Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(10-13-2024, 01:14 AM)DavidCroquet wrote: What's hilarious about even that small concession is that this whole Royal Mod Rumble is because Nep is stealth-breaking her own "self-imposed" rule. Superficially, they're arguing about to vote or not to vote. But pretty obviously the subtext is Israel Palestine and whether there's a difference between genocide and genocide plus ultra.

It really genocides ya, when ya think about it.
Yeah, I was going to say, she's written like two whole essays in that thread, which have like one or two paragraphs that could have sufficed as her explanation to PoliEra. But she refused even when she was trying to argue with them earlier and said "collective nation of Jewish people" that sparked it all eventually leading to the doxing of what she said on Twitter.
(10-13-2024, 01:05 AM)benji wrote:
(10-13-2024, 12:58 AM)negativecrepe wrote: what did bdumb say to nep
IrishNinja quoted the whole thing:
[Image: egkGMXo.png]

Wow.  Imagine telling nepenthe to eat your balls like bdubs did.  Like forcibly eat your balls which is what he said.  And you know he said that because there's a power dynamic thing going on, like he's telling a subordinate marginalized tripoc to literally eat his dick and balls for 5 to 6 hours.  And then he says "fuck off" like she's just a piece of trash like during Jim Crowe. Like "Fuck off i'm done with you, you piece of shit bitch after i told you to forcibly eat my genitals as your boss".  Wow.  I mean, this is bad.
(10-13-2024, 01:14 AM)benji wrote:
(10-12-2024, 11:58 PM)benji wrote: While we're making fun of noodlesoup for being ignorant, I don't remember which thread it was in, but he said something about how this Gaza situation shows one of the "unexpected flaws" of how the UN Security Council is setup.

Yeah, like the permanent members and their vetoes weren't intentional from the start. lol (Or how the veto allows members to vote knowing something will be vetoed.)
It was in the Israel/Palestine thread:
noodlesoup, https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-409#post-129981708 wrote:I'm doing all I can to help: donating to aid groups, educating myself about Palestine/international affairs/ecocide while at university, organizing with my local SJP chapter, protesting to the point where I was once arrested and spent some time in jail, and yet it feels like the needle hasn't shifted at all in terms of real, tangible action.

In a far better world, the UN would have stopped this horrific shit ages ago but diplomacy seems to be dead in the water thanks to a huge glaring oversight in the formation of the Security Council. Moreover, I know it's a neutral forum and all but it's maddening to watch various member states at the General Assembly — the very same states that preach about the importance of international cooperation and peace — willingly choose to be apathetic in the face of genocide or hostile to those who dare to criticize Israel's actions. On the other hand, you can't rely on electoralism here in the United States to change anything. It has become abundantly clear that the US and its cronies have very little interest in holding Israel accountable or bringing justice to Palestinians and those around them who have also suffered. Fuck this shit, man. I've never been so disappointed and angry in my life.

glaring oversight lol
(10-13-2024, 12:14 AM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: let me see what i can do

omg
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
(10-13-2024, 01:14 AM)benji wrote:
(10-12-2024, 11:58 PM)benji wrote: While we're making fun of noodlesoup for being ignorant, I don't remember which thread it was in, but he said something about how this Gaza situation shows one of the "unexpected flaws" of how the UN Security Council is setup.

Yeah, like the permanent members and their vetoes weren't intentional from the start. lol (Or how the veto allows members to vote knowing something will be vetoed.)
It was in the Israel/Palestine thread:
noodlesoup, https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-409#post-129981708 wrote:I'm doing all I can to help: donating to aid groups, educating myself about Palestine/international affairs/ecocide while at university, organizing with my local SJP chapter, protesting to the point where I was once arrested and spent some time in jail, and yet it feels like the needle hasn't shifted at all in terms of real, tangible action.

In a far better world, the UN would have stopped this horrific shit ages ago but diplomacy seems to be dead in the water thanks to a huge glaring oversight in the formation of the Security Council. Moreover, I know it's a neutral forum and all but it's maddening to watch various member states at the General Assembly — the very same states that preach about the importance of international cooperation and peace — willingly choose to be apathetic in the face of genocide or hostile to those who dare to criticize Israel's actions. On the other hand, you can't rely on electoralism here in the United States to change anything. It has become abundantly clear that the US and its cronies have very little interest in holding Israel accountable or bringing justice to Palestinians and those around them who have also suffered. Fuck this shit, man. I've never been so disappointed and angry in my life.

Noodlesoup, focus more on your future career and less on a conflict you can't change.  Gloomy
Also notably, the PoliEra/Nepenthe thing was a retread of Cyberpunk.

Mod does something ("pound sand") they get pushback for, rather than saying "we made the wrong decision, we've decided to change our minds" and work with Black Chamber on a more limited OP, they banned him claiming it was because he admitted to being alt-right while mocking Trump supporters off-site.

The reason the cover up is always worse than the crime is not because you're covering up, it's because you're making things worse than if you just took the hit for what you did.
(10-13-2024, 01:18 AM)Propagandhim wrote: glaring oversight lol
Are you suggesting that his educating himself about international affairs may have some glaring oversights?
Someone with a disposable account, not me since my alt was banned for a making a circle with your finger joke way back when,  should post that pic of BDubs using the n-word just to grease the wheels since the guests are watching.
3 users liked this post: Jansen, Straight Edge, Taco Bell Tower
Zerovagina signalboosts Erin Reed:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/colin-allred-dem-candidate-for-senate-accused-of-supporting-trans-rights-by-opponent-ted-cruz-responds-by-throwing-trans-people-under-the-bus.1008393/
holy based we need more dems like that
waterpuppy, post: 130085457, member: 100398 wrote:That post is outrageous and I cannot believe it was just edited with a "my bad!" when we all know any other user would not be able to skip punishment like that. In fact, I'm pretty sure users have had posts reverted in the past after trying to be slick and edit away the warning/ban worthy stuff. Publicly going off at a staff member and then just trying to move on with seemingly zero consequences is so harmful and not the type of behavior I thought the management of this site would engage in.

I think that maybe, just maybe, this is an issue that needs to be properly addressed, hopefully with something that's not just another passive aggressive rant. Because honestly? Problems keep piling up and users in this thread are clearly losing patience with the lack of responses, and at some point the dams gonna break.

Dakkon, post: 130086636, member: 17085 wrote:Honestly my main problem with it (other than absolutely the normal policy is to revert posts from what I've seen unless the reversion includes personal information or something like that in particular then is omitted, that way normal users can see the infraction reason clearly), is the edit reason does not even make sense with the post.

I'm not sure there's any way to defensibly say "Fuck off. Eat the hell out of me. Fuck off." came off "meaner than I meant it to" - there's no way to reasonably reconcile that.

And then in the context of what this thread is just talking about it's a bit silly that apparently members can't be expected to have their hands held for every warning or ban (even though a dialogue about a ban is one of the most basic moderation functions) and this is a bog standard scenario that were it any other member they definitely would have got actioned and not given any dialogue about it because we can't hold hands here and be human I guess but instead a post gets edited and a post gets deleted and there's probably been private apologies to [USER=1995]Nepenthe[/USER] (I'd hope, bare minimum) and the whole thing just basically looks awful on the public facing side.

Like the main crux of the issues brought up in the prior thread and this thread just stim from a big imbalance in how staff treat staff and how staff treat members. There's always going to be an imbalance (nature of a power hierarchy), but the imbalance is too large at times here and this is one of those times. No one else would be getting off free for that behavior, I'm honestly not even convinced that if the roles were reversed if the moderator would have gotten off free for it.

e:

And to be clear, I fully understand that it's as something simple as Dubs probably just had a really bad day or something bad happened or whatever, mistakes happen and emotions get the best of all of us and that IS super understandable, but this forum does not afford that level of understanding to 99.9% of the people on it which means we shouldn't just sweep it under the rug. I'd hope for at least a public statement with some changes or anything really.

Bacon, post: 130087962, member: 8071 wrote:Anyone else gets the ban hammer for half the shit he posts on a regular basis. Wild stuff

Tendo, post: 130088115, member: 8748 wrote:I had an awful day Friday at work. I walked into a meeting and my supervisor immediately began screaming at me in front of the group. I had done nothing wrong, I was just a target of their frustration for some stuff going on above my level. They later apologized, then tried to laugh it off. This is the second time they did that. Their apology didn't take away my hurt or embarrassment, even if everyone knew it was uncalled for and supported me. That shit sucked.

Anyway, really fucking sucks to log into era and see this. I don't know why I'm typing this. I hope everyone has a great weekend and things can cool off.

never, post: 130088958, member: 23444 wrote:100%. There's a pattern here and its getting worse. That level of toxicity doesn't belong here directed at anyone.

Morrigan, post: 130089384, member: 27 wrote:I would like to tell you that this would have been easy grounds for de-modding, but I can't recall any other staff member ever behaving like this to another user, let alone another staff member, so there isn't really a precedent. But there probably should be one now. And some got de-modded for way less, for sure.
Worst thing is, I actually agreed with the point being made! But it's obvious you can't talk to others that way, especially your subordinates :(

Dinoric, post: 130090770, member: 23980 wrote:Surely when a mod has been acting this way shouldn't they be removed from the moderation team?

Mouf
lorddarkflare wrote:Entirely fair. But if the option is between enabling the transphobe who has no reason to not to always be a transphobe and enabling the transphobe who will nominally be susceptible to pressure in the future, I am going to pick the latter 100%.

Not picking is picking. I rather pick the one who is going to do the least amount of damage even if it makes me feel like shit, over not picking and causing more damage.

The time to put pressure on candidates is during primaries. That time has passed.

Melody Shreds wrote:You're willing to reward transphobia, I'm not.
We're in the middle of a trans genocide I won't let them throw us under the bus like this.

I guess transera can now join the not voting group too.  Trumps
(10-13-2024, 01:50 AM)BIONIC wrote:
Dakkon, post: 130086636, member: 17085 wrote:Honestly my main problem with it (other than absolutely the normal policy is to revert posts from what I've seen unless the reversion includes personal information or something like that in particular then is omitted, that way normal users can see the infraction reason clearly), is the edit reason does not even make sense with the post.

I'm not sure there's any way to defensibly say "Fuck off. Eat the hell out of me. Fuck off." came off "meaner than I meant it to" - there's no way to reasonably reconcile that.
The funny part is that B-Dubs didn't edit that post, he deleted it.

He edited out an entirely different post that Nepenthe replied to that led to that response:
[Image: S0E0kj2.png]

Look at the post number and timestamp:
[Image: 56P5wuy.png]

You can see Nepenthe reply to it further down with the text preserved in her quote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-administration-no-longer-supporting-an-immediate-ceasefire-in-lebanon.1005735/page-9#post-130014735

If you click on either of IrishNinja's or Nepenthe's quotes, the link takes you to "oops" page: https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-administration-no-longer-supporting-an-immediate-ceasefire-in-lebanon.1005735/page-9#post-130015296

If it was the post B-Dubs edited out it would take you back to it.

B-Dubs tried to back out of this by rescinding all of his entirely fair criticism of Nepenthe's position. Like Boredfrom said: cuck. And not the good kind that lets other men have sex with their wives.
Quote:there's probably been private apologies to [USER=1995]Nepenthe[/USER] (I'd hope, bare minimum) and the whole thing just basically looks awful on the public facing side.

I'd hope for at least a public statement with some changes or anything really.

Yes, a public apology should be required!  Any less is as bad or even worse than a private apology.
waterpuppy, post: 130085457, member: 100398 wrote:That post is outrageous and I cannot believe it was just edited with a "my bad!" when we all know any other user would not be able to skip punishment like that. In fact, I'm pretty sure users have had posts reverted in the past after trying to be slick and edit away the warning/ban worthy stuff.

I like that they seem to think this is a great thing. 
"This person made an error and tried to fix it! Disgusting!"

Them reverting posts has always been bullshit and reveals bans to be purely punitive
Let Nep the Extremist take control.

Come on Bdubs, fall on the proverbial sword for our amusement. When we get the HAMAS, FUCK YEAH! OT on day one of her reign, you’ll get the last laugh as those not part of the clique realize how psychotic those who really run the site are. 

It’s all building towards this as the sheep under Nep are close to demanding a sacrifice so let’s get it over with already.
Better drama than the Diablo 4 expansion.
5 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Potato, Propagandhim, killamajig, Taco Bell Tower
I like the posts hinting at this being a regular form of response from B-Dubs. Because it is. lol 

And I'm pretty sure he's admitted to having anger issues? And having to watch how he responds to people?
[Image: GZtTD1oXMAokPtI?format=jpg&name=900x900]
(10-13-2024, 02:24 AM)benji wrote: I like the posts hinting at this being a regular form of response from B-Dubs. Because it is. lol 

And I'm pretty sure he's admitted to having anger issues? And having to watch how he responds to people?

Hesright

He's never been good at acting like a friend to his community. He's very, very hostile and I wonder if he even enjoys being there anymore.

He must be suffering from a major case of sunk cost fallacy and doesn't want to admit he failed. This isn't meant to mock you, B-dubs. It's okay to let go.
Hard to believe but that was once a videogame forum.
Apparently they've rebooted Waypoint for some reason:

Spoiler:  (click to show)

deimosmasque wrote:As a trans person... Maybe I am missing something. But isn't he actually stating that trans girls are girls and trans boys are boys.

Opposing "boys in girl sports" is basically just saying "the trans girls are girls."

StrontiumPawg wrote:noooo no you all just don't get it, when J.K. Rowling says she doesn't want men in women's spaces, she's just being affirming because trans women aren't men :^)))

If anyone but deimosmasque posted that they would've been banned for dismissing concerns. Good on you StrontiumPawg for calling it out.
(10-13-2024, 02:20 AM)books wrote: Better drama than the Diablo 4 expansion.

I'm liking the expansion so far. Then again I liked Diablo 4 and my taste is random as hell

Elon
4 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, books, Taco Bell Tower
(10-13-2024, 01:30 AM)books wrote: Someone with a disposable account, not me since my alt was banned for a making a circle with your finger joke way back when,  should post that pic of BDubs using the n-word just to grease the wheels since the guests are watching.

Someone actually did but got deleted and banned for it.  B-Dumbs actually made a thread about it
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-response-to-some-of-my-old-posts-that-have-been-dug-up.173743/
Ree forgave him
waterpuppy, post: 130085457, member: 100398 wrote:Publicly going off at a staff member and then just trying to move on with seemingly zero consequences is so harmful and not the type of behavior I thought the management of this site would engage in.
Thousands of posts by staff telling non-staff to fuck off: I SLEEP

One post by staff telling another staff member to fuck off: REAL SHIT
(10-13-2024, 02:36 AM)benji wrote: Apparently they've rebooted Waypoint for some reason:

Spoiler:  (click to show)

More talking heads for them to watch since they can't form an opinion on their own. More Patreon backing as well and then they will cry about not having enough money for necessities.

Logic has exited from their brain a long time ago. Just form your own fucking opinion on games. Break away from the hivemind and these dumb talking heads.

If you like one game that others don't who gives a shit. And if you spent money on a game you dislike, we all have done that.

I don't
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/colin-allred-dem-candidate-for-senate-accused-of-supporting-trans-rights-by-opponent-ted-cruz-responds-by-throwing-trans-people-under-the-bus.1008393/page-3#post-130092309
IrishNinja wrote:this is some of y'all in here
[Image: u69Lzot.png]

lol deimosmasque not going to have a good time with their doubling down.
Trans Era vs Muslim Era

Who is more retarded powerful?

The inmates are running the asylum and B-Dumbs is just sitting there with his balls in a vice grip.

Zack Snyder's Sickos (Batman edition)
StrontiumPawg wrote:
Melody Shreds wrote:I'm kinda shocked that you said this. I know that we're not a monolith but fuck.

When has cis boys playing in girls sports been an issue lately?
they're really trying to go for "i don't see colour" but for trans issues lol

lol Moderation is having a bad couple of days.

StrontiumPawg wrote:
LGHT_TRSN wrote:So just to be clear, your initial interpretation of the ad before even watching it was from someone else, as you say a self-proclaimed LGBTQ+ activist on Twitter....and they speak for the trans community as a whole?

Is it possible that the very fact we have disagreement among a small trans community like ERA maybe representative of the fact that this is more about anger baiting than anything else?
so you agree, when J.K Rowling says men shouldn't be in women's shelters she isn't talking about trans women, but cis men?