Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(09-09-2024, 07:01 PM)Lonewulfeus wrote: The Albatross is now banned, anyone with an account got the reason?
Quote:  Cop User Banned: Too much sense for a ResetEra poster
(09-09-2024, 01:20 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Malds kofi up 8% last night, from the same Stevy guy. 8% of $200 is $16, guessing Malds complained to him about being hungry so he gave some money for a DoorDash burger otherwise Malds would “starve” and die. 

Incredible racket

Edit: from stevarows mastodon:

[Image: WobOBDe.jpeg]

omfg

Autism “Strong Style”… I’ve never been more ashamed of wrestling fans than I am right now.
(09-09-2024, 06:56 PM)Uncle wrote: didn't they say all AI discussion that wasn't explicitly critical would be sent to its own quarantine thread
IIRC it was theoretically all AI discussion, even negative ones. Then they forgot about the negative part. 

I assume B-Dubs is trying to play rhetorical games with his "AI isn't banned!  Hmph " post...technically correct, but good luck having any kind of conversation on the topic other than complaints that artists are being blood libel genocide bigotry hatecrimed.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-boys-star-valorie-curry-asks-for-boundaries-from-fans-after-an-uncomfortable-encounter-at-belfast-comic-con.975498/page-2

Scuffed wrote:I think she ran into right wing shit bags that had an axe to grind over how the show poked fun at them so much. So they went there to try and humiliate her for being a part of that. Her character specifically poked fun at radical Christians and I think Christianity is a big fucking deal in Belfast. Obviously it might have been a random thing but the way she says they kept at it and got angry makes me think there was an agenda. I hope security kicked them out of the whole event. Personally I would want them arrested for sexual harassment but that's just me.
omfg
DavidCroquet dateline='[url=tel:1725904493' wrote: 1725904493[/url]']
killamajig dateline='[url=tel:1725901194' wrote: 1725901194[/url]']
Boredfrom dateline='[url=tel:1725900725' wrote: 1725900725[/url]']
The higurashi visual novels themselves are not moe blob or loli bait, thought. Yeshrug 

While there is a segment of the fandom that like those aspects in the anime or other media of that franchise… they are horror mysteries that bait people with cute visuals.

There is a reason why that writer, R07, is writing a Silent Hill game.

Yeah, but talking blood libel then anime. Tonal whiplash.

[Image: 94koBvQ.png]

Anime Expert
I did have a laugh at how 100% "well, this anime IP is different" is followed by a screenshot of leggy teen girls in tiny skirts, camera positioned at an upward angle.

Literally every time.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
no shade to BoredFrom: I often find myself defending Ys in the same way. uguu

Strictly speaking, that series still has a lot of adjacent moeblob fans. 

And I mostly say this because I want less self hating anime nerds that devolve to closeted wokie anime perverts.
(09-09-2024, 06:36 PM)Jansen wrote:
(09-09-2024, 02:07 PM)MMaRsu wrote: THE HARDEST EVER

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

These clowns aint never played a NES game

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: another-frustrating-level-from-childhood...e9af33d07b]
4 users liked this post: Nintex, D3RANG3D, Potato, Taco Bell Tower
[Image: ZnaCD9a.gif]
5 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex, D3RANG3D, Potato, Taco Bell Tower
Turbo tunnel is not that hard, because you can memorize the patterns.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
(09-09-2024, 07:01 PM)Lonewulfeus wrote: The Albatross is now banned, anyone with an account got the reason?
He was threadbanned from the community thread but I can't seem to see a forum-wide ban. Hmmmm
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mainstream-press-is-failing-america-–-and-people-are-understandably-upset-the-guardian.976221/

I don’t think a guardian’s columnist has any moral high ground to bitch about this. But that's none of my business... 

Also:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jul/06/biden-trump-race-rebecca-solnit

Teehee
[Image: im-doing-it.gif]
(09-09-2024, 05:32 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Valkarie wrote:I really don't think society is doing enough to shame the terminology and rhetoric being used by these chuds.

"Woke", "DEI", "Modern Audience" etc is being used in some of the most blatant dog whistling context possible, they may as well just be using the slurs that they so desperately want to use. It's not even remotely subtle anymore, and people have gotten way too comfortable just being able to say this shit at will.

In fact, the word "woke" has essentially become a slur at this point, and it needs to be treated as such.

DEI is a real term you asshole, how the fuck are you going to shame that? I dislike that people just say it to bitch about whatever, but shame and decry terms like they were racial slurs is an insane thing to do.

Why the fuck do you guys think that people changed from SJW to Woke? Because you guys didn’t stop bitching about it.

If the way you use a term is so embarrassing that a bunch of redneck losers can turn it into a slur, then maybe the problem is you...

Beli
Who the fuck alt is Hello!! SAVE DATA?

He is such a fucking painful obvious alt, but somehow the mod team is “clueless” about it. Awesome
(09-09-2024, 07:39 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Turbo tunnel is not that hard, because you can memorize the patterns.

It's the last checkpoint that makes people rage quit.  Thank goodness for Rare Replay Rewind feature.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Gameboy Nostalgia
(09-09-2024, 07:39 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Turbo tunnel is not that hard, because you can memorize the patterns.

the whole game is that, though

turbo tunnel is not that hard because it comes early enough that it's easy to get back to in order to actually begin memorizing the patterns, unlike volkmire's inferno, rat race, clinger winger...

fucking bonkers that they made a whole game with only like 3 levels worth of anything approaching standard beat 'em up/platformer gameplay and everything else is a deathrace
Dyle wrote:Can't pay the bills with good journalism in the internet age

Okay… but you were the guys that cried when Gawker died… and you are the guys that may bitch about Opinion Columns… or you bitch about the NYT headlines not being of you licking… OR GET BAITED BY FAKE NEWS FROM RANDOS AT TWITTER.
(09-09-2024, 07:51 PM)Uncle wrote:

turbo tunnel is not that hard because it comes early enough that it's easy to get back to in order to actually begin memorizing the patterns, unlike volkmire's inferno, rat race, clinger winger...

fucking bonkers that they made a whole game with only like 3 levels worth of anything approaching standard beat 'em up/platformer gameplay and everything else is a deathrace

Jeff Gertsmann’s videos about old NES games makes me question Rare competence in game design during that era.
Entremet wrote:It's the way we train journalists too. There's this obsession of "objectivity" but that also means turning off your brain to many.

Not like this!

That is not how it supposed to work, you asshole self hating corpo

Is more painful because is the same leftie whining discourse I heard since more I was teenager “the press is shit because they try to be objective.  Smug ”

Why you guys think that Trump and  MAGA also hate the press?
Valkarie wrote:I really don't think society is doing enough to shame the terminology and rhetoric being used by these chuds.

"Woke", "DEI", "Modern Audience" etc is being used in some of the most blatant dog whistling context possible, they may as well just be using the slurs that they so desperately want to use. It's not even remotely subtle anymore, and people have gotten way too comfortable just being able to say this shit at will.

In fact, the word "woke" has essentially become a slur at this point, and it needs to be treated as such.

DEI is a real term you asshole, how the fuck are you going to shame that? I dislike that people just say it to bitch about whatever, but shame and decry terms like they were racial slurs is an insane thing to do.

Why the fuck do you guys think that people changed from SJW to Woke? Because you guys didn’t stop bitching about it.

They just try to continually rebrand their crappy ideology, and then get mad that their rebrands pick up the stink of their crap.
"A DEI policy by any other name would smell as racist."
-William Shakespeare
-Michael Scott
(09-09-2024, 08:02 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Jeff Gertsmann’s videos about old NES games makes me question Rare competence in game design during that era.

I think there was already a successful arcade game and after they made the first level on NES they (incorrectly) thought "oh this is kind of boring and unimpressive, there's no way we can reproduce the arcade game, we have to do something different"

in a weird way it reminds me of the opposite scenario of sonic unleashed wii which was like 80% shitty werehog levels that were slow and boring because the wii wasn't powerful enough to do justice to the fast-paced prettier standard sonic levels
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Boredfrom, Nintex, Taco Bell Tower
DEI aka ESG is now Bridge and D&I. thank that crazy fox vtuber sleuth for that bit of actual journalism!

lol

Spoiler:  (click to show)
The ESG/DEI employees are turning into sleepers embedded in companies now it sounds like some Alex Jones shit but it's not...
(09-09-2024, 06:27 PM)Jansen wrote:
(09-09-2024, 01:20 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Malds kofi up 8% last night, from the same Stevy guy. 8% of $200 is $16, guessing Malds complained to him about being hungry so he gave some money for a DoorDash burger otherwise Malds would “starve” and die. 

Incredible racket

Edit: from stevarows mastodon:

[Image: WobOBDe.jpeg]

omfg

Honestly this is fucking sad. Malds you worthless cunt go and apply for food stamps instead of taking advantage of people. 

What the fuck is their disability that stops them from having a.job?

Goddamn do something for yourself! The fact that you can't call these twats out on era is bullshit.

Yeah, Malds fat ass begging for food money while sitting in their parents house surrounded by their toys and video games. 

In WI you can get up to $291 a month in food stamps and you don't even need to be on disability. Just sign a statement that you have no income or show what you make every 6 months (I think) if you are low income. WI is a purple state and it's still pretty easy to get. What state do they live in?

Unfortunately for Malds lazy isn't a disability. 

And that person that's always donating to them I thought was just an alt to make it look like they're getting donations. But I'm not so sure now because that's too good of a long-con game. But if it's not a con then it's someone begging for money giving it to another person begging for money?
(09-09-2024, 08:14 PM)PogiJones wrote:

They just try to continually rebrand their crappy ideology, and then get mad that their rebrands pick up the stink of their crap.
-William Shakespeare
-Michael Scott

There’s a term for that: euphemism treadmill

It’s a war against human nature.
(09-09-2024, 08:15 PM)Uncle wrote:
(09-09-2024, 07:51 PM)Uncle wrote: the whole game is that, though

I think there was already a successful arcade game and after they made the first level on NES they (incorrectly) thought "oh this is kind of boring and unimpressive, there's no way we can reproduce the arcade game, we have to do something different"

in a weird way it reminds me of the opposite scenario of sonic unleashed wii which was like 80% shitty werehog levels that were slow and boring because the wii wasn't powerful enough to do justice to the fast-paced prettier standard sonic levels

No. The Battletoads Arcade was 3-4 years after the NES game. The Arcade is the only one that is a straight up Beat ‘Em Up (dunno about the Xbox one)
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mainstream-press-is-failing-america-%E2%80%93-and-people-are-understandably-upset-the-guardian.976221/#post-128415276

SasaBassa wrote:
mbpm wrote:I mean I'd like this but how? It seems easier to foresee a path of Supreme Court reform (also a hard proposition) than the media to be reformed since a lot of people seem content with just using the media for their own ends instead of changing it
I don't know how but I want my pound of flesh.

The real answer is legislation and rules/consequences. The legal system is not prepared for that though because it's been laid bare that enough money = no consequences.
Am I out of touch?
(09-09-2024, 08:14 PM)PogiJones wrote:

-William Shakespeare
-Michael Scott

I have mentioned that I don’t think DEI is a bad concept perse. But is legitimately worrisome that attracts so many obvious grifters to big companies.

Western devs in general were clueless in that era. It's no coincidence that 9/10 games fondly remembered from gen 3-4 were made in Japan. 

Battletoads for example was not even playtested by the devs own admittance lol. Compare it to an actual tough but fair game like say, Ninja Gaiden. There's a 'rhythm' to it. It's (mostly) not just random shit pasted together to screw over the rental market.
Gaijin wouldn't understand. Anime Expert

Also arent they the ones that started the whole modern audience shit? now it's a dogwhistle because they're pronoun shooter and twitter warrior progressive game (dustborn) failed?
(09-09-2024, 07:32 PM)Uncle wrote: [Image: ZnaCD9a.gif]

If you look at this, and say “Where is the loop in this gif”, that’s the problem with that level.
(09-09-2024, 08:39 PM)Chudder Barbarity wrote:
(09-09-2024, 07:51 PM)Uncle wrote: the whole game is that, though

Western devs in general were clueless in that era. It's no coincidence that 9/10 games fondly remembered from gen 3-4 were made in Japan. 

Battletoads for example was not even playtested by the devs own admittance lol. Compare it to an actual tough but fair game like say, Ninja Gaiden. There's a 'rhythm' to it. It's (mostly) not just random shit pasted together to screw over the rental market.
Gaijin wouldn't understand. Anime Expert

Well all except Megaman 8, and the stupid snowboarding levels proves Japan can fuck up a platformer too.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower