Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Every time I come back to listening to the album I revel in ongoing-lunatic Max Bemis's ode to ResetERA.com's chosen self-tiring existence at the end:

Admit It!!! wrote:Despite your pseudo-bohemian appearance
And vaguely leftist doctrine of beliefs
You know nothing about art or sex
That you couldn’t read in any trendy New York underground fashion magazine
Prototypical non-conformist
You are a vacuous soldier of the thrift store Gestapo
You adhere to a set of standards and tastes
That appear to be determined by an unseen panel of hipster judges (bullshit)
Giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to incoming and outgoing trends and styles of music and art
Go analog baby, you’re so post-modern
You’re diving face forward into a antiquated past
It’s disgusting, it's offensive, don’t stick your nose up at me

You spend your time sitting in circles with your friends
Pontificating to each other
Forever competing for that one moment of self-aggrandizing glory
In which you hog the intellectual spotlight
Holding dominion over the entire shallow pointless conversation
Oh, we’re not worthy
When you walk by a group of quote-unquote normal people
You chuckle to yourself patting yourself on the back as you scoff
It's the same superiority complex
Shared by the high school jocks who made your life a living hell
And makes you a slave to the competitive capitalist dogma
You spend every moment of your waking life bitching about
Also I kind of really like that riff that comes in in the second verse. I should be more blatantly cringe and put it on the homepage instead of the lamer intellectual quotes. Jamming out! 

Spoiler: Bonus collective nation of white people denying the ownership of Black people content for Nepenthe (click to show)

Quote:You say you hate the shade of my face for my father's sharecrops
My people were slaves before yours invented hip-hop
Apologize, but I'm in on the joke
Another brother to scoff at the dancing patterns of white folk
Thumbs Down 
(05-20-2024, 03:44 AM)remy wrote: I don't think you could pitch a movie less appealing to me than the people's joker

Title: MY ASPIRATIONS

REDMERCURY: In this 3-hour documentary, I will show you why I should be a mod. First, let's listen to a text-to-speech reading of all my posts.
(05-20-2024, 05:43 AM)benji wrote: Every time I come back to listening to the album I revel in ongoing-lunatic Max Bemis's ode to ResetERA.com's chosen self-tiring existence at the end:

Admit It!!! wrote:Despite your pseudo-bohemian appearance
And vaguely leftist doctrine of beliefs
You know nothing about art or sex
That you couldn’t read in any trendy New York underground fashion magazine
Prototypical non-conformist
You are a vacuous soldier of the thrift store Gestapo
You adhere to a set of standards and tastes
That appear to be determined by an unseen panel of hipster judges (bullshit)
Giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to incoming and outgoing trends and styles of music and art
Go analog baby, you’re so post-modern
You’re diving face forward into a antiquated past
It’s disgusting, it's offensive, don’t stick your nose up at me

You spend your time sitting in circles with your friends
Pontificating to each other
Forever competing for that one moment of self-aggrandizing glory
In which you hog the intellectual spotlight
Holding dominion over the entire shallow pointless conversation
Oh, we’re not worthy
When you walk by a group of quote-unquote normal people
You chuckle to yourself patting yourself on the back as you scoff
It's the same superiority complex
Shared by the high school jocks who made your life a living hell
And makes you a slave to the competitive capitalist dogma
You spend every moment of your waking life bitching about
Also I kind of really like that riff that comes in in the second verse. I should be more blatantly cringe and put it on the homepage instead of the lamer intellectual quotes. Jamming out! 

Spoiler: Bonus collective nation of white people denying the ownership of Black people content for Nepenthe (click to show)

Quote:You say you hate the shade of my face for my father's sharecrops
My people were slaves before yours invented hip-hop
Apologize, but I'm in on the joke
Another brother to scoff at the dancing patterns of white folk

I'm more partial to this song which remains relevant to this day

(05-18-2024, 07:35 PM)Potato wrote:
(05-18-2024, 07:26 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: The funniest thing about Bitchdubs I Can't Believe It's Not A Like System like system is its been put into to counteract an unrelenting wave of negativity that somehow shows up in almost every thread, when they could have just tempbanned Postreplysmasher for a few weeks and achieved the same thing

Or demod Nepenthe, ban the trans lunatics, delete the burka brigade thread and allow people to disagree on things...

But that still relies on a moderation team capable of handling conflict, they can’t do this one simple task.
(05-19-2024, 12:06 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: Almost gamer chud Cenauru
Quote:I forgot to post in here when I saw the announcement banner, I think it would be a great feature if managed well. I think the distinct difference between likes and highlights would be how much likes can be abused in bad faith, while the chance of mods doing so is much lower, plus community still having input without giving us complete control.

The only concern I can think of is if it gets used in argumentative and heated threads, I'm a bit iffy on that front specifically because it could be taken as "taking a side" in an already heated and hostile environment and escalate it further, even if not trying to. But if it's going to be reserved to just promoting positivity and well-thought-out posts, I'm all for it. This site really needs to cool a bit, and the hostility is incredibly infectious and makes it hard to not feel charged at times, or amplify a bad day. More fun shit and promoting positive engagement and good faith is definitely needed.
literally shaking

I’m sorry, but politely, fuck off! This is the community you have fostered and created since the forum began with your brigading and harassment campaigns, boo hoo, you’ve manufactured a depression chamber of just constant oppression olympics in order to be the power group in charge calling the shots. Get bent, you’ve made your bed, now lie in it.
(05-20-2024, 06:22 AM)Uncle wrote: I'm more partial to this song which remains relevant to this day

Silence is violence.
'member Stop Asian Hate? 'member how quickly that got memory holed when they realised who was doing most of the Asian hate lol?

(05-19-2024, 03:08 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: New article on noodle soup and co, includes his mugshot. 

https://agitationrising.com/peace-activists-arrested-for-occupying-isu-building-students-for-palestine/?amp=1

[Image: Sxbqjdu.jpeg]

I'm convinced. Physiognomy is real. Tinfoil
(05-20-2024, 02:13 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Mind you Yasuke doesn't necessarily have to fall into the savior or mighty whity trope but the nature of a videogame pretty much dictates that he's going to be more badass at being a samurai than anyone Japanese and the official bio on ubisofts website already talks about how he'll "free Japan from it's oppressors"

[Image: YIi3Wc8.jpeg]

Honestly I think people in Japan might end up more pissed about that last bit than the protagonist choice

Lots of Assassins Creed games are about killing the Christians and making them look as bad as possible. You'll probably get a kill list of "Missionaries" who are all murderers, weapons smugglers and rapists exchanging secret letters with the pope and the King of England about how to inflame a civil war and end Japanese isolationism.

Anyway just play as Shinobi waifu instead of Funky Kong easy mode.
(05-20-2024, 09:05 AM)Chudder Barbarity wrote: 'member Stop Asian Hate? 'member how quickly that got memory holed when they realised who was doing most of the Asian hate lol?

Best part about “Stop Asian Hate” is how they settled on an awkward slogan because psychos complained that “Asian Lives Matter” was cultural appropriation. This was after multiple Asian women were victims of a targeted shooting.
That or they deflected by blaming all the violence going on whitey... Rolleyes
So much for the retardera boycott and the incel boycott, stellar blade is reportedly selling well.

Rejoice
(05-20-2024, 12:38 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: So much for the retardera boycott and the incel boycott, stellar blade is reportedly selling well.

Have they ever boycotted an unsuccessful product?
I'm trying to think if there's any product ever that they successfully damaged

did they successfully destroy Ion Fury because of its "oil of ogay" bottle?
(05-20-2024, 03:50 PM)Uncle wrote: did they successfully destroy Ion Fury because of its "oil of ogay" bottle?

no of course not, not even close
[Image: Y8FyNN2.png]
They got Brad to leave EZA, and then moved into having his own show at LSM causing their biggest growth month ever lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-mcu-game-in-develpment-according-to-alex-from-cosmic-circus.875454/

ZeoVGM, post: 123206388, member: 1119 wrote:AoS is canon. Much like the Netflix MCU shows, they'll go back to it eventually.

Regarding the phrasing in the tweet: this person also categorized Marvel Spotlight as "MCU adjacent" and the only release under that banner (Echo) is undeniably canon.

ZeoVGM, post: 123206547, member: 1119 wrote:No, that's not in the MCU.

ZeoVGM, post: 123206823, member: 1119 wrote:There's a couple things that don't line up fully, just as there was in the Netflix shows that have now been re-confirmed 100% fully canon. And just as there was in a couple of Marvel Studios' own films. Shit happens. (The only major issue happens in the 7th and final season, which is all about alternate timelines, so it's easy to ignore if they need to.)

Fact is, it was announced as being so and Marvel Studios has never announced it no longer is (as Disney did with the old Star Wars EU). Therefore, it still is. Simple as that.

ZeoVGM, post: 123207357, member: 1119 wrote:This is obviously referring to the MCU itself.

ZeoVGM, post: 123207705, member: 1119 wrote:They used the word "adjacent" to describe the Marvel Spotlight banner as well. The only project to use that banner is Echo, which is no less in the MCU proper than Infinity War. It's a strange word choice and makes it sound confusing.

Hopefully, he clarifies a bit.

But 99% of the time, when someone refers to the MCU, they're referring to something that takes place in the MCU proper. We've had multiple Marvel games announced recently but none of them were ever referred to as "MCU."

ZeoVGM, post: 123207816, member: 1119 wrote:There are literally eight non-MCU Marvel games being released in the next four years:

Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra (Skydance)
Iron Man (Motive Studio)
Wolverine (Insomniac)
Blade (Arkane Lyon)
Marvel Rivals (NetEase)
Black Panther (Cliffhanger Games)
Venom (Insomniac)
Spider-Man 3 (Insomniac)

All but one are AAA single player story-based titles. That's on top of the last two and a half years, which brought us Spider-Man 2, Midnight Suns and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I think one MCU game is fine. :P

At the very least, I hope its success leads to some retro re-releases like the original arcade game or a Marvel vs. Capcom collection.

All posted within the first page. This man is never getting laid ever again.
ResetEra has actually been very succesful in pointing out how problematic Stellar Blade is with regards to the ongoing gender war in South Korea.
The body model for the game has decided to speak out publicly about the issues and how she feels about the portrayal of her character.

It's a rather long post but she makes some good points so I'll put it in spoilers. 

Spoiler: statement from Shin Jae-eun (click to show)
[Image: GOB8svdbgAAcg4K?format=jpg]

[Image: GOBC1GQagAAE8Lf?format=jpg]
Similar to Fat4All posting every 10 minutes in the Jenny Nicholson star wars hotel thread. 
NERDS!
(05-20-2024, 04:41 PM)BIONIC wrote:
ZeoVGM, post: 123206388, member: 1119 wrote:AoS is canon. Much like the Netflix MCU shows, they'll go back to it eventually.

Regarding the phrasing in the tweet: this person also categorized Marvel Spotlight as "MCU adjacent" and the only release under that banner (Echo) is undeniably canon.

I guarantee they are not going to use pussified Kingpin, defeated by The Power Of Heart, when he next shows up, and I doubt they even mention the giant character ruining story beat that would need to be retconned because;
a) Nobody watched echo and No1curr
b) The Kingpin (unshittified) is a great fucking villain
c) Vincent D'Onofrio is a fucking great actor, especially doing barely contained human bag of rage
Really working overtime to get their posts highlighted. Is it sad as paying for a Twitter tick then pretending it was just randomly handed out?

Elon
(05-20-2024, 04:58 PM)Nintex wrote:
Spoiler: statement from Shin Jae-eun (click to show)
[Image: GOB8svdbgAAcg4K?format=jpg]

[Image: GOBC1GQagAAE8Lf?format=jpg]

Dat Exposed Femoral Arteriess

[Image: jKx2MR1.png]
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D
I'm kinda surprised legacy-bire emotes didn't already have a dat ass emote Yeshrug
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-329?post=123221913#post-123221913
spineduke
Moderator wrote:
rzks21 wrote:Another hit piece from the nazi German media.
Can we not? You can make your point without going into vitriol that just makes the thread come off unhinged. And trust me, I know how bad German media is on this subject, I just don't need you all to start delving into inflammatory language that serves noone.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-329?post=123218535#post-123218535
rzks21 wrote:Another hit piece from the racist, hypocritical, genocide-laundering, and euro-supremacist German media.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/aftermath-stop-trying-to-defeat-racism-with-logic-theres-a-black-samurai-in-the-new-assassins-creed-game-and-it-has-made-some-people-mad.875046/post-123169773 wrote:[Image: D6OjvOZWsAMW-Cb?format=png&name=900x900]

Thank you for your service!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/aftermath-stop-trying-to-defeat-racism-with-logic-theres-a-black-samurai-in-the-new-assassins-creed-game-and-it-has-made-some-people-mad.875046/post-123219609 wrote:Why do I feel like fucking nobody would care about their japanese culture if the protag would be a nondescript white male ninja (or if the game offered a character creator with plenty choices besides "asian")?

wait, let me be clearer: nobody _of those people currently throwing a tantrum_ would care, I mean. Of course there'd be some (much more reasonable) outrage for whitewashing, but that's not what I mean lol

Confused

"Wow, can you imagine those peoples hypocrisy if things were reversed? Obviously I'd also be a hypocrite, but my hypocrisy would be reasonable"
Can one really White saviour the White adjacent? hmm
https://www.resetera.com/threads/man-caught-engaging-in-inappropriate-behaviour-with-pink-tesla-at-mall-for-3-hours-owner-unable-to-press-charges-as-police-unsure-what-charge-applies.876522/?post=123227385#post-123227385

boxter432 wrote:"it was asking for it" with the pink wrap is an interesting conclusion
omfg
(05-20-2024, 06:40 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/aftermath-stop-trying-to-defeat-racism-with-logic-theres-a-black-samurai-in-the-new-assassins-creed-game-and-it-has-made-some-people-mad.875046/post-123169773 wrote:[Image: D6OjvOZWsAMW-Cb?format=png&name=900x900]

Thank you for your service!

Quote:Wow, it's almost like this comic constructed a strawman in bad faith to undermine progressive causes

if the man is made of straw, knock him down then, motherfucker

"here's a bunch of data showing that progressives are more willing to educate and talk about issues in detail than nazi conservatives"

or are you not going to educate me on that? it's not your responsibility?  ???
Quote:Was arguing with a dude who started saying "it seems they're angry because he wasn't actually a samurai", fuck did that shit make me angry.

"No, they're angry because he's black. They are fucking losers. Racist pieces of shit, Gamer Gaters, the lot of them - So they can go to hell"

The conversation ended there. It's not a conversation I was interested in having.

I don't have an ounce of patience to argue "logically" with this type of bigotry anymore. Call that shit out for what it is.

oh gee golly gosh I thought it was a strawman

I don't