Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-early-six-week-tracking-has-deadpool-and-wolverine-at-a-200-239-million-us-ow.901689/page-3?post=124484019#post-124484019

Patrick Klepek wrote:One of the clear things is that audiences are just much pickier about what they're gonna show up for at the box office. The quality at Marvel has been undeniably shaky post-Endgame, but we've seen them show up if they feel it's an event worth showing up for. How you design a connected universe around that, though, is pretty tricky without only relying on your bankable characters. It does feel like this will fastback the X-Men-ification of the MCU, though, which is interesting given how much time and effort Marvel is clearly putting into the Fantastic Four film as a tentpole.
Good thing he doesn't write professionally. Teehee
Zeo is NOT invited to the cookout with these takes.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Some of them still trying to prop up The Marvels. Finally watched it last week and aside from Kamala stealing the show, it was not too good. Movie was chopped to hell and back in the editing room. 

Two Fox Marvel characters coming to save the MCU (for now) is fucking hilarious though.
Atlanta? Nep, comment please. Something..something…capitalism…something…whitey…something…black bizness….something….cook outs….something….keepin it real
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D
Era's going to boycott Disney now, right? Not just the parks, the whole product. Marvel, Star Wars, everything. It's owned by a company that supports the GOP and Israel.

If Joanne aids genocide with her wealth so is Disney helping Israel kill poor Palestinians. I expect ZeoVGM to ignore all future Marvel releases.  wag
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
(06-14-2024, 08:15 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-early-six-week-tracking-has-deadpool-and-wolverine-at-a-200-239-million-us-ow.901689/page-3?post=124484019#post-124484019

Patrick Klepek wrote:One of the clear things is that audiences are just much pickier about what they're gonna show up for at the box office. The quality at Marvel has been undeniably shaky post-Endgame, but we've seen them show up if they feel it's an event worth showing up for. How you design a connected universe around that, though, is pretty tricky without only relying on your bankable characters. It does feel like this will fastback the X-Men-ification of the MCU, though, which is interesting given how much time and effort Marvel is clearly putting into the Fantastic Four film as a tentpole.

Zeo wrote:
Quote:More marketing would not have saved The Marvels. Sometimes shit just stinks and audiences can smell it.

The Marvels didn't stink though.

Zeo wrote:
Quote:It won't necessarily save the MCU, though

That implies it needs to be saved, which is incorrect.
She-Hulk is great, actually.
(06-14-2024, 03:49 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-37?post=124447290#post-124447290

Mouhkoukou45 wrote:Je suis une personne sérieuse et énergique. J'aime ce qu'il ya de mieux pour chacun. Je n'aime pas la violence et je déteste les guerres et les rivalités.
Mouhkoukou45 wrote:https://tii.la/2XikUgmwJj
Teehee
Gone.
4 users liked this post: benji, BIONIC, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(06-14-2024, 06:15 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote:
(06-14-2024, 06:03 PM)jooseloose wrote: [Image: Screenshot-2024-06-14-at-19-00-16.png]

He was actually a mod til he stepped down after bragging about it on Twitter  lmao

has there ever been a Kratos-physiqued badass named Quinton

every single Quinton looks just like this guy

strongest evidence I have seen for nominative determinism
3 users liked this post: kaleidoscopium, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-early-six-week-tracking-has-deadpool-and-wolverine-at-a-200-239-million-us-ow.901689/page-4?post=124490823#post-124490823

Embiid wrote:
kowhite wrote:A Marvel movie does well. And you're arguing…it is a non factor for whether there's Marvel fatgiue? Maybe you can explain that again cause it makes no sense.
It's just common sense. As many, many people have pointed out before, it's a unique, already established rated R franchise that plays nothing like the typical Marvel flick. You could say it deserves credit for whatever extra it brings in over the second one thanks to Wolverine / X-men, which could easily be a huge 300-400 million extra, but in general Deadpool is its own thing and isn't gonna be an indicator of superhero fatigue.

Again, an already established franchise rated R flick like this with a totally different tone than typical Marvel affair, which is what people refer to when talking about fatigue, ain't gonna have any bearing on how well Captain America and Thunderbolts do.
Hesright

Tace wrote:…Right
ZeoVGM wrote:We're just making up rules at this point.
kowhit wrote:Common sense to me is…Marvel fatigue is represented by Marvel movies. I don't care that you want to exclude it, your reasons while true about the film…do not justify pretending like this movie isn't a fucking MCU superhero movie.
lmao
No one will ever call him Marvellous Jeff

Feels bad, man
3 users liked this post: kaleidoscopium, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
They hate that Embiid guy because he always calls them out on their mcu dickriding. In which fucking world is deadpool mcu shit? Come on lol.
3 users liked this post: kaleidoscopium, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-wrap-star-wars-has-an-older-more-male-skewing-audience-than-marvel.902061/

I like how RE tries to blame this on the men for "gatekeeping"
Gwinnett County Transit Bus hijacking suspect described as 'soft, calm and loving'

During a press conference Tuesday night, Atlanta Police Chief Darin Schierbaum said Grier has had 19 arrests, some of which involved the use of a handgun.

According to the Georgia Department of Corrections, Grier was last released from Baldwin State Prison a decade ago after serving time for a 2011 aggravated assault in Fulton County. In addition to the two counts of aggravated assault, Grier also served time for the possession of a knife during the commission of a crime.
I read like one page of that Deadpool thread and my god. These people are actual children. 

“It’s MCU!”
“It’s not MCU!”
“MCU is back!”
“MCU is dead!”
“You’re an idiot!”
“I’m not an idiot, you’re an idiot!”

I would honestly rather read the entire Hamas propaganda thread from start to finish than one more whiney post about whether this movie is or isn’t Disney’s success to claim or how much this movie is gonna save or not save Marvel. I’m just so tired.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-game-leaker-midori-admits-to-being-a-fake-persona-of-mysticdistance-will-stop-leaking-this-time-frfr.899991/page-4?post=124400622#post-124400622
Quote:LMFAO we need a list of white guys that larped as a japanese woman on twitter ResetEra
FTFY  Hesright
B-dumbs closed the thread
Quote:Has this thread ran its course, and is now locked?

This is correct information.
(06-14-2024, 11:17 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
Dan Thunder wrote:
Tygre wrote:Always read your Faustian Bargains closely. This is a pretty simple one:
Their life in exchange for the destruction of an entire city and its people.
Nobody will know it was your fault, and you will not have to destroy it personally; instead, it will end with something akin to a natural disaster.
Adamstown on the Pitcairn Islands (Population: 47) gets wiped out by a hurricane and I continue to snuggle my cat.
[Image: q0dIZ0M.jpeg]

Not a recent photo but if you'd see all these people and more die just so you can continue to hold onto a cat then you need help.
Well, I see a couple of them that we could save at least until the ethnic background check is completed.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(06-15-2024, 12:45 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-game-leaker-midori-admits-to-being-a-fake-persona-of-mysticdistance-will-stop-leaking-this-time-frfr.899991/page-4?post=124400622#post-124400622
Quote:LMFAO we need a list of white guys that larped as a japanese woman on twitter ResetEra
FTFY  Hesright

Is BDumbs making a passive aggressive funny by using shit ass English grammar?
3 users liked this post: MJBarret, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(06-14-2024, 08:48 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(06-14-2024, 08:15 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/deadline-early-six-week-tracking-has-deadpool-and-wolverine-at-a-200-239-million-us-ow.901689/page-3?post=124484019#post-124484019

Zeo wrote:
Quote:More marketing would not have saved The Marvels. Sometimes shit just stinks and audiences can smell it.

The Marvels didn't stink though.

Zeo wrote:
Quote:It won't necessarily save the MCU, though

That implies it needs to be saved, which is incorrect.

If someone threw a brick at Zeo's head in real life, I wouldn't cheer, but I wouldn't be sad either.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, books, Taco Bell Tower, Propagandhim
(06-15-2024, 01:12 AM)books wrote:
(06-15-2024, 12:45 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-game-leaker-midori-admits-to-being-a-fake-persona-of-mysticdistance-will-stop-leaking-this-time-frfr.899991/page-4?post=124400622#post-124400622
FTFY  Hesright

Is BDumbs making a passive aggressive funny by using shit ass English grammar?

B-Dumbs has always been racist, it's no surprise.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, TacoWallace, D3RANG3D, books
(06-14-2024, 06:01 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/man-hijacks-bus-forces-driver-to-flee-from-police-after-witnessing-mass-shooting-and-giving-disjointed-news-interview.901821/?post=124482132#post-124482132
krazen wrote:Yeah, I read this. While he had a rap sheet obviously this was a mental health incident which we do nothing about as a country
What do you want done? Society
(06-15-2024, 01:25 AM)Echelon wrote:
(06-14-2024, 08:48 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

Zeo wrote:The Marvels didn't stink though.

Zeo wrote:That implies it needs to be saved, which is incorrect.

If someone threw a brick at Zeo's head in real life, I wouldn't cheer, but I wouldn't be sad either.
 I threw the brick
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rip-tango-gameworks-and-zenimax-asia-tango-gameworks-employee-shares-pictures-from-the-xbox-studio%E2%80%99s-final-day.902088/?post=124494903#post-124494903

Fraud4all wrote:ive been to TOO MANY sad corporate pizza parties

they are never a fun time

While it might feel like work to him...walking across the street to Pizza Hut where some kids are having a birthday party doesn't count.
(06-15-2024, 12:05 AM)clockwork5 wrote: I read like one page of that Deadpool thread and my god. These people are actual children. 

“It’s MCU!”
“It’s not MCU!”
“MCU is back!”
“MCU is dead!”
“You’re an idiot!”
“I’m not an idiot, you’re an idiot!”

I would honestly rather read the entire Hamas propaganda thread from start to finish than one more whiney post about whether this movie is or isn’t Disney’s success to claim or how much this movie is gonna save or not save Marvel. I’m just so tired.
Actually, the MCU, like Star Wars, has been consistently excellent so never has needed any saving but fascists think quality is more important then diversity and the staff allows them to run wild on a "progressive" forum. This even includes chud-like tactics like boycotts, divestment and sanctions rather than supporting these efforts, not to mention using algorithms to spread disinformation like how the major success of Deadpool 3 is somehow not related to other successes like The Marvels. Perfect example of how white liberals will throw marginalized people under the bus rather than take any steps to end capitalism, colonialism and white supremacy.
You chuds are all trying to spin this but we see through you with our side-eyes. You refused to support Disney by going to see The Marvels or helping to boost the user score of The Acolyte then when they were forced into conceding some ground you attacked them just for doing what they needed to do to survive. Exactly like you did when rather than ending racism or transphobia you attacked marginalized people for needing to continue to use Twitter just to survive.

Don't think we aren't seeing how many of y'all are white cishets who regularly spread FUD about stuff like The Marvels or Forspoken. The sus just oozes out of your pores and stinks up the joint. That's why y'all aren't allowed at the cookout.
Let's have fun but not insult Marvel/Disney please.
Deadpool is John Wick for nerds. People want to see people kill other people in entertaining ways. The MCU was strong when it was narratively cohesive. As of now, it is demonstrably not. Joe the Plumber isn't going to go see DP because he moves the needle on the "story". He's going to plunk his 20 bucks down to watch Deadpool kill people and crack wise for 90 minutes. Wolverine (the other guy that kills people) is just icing on the cake.

Also, Jeff can take a flying fuck at a rolling donut and suck my whole dick from the back.
Thunderbolts and captain America will bomb and they will be pissed again and denying fatigue
(06-15-2024, 04:47 AM)Jonsey wrote: Thunderbolts and captain America will bomb
Not if you do the work and be an ally. ufup
Been away for a while, recommended meltdowns or reads for a laugh? 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a24s-civil-wars-avoidance-of-modern-politics-is-infuriating.899952/post-124463508

Quote:I'm not watching the film mainly because of the Footage Supplied By credit given to Andy Ngo and Tayler Hansen (even if they weren't paid, which they probably were, the credit, promotion and legitimisation of them is bad enough. People have said it's just generic footage, but that makes it worse as then Garland could have got it anywhere; why from the worst people around then?). Also, the interviews from Garland seriously turned me off with his ignorance and moral cowardice. So, unfortunately, I can't really discuss the film despite following the entire discussion; but I did want to share something no one has mentioned.

The film is supposedly about war photojournalists and according to Garland, a positive representation; so I was interested in what actual war photojournalists thought. One wrote an Opinion article in the Washington Post that is very interesting and not at all complimentary.

My favourite ERA pasttime is shouting to the hills on how I'm not consuming ProblematicTM media while parroting online articles about said media, which I would have no idea to qualify whether they're remotely on the mark or not.