Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(08-26-2024, 12:45 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(08-26-2024, 12:38 PM)EaldNarche wrote:
(08-26-2024, 12:28 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Larry 

To 4chan for me. There is moments of brilliance that get killed when the /pol/ side completes a paragraph.

I'm not an edgelord myself, but just the idea of yakub being the final boss cracked me up

Like I said, moments of brilliance ruined by “but not, seriously, I genuinely like Trump. Not in the meme way but in the “white replacement theory” way”.

Edgelord humor is an art on itself. Snob

L.O.R.D wrote:i just checked the wiki from the wayback machine, i think the one who did the wiki it self wrote all this themself.
there wasn't really a wiki for this game, i think.
I’m not sure if this makes it sadder or more funny.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-taliban-bans-the-sound-of-women%E2%80%99s-voices-singing-or-reading-in-public.963342/#post-127691742

Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Month): Islamophobia
Emwitus wrote:banning education past sixth grade? Women basically treated like dogs here and muslim world Never speaks out
https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-37#post-125517366
Deleted member 174990
aka Depressed_Jackhammer wrote:
Jul 7, 2024

Hello,

I got tired of browsing for video game related content on another site only to be hit with posts from people shilling their cosplay/onlyfans. My neighbor mentioned this site as an alternative so here I am.

So far, this place seems chill so I'm happy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/shocking-logan-paul-pushes-his-dog-off-a-moving-boat-for-content.961734/#post-127579668
Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Antagonizing Fellow Members; Inflammatory Accusation; Account in Junior Phase
Deleted member 174990
aka Depressed_Jackhammer wrote:
Wwe fans jumping at the chance to defend a transphobe. Oof.
Why can’t people admit they’re well off?
Sickos (Batman edition)
t26 wrote:I mean OP are you going to admit you are well off?
entremetGPT wrote:I wouldn't go to a country club and say I'm middle class lol. When there so many markers and clear denial, it's weird.
Meeble
It's a yes or no question!

Booshka wrote:Tophat It serves the owner class that are writing the checks for the workers to not talk about their wages. Wealthier people can entrench this social norm under the guise of modesty, but really it's just because it's a source of class agitation that few people are willing to engage in and our liberal politics shuns. Tophat
Ok Booshka. 

Money
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-else-have-an-eating-disorder-how-did-you-get-over-it.963894/#post-127729146

plagiarize wrote:It's very difficult. I don't know that it's the kind of thing you ever 'get over'.

I've been stable for a few months. I don't *like* maintaining weight. If the scales go in the wrong direction so much as a pound and a half I'm probably going to make some bad choices, but I'm fighting and I'm holding relatively steady in the 140s. I got as low as the 120s, and that was with enough muscle to run a half marathon once a week. I thought I looked good. I look at those photos now and cringe.

For me, I'm leveraging the same 'tools' I used to lose weight to maintain. Basically, weighing myself a lot and constantly doing calculations about calories to make sure I'm eating what I need to eat to stay the same.

I don't think it's sustainable weighing myself four times a day etc but I'm in transition between therapists right now, so I'm telling myself that so long as my numbers are overall where they need to be, that I'm doing okay.

You have to eat enough to stay alive. Only eating when weak isn't going to cut it. Try to figure out what you should be eating every day and stick to it. Even if that means eating the same thing every single day. Meal planning is a great tool.

Having therapy is paramount, so I'm very glad you've got that in place.
Quote:Anyways, all of you can respond to me in the ether. Going to put this thread on ignore for now since no one can come up with a new discussion point. Enjoy getting the last reply

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-debuts-on-steam-with-600-player-ccu.962340/page-59#post-127726668

Dude has been going nuts defending concord
(08-26-2024, 06:16 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: Why can’t people admit they’re well off?
Sickos (Batman edition)
t26 wrote:I mean OP are you going to admit you are well off?
entremetGPT wrote:I wouldn't go to a country club and say I'm middle class lol. When there so many markers and clear denial, it's weird.
Meeble
It's a yes or no question!

Booshka wrote:Tophat It serves the owner class that are writing the checks for the workers to not talk about their wages. Wealthier people can entrench this social norm under the guise of modesty, but really it's just because it's a source of class agitation that few people are willing to engage in and our liberal politics shuns. Tophat
Ok Booshka. 

Money

They need to appear as the “Working Class” to continue their communist LARPing.
(08-26-2024, 06:06 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-taliban-bans-the-sound-of-women%E2%80%99s-voices-singing-or-reading-in-public.963342/#post-127691742

Emwitus wrote:banning education past sixth grade? Women basically treated like dogs here and muslim world Never speaks out

I mean if he's wrong and the Muslim world actually speaks out this would have been a good moment to educate him, or is it that they don't speak out. When we hear from Muslims anytime there's Mohammad caricature but not about this it seems like a fair question
(08-26-2024, 06:26 PM)Jansen wrote:
Quote:Anyways, all of you can respond to me in the ether. Going to put this thread on ignore for now since no one can come up with a new discussion point. Enjoy getting the last reply

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-debuts-on-steam-with-600-player-ccu.962340/page-59#post-127726668

Dude had been going nuts defending concord

That dude said this
Quote:Your complaint literally applies to all MP games. You think I am getting into games of Call of Duty 2 on Xbox 360?
lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-youve-become-your-avatar-for-the-two-weeks.962916/page-7#post-127715433

Quote: Cop User Warned: Boys Club Behaviour
Charizard wrote:Do i become the fursuit or the person inside the fursuit (who isn't me but a rather fit and hung man)?
Hit dog hollers.  Girlslaff

Edit: Aloy  🤏
OP
Quote:In my case I am terrified of gaining weight so I basically starve myself and only eat when I'm weak. My psychiatrist did diagnose my disorderd eating, but I'm not sure how to combat it

Wait so his psychiatrist diagnosed it but gave him no clue as to how to combat it? Even if they didn't give explicit information on how to combat it I'm sure if he asked his psychiatrist he might be able to point him in the right direction. Instead of you know going on the internet and asking some retards on era how to deal with it.
Quote:Yeah, to me, a 2/5 is much more like a 7/10. Both say to me that the game is flawed more than it's not, and that it might still be a worthwhile experience to have, but with some major caveats. Similarly, a 3/5 would be like a 8/10: a game whose strengths outweigh its weaknesses, i.e. a genuinely good game, with some aspects that are less than great. Similarly 4/5 = 9/5 (really great games) and 5/5 = 10/10 (absolutely incredible games).

Almost as if, if you really had to, you could convert games on the 5 point scale to the 10 point scale by adding 5 to the numerator. But in general the 10 point scale is just imo not useful because a) it's too granular, and b) the bottom half of the scale doesn't get used nearly often enough to make any kind of interpretation of those bottom half scores universal across outlets.

lol
Gay “Boys Club Behavior” gets a warning.

“Fuck you Cis White Men!”

The genderist moderation keeps on going.

AAAAAAAAA+
(08-26-2024, 06:30 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(08-26-2024, 06:06 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-taliban-bans-the-sound-of-women%E2%80%99s-voices-singing-or-reading-in-public.963342/#post-127691742

I mean if he's wrong and the Muslim world actually speaks out this would have been a good moment to educate him, or is it that they don't speak out. When we hear from Muslims anytime there's Mohammad caricature but not about this it seems like a fair question

Hey, calling out the Muslim world gets a ban, yet “Collective Nation of Jews” doesn’t?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-outlaws-review-thread.963525/page-12#post-127719987
Quote:I said "a huge bias against Ubisoft everywhere" and yes I see it everywhere. I did not single out just reviewers here to be clear.

Not sure why you are asking, and why you are asking in this way. I don't need to make anything clear to you, but it seem you are winding up for an angry insulting post or response or something to my opinion. Don't. I am not here for insulting discussion over a video game review. I said what I said and the Ubi bias is real.

There are also a few reviews that are very low and have some bigoted opinions, so that really skews the review too.

Badass
(08-26-2024, 05:47 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: I’d rather have government funded arts than not.

Sometimes the result is shit from a butt, as with dustborn.

I don't know about that, when it almost feels like a cultural attack designed to further stratify political sides and deepen tensions in a specific country? where the aesthetics and design are all intended to appeal to people from that country?

like imagine a US-funded game for the chinese audience set in china about how they need to rise up against the surveillance state, and whether they would find that deeply offensive, try to sanction us somehow, stop allowing our games to be released there

or a US-funded game about how islam is terrible and oppressive toward women, designed for release in the middle east
(08-26-2024, 06:50 PM)Uncle wrote:
(08-26-2024, 05:47 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: I’d rather have government funded arts than not.

I don't know about that, when it almost feels like a cultural attack designed to further stratify political sides and deepen tensions in a specific country? where the aesthetics and design are all intended to appeal to people from that country?

like imagine a US-funded game for the chinese audience set in china about how they need to rise up against the surveillance state, and whether they would find that deeply offensive, try to sanction us somehow, stop allowing our games to be released there

or a US-funded game about how islam is terrible and oppressive toward women, designed for release in the middle east

Honestly that’s a great point. Reminds me how Canadian Excel posted in US election, and political threads for a time to truthfully pick a fight, and he had no skin in the game.

Dude, no. lol 

This is just an artsy adventure game dev that wanted to appeal to the wokies. There is no deep agenda beyond an old man thinking these is what the kids want. 

While I mock the dude because he is using government funds in his 3 or 4 video game, most artsy people appreciate government funding and is not a weird thing outside Anglo countries. 

The fact that you guys are not going to go to rant like, let say China or Russia would do, is the main reason why we love you
Neppy call out

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-political-gender-gap-is-growing-as-gen-z-men-favor-trump-while-women-overwhelmingly-favor-harris.963741/page-7#post-127731702

Beardlini wrote:It's very easy to understand why this is the case for younger men. I mean, even "welcoming" spaces like era have threads bashing men on the basis of sex endorsed by staff. There's nowhere for young men to go be heard but the right.

Thank you for your service!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-taliban-bans-the-sound-of-women%E2%80%99s-voices-singing-or-reading-in-public.963342/page-3
Booshka wrote:It's much better for the resistance to come from within the country in the form of revolutionary resistance groups that adhere to leftist guerilla uprisings. These resistance groups tend to have much more gender equality and rely on the peasantry to overcome oppressive governments.

Indonesia, Colombia, Vietnam have all had revolutionary guerilla groups to counter right wing ideology, those right wing groups are usually propped up and funded by the west.

Check out The Jakarta Method, it's a great read.

Probably would take a miracle for this commie idiot to read anything detailing the atrocities commited by the FARC, ELN, Sandinistas of FSLN, and other left wing guerilla groups.  Kidnappings and hostage taking, Drug trafficking, massacres, human rights violations, extortion, destroying vital infrastructure, corruption and nepotism and centralizing power into authoritarianism, to say nothing of the extreme economic mismanagement of their retarded marxism philosophy.  These tankies live in the clouds.
(08-26-2024, 06:55 PM)DocWager wrote:

Honestly that’s a great point. Reminds me how Canadian Excel posted in US election, and political threads for a time to truthfully pick a fight, and he had no skin in the game.

Being fair, and with apologies to D3R3NG3D, there is an actual skin in the game given how close both Canada and Mexico are to the U.S., and in the case of Canada how some MAGAs are confusing Canada politics for the U.S.

But don’t fear US friends, you also have skin in the Mexican political game given how nutso and narco friendly the government party is in this moment. Willam
(08-26-2024, 07:01 PM)Boredfrom wrote:

Dude, no. lol 

This is just an artsy adventure game dev that wanted to appeal to the wokies. There is no deep agenda beyond an old man thinking these is what the kids want. 

While I mock the dude because he is using government funds in his 3 or 4 video game, most artsy people appreciate government funding and is not a weird thing outside Anglo countries. 

The fact that you guys are not going to go to rant like, let say China or Russia would do, is the main reason why we love you

“We”

Fucking Vike!
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(08-26-2024, 05:02 PM)Uncle wrote: when someone signal boosts these legitimate issues repeatedly and is consistently right about them, it's time to re-evaluate your stance

they hated him because he spoke the truth

Yeshrug
Confused

My stance is mostly the same. I just don’t think that playing the video game culture war  PR game is worth it.
(08-26-2024, 07:05 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(08-26-2024, 06:55 PM)DocWager wrote:
(08-26-2024, 06:50 PM)Uncle wrote: I don't know about that, when it almost feels like a cultural attack designed to further stratify political sides and deepen tensions in a specific country? where the aesthetics and design are all intended to appeal to people from that country?

Being fair, and with apologies to D3R3NG3D, there is an actual skin in the game given how close both Canada and Mexico are to the U.S., and in the case of Canada how some MAGAs are confusing Canada politics for the U.S.

But don’t fear US friends, you also have skin in the Mexican political game given how nutso and narco friendly the government party is in this moment. Willam

Naaaaaaaah… It’s 100% to pick a fight. Especially when he uses the “US centric topics” to complain about things. Notice she doesn’t bother making threads about shitty Canadian politics.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom, D3RANG3D
(08-26-2024, 07:07 PM)DocWager wrote:
(08-26-2024, 07:01 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(08-26-2024, 06:50 PM)Uncle wrote: I don't know about that, when it almost feels like a cultural attack designed to further stratify political sides and deepen tensions in a specific country? where the aesthetics and design are all intended to appeal to people from that country?

Dude, no. lol 

“We”

Fucking Vike!

I like the U.S. Yeshrug (as long it doesn’t go full Trumpian).
(08-26-2024, 07:10 PM)DocWager wrote:
(08-26-2024, 07:05 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(08-26-2024, 06:55 PM)DocWager wrote: Honestly that’s a great point. Reminds me how Canadian Excel posted in US election, and political threads for a time to truthfully pick a fight, and he had no skin in the game.

Naaaaaaaah… It’s 100% to pick a fight. Especially when he uses the “US centric topics” to complain about things. Notice she doesn’t bother making threads about shitty Canadian politics.

Is Excel Canadian funded art piece?
Someone should try and support a marxist guerrilla group in Afghanistan that will replace the autocratic government with a kind of workers council

Rogan
I mean, like Grummz, Jason Schreier also signal boosts a lot of legitimate issues in the industry. Bolo 

We should stop labeling him as an opportunist double faced cunt? Trumps
Yes like liking a giant tittied sorceress makes you a pedo.  Rolleyes