Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(7 hours ago)benji wrote:
(7 hours ago)Greatness Gone wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/luca-guadagnino-to-direct-new-%E2%80%98american-psycho%E2%80%99-movie-at-lionsgate-with-scott-z-burns-set-to-adapt.1013733/
Kraid, post: 130348899, member: 1195 wrote:Being adapted by a male screenwriter and a male director? This is going to be dire.

EDIT: All of what is good about the original American Psycho film is there because of the feminist lens that was used to adapt the book. The book is trashy, over the top, and way up its own ass. The author of the book is a dipshit. The film made the best chicken salad you've ever eaten out of chicken shit.
What's the "feminist lens" adapting American Psycho?

Does... does he think the original novel is pro-Bateman?

Identity politics are just so vapid and remove any agency from the artist themselves. 

It's also just like a really dumb card game where everyone tries to find a gotcha. Like one could also argue that the evil female director took the book of a gay man and erased him and that the new director, who is also gay, is actually the only correct choice.
5 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, benji, Propagandhim, Alpacx, AnnoyedCanadian
(4 hours ago)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-the-most-stupid-idiotic-thing-that-you-have-done.1013730/#post-130350693
Nepenthe wrote:In middle school I deliberately touched the heated plate of a Bunsen burner after the teacher explicitly instructed us not to.

And she’s a mod?
Hey influx of guests - I have an inquiry:  how would you folks feel if the resetera moderation team had to have forward-facing accounts that could be reported/actioned/ignored etc. just like regular users did so that their day to day interactions could *theoretically* be governed by the same terms of service the rank and file users are?

Like maybe Nepenthe and B-Dubs ( just to pick some staff members at random) wouldn't outright be removed from their positions of responsibility by other staff but they could have their posting privileges removed just like any user, if, say, they crossed certain lines? They would still be around to respond to tickets but would have to take a time out on things like fullibustering with unchecked invective. And maybe even demonstrate some personal growth before those privileges were restored?

Just this silly thought I had but you tell me.
(4 hours ago)Propagandhim wrote:
(7 hours ago)almostheathen wrote: Bdubs if you are reading, is there still time to join that pokemon tournament.

I almost spit my Vitamin Water XXX acai blueberry out all over my keyboard upon reading this post

dude you should go to your nearest smoothie king and get the acai cocoa haze bowl

[Image: VJjawbG.png]
4 users liked this post: Boredfrom, AnnoyedCanadian, DavidCroquet, Propagandhim
(6 hours ago)JoeBoy101 wrote:
Morrigan wrote:OK I have to say it... Calling it "sexual harassment" is misleading IMO. The language was hostile, abusive, and vulgar, and of course, completely unacceptable. But it feels like a stretch to call it misogynistic or to imply any kind of sexual intent.

We can strongly condemn the behaviour and language used, and the hypocrisy and double standards and all of that, without resorting to an inaccurate or misleading framing of the situation.

Sometimes I feel sad at the tragic nature of Morrigan that clearly has a sane person trying to claw out from around the edges of her psyche.

But hypocrisy? Double standards? That’s bold things to say when your yelling out of the window in the glass mansion that NepNep built.

I find it so fucking funny that Nepenthe hasn't said this (What Morrigan said) herself, even though it's obvious.  She loves the forum going to bat for her and depicting her as a victim even if it means crushing her "coworker".   If there's an opportunity to turn Nepenthe into an aggrieved party, she'll take it even though she can easily deescalate the situation by not doing that.   She's just sitting back with her feet up.  The most selfish bitch ever.   lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-416#post-130355259

Zeliard wrote:
Oghuz wrote:It's sport for them.

But you will never see any of this on mainstream Western news because the victims aren't Israeli. Governments and media are all complicit and I hope there is a special place in hell for them.
It's people here too, which is hard to call out cause you might know some of these fools and it's often a ban. But that's, while less impactful in the big scheme of things, so much sadder because these are ostensible allies. This is supposed to be a popular progressive forum. But they so often carry water for the other side, inadvertently or not.

It's a substantial amount of the main Poli thread, who absolutely could not give less of a fuck about Palestinians, and that's glaringly obvious to anyone with a pulse. It's obvious in the comments, it's obvious in the general tenor. And the tenor of the forum as a whole too, where threads like this are basically ghettoized.

It risks a ban, but who gives a fuck. This place has become embarrassing enough that r/news of all places has had their head on straight a hell of a lot more.
4 users liked this post: benji, Propagandhim, AnnoyedCanadian, Alpacx
(4 hours ago)Snoopy wrote: Some of you drama queens need to calm the fuck down. Nothing is going to happen. The feebs can’t get rid of Dubs and they sure as fuck aren’t going to have another Gaf style exodus.
Fine, I’ll settle for another PoliEra style genocide.
2 users liked this post: Propagandhim, AnnoyedCanadian
(4 hours ago)Uncle wrote:
(7 hours ago)almostheathen wrote: Bdubs if you are reading, is there still time to join that pokemon tournament.

I almost spit my Vitamin Water XXX acai blueberry out all over my keyboard upon reading this post

dude you should go to your nearest smoothie king and get the acai cocoa haze bowl

[Image: VJjawbG.png]

See, if i really wanted to get made fun of here, i'd ask if smoothie king had vegan chocolate syrup as a substitute.  but i'm not going to do that.
1 user liked this post: DavidCroquet
Falcon511 wrote:Election day I will probably be on the edge of stroking out with all the stress.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-4-dont-complain-do-something.962805/page-807#post-130359450
Boys club rhetoric…
4 users liked this post: Hap Shaughnessy, Alpacx, AnnoyedCanadian, Propagandhim
(3 hours ago)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Falcon511 wrote:Election day I will probably be on the edge of stroking out with all the stress.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-4-dont-complain-do-something.962805/page-807#post-130359450
Boys club rhetoric…

Pretty sure that’s ableism
3 users liked this post: Potato, kaleidoscopium, AnnoyedCanadian
(6 hours ago)JoeBoy101 wrote:
Morrigan wrote:OK I have to say it... Calling it "sexual harassment" is misleading IMO. The language was hostile, abusive, and vulgar, and of course, completely unacceptable. But it feels like a stretch to call it misogynistic or to imply any kind of sexual intent.

We can strongly condemn the behaviour and language used, and the hypocrisy and double standards and all of that, without resorting to an inaccurate or misleading framing of the situation.

Sometimes I feel sad at the tragic nature of Morrigan that clearly has a sane person trying to claw out from around the edges of her psyche.

But hypocrisy? Double standards? That’s bold things to say when your yelling out of the window in the glass mansion that NepNep built.

I find it so fucking funny that Nepenthe hasn't said this (What Morrigan said) herself, even though it's obvious.  She loves the forum going to bat for her and depicting her as a victim even if it means crushing her "coworker".   If there's an opportunity to turn Nepenthe into an aggrieved party, she'll take it even though she can easily deescalate the situation by not doing that.   She's just sitting back with her feet up.  The most selfish bitch ever.   lol

If she wants to slide into Bdubs role (she obviously does) it behooves her to subtly stoke the flames of dissent against him without being obvious about it. Whether he leaves or gets booted, she’s gonna get that bag.
2 users liked this post: negativecrepe, Propagandhim
https://www.resetera.com/threads/andrew-garfield-and-elmo-have-a-heartfelt-talk-and-it%E2%80%99s-all-tearful-yet-warm-vibes.1013580/

[Image: tenor.gif]
3 users liked this post: TylenolJones, HaughtyFrank, AnnoyedCanadian
(3 hours ago)TylenolJones wrote:
(3 hours ago)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Boys club rhetoric…

Pretty sure that’s ableism

I wonder how Ra jerks off, if he actually is paralyzed

Badass Subscribe to Info Wars! Phil gay
1 user liked this post: kaleidoscopium
(4 hours ago)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-416#post-130355259

Zeliard wrote:
Oghuz wrote:It's sport for them.

But you will never see any of this on mainstream Western news because the victims aren't Israeli. Governments and media are all complicit and I hope there is a special place in hell for them.
It's people here too, which is hard to call out cause you might know some of these fools and it's often a ban. But that's, while less impactful in the big scheme of things, so much sadder because these are ostensible allies. This is supposed to be a popular progressive forum. But they so often carry water for the other side, inadvertently or not.

It's a substantial amount of the main Poli thread, who absolutely could not give less of a fuck about Palestinians, and that's glaringly obvious to anyone with a pulse. It's obvious in the comments, it's obvious in the general tenor. And the tenor of the forum as a whole too, where threads like this are basically ghettoized.

It risks a ban, but who gives a fuck. This place has become embarrassing enough that r/news of all places has had their head on straight a hell of a lot more.
This is just a vapid demand that others socially signal agreement with you. Posting ISRAEL FUCK OFF EAT THE HELL OUT OF ME isn't going to do anything.
4 users liked this post: Boredfrom, Propagandhim, AnnoyedCanadian, DavidCroquet
Quote:123 users active in the past 15 minutes (19 members, 3 of whom are invisible, and 101 guests).

[Image: make-america-great-again-maga.gif]

Register now

Also I'm officially available for the position of General Manager at ResetEra. 
I will make your board great again like this place.
You know how companies send out slightly altered emails to see where there are leaks.
3 users liked this post: kaleidoscopium, Alpacx, AnnoyedCanadian
(3 hours ago)Nintex wrote:
Quote:123 users active in the past 15 minutes (19 members, 3 of whom are invisible, and 101 guests).

[Image: make-america-great-again-maga.gif]

Register now

Also I'm officially available for the position of General Manager at ResetEra. 
I will make your board great again like this place.

You don’t even need a paid email to sign up here, it’s so easy!
arimanius

Quote:I agree that this place ought to be that way and use to be. It's not close to as bad as the old place but over time it has slid backwards unfortunately.

How has it slid backwards? You fucking terrorist simps are running the forum along with the trans mafia.

Tinfoil
(10-17-2024, 03:45 PM)DocWager wrote:
(10-17-2024, 03:22 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: And that's after burning down the forum's normies to appease her racist ranting off site

That’s the hardest thing not to repeat here because it’s still so baffling. Let’s go through it again. The most dramatic moment in the forums history, he goes on a death squad mission to hunt down forum members on an offsite Discord, then when they won’t comply, he eradicates the majority of them, and creates a mod approved thread for talking politics, that favors a one sided left wing stance. And he proudly announced it to forum members like he displayed dead bodies outsize his saloon. All for a mod he clearly doesn’t see eye to eye on politics.

Like you can see eventually it would boil over between the two. Especially when Nep in a far left fascist rhetoric is incapable of having a fair conversation with anyone outside her political beliefs. What a fatal mistake, and now his sanity is broken! You just have to laugh.

(8 hours ago)Steven Snell wrote: [Image: 70c8e72a09c78fb899ee49002a613469.png]

B-dubs is a dead man walking. Big Trans Boss Kyuuji piling on the pressure.

Guess this is the result of the discord convos and the Trans media backing Nep.

Fuck off you cunts.
1 user liked this post: AnnoyedCanadian
(3 hours ago)benji wrote: This is just a vapid demand that others socially signal agreement with you. Posting ISRAEL FUCK OFF EAT THE HELL OUT OF ME isn't going to do anything.
I apologize for sexually harassing the State of Israel. But I will note that at no time was this sex slavery.
5 users liked this post: AnnoyedCanadian, Alpacx, BIONIC, Propagandhim, DavidCroquet
(3 hours ago)Propagandhim wrote:
(4 hours ago)Uncle wrote:
(4 hours ago)Propagandhim wrote: I almost spit my Vitamin Water XXX acai blueberry out all over my keyboard upon reading this post

[i mg]https://i.imgur.com/VJjawbG.png[/img]

See, if i really wanted to get made fun of here, i'd ask if smoothie king had vegan chocolate syrup as a substitute.  but i'm not going to do that.

1 user liked this post: Propagandhim
You see that 3000 Hulkamaniacs/Guests. All that I typed was true. You are our allies. You need to arm up… But I’m positive you have after Mod Princess Bubblegum ordered you to.
5 users liked this post: Potato, D3RANG3D, AnnoyedCanadian, Nintex, benji
Guests, Imagine a board where you can post your opinion without having to worry about being banned, freely share your coomer bait and learn how to win in Dragonball Sparking ZERO. And get actual inside scoops about the Nintendo Switch 2 and many more things from the best people.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: GXIdQqubEAIQq9A?format=jpg]

That is how great your board could be if you wanted it Trumps

But maybe you prefer the suicides and being losers.
2 users liked this post: killamajig, D3RANG3D
Can’t believe Morricunt is denying that B-Chubs lynched a queer black woman and fucked her still warm corpse at the town square.
B-Lore liked a post:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-did-you-get-over-your-addictions.1013070/#post-130324989
1 user liked this post: AnnoyedCanadian
the fact that bdubs' original point is buried because he said eat me DSP 

dat narrative control
5 users liked this post: Potato, DavidCroquet, kaleidoscopium, benji, AnnoyedCanadian
200 guests lol
2 users liked this post: Potato, AnnoyedCanadian
to the 200 guests:

do any of you know why blame space is banned  ???
Kabuki "I hate the Jews" Waq

Quote:Netanyahu has proven to be a bigger terrorist and threat to humanity ..then anyone Isreal has killed.

From what I've seen and what people have said in this thread, Isreal is a anti-Semitic dog whistle.

Israel isn't real gets shortened to Isreal so the Hamas supporters can say it and people may think it's a typo. Except with these twats it never is.

GungHo or whatever the fuck it was before / Alek

Quote:I agree, for me it comes down to actual consequences. If your redemption is monetised for content, then there are no actual consequences and there's no reason the audience should even consider, a genuine possibility that you might become a better person.

Speaking abstractly, I don't agree that people are usually speaking completely irredeemable. As someone that's spent time working in a mental health capacity with people from all walks of life, including ex prisoners, I really can't believe that. I have seen remarkable things from people that others would have written off. However, I do think Asmongold, without a drastic change of circumstances, is irredeemable.

As I said in my post above, the only thing I would accept would be if he deplatformed himself and recognised that, given the type of person he is, he shouldn't be a social media personality. But what we will almost certainly see instead, is some redemption attempt, fake or otherwise, played up for content, until he slips up again.

He has nothing valuable to contribute to anyone on his platform. If he wanted to improve he wouldn't be posting youtube videos, he'd remove himself from the platform, using his wealth to compensate some of the harm that he's caused and pursuing therapy alongside other sensible avenues of self-improvement.

The fact that Hamasanabi wasn't banned is pure horseshit.

Also the title "Games User Researcher", the fuck is that? You have some trash ass YouTube channel most likely that no one gives a fuck about.

effing "I hate the Jews" vic

Quote:This is zionism

Fuck Biden and Harris forever for supporting these atrocities.

Again, I can see this asshole and HamasEra doing this in a random field somewhere. Some terrorist forum you got going there B-Dumbs.

[Image: 4RH2hD3.gif]
3 users liked this post: Cheststrongwell, killamajig, DavidCroquet
We are in front of the largest amount of guests in Bire history…
[Image: GFRTm6DWkAAUpdK.jpg]