Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Propagandhim dateline='[url=tel:1720977692' wrote: 1720977692[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/post-125799267
higemaru wrote:I mean fascism was an aesthetic philosophy before it's a political philosophy. Trump, whether he knows it or not, embodies the American mutation of Italian fascism and that picture is proof of it. "Cool" is subjective but the photo is of a "leader" (inasmuch as he is one) withstanding an attack and showing defiance and a reserve of strength in the immediate aftermath. It's a textbook fascist image.

I mean, no it wasn't.  It's very clearly delineated what fascism is in texts, when it was devised, what it was, etc.  The flippant way you idiots use this term has somehow taught you it's okay to muddy the water with haphazard vocabulary that nothing means anything anymore, which is the reason you can say random shit like this and nobody cares or calls you out on it, and consequently, nobody ever takes you people seriously.

It totally did start as aesthetics, with Marinetti and the futurists

This is also why Ezra pound was involved
(07-14-2024, 05:23 PM)Nintex wrote:
nepenthe wrote:If Trump had died yesterday, I would've cut off my dominant arm

what a sick person

o-ok, so I guess that means nepenthe is left handed, because she realized it would sound weird to say cut off my left arm, but knew internally that cutting off her right arm wouldn't be as much of a sacrifice since she's left handed?
(07-14-2024, 05:34 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/post-125799267
higemaru wrote:I mean fascism was an aesthetic philosophy before it's a political philosophy. Trump, whether he knows it or not, embodies the American mutation of Italian fascism and that picture is proof of it. "Cool" is subjective but the photo is of a "leader" (inasmuch as he is one) withstanding an attack and showing defiance and a reserve of strength in the immediate aftermath. It's a textbook fascist image.

I mean, no it wasn't.  It's very clearly delineated what fascism is in texts, when it was devised, what it was, etc.  The flippant way you idiots use this term has somehow taught you it's okay to muddy the water with haphazard vocabulary that nothing means anything anymore, which is the reason you can say random shit like this and nobody cares or calls you out on it, and consequently, nobody ever takes you people seriously.

Nah, futurism was fundamentally an artistic and cultural movement and it had no real political ideology. Its primary aim was to revolutionize art and culture, not to create a new system of government and to tie it to fascism is an oversimplification.  Marinetti's futurism was co-opted, superficially, into Mussolini's fascism after the fact, not before it - there's no semblance of the tenets of fascism in the Futurist Manifesto, which was published a decade before Mussolini's movement.  And it's easy to make this mistake, because everyone keeps referring to "fascism" as this vague thing, when in reality it's a very specific, well-delineated ideology.   If you read the Futurist Manifesto and see a connection to the tenets of 'fascism' in that, then everything could be claimed be the core originator of fascsism - fascism drew from nationalist movements, syndicalism, and reactionary philosophies far more than futurism. It's just an extreme stretch. Pound became drawn to fascist ideology in the 1920s and 1930s because of the economic theories (he particularly hated usury), not from futurism.  It absolutely did not start as an aesthetic, it started with Mussolini's politics and emerged from very specific reasons (WWI aftermath, fear of communism, resentment over territorial losses, Perceived ineffectiveness of democratic governments in addressing economic and social problems, etc).
(07-14-2024, 11:46 AM)Bootsthecat wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/dear-closeted-and-questioning-people-the-clinic-is-open.926862/

Tyrant t2 consulting agency is back open!

Previously on Dear Cis People
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dear-cis-people.916938/page-2?post=125672406#post-125672406
Quote:Actually this will be my last bump on this thread to remind those with questions to ask them, for those in the closet to feel safe to speak with me. You are loved regardless.
Who is the moron that made Nepenthe an administrator again?
(07-14-2024, 05:51 PM)Ribosome wrote: Who is the moron that made Nepenthe an administrator again?

Probably B-Dubs to have his n-word privileges.
Propagandhim dateline='[url=tel:1720979080' wrote: 1720979080[/url]']
Besticus Maximus dateline='[url=tel:1720978484' wrote: 1720978484[/url]']

Nah, futurism was fundamentally an artistic and cultural movement and it had no real political ideology. Its primary aim was to revolutionize art and culture, not to create a new system of government and to tie it to fascism is an oversimplification.  Marinetti's futurism was co-opted, superficially, into Mussolini's fascism after the fact, not before it - there's no semblance of the tenets of fascism in the Futurist Manifesto, which was published a decade before Mussolini's movement.  And it's easy to make this mistake, because everyone keeps referring to "fascism" as this vague thing, when in reality it's a very specific, well-delineated ideology.   If you read the Futurist Manifesto and see a connection to the tenets of 'fascism' in that, then everything could be claimed be the core originator of fascsism - fascism drew from nationalist movements, syndicalism, and reactionary philosophies far more than futurism. It's just an extreme stretch. Pound became drawn to fascist ideology in the 1920s and 1930s because of the economic theories (he particularly hated usury), not from futurism.  It absolutely did not start as an aesthetic, it started with Mussolini's politics and emerged from very specific reasons (WWI aftermath, fear of communism, resentment over territorial losses, Perceived ineffectiveness of democratic governments in addressing economic and social problems, etc).

Marinetti wrote the fascist manifesto and I’ve read it and it’s 1000% about aesthetics. Being real so is mein kampf, which is essentially a long form shit post about why hitler has good taste in stuff and everyone else is objectively wrong
Quote:Is the official staff communication #2 going to be enforced or is it just like, a feelings thing?

Judgment Day
Spoiler:  (click to show)

Dead
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Nintex
(07-14-2024, 06:30 PM)D3RANG3D wrote:

Dead

[Image: 8RMHtI.gif]
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(07-14-2024, 06:12 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote:
Propagandhim dateline='[url=tel:1720979080' wrote: 1720979080[/url]']
Besticus Maximus dateline='[url=tel:1720978484' wrote: 1720978484[/url]']

Marinetti wrote the fascist manifesto and I’ve read it and it’s 1000% about aesthetics. Being real so is mein kampf, which is essentially a long form shit post about why hitler has good taste in stuff and everyone else is objectively wrong

What part of the Manifesto (or in the Doctrine of Fascism, speeches, his news articles, or elsewhere) implies an origin in aesthetics?  Maybe I read it wrong.
(07-14-2024, 04:01 AM)Superstar wrote:
Quote:I don't like this guy at all. I hate him. HATE. But I've been with people who've crumbled in really bad situations where you thought they wouldn't and those who you thought would crumble but didn't... and I have respect for this dude now. I do not give a shit what anyone tells me. And even -IF- he had the fucking wherewithal to pull himself together in milliseconds to use this as an opportunity to spin this as a positive for himself, then that makes him one badass villain and he probably deserves the win.

You can't write a better villain arc than this. It is fucking crazy. Things people would obsess over if it was a streaming series.

But I'm one of the stupid people, so don't mind my opinion.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/post-125787237

Quote: Cop User Banned (Duration Pending): Inflammatory drive-by trolling
drive by? that post had more forethought than 90% of the thread.
(07-14-2024, 07:09 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: drive by? that post had more forethought than 90% of the thread.

The mods see wrong-think and have a wheel they spin, "inflammatory comparison, drive-by, concern trolling...."  It's not like anyone can argue it.
Incredible, it’s now bannable to say that Trump is remarkable for surviving an assassination attempt. 

What a great forum you’ve cultivated B Dubs.
(07-14-2024, 07:15 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Incredible, it’s now bannable to say that Trump is remarkable for surviving an assassination attempt. 

Not ban worthy, but I wouldn’t use the word “remarkable” when “dumb luck” applies.
Seaneko wrote:Almost exactly one year ago I made a LTTP thread about DmC regarding my appalled reaction to its flagrant misogyny and its poor depiction of its female characters. And almost immediately I go replies from people telling me but um ackshully the gameplay is good and mainline DMC is no better in its treatment of women. And to that I say FUCK OFF, especially after I repeatedly acknowledged DMC's own writing issues in that very thread. Which brings me to the point of me making a new topic about this. I've honestly grown rather sick of discourse surrounding DmC and how people - from both its fans AND its haters - seem to ignore the really important problems this game's writing suffers from. I don't care whether people think it's the best DmC game or whether it's a good game but a bad DMC game - what I care about is the visceral distate I felt the entire time I was playing this game and felt it was a direct attack on marginalized groups from developers who possessed genuine bigotry towards, and no amount of people telling me that the gameplay is actually amazing and the best in the series or what the fuck ever is going to change how I feel about these issues.

So yeah, come on and tell me after I wrote all that that DmC is still the best game ever 10/10 the haters are so unreasonable. I'm not letting this shit go because I want to force people to come out and acknowledge this game's problems if I fucking have to, because anytime a thread comes along and the drive-by defenders parrot the same shit I've been hearing the last 10+ years it just drives me up a fucking wall considering what this game actually represents for the writers' own beliefs and the general attitude of the industry at the time.

No1curr

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-dmcs-issues-regarding-its-treatment-of-women-and-other-marginalized-groups-and-the-fans-that-ignore-them.927066/
Has anyone thought about DmC for even a moment in the last decade?
(07-14-2024, 07:38 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Seaneko wrote:Almost exactly one year ago I made a LTTP thread about DmC regarding my appalled reaction to its flagrant misogyny and its poor depiction of its female characters. And almost immediately I go replies from people telling me but um ackshully the gameplay is good and mainline DMC is no better in its treatment of women. And to that I say FUCK OFF, especially after I repeatedly acknowledged DMC's own writing issues in that very thread. Which brings me to the point of me making a new topic about this. I've honestly grown rather sick of discourse surrounding DmC and how people - from both its fans AND its haters - seem to ignore the really important problems this game's writing suffers from. I don't care whether people think it's the best DmC game or whether it's a good game but a bad DMC game - what I care about is the visceral distate I felt the entire time I was playing this game and felt it was a direct attack on marginalized groups from developers who possessed genuine bigotry towards, and no amount of people telling me that the gameplay is actually amazing and the best in the series or what the fuck ever is going to change how I feel about these issues.

So yeah, come on and tell me after I wrote all that that DmC is still the best game ever 10/10 the haters are so unreasonable. I'm not letting this shit go because I want to force people to come out and acknowledge this game's problems if I fucking have to, because anytime a thread comes along and the drive-by defenders parrot the same shit I've been hearing the last 10+ years it just drives me up a fucking wall considering what this game actually represents for the writers' own beliefs and the general attitude of the industry at the time.

No1curr

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-dmcs-issues-regarding-its-treatment-of-women-and-other-marginalized-groups-and-the-fans-that-ignore-them.927066/

Bravely taking on a 11 year old game no one talks about
(07-14-2024, 03:50 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
Quote:User banned (1 month): attacking and misrepresenting members of staff
Mod edit: this sort of behavior remains unacceptable
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/post-125801058

They keep deleting posts that presumably call out the inconsistency in the bans

Fast to action criticism of the mods, but very little action taken to ban those calling for Trump to be murdered.
Nothing to see here
(07-14-2024, 07:38 PM)Boredfrom wrote:

No1curr

Lol, he's holding on a grudge  lol
(07-14-2024, 07:15 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Incredible, it’s now bannable to say that Trump is remarkable for surviving an assassination attempt. 

Seriously, if there was ever a moment for Trump to get out of this life and retire to golfing, this was it.
All he had to do was stay on the ground, wait for the secret service to take him away and suspend his campaign to "recover".
Leaving the RNC to J.D. Vance, Rubio or whoever else. 

But instead, he stood up like a boss after he got shot, towered above the secret service agents, shook his fist and told everyone to fight on.

2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
I love how mealy-mouthed the Trump thread title still is. Trump shot? Attempted assassination?

No, he suffered an ear wound in a probable assassination attempt but we can’t be sure.

Downplay a presidential candidate’s wounds but literally anything that happens to us is genocide.

Applause
3 users liked this post: Superstar, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-84?post=125810790#post-125810790

Professor Beef wrote:
ElectricBlanketFire wrote:Staff member of U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) fired over post telling a future gunman to take shooting lessons to make sure “you don’t miss”
fired over free speech smh
                 Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.
                 /
ERAsure of the marginalized!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dark-souls-deserves-its-strong-association-with-high-challenge-modern-game-design-and-ill-tell-you-why.927108/

Another one lol

(07-13-2024, 11:45 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-kind-of-love-how-elden-ring-only-has-one-difficulty-option.926793/

This one has been going as expected
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-3?post=125774658#post-125774658
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): glorifying political violence
CHC wrote:Yo fuck the martyr shit, Trump dead is better than what we have now. Fuck him and I hope he dies

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-7?post=125775450#post-125775450
Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): inflammatory and offensive commentary
GardenPepper wrote:Nobody should be celebrating anything like this. That's absurd. This is third-world country crap.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-11?post=125776164#post-125776164
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Advocating political violence
jakomocha wrote:
Mushlikeahusky wrote:If anyone is celebrating this you are an awful person
You're right, shouldn't have missed

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-12?post=125776281#post-125776281
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theories
Bloodforge wrote:This whole thing seems so staged to me.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-13?post=125776575#post-125776575
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): advocating violence
The Lord of Cereal wrote:Too bad they only hit an ear, fucking John Hinkley Jr ass shot

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-14?post=125776734#post-125776734
Imperial Bishop wrote:No way in fucking hell this wasn't planned.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-17?post=125777265#post-125777265
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory accusations toward other users
VinFTW wrote:Y'all are pathetic. No one is buying your subtle attempts at actually wanting him to win over this. Genz dgaf. Moderate republicans aren't going to make a difference. This doesn't change project 2025. No one wants to live in that timeline. No one but evil.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-23?post=125779482#post-125779482
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Advocating political violence
Abhor wrote:What the fuck? Shame it was a couple inches off. His campaign will absolutely milk the fact he survived.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-27?post=125780598#post-125780598
Quote: Cop User banned (3 months): Inflammatory accusations in a sensitive thread, attempted derail, prior ban for similar behavior
Rockets wrote:
Kemal86 wrote:oh come the FUCK on. even here? in this thread? you're really bringing that HERE?
…I don't see that's irrelevant to the conversation? It's literally still happening. Or do Palestinian lives not matter?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-30?post=125781414#post-125781414
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): glorifying political violence
Duane wrote:
Dogma wrote:Hopefully none. Wishing a man dead just because you don't like him makes you a terrible person. Don't be fucking gross.
Counterpoint: fuck Trump, I wish it would've landed right between his eyes and split open his shit filled rotten skull, we'd all be better off for it. 🫡

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-40?post=125784243#post-125784243
Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): attacking other posters
vanripofficial wrote:
Sparkedglory2 wrote:As much as I hate the piece of shit, this isn't the way to go about things.
Lol

KNZFive wrote:I'm glad it didn't kill him. Lord knows what kind of insane fallout there would be if it did. The Republican ticket would win 100% and you have someone more competent and stable implementing Project 2025 and possibly even more draconian fascist policies.
This is actually the dumbest post I've ever seen on this forum and it isn't even close

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-41?post=125784456#post-125784456
Stuntman wrote:100% blade job, it's a work not a shoot brutherrr

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-61?post=125793348#post-125793348
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): concern trolling over a series of posts
Jokerman wrote:
Coyote Starrk wrote:"I never said it was "cool" I said it was badass!"

Are you listening to yourself?
I'm not getting involved any further. Just look up the definition of badass. It doesn't mean 'cool'.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-64?post=125794977#post-125794977
Flipmenex wrote:Awful that some people died and got injured.

Everything about this screams false flag to make Trump look good.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-67?post=125796393#post-125796393
Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): concern trolling over a series of posts
Fiery Phoenix wrote:
Iztok wrote:Examples of this extreme rhetoric?
Or do you mean just stating facts, like that he's a civilly liable rapist, convincted criminal, fraudster, inciter of riots, etc?
None of those things. This is part of the roundtable (starts around 7:00 mark):
They refer to the general rhetoric of how he is going to "destroy" the democratic system if he is elected, and how repeatedly saying such things can steer some folks the wrong way.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-73?post=125800389#post-125800389
Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Endorsing political violence.
Durden wrote:I'm sorry but hell yeah. It's about fucking time someone tried.

klobbbbbbb
ProfessorBeef wrote:oh god not another biden speech

probably some hypocritical nonsense like "we don't condone violence in america but in gaza it's ok" or "trump is a threat to democracy but get well soon sir 🫡 "

People should be like you and be happy about mentally ill people killing themselves. 

Fucking bitch ass crocodile tears for Gaza, you fuck. Rolleyes
I don't condone violence in America.  doggy
(07-14-2024, 10:53 AM)benji wrote: JEFF CHECK:

Don't worry, he's got some advice for a woman too:

Still hasn't deleted these yet? Benji lost his touch.