code: The_Albatross!" to your betting thread, yknow, that's pretty obviously a red flag.  Likewise, Amazon is a sketchy company and most of us are kinda uncomfortable with Amazon's business practices, but we have an annual thread for PrimeDay deals or BlackFriday deals, and those threads are generally tolerated, but they'd be blocked if OP or anybody else started to put their own referral codes onto them or evangelizing Amazon Prime or Temu in some way that seemed sketchy.

Overall I think it's weird that, like, Disney can have a betting website and have betting conversation drive their television programming, but we here have to do everything to protect the innocent sensibilities of the ~45 people who talk about sports in this community.  What I suspect is that the kneejerk hostility to Spyder's thread is driven by people who don't really know much about sports, don't really watch sports, don't know anything about sports betting or how common it is (and has been for decades), but they're just kinda paying attention to it for the first time because they've seen ads on TV or on podcasts, and because it's new and scary to them, they're coming up with strict (and arbitrary) rules for something they mostly just don't understand.

I'm reminded of when PayPal used to nullify payments on their platform if they had the phrase "Fantasy Football" on the comment/description.  I remember running a league in 2010 where most people paid me through PayPal, and then 3 months later, PayPal retroactively rejected the payments and reversed them, was a major shit show.  And today?  On the FanDuel and DraftKings app there's big fucking buttons "DEPOSIT FUNDS w/ PAYPAL."

So nothing really explosive, but B-dubs last dumb post in the thread has caused discussion to continue and now he's making another dumb post.

he got threadbanned so he couldn't post the receits about positive AI threads getting nuked lol
(09-09-2024, 06:25 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-boys-star-valorie-curry-asks-for-boundaries-from-fans-after-an-uncomfortable-encounter-at-belfast-comic-con.975498/#post-128385234

Kain wrote:Nerds are the fucking worst
Thinking

Isn't Pink News bigot now?  I forgot what LGBT news site uses that now they hate cuz the site is gonna halt on trans stuff
didn't they say all AI discussion that wasn't explicitly critical would be sent to its own quarantine thread
The Albatross is now banned, anyone with an account got the reason?
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, BananaBlast, Potato, Taco Bell Tower
Quote:OP:
Contact a lawyer.

Regardless of your status, it is pretty suspicious timing with you taking time off for your dad. If what they say is true:

You have consistently have good performance, no PiP plan
Gotten 2 promotions and a raise due to good performance:

Have taken time off for your dead dad, only a month ago, which is protected by the FMLA. That is pretty suspicious and you could potentially have a case. Especially if no one else got laid off at the time that you had.

That honestly seems like retaliation, and a lawyer could probably prove that too.

LMAO

This is not how shit works
(09-09-2024, 06:36 PM)Jansen wrote:
(09-09-2024, 02:07 PM)MMaRsu wrote: THE HARDEST EVER

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

These clowns aint never played a NES game

[Image: 5.jpg]

Sometimes people argue with me that games like Elden Ring are harder but I don't think I agree.
In Elden Ring you grind your way out of a problem, it might take a long time but eventually you'll reach a level high enough that you can kill anything in 1 hit.

These games, no way to do anything to ease your suffering. 

Old RPG's are similar, last year I played Final Fantasy II and the game just keeps spamming status effects.
Poison, sleep, poison, sleep, poison, sleep. Even at level 60 the party would just slowly die unless you are lucky enough to get a first critical hit.
It doesn’t help that most of those old games were unquestionably broken. Battle Toads was the only one that was deliberately unfriendly.