Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(07-15-2023, 03:32 AM)benji wrote:
(07-15-2023, 03:11 AM)Venice wrote: Is this him?

https://old.reddit.com/user/planetsmasher

Definitely writes like our favourite unfunny comedian.

If so, looks like he was hooked on Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius and had a massive gambling addiction problem.
https://old.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6vbw3i/do_we_like_46_hour_long_trials/dm0kpfr/ wrote:planetsmasher(GL 767,399,870) 1 point 5 years ago

No. I don't even have time for a two-hour boss fight. I have a job and a life.
Unsure if this is him.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
IIRC, I'm pretty sure it is.

dunno
2 users liked this post: YuYu, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(07-15-2023, 06:07 AM)benji wrote: People should just start posting "sounds better than the recent Marvel movies" in random threads to see if ZeoVGM responds.

That's literally asking for a ban.
1 user liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
Hecht -

Quote:Depends on how you define "respect," honestly.

I have plenty of friend groups where I'm the butt of the joke, but it's not that way the entire time. Sometimes it's someone else, because I can hold my own when it comes to the humor.

If it's not a close group of friends, then it all comes down to standing up for yourself. If the bullshit is unsubstantiated, then you come back with the truth. If that doesn't work, deflect onto one of the shittier people coming after you. If you have no desire to be close friends with these people, but you HAVE to interact with them, show them you mean business. You do your shit, and that's what matters. Despite all this, some people will still try to use you as a punching bag, and if that's the case, ignore 'em. If they're just blowing smoke because of their inadequacies, then fuck 'em. Not worth your time.

If you know you are right in a situation, then stand up for yourself. That's the short version.

Cerium -

[Image: 98e77256-9cef-4708-94c0-05cae614ea43_text.gif]
(07-15-2023, 01:15 AM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/trans-women-cyclists-being-moved-to-new-men-open-category-the-international-cycling-union-have-decided.742152/page-2#post-108980874
plagiarize (Moderator), post: 108980874, member: 1940 wrote:I sure as hell picked the worst time to come out as trans. This shit really pisses me off.

I run a lot. I'm setting personal bests right now. I want to start HRT asap and I know I'm going to get slower. And I don't fucking care.

Getting to be myself is far more important. No one is doing this shit in 2023 in order to do better in sports.

This is actively delusional.

Professional cyclists have fucking blood transfusions to gain a minor competitive advantage and game the letter of the law, but NO ONE has ever considered saying "I'm a transwoman now" to immediately gain a huge competitive edge?

Because, what, the fucking inviolable sanctity of the concept of the trans experience?

Even if we concede the claim nobody right now is doing it, why would you back the idea nobody ever would?
(07-15-2023, 02:47 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: All their hormones do is cause them to develop tissues that kind of look like secondary sexual characteristics of the other sex. It does not magically make them feel better in any way, it is purely about becoming more sexually attractive in their own minds eye because there are no physical benefits to taking cross sex hormones for men, only side effects.

They treat it as if it's a detox and washing the testosterone away makes them a good brahmin

Being a straight man on that board is a no no.  But if you want to change that all you have to do is start taking hormones and boom, you're a woman! Now everybody has to listen to you. Otherwise they're transphobic.

Wash the testosterone and toxicity away with.....

Estrogen+.   (product of the Disney Corp)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-the-plot-to-dcs-canceled-batgirl-movie-has-been-leaked-on-twitter-still-missing-some-details-though.742410/post-108999999 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:We start with a young Barbara Gordon in ballet class. She sees the martial arts class through a window and sneaks in. She meets her best friends here, Jason Bard and Alysia Yeoh. With the help of her photographic memory, she uses some moves she saw to take down a bigger kid.
This is all I really needed to see. This cape movie would have been panned in the early 2000s, let alone today

If you lack imagination maybe

Sure it reads as a little dull, but it's just a brief description. The character in the comics is known for have photographic memory so its not like they made shit up, and with the right execution the scene could work

At the very least, it establishes why she has any potential at all as a future vigilante

I mean, sure, with THE POWER OF IMAGINATION any ropey old shit you read a precis of is actually amazing
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Entremet wrote:But it's definitely a "BC/AD" separation for me. I mean, even COVID itself, which is still killing people, still disabling people. I had long COVID myself and luckily I'm through the worse, by I know my athletic performance sucks way more now and I don't know if I'll get back to pre-COVID. Again, I'm lucky. I'm just more winded doing cardio than before. Docs don't have an answer.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-feel-like-covid-fundamentally-changed-the-world-but-most-of-the-world-is-in-denial.742455/

Well, that explains why you got dumber…
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
(07-14-2023, 10:18 PM)jooseloose wrote:
(07-14-2023, 08:36 PM)MMM wrote: Got banned for calling a public figure a cunt. When did this come in? For years and years I have been calling all kinds of public figures cunts in Resetera. Always male public figures. I have always been under the impression that it is acceptable language in subjects in British news. Never once had an issue until now. Cunts. Cunts. Cunts. Cunts. Cunts. Appealed it and the cunts started being cunts. The cunts. Cunts. Cunts. Cunts. Fucking cunts. Cunts.
Rather than being a forum-wide announcement, it was hidden away in the Constructive Community Discussion in the Announcements sub-forum that the vast majority of users don't know about or rarely check. Felt like they were being deliberately coy with the announcement just so they could ban people for using it.

TL;DR Americans are hilariously precious as fuck with the use of the word, literally no one uses it as a gendered insult out of the US, but the forum is US-centric as fuck. If you're a woman using it, you're fine. 

Was funny watching them flail around when asked about non-binary users using the term.

Thanks for pointing this out to me. Would have been helpful if the 'Resetera staff' member pointed this out to me when I appealed the ban instead of 'it's always been banned' they wrote. 

How do they know who is and is not a woman? How do they know I am not a woman reclaiming the word? Why is context important when it comes to women reclaiming the word but not important when it comes to the culture of a whole country, where it is almost exclusively used towards men with no misogynist connotations? 

What if I, a British Muslim, find people on Era talking about burning the Quran offensive? I have seen people on Era supporting the burning of the Quran. Is calling someone a cunt really worse than that? Of course, I hold freedom of speech very highly and think people should be able to do all of these things, regardless of how disgusting I find some of it. I am in the UK and know what happens when the government start clamping down on this stuff. People end up getting arrested for Tweets. Fuck that. But if you prescribe to ideology of hate speech, then burning the Quran is hate speech. There is no context for which it isn't. There is a context for which 'cunt' is not hate speech. But burning the Quran? There can not possibly be an argument for it not being a hate speech if you agree that hate speech policy should be implemented. I saw people on there supporting a guy covering the Quran in bacon and setting fire to it. That is the most clear cut form of hate speech. To go out of your way to burn a scared text. The forum is clearly not inclusive of Muslims in this regard. If cunt is hate speech then so covering the Quran and burning it is on another level of hate speech. Not even comparable. One is clearly much worse and requires far more effort to go to. 

But whatever, I am ranting about double standards that they could not give a fuck about. The fact is that Muslims don't matter because we hold different views. So the rules that 'protect' other minorities do not apply to Muslims.
2 users liked this post: jorma, Taco Bell Tower
Reeeeee No1curr
That female members are "reclaiming" it if they use it as an insult is BS anyway. You don't reclaim insults if you keep using them as insults. That recent phrase of "Serving cunt" is actual reclaiming, and unsurprisingly it's used by women and (mostly gay) men.
2 users liked this post: benji, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it-looks-like-exoprimal-uses-ai-generated-voice-acting-in-its-brazilian-dub-for-an-ai-character.742515/
No one read that, MMM.
4 users liked this post: nampad, Potato, Taco Bell Tower, Hap Shaughnessy
https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-pm-rishi-sunak-dealt-blow-as-court-rules-rwanda-deportation-plan-unlawful.740514/#post-108750897

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling Around Misogynistic Language; Account in Junior Phase
gimp wrote:
PinkSpider wrote:I think we had a thread. The banning of the C word probably stopped many UK users responding.
I actually came in solely for this reason ffs
Are their skins really that thin? ???
(07-15-2023, 05:56 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-pm-rishi-sunak-dealt-blow-as-court-rules-rwanda-deportation-plan-unlawful.740514/#post-108750897

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling Around Misogynistic Language; Account in Junior Phase
gimp wrote:
PinkSpider wrote:I think we had a thread. The banning of the C word probably stopped many UK users responding.
I actually came in solely for this reason ffs
Are their skins really that thin? ???
Implied Facepalm
(07-15-2023, 03:53 PM)MMM wrote: Thanks for pointing this out to me. Would have been helpful if the 'Resetera staff' member pointed this out to me when I appealed the ban instead of 'it's always been banned' they wrote. 

How do they know who is and is not a woman? How do they know I am not a woman reclaiming the word? Why is context important when it comes to women reclaiming the word but not important when it comes to the culture of a whole country, where it is almost exclusively used towards men with no misogynist connotations? 

[...]

But whatever, I am ranting about double standards that they could not give a fuck about. The fact is that Muslims don't matter because we hold different views. So the rules that 'protect' other minorities do not apply to Muslims.

[Image: 971760d0-854c-4f60-b8fed71.gif]
(07-15-2023, 04:00 PM)BIONIC wrote: Reeeeee No1curr

The Bire is an uninviting trash fire at the crossroads of did Filler just post hog?
6 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, JoeBoy101, benji, Potato, Taco Bell Tower, BIONIC
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-am-45-years-old-and-watched-the-wonder-years-every-tuesday-night-and-i-would-have-bet-you-anything-that-joe-cocker-was-a-black-man.742374/

Progressive, leftist forum, ResetEra discussing which artists "sound Black".
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-275#post-109003437

rjinaz wrote:RFK dialing up the antisemitism. This still the billionaire CEO's guy?
What
(07-15-2023, 05:47 PM)CHOW CHOW wrote: No one read that, MMM.

I forgot what I wrote in it and will not be reading through whatever dross I wrote to give the tl;dr

Just let me say cunt on Era. Pls. I cannot effectively convey my thoughts without this one word. I need it.
2 users liked this post: benji, Taco Bell Tower
You were trying to express a thought on Era? No wonder you were banned. wag
7 users liked this post: nampad, Tucker's Law, benji, Uncle, BIONIC, Potato, Taco Bell Tower
(07-15-2023, 03:32 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Entremet wrote:But it's definitely a "BC/AD" separation for me. I mean, even COVID itself, which is still killing people, still disabling people. I had long COVID myself and luckily I'm through the worse, by I know my athletic performance sucks way more now and I don't know if I'll get back to pre-COVID. Again, I'm lucky. I'm just more winded doing cardio than before. Docs don't have an answer.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-feel-like-covid-fundamentally-changed-the-world-but-most-of-the-world-is-in-denial.742455/

Well, that explains why you got dumber…

He feels like Covid-19 fundamentally changed the world?  No shit, Sherlock!  Mindblown
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, killamajig
BDumbs wrote:Or maybe it didn't fundamentally change the world and you wish it did?

Hesright

Or at least it didn’t change the world in the way he wanted. 

Humans are social creatures by default, they will adapt to the new reality in a way that is “normal” than a huge societal change that will justify your hermit misanthropic life style of demanding working at home.

entremet wrote:I honestly, think the world rushed to quickly to get back to normal without the important supports people needed to transition from that world event. And, honestly, I get it. You want to forget bad things, wearing masks was annoying ,etc. But I think we're going to look and see that we really rushed this thing and hurt billions of people. Not just with treatment itself but with people's mental health, social health, and financial well being.

Doge

But that is the whole reason why it was opened up after two years. Have you seen how China population reacted after two years of zero COVID? They actually force Xi and CCP to open up.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-5-and-half-years-long-relationship-just-ended.742557/
Quote:Hello, Era.

It was my longest relationship. I really loved her. I don't know what to feel now but I really loved her. She was constantly arguing with me. She hated my parents. She was comparing me with the other guys for years. Yeah I am gonna make a summary now.

We started to date in 2018 and she always talk about a guy that she couldn't forget while we were dating but meanwhile she said she wanted to marry me. We were both at college back then. I got it but why want marry me if you don’t like my acts? We solved it but then she constantly breaks up with me or hangs up the phone while we were arguing. Years have passed. We got better but core problems remained and she is talking bad about my parents again. She thinks they are the reason why we can’t marry and I did everything for my mother and my girlfriend to get among well. My parents tried to like her and they tried to feel her comfortable but Last sunday she visited our home and it was the first time I thought everything is solved but no she bring up another problem a day later and she stopped talking to me again. I tried to apologize and she blamed my parents again.

We went to holiday in wednesday. Everything was good at first but then again she argued. We solved by talking and she argued again the cycle continued. I was thinking about breaking up but when we went to city she said she loves me and I settled down but when I texted her yesterday she said she hates my parents she doesn’t want to talk to them. Today we went to drink coffee and I said tried my best but I can’t carry on anymore then she left and cried but when I was going home she called me and texted me over and over again. I don’t want to talk to her again but one of my part misses her.

She said marriage will solve all of the problems but I was afraid that worse things can happen. I am really upset right now. She wants me back but I don’t know. I suffered a lot in this releationship and I love her but I am not sure.
Dayum
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Boredfrom
amazes me how so many men miss those massive fucking red flags in beginning. talking about another man?

my man... come on. comparing you to other men? wake the fuck up brother
(07-15-2023, 04:10 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: That female members are "reclaiming" it if they use it as an insult is BS anyway. You don't reclaim insults if you keep using them as insults. That recent phrase of "Serving cunt" is actual reclaiming, and unsurprisingly it's used by women and (mostly gay) men.
The funny thing is someone actually got banned for saying "serving cunt" and they were female  lol
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji, Taco Bell Tower
Boredfrom dateline='[url=tel:1689435166' wrote: 1689435166[/url]']

Quote:Well I guess the question is, what would you rather happen? Like right now, what changes would you make?

Quote:Honestly more social supports, reduced work weeks, a collective slowing down to let people heal.

A good example was the Child Tax Credit that expired. That helped millions and cost of living only got higher.

Free vaccines forever, free healthcare for COVID sufferers, job training expansion, real student loan forgiveness, I could go on and on.

Everybody is laughing at you!

Quote:I'm doing well haha. It's summer having tons of fun

Everybody is laughing at you! Everybody is laughing at you! Everybody is laughing at you!
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Boredfrom, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/upgrade-your-pb-j.742416/

Nothing Loud wrote:PB&J is my personal sorry I’m not sorry struggle snack champion, right next to cereal, because it can be elevated to a more premium gastronomic experience with a few simple touches.

Don’t use just bread, use a nice one. A challah or brioche or dark rye loaf? Use that. Or for example, I found a keto seeded orowheat loaf that was actually delicious and low carb.

Don’t just use peanut butter, use a mix of it with Nutella or something similar instead. I use chocolate/cacao sunflower butter.

Don’t just use plain jam, use a locally sourced jam, jelly, or marmalade. Use a local fruit jam if you can, in my case I got marionberry jam. In Texas I might get a mango-habanero jelly or something, for example.

So now I’ve got a chocolate sunflower butter and marionberry jam sandwich and it is actually 🔥

The sweet chocolate nuttiness balanced with the acid tart sweetness of the Marionberry was perfect.

Just use this as an excuse to post your favorite PB&J alternatives etc
 Snob
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/which-biopic-can-you-not-believe-hasn’t-been-made-already-and-why-should-there-be-one.740691/#post-108768027

PlanetSmasher, post: 108768027, member: 6260 wrote:Juan Pujol Garcia, the original Double Agent, and a spy so efficient and skilled he was able to get Medals of Honor from both the Axis and the Allies during WW2. Dude hated the Nazis to an unheard of degree and dedicated his entire life to informing the SAS about them, even going so far as to create an entire network of fake spies who were all him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Pujol_García

Like this guy's story is absolutely insane, and they've tried to make narrative biopics about him multiple times but they've always fallen through. I worked on a pitch for a biopic about him but told from his (fellow spy) wife's perspective, but it never took off.

I can’t believe these dumb studio execs wouldn’t develop a PlanetSmasher script. Would’ve been a surefire hit. Sounds about white.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
Fucking Zaslav Rage
(07-14-2023, 08:36 PM)MMM wrote: Got banned for calling a public figure a cunt. When did this come in? For years and years I have been calling all kinds of public figures cunts in Resetera. Always male public figures. I have always been under the impression that it is acceptable language in subjects in British news. Never once had an issue until now. Cunts. Cunts. Cunts. Cunts. Cunts. Appealed it and the cunts started being cunts. The cunts. Cunts. Cunts. Cunts. Fucking cunts. Cunts.

Also, Forspoken actually slapped. Really, really good game. Way too many people on era are insecure about that game, though. Game was a good 7/10. A very good 7/10, in fact. Not bloated, good traversal and combat. Only about 12 hours to finish. Just a great game.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46912.msg2914704#msg2914704

M on August 30, 2020, 10:58:11 AM wrote:Got banned for shaming sex workers and now I am outraged. They will not reply to my email detailing real concerns regarding their moderation.

Been waiting 2 years for a reply to my last email regarding a undeserved ban too.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-feel-like-covid-fundamentally-changed-the-world-but-most-of-the-world-is-in-denial.742455/#post-108995031

B-Dubs, post: 108995031, member: 143 wrote:You know, I've never had someone try and bludgeon me with my own condition before. Congratulations. Turns out things have changed, people are bigger jackasses than ever.

WhoaIsThatMars, post: 108996054, member: 5512 wrote:Look at all your posts in this thread and then re-read this post. What are we doing here?

ABK281, post: 109004076, member: 41771 wrote:Good thing you have such a high up position on this forum, because I've been banned for much more reasonable responses than this.

Not sure that moderation should have such favoritism, but hey, it is what it is.

roguesquirrel, post: 109005729, member: 24072 wrote:man full offense but if you werent the general manager of this forum, you wouldve copped a warning/ban for hostility for this post if not an earlier one. every post of yours in this thread is dripping with smug contempt, is at a level of antagonism the posts you're replying to dont warrant & are inventing sleights that arent in the posts you're responding to (ie claiming the OP thinks the world is "destroyed"). And its not just this thread -- this seems to be your MO in every thread Ive seen you in recently that isnt about forum policy (and even then those posts tend to contain some dig about how the average user on this forum is jackass you dont look forward to handling).

I dont know if its this forum or something else in your life but it seems like you need a big break from something. Taking the position in every thread you're the rational correct voice and then angrily lashing out anyone who says something different (who then have to walk eggshells around you because you're high on the proverbial food chain) isn't a sustainable attitude. I hope you find what you need to take a break from and you're able to get it.

Phil32, post: 109011390, member: 21342 wrote:Showing that that rudeness and hostility are allowed when you're on staff when it shouldn't be allowed for anyone here.
Makes this forum even more miserable and hostile than it needs to be when staff are perpetuating it.

Popcorn Sickos