Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(9 hours ago)Averon wrote: In the burka thread, they are mad gaming siting want to actually say operating:

NicoNicoRose wrote:I have to say I get real tired of gaming sites - specifically, the ones that present themselves as progressive, feminist, etc. - paying maybe a tiny bit of lip service (if we're lucky) to the controversy around a game or developer that hates women and/or trans people and then just falling in line praising it after that. Like naw maybe I don't need you to put up another "you need to appreciate Black Myth Wukong's ambition!" article when the developer openly hates half the population? Aren't the newer generation of gaming coverage sites supposed to care about stuff like that?

I ask all this rhetorically since obviously I'm aware the money trumps all, but dang it if I wanted to read fawning praise about the output of misogynist studios I could go read the corporate propaganda gaming sites.

LoboRundas wrote:This reminded me of when Hogwarts Legacy launched, and a popular feminist, women-only website proceeded to review it, with only like a paragraph mentioning the rabid transphobia surrounding its creator and that taints the whole franchise. When trans women expressed their discontent, it basically ended in a non-apology and a ton of people being blocked, and nothing really changed.

Hrist wrote:Similar thing happening with the new Hogwash thing that's maybe happening and some LGBTQ site (was it pinknews?) being like "which trans actor do we want to see in it".

ClickyCal wrote:Yeah it's Pinknews.

Looks like PinkNews is already Chud Central

I always knew there was something sus about them!!
if there are status-fixing potions for poison, paralysis, fear, frenzy, insanity etc then you just take one of those and become comfortable with your body
(9 hours ago)Potato wrote: Malds claims he's on HRT. Who do you think is paying for that shit?
no one cause they are full of shit
why is it called hormone replacement therapy when you're not taking anything out, you're just adding more to what you've already got

is that the cause of all the issues, people just like AAUUUUUUGHHHHH I'M SO FULL OF HORMOOOOOOOONES
Kinison
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-an-apparent-terrorist-attack-by-israel-a-wave-of-exploding-pagers-targeting-hezbollah-kills-at-least-8-and-injures-2700-up-2nd-wave-confirmed.983253/page-17#post-128930835

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Commentary
Divvy wrote:
Rex Dart: Eskimo Spy wrote:The pro-Israeli propaganda posters / adverts I'm seeing in my city (Toronto) are at a desperate level of "please excuse our totally necessary violence" that I haven't seen since the months after 9/11. Crazy how similar it is.
I still see a lot of "Bring them home" posters which at this point, is fucking absurd
(8 hours ago)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-an-apparent-terrorist-attack-by-israel-a-wave-of-exploding-pagers-targeting-hezbollah-kills-at-least-8-and-injures-2700-up-2nd-wave-confirmed.983253/page-17#post-128930835

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Commentary
Divvy wrote:
Rex Dart: Eskimo Spy wrote:The pro-Israeli propaganda posters / adverts I'm seeing in my city (Toronto) are at a desperate level of "please excuse our totally necessary violence" that I haven't seen since the months after 9/11. Crazy how similar it is.
I still see a lot of "Bring them home" posters which at this point, is fucking absurd

Cool, Hamas returned all the hostages then?
(Yesterday, 12:07 PM)benji wrote:
(Yesterday, 11:12 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
spineduke wrote:It runs the risk of normalizing these kind of actions - one where everyday devices can be mass rigged and detonated by a state power, while being distributed in civilian spaces unknowingly. There are no good metrics to know who is near these devices and no way of isolating the devices from being sold or used in other spaces. You even run the risk of items like these being unintentionally distributed to other countries and places. It's a new form of terrorism, an ugly weaponization of everyday tech devices. Can you imagine such campaigns being waged on Americans or Ukrainains for example by a Russian or Chinese force? The targets, legitimate or not have very little bearing on the issues being raised here.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-an-apparent-terrorist-attack-by-israel-a-wave-of-exploding-pagers-targeting-hezbollah-kills-at-least-8-and-injures-2700-up-2nd-wave-confirmed.983253/post-128914548
No, because the American military wouldn't source their equipment from a supply chain Russia and China could have access to like this nor have their members carry it around in their everyday lives. lol

What if these beeps were given by the Mossad to the proud boys?  Era would be gobs of cum!

They would justify a fucking kindergarten full of right wing cult members dying as "fuck around and find out." 

Strange, weird, and cruel.   I guess that's thats the new political party.   Damaged Damaged Damaged
5 users liked this post: benji, Gameboy Nostalgia, Alpacx, Potato, Taco Bell Tower
121 Guest(s) HEAD TO TOE SOUL PLAYA
(11 hours ago)Boredfrom wrote:
JuniperAndSage wrote:There are literally tens of thousands of indies using game mechanics and genres that Nintendo pioneered, and only one of them is getting sued. Spend some time thinking about why.

lol 

Is not as cut and dry as you think. 

You guys complain about Sonyponies but everyone turns corpo when is about Nintendo in that forum. But that's none of my business...

(8 hours ago)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: 121 Guest(s)
Time to sign up fellas

https://thebore.net/forum/member.php?action=register

[Image: make-america-great-again-maga.gif]
(9 hours ago)Averon wrote: In the burka thread, they are mad gaming sites want to actually say operating:

NicoNicoRose wrote:I have to say I get real tired of gaming sites - specifically, the ones that present themselves as progressive, feminist, etc. - paying maybe a tiny bit of lip service (if we're lucky) to the controversy around a game or developer that hates women and/or trans people and then just falling in line praising it after that. Like naw maybe I don't need you to put up another "you need to appreciate Black Myth Wukong's ambition!" article when the developer openly hates half the population? Aren't the newer generation of gaming coverage sites supposed to care about stuff like that?

Spiders
5 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, benji, Gameboy Nostalgia, MJBarret, Nintex
(9 hours ago)Potato wrote:
(Yesterday, 03:19 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Hoshino is a ojisan, though:

Whatever the fuck that means, you really shouldn't know that...

It means “uncle, old man.”
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-middler-days-gone-is-getting-a-remaster.986037/page-2#post-128939517
Sony's number one bootlicker
Quote:Makes sense with the movie coming, they will want a PS5 SKU. Just like Horizon ZD which would have aligned with the Netflix series and eventually God of War 2018 will get one for the Amazon series
Or just play it on Steam
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, Hap Shaughnessy
Dr. Nothing Lou wrote:I just want Spider-Man 2 and TLOU Part II and Demons Souls to get PC ports so I can just get rid of my PS5 completely tbh.

If this guy ends up homeless it’s all Sony’s fault!!!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jeff-grubb-on-the-upcoming-state-of-play-i-dont-really-expect-much-if-anything-first-party.985806/#post-128932257
(8 hours ago)Nintex wrote:
now i see why everyone was upset about the new linkin park singer
https://www.resetera.com/threads/north-carolina-gubernatorial-candidate-self-avowed-nazi-and-slavery-enthusiast-mark-robinson-is-pressured-to-drop-out-of-the-race.985896/page-6
Quote:What kind of moron doesn't use different usernames for different types of sites?

I guess the racist bigot is the kind of moron.

Trumps many such cases, refer to the podcast
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-middler-days-gone-is-getting-a-remaster.986037/#post-128938992
Quote:Why bother remastering any game trapped in older generations or at 30fps when you can remaster some random piece of shit nobody liked that already plays perfectly fine everywhere instead I guess
Dude's really pissed about the Astrobot comment  lol
Quote:What if they replaced the main character with Astro bot to piss off that whiny chud game director 🤣
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Hap Shaughnessy
I wouldn't call days gone a piece of shit but it wasn't very good either.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(8 hours ago)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-middler-days-gone-is-getting-a-remaster.986037/#post-128938992
Quote:Why bother remastering any game trapped in older generations or at 30fps when you can remaster some random piece of shit nobody liked that already plays perfectly fine everywhere instead I guess

He’s not wrong. Like come on Sony you have Uncharted 1-3, God of War 1-3, ratchet and clank, sly cooper, killzone that either can’t be run on ps4-5 or run like shit on it and they’re doing a remaster of days gone 🤔😕

Must be the same geniuses that are rereleasing a remaster of horizon at the same time they’re releasing a lego remake of it.
(8 hours ago)TylenolJones wrote:
(8 hours ago)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-middler-days-gone-is-getting-a-remaster.986037/#post-128938992

He’s not wrong. Like come on Sony you have Uncharted 1-3, God of War 1-3, ratchet and clank, sly cooper, killzone that either can’t be run on ps4-5 or run like shit on it and they’re doing a remaster of days gone 🤔😕

Must be the same geniuses that are rereleasing a remaster of horizon at the same time they’re releasing a lego remake of it.

Fuck, I want that bolded part so bad  Sad
4 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, TylenolJones, Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex
(09-15-2024, 04:03 AM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/steve-o-backs-out-on-transphobic-prank-after-a-profound-conversation-with-a-trans-person.981363/post-128703321
Quote:Messofanego

It just reminds me of how much fascist transphobes dress like a woman so often, like Steve Crowder or a JD Vance, and you're like waiting for them to eventually have a huge realisation that it was internalised hatred and they did want to be a woman but were too scared. Like this is a lot of effort just for a bit. I'm glad he at least backtracked after being so close to committing.
I thought saying this shit was bannable. Like the "He must be secretly gay, thats why he hates gays"

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Generalization
(7 hours ago)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
(09-15-2024, 04:03 AM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/steve-o-backs-out-on-transphobic-prank-after-a-profound-conversation-with-a-trans-person.981363/post-128703321
Quote:Messofanego

It just reminds me of how much fascist transphobes dress like a woman so often, like Steve Crowder or a JD Vance, and you're like waiting for them to eventually have a huge realisation that it was internalised hatred and they did want to be a woman but were too scared. Like this is a lot of effort just for a bit. I'm glad he at least backtracked after being so close to committing.
I thought saying this shit was bannable. Like the "He must be secretly gay, thats why he hates gays"

That man gets banned every month, why no permanent
[Image: s7B2A3J.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-middler-days-gone-is-getting-a-remaster.986037/page-16#post-128951490

lol of course, ps5 remasters for games that no one wants in prep for ps5 pro updates to games no one wants
(7 hours ago)Taco Bell Tower wrote:

They really should. He clearly is dishonest about his real feelings. He’ll slip up big, and be perm’d. Guess what? He’ll end up here with the CHUD’s at The Bire!
(7 hours ago)DocWager wrote:
(7 hours ago)Taco Bell Tower wrote:

They really should. He clearly is dishonest about his real feelings. He’ll slip up big, and be perm’s. Guess what? He’ll end up here with the CHUD’s at The Bire!

Ah fuck, that means benji has to remove the banner
IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS.

MELODY SHREDS HAS SUDDENLY FOUND THE WILL TO LIVE AGAIN [Image: gbbdtts.jpeg]

10 Hours ago:

[Image: gRqQT83.png]

To this, 23 minutes ago:

[Image: D2CU39V.png]

Getting a job, moving out, making something of your depressing life  Nope

Sitting on your 40 year old ass in your parents house, reposting loli and playing Persona  Oh yeah
(8 hours ago)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-middler-days-gone-is-getting-a-remaster.986037/page-2#post-128939517
Quote:Makes sense with the movie coming, they will want a PS5 SKU. Just like Horizon ZD which would have aligned with the Netflix series and eventually God of War 2018 will get one for the Amazon series
Or just play it on Steam

I hate when they use terms like SKU. Dude sounds more like an investor than someone actually interested in games. 

"You see financially it makes sense to remaster games that run at 60fps and 1440p on PS5 already"
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
Quote:But for many within the studio, it's still not clear what will come next, three sources told Kotaku. They are pessimistic Concord will return, and some have been asked to explore pitches for something completely different that Firewalk, which is currently around 150-170 employees, might work on next. Speculation among some staff has also included whether the studio could be used as co-development on one of Sony's myriad other first-party projects currently in production.

Others, however, feel like mass layoffs will be the most likely result of Concord's failure, including the possible shutdown of the entire studio, which sources tell Kotaku is one of the more expensive studios in the PlayStation portfolio on a per-head basis. Some developers are updating their resumes and portfolios, a few have already preemptively exited the studio, and others are waiting to see what a potential severance package will look like before deciding what to do next.

Holy shit, what!?
Sony bet big on Concord.
Basically betting on the team to drop a new HALO or Overwatch type hit. More or less the main focus of their GAAS strategy after The Last of Us GAAS was scrapped.

It even has(had?) a tie-in with the big Amazon TV show "Secret Level" based on video game franchises.
(7 hours ago)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(8 hours ago)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-middler-days-gone-is-getting-a-remaster.986037/page-2#post-128939517
Or just play it on Steam

I hate when they use terms like SKU. Dude sounds more like an investor than someone actually interested in games. 

"You see financially it makes sense to remaster games that run at 60fps and 1440p on PS5 already"

Dude still uses SKU
Quote:To have a PS5 SKU to sell to new audiences who discover the IP through their movies and shows, obviously. The Horizon Netflix series got derailed, but the remaster would have been in the works for a while, so may as well release it

Quote:Meant to offer a current gen SKU for folks new to these games who are introduced to the IP from the shows and movies. That's all.

There are also PC ports for many of games, so the PS5 gets newer versions for those too

Folks who are overdramatizing these projects are either ignorant of this or are stirring shit for no reason
Someone calling the SonyPony out
Quote:This "it's meant to tie in to the TV show/movie!" excuse are starting to get stale. You don't need to defend this practice of rehashing the same thing over and over again to make a quick buck. These remasters are lame! It's okay for people to call them out!

SonyPony
Quote:Anytime a movie or show adaptation happens for a game there is a boost to sales from folks discovering the IP for the first time. Sony wants those folks to gravitate towards the PS5 SKU instead of the older, cheaper ones. That's pretty much it
Not like this!
AshenOne wrote:Words coming out of this Harami Munafiq Piece of shit doesn't mean shit. He's always been a Kafir behind the scenes.
Barca wrote:If I am understanding you correctly, you issue is that he is a non-believer / non-muslim? If this is the case, I will disagree with you vehemently that this matters at all. Leave religion out of this, many Christian Palestinians are suffering too. Even if they weren't, looking geopolitics through believer/ non-believer angle will never give any type of accurate picture
jeelybeans wrote:Just FYI lots of Muslims use that verbiage jokingly towards anyone they do not like or consider vile.

Mike 

HOLY SHIT! 

It doesn’t surprise me that Jeelybeans considers okay to call “infidel” someone he dislikes, “jokingly” of course. Awesome