Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(06-18-2024, 10:48 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-dont-think-i-can-game-anymore-and-its-heartbreaking.902883/page-2?post=124565022#post-124565022

Soulflarz wrote:You gotta work out - at least strengthen those tendons.

I put 14000hr into rocket league competitively and finally upgraded my phone to an s23+ ultra (almost a pound with a case oof)

Hands completely gave out, couldnt hold anything the first time for a month, basically was the equivalent of disabled, I was absurdly depressed every day wondering if I'd have to quit gaming full stop.

10mo later and I can compete again fine, it just was a fucking BITCH for half a year - I'm no PT but I've researched this stuff for 100s of hours at this point. Would highly recommend getting a theraband flexbar and doing the relevant exercises to your pain - it's almost surely tendonitis. Even carpal tunnel can be a symptom of tendonitis. I guess you could also have arthritis which is unlucky, but yeah, very good chance if you aren't actually like, old? that it's just tendonitis.

Heh Umad

[Image: mVe1J6x.png]

Edit: lol

3 users liked this post: NekoFever, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(06-18-2024, 10:12 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/beyond-good-evil-hd-delisted-from-steam-and-xbox-20th-anniv-edition-shadow-drop-during-lrg-show.905385/

B-dubs, buddy, you really gotta talk with your man Jawmuncher. It's not even subtle anymore that he's working for LRG

Didn't Ree made a congratulations thread for Jawmuncher taking a spot that they ran someone off from LRG?
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, kaleidoscopium
https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-37?post=124592940#post-124592940

Nully wrote:Yesterday

Hi everybody!
Avatar is gone now, possible account deletion soon.
(06-18-2024, 11:05 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote:
(06-18-2024, 10:12 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/beyond-good-evil-hd-delisted-from-steam-and-xbox-20th-anniv-edition-shadow-drop-during-lrg-show.905385/

B-dubs, buddy, you really gotta talk with your man Jawmuncher. It's not even subtle anymore that he's working for LRG

Didn't Ree made a congratulations thread for Jawmuncher taking a spot that they ran someone off from LRG?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderator-jawmuncher-joins-the-gaming-industry.716314/

Not specific but for anyone that looks for even 1millisecond you can find his real name/location and LinkedIn lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/justin-timberlake-arrested-on-dwi-charge-in-the-hamptons.904281/page-2?post=124684023#post-124684023

MinusTydus wrote:
septentrion2 wrote:Man looks like he's been crying :(
I wonder how many times Janet Jackson cried after he threw her under the bus? 🤔

Or how many times Britney Spears cried after her abortion? 🤔

But no, we should really be thinking about what will happen to the tour now.

:(
Social Justice Warrior 2

From what I remember, a LRG employee made the mistake of saying they will play Hogwart's Legacy on Twitter. This was during the height of that anti-anything Harry Potter lunacy that ran amok online back in early 2023, so ERA and the usual suspects online got the poor woman fired by harassing LRG, and Jawmuncher took her old job a couple months later.
(06-18-2024, 11:53 PM)Averon wrote:

From what I remember, a LRG employee made the mistake of saying they will play Hogwart's Legacy on Twitter. This was during the height of that anti-anything Harry Potter lunacy online back in early 2023, so ERA and the usual suspects online got the poor woman fired by harassing LRG, and Jawmuncher took her old job a couple months later.
This is completely untrue. Cancel culture does not exist.
Why is it called the 20th Anniversary Edition if it's releasing 21 years after the original?
(06-18-2024, 11:43 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderator-jawmuncher-joins-the-gaming-industry.716314/

Not specific but for anyone that looks for even 1millisecond you can find his real name/location and LinkedIn lol

Cerium=EAT FRESH?
(06-18-2024, 11:43 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Not specific but for anyone that looks for even 1millisecond you can find his real name/location and LinkedIn lol
You think he's this fucking yt with yt opinions?
[Image: 1696618002062?e=1724284800&v=beta&t=rbFo...XBMC4YWYi4]
Jesus. That should come with a NSFW warning.
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Potato, Gameboy Nostalgia
(06-18-2024, 10:56 PM)Potato wrote:
(06-18-2024, 10:48 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-dont-think-i-can-game-anymore-and-its-heartbreaking.902883/page-2?post=124565022#post-124565022

Soulflarz wrote:You gotta work out - at least strengthen those tendons.

I put 14000hr into rocket league competitively and finally upgraded my phone to an s23+ ultra (almost a pound with a case oof)

Hands completely gave out, couldnt hold anything the first time for a month, basically was the equivalent of disabled, I was absurdly depressed every day wondering if I'd have to quit gaming full stop.

10mo later and I can compete again fine, it just was a fucking BITCH for half a year - I'm no PT but I've researched this stuff for 100s of hours at this point. Would highly recommend getting a theraband flexbar and doing the relevant exercises to your pain - it's almost surely tendonitis. Even carpal tunnel can be a symptom of tendonitis. I guess you could also have arthritis which is unlucky, but yeah, very good chance if you aren't actually like, old? that it's just tendonitis.

Heh Umad

[Image: mVe1J6x.png]

Edit: lol

oh my god a fellow online-stopwatch.com enjoyer
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Potato, Gameboy Nostalgia
"I put 14000hr into rocket league competitively"

What.  Wut
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, DocWager
(06-18-2024, 10:48 PM)remy wrote:
(06-18-2024, 09:34 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-am-planning-to-stop-talking-to-two-of-my-closest-friends.905367/

SpazEagle wrote:It all happened so fast. But at the same time I planning this for 3-4 months.

I have been friends with these two guys for more than 10 years. We are good friends, but I think they don't respect me. One of them never speaks. I'm not saying this as a joke. When we meet, he says a maximum of 5 sentences. Anyway, yesterday the other one told this asocial friend that he had found a girlfriend for him. He said that the girl saw his photo and wanted to marry our friend. Just from his photo? Anyway, after he said this and we start talking about it, whenever I expressed my opinion on the subject, our friend, who was the girl's friend, interrupted me. Finally I got angry but he didn't listen to me. I didn't enjoy any of the topics we talked about. It felt like I am a redundant person in there because the woman and two of my friends all had part for the topic but I was redundant. Why I was there? The girl joined us when we ate a lunch together and this nerdy friend of ours is starting to think he's Brad Pitt. He even cursed at me. I never understood that because he didn't talk that way ever. We talked on Discord and I am giving short answers. I guess I don't want to hang out with these guys because why would I stay where I'm not respected?

What I said is not just about this issue. For example, we are talking about computer parts and the man says to me, "I will not buy an AMD processor." Yes, I can understand his preference, but he does not even want to listen to the rest. He tries to putting me down and praising himself on every issue. I told him that you can't eat 1000 calories a day and build muscle. He said "No you don't know". The guy thinks he's Ronnie Coleman. Another time a woman was trying to talk to me and I talked about this to my friends and he immediately say "Yeah this happens to me too but she is probably 4/10 at best." I think these two friends of mine don't give me pleasure and I'm going to have a talk with them.

"Looks like I am not an actor in this topic and I get bored so I am not interested guys. Just hang out together if you want to focus on this topic"

Do you think it will work? Era likes to criticize me haha but understand me this time because I can't enjoy these friends anymore.

I will find new friends as soon as possible and invest completely in myself. I don't want anything to do with people who try to bring me down.

I am going to gym since may, working hard, spend more time with my personal care. The only problem is I don't have "true" friends and when it comes to relationships, I don't want something serious, maybe friends with benefits thing? But that's all. I just miss talking to people just for fun. I don't want to overthink about conversations.
Derp
south asian autisim hits different

Quote:Have you talked to the girl you have never met yet that you want to marry?

Quote:OP, people are now able to identify when a thread is yours, purely on its subject matter, it's hard to not think we are going around in circles.... You have chronicled what these people have done to you for months, with nearly every thread I remember ending with you affirming that you are going to move on from the friendship. You already know what our collective advice is going to be. We can't literally shake you by the shoulders and force you to cut these people out of your life, you have to make that call yourself.

Girlslaff
The Zelda game is making them lose their minds. 

Quote:
Quote:Am I crazy for assuming this was just "start simple" instead of "start sexist?"

Like what sorts of objects can they summon to show a simple concept besides a table/bed type shape. Would it have been better if it was a nondescript block?

Link can start with a twig, why can't Zelda?

In a world where people are trying to to force "trad wives" and other sexist bullshit, I think it's important. People keep hanging up on the fucking table. It's not JUST the table. I don't care that she can summon things to fight for her, so can Link, so that's not the problem.
I just had to go no contact with o family member who has gone full Chud and gotten deep into this fucking stupid alpha male of the household shit and "women can't do this or that" nonsense.

There is a concerted effort of "influencers" and conservatives in the US forcing a specific imagery of women. And honestly, I find it kind of troublesome that people either don't see the potential issue or are intentionally obfuscating the discussion by jokingly bringing up the table.

If people want to think it was a mistake from Nintendo, fine, but I refuse to be gaslit that it isn't a problem when even other people see it. The amount of corporate defending going on blows my mind.

I'm done with this thread. Thread ban me B-Dubs

Whoo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-announced-releases-september-26-zelda-is-the-main-character.904389/page-33?post=124689141#post-124689141
Once our most fearsome warriors finish crumbling in hysterics over baby zelda game, we will dismantle the capitalism
How the fuck are they linking a Zelda game to "alt-right chuds"? lol
(06-19-2024, 12:56 AM)benji wrote:
(06-18-2024, 11:43 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Not specific but for anyone that looks for even 1millisecond you can find his real name/location and LinkedIn lol
You think he's this fucking yt with yt opinions?
[Image: 1696618002062?e=1724284800&v=beta&t=rbFo...XBMC4YWYi4]

Every fucking time
(06-19-2024, 01:33 AM)Straight Edge wrote:
(06-18-2024, 10:48 PM)remy wrote:
(06-18-2024, 09:34 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-am-planning-to-stop-talking-to-two-of-my-closest-friends.905367/

Derp
south asian autisim hits different

Quote:Have you talked to the girl you have never met yet that you want to marry?

Quote:OP, people are now able to identify when a thread is yours, purely on its subject matter, it's hard to not think we are going around in circles.... You have chronicled what these people have done to you for months, with nearly every thread I remember ending with you affirming that you are going to move on from the friendship. You already know what our collective advice is going to be. We can't literally shake you by the shoulders and force you to cut these people out of your life, you have to make that call yourself.

Girlslaff

Imagine reading his threads and thinking that HE needs to cut THEM out of his life?

These people are broken.
(06-19-2024, 01:46 AM)Averon wrote: How the fuck are they linking a Zelda game to "alt-right chuds"? lol

If you don't see the connection between summoning tables, trad wives and the alt right then you're the crazy one. I WILL NOT BE GASLIT
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-really-bugging-me-that-nintendo-doesnt-reveal-who-is-developing-their-games-when-theyre-revealed.905481/

NEVER QUESTION NINTENDO YOU FUCK!  Walugi

Quote:Honestly, considering the shit you tend to see out of people online these days, I might be tempted to go back to the old pseudoname method they used back in the NES days personally. People are assholes.

Awesome Mike
Y'all sayin Nintendo didn't do this on purpose? That Miyamoto and Reggie aren't trying to force this chud shit down our throats? That they didn't give the game a top down perspective just so the trad wife game can't get as big of budget? This is the same company that mocked the Civil Rights Movement and y'all ain't side-eyin them?
It's not JUST the furniture.  It's not JUST the cooking.  It's ALSO the TRAD dresses.  This bitch is wearing trad dresses and making bead art to sell on her etsy store.  I have serial rapists in my family that constantly tell me that women need to be violated and told that they're dirty little piglets.  Now Nintendo does this shit with Zelda??  It's not JUST the table.  Again, to be clear, I have multiple people in my family that find women on the street, force them to be mouth-slaves, and then drag them into their basement to cut them into trisections after they're done with them.   Folks, these family members of mine are simply chuds!  I refuse to be gaslit like the heater the women in several of my family members cellars are chained to.
(06-19-2024, 01:37 AM)TylenolJones wrote: The Zelda game is making them lose their minds. 

Quote:
Quote:Am I crazy for assuming this was just "start simple" instead of "start sexist?"

Like what sorts of objects can they summon to show a simple concept besides a table/bed type shape. Would it have been better if it was a nondescript block?

In a world where people are trying to to force "trad wives" and other sexist bullshit, I think it's important. People keep hanging up on the fucking table. It's not JUST the table. I don't care that she can summon things to fight for her, so can Link, so that's not the problem.
I just had to go no contact with o family member who has gone full Chud and gotten deep into this fucking stupid alpha male of the household shit and "women can't do this or that" nonsense.

There is a concerted effort of "influencers" and conservatives in the US forcing a specific imagery of women. And honestly, I find it kind of troublesome that people either don't see the potential issue or are intentionally obfuscating the discussion by jokingly bringing up the table.

If people want to think it was a mistake from Nintendo, fine, but I refuse to be gaslit that it isn't a problem when even other people see it. The amount of corporate defending going on blows my mind.

Whoo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-announced-releases-september-26-zelda-is-the-main-character.904389/page-33?post=124689141#post-124689141

this complaint confused me with its literalness

it starts with "link can start with a twig, why can't zelda?"

and my immediate thought was, "yeah era weirdos, why can't she start out just duplicating tables, her own metaphorical twig, as a silly thing to start off with that improves as the game goes on?"

but no

he meant actually why can't she swing a twig as a sword

omfg
I prefer my Zelda with flat abs, biceps, and a cock. Is that so wrong? We'll excuuuuse me princess.
Nintendo's not the only alt-right chuds pushing their far-right agenda during PRIDE MONTH OF ALL MONTHS:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1400445-didnt-like-it/ wrote:Not only does the story of this quest basically boil down to one of those military action movies about soldiers with a dead wife who they loved so much, the "writing" for Jade was extremely disappointing. The way she was portrayed made her a female character whose entire role is to be somebody's pregnant wife and then die. You've shown before that you're fully capable of writing very good female characters not defined by their relationships to men, which is why I found this extra annoying.

The writing in this game has been extremely good before, even as recently as whispers in the walls, but releasing this during pride month after teasing so much that this was "something really special that shouldn't be spoiled" feels like a slap in the face.

I'm sure a lot of hard work went into this quest, the production value was phenomenal and it sets up some really interesting plot threads I'm looking forward to seeing you expand upon, but I just can't get over how safe and tone deaf the story felt.
Quote:You're far braver than I am - I had been hovering with my mouse over the post button on a very similar new thread.

I'm a cis woman who's married to a trans woman, and you can imagine how much of a slap in the face this felt like for both of us, based on the theories that have been going around. I know there are other female frames, I know it was a theory with no evidence, yada yada yada... But still. God, it feels really bad that they went as cishet as possible for a quest during pride month. I know they donate to LGBT charities, which I'm SO grateful for, of course.

Even disregarding all of that, it feels really bad from a woman's perspective that there's an entirely new Warframe who's entire purpose was to get pregnant and then die for yet another Sad Man Has to Do the Mom Thing and Watch a Baby plot, of which there's already a billion.

Idk. I also really, really hope there's some kind of way to turn off the visuals of the pregnancy on Jade. I don't even usually get squicked out by pregnancy, but just the messaging here is making it me feel a little nauseous at the idea of actually playing her or being in a squad with her.
Quote:very much with you on that, just so not fitting imo. hell, i feel like she should be not pregnant in the playable version. for the quest version (aka npc) its "ok", but that constant reminder of what i will never be able to do, even if i wanted, nope
Quote:Yeah, this was... a miss in perhaps every possible way. I was excited for Jade in concept but I'm not really sure now that I've played the quest and there's the unremovable pregnancy orb. It's so disappointingly heterosexual,
Every time these retards try to use a latin word that will never replace "normal" all I can think of is the real CIS.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98frustrated-final-fantasy-xiv-healers-are-planning-to-strike-when-dawntrail-debuts%E2%80%99.905109/page-2?post=124671249#post-124671249
Quote:Main guess this "strike" is like the "boycott modern warfare" image from a steam group where they are all are playing modern warfare lol

I main healer and that dungeon clip is from an old build, but even then I fully expect the promised increased difficulty to only really be there in savage/extreme/ultimate (end probably even then not really lol)

Also Xeno is a completent player, most of the dungeon finder players are unable to step out of AoEs lol
They still believe in that?  omfg
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Superstar
How to sound more unlikeable than a corpo:

Quote:" Today I am devastated to announce that for the second time in two years, my game has been cancelled, and I've been laid off. And this time it was a real shit show, ya'll. 💜

First and foremost, nothing expressed here represents the sentiments of Paradox Interactive or Paradox Tectonic. These are my thoughts and my thoughts alone.

I've known for some time that we might be getting shut down. We were actively working on a hyper-moddable life sim called Life By You. An indie answer to the aging IP that is the Sims but instead focussed heavily on UGC.

And as far as it goes, we were doing extremely well.

I cannot share specific numbers, but I can say that we had an internal metric we were aiming for that had been approved, and that we exceeded that number by a significant portion. We also got a thumbs up a few weeks before launch.

Then two weeks before launch we were told we wouldn't be launching. And just now that we've all lost our jobs. We were only informed of this via a public announcement.

We were not told why. Instead we spent a month in purgatory, and did everything we could to prove to them we were worth launching, including things like finding potential buyers or suggesting cutting ties and going indie. We heard virtually nothing back.

I was warned against writing anything about this experience. That it may hurt my future career or even that legal action could be taken against me. I have chosen to ignore these warnings.

To be honest, I have guesses about what happened. And while I can't conjecture, I'm sure you have guesses too. As a business owner, some of them are understandable, but many of them are not. We were a strong team on a strong project ready to launch to a strong audience.

Really I'd like to be much more fire and brimstone about it. I'm pretty pissed, not gonna lie. But I'm trying to stay kind and respectful. So instead I'll say: this industry has become a place in which you can deliver more than expected, have AA money behind you, and still have the rug pulled two weeks before launch.

At this time, I will not be looking for another full time job. Instead I will be uplifting all of you dear people and attempting to make this industry more sustainable for all with the Indie Game Academy and the #indierevolution

Everything you've seen of me so far is just 25% of my power level. Just wait until I go Super Saiyan. 🔥

That said I may be open to part time or advisement work for the right project. Hit me up. 📞

Support your fellows. Be kind to each other. See you in the revolution. 💜 "

Is RE going to fall with the “we were totally doing pretty well, promise” yet again? 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/paradox-cancels-development-and-release-of-life-by-you-the-sims-like.903855/page-4?post=124698267#post-124698267

Is not even defending Paradox ( lol ) just mentioning how shit their projects have ended been in the last years but suddenly “this was the good one, guys”. Rolleyes
(06-19-2024, 01:37 AM)TylenolJones wrote: The Zelda game is making them lose their minds. 

Quote:

Whoo

Why do they always do this and have to announce it to the world. Like honestly, that family member is better off without you, not the other way round
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, MJBarret, Boredfrom