Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(09-15-2024, 03:03 AM)benji wrote: It's probably one of those things where they mean that bisexual women don't count because there were how many of those who were stars in 1970's rock/folk/etc. lol

It's probably one of those things where their cultural awareness barely starts a decade ago.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/steve-o-backs-out-on-transphobic-prank-after-a-profound-conversation-with-a-trans-person.981363/post-128703321

Quote:Messofanego

It just reminds me of how much fascist transphobes dress like a woman so often, like Steve Crowder or a JD Vance, and you're like waiting for them to eventually have a huge realisation that it was internalised hatred and they did want to be a woman but were too scared. Like this is a lot of effort just for a bit. I'm glad he at least backtracked after being so close to committing.

I thought saying this shit was bannable. Like the "He must be secretly gay, thats why he hates gays"

Banplz
(09-15-2024, 12:26 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(09-14-2024, 11:27 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/chappell-roan-had-a-really-cool-performance-at-the-vmas.980595/page-2#post-128696475
Princess Bubblegum wrote:Thank.👏 You.👏

I don't know why her tour is even being brought up in this thread. I'd rather not see her being discussed on this forum, if it leads to seeing men here being weird (at minimum) towards her.

The world isn't equipped for a potential lesbian megastar who is out and has Pride. (Men aren't prepared for assertive women either.)

Post #3:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chappell-roan-had-a-really-cool-performance-at-the-vmas.980595/#post-128654427
CloseTalker wrote:It's a phemonenal performance, and her success is very well deserved. She had to cancel a couple shows to make this work, which sucks for those fans, but they'll get over it. Acting like it's a huge slap in the face to fans to be on the wrong side of a scheduling conflict is a little over dramatic, and a stark reminder of how a celebrity essentially needs to be flawless in order to avoid instantaneous "fuck off, Chappell" attitude.
But that's none of my business...

They're so incredibly sensitive when it comes to this lady, it's amazing. From what I can tell she got a fraction of a fraction of criticism on RE and they're acting like it's the end of the world. Also, is a lesbian pop star really that unique?

Also the concept of "male gaze" keeps confusing me. Girl went on the red carpet with her titties out and her armor had boob plates and basically a metal thong, exactly the kind of things the burka thread would flip their shit about.

Edit:

Quote:I don't think we've had an artist like her in over 30 years.

Quote:[Image: KAnxtb5.gif]
Hopefully someone with a lot more time on their hands will give this take the proper response it deserves.

Quote:Yeah I'd love for someone explain to explain how unremarkable having an openly queer pop star who writes explicitly queer songs topping the charts is.

"It's a gay woman writing about gay things, SHE'S THE MOST IMPORTANT ARTIST OF THE LAST 30 YEARS"  Crybaby

Yeah, I wasn't going to go any further down that rabbit hole and still have an account. Like my boy said, K.D. Lang, Etheridge, Indigo girls, shit even Billie Eilish is straight up ignored and she's way bigger than Roan. Singer Gay, Lyrics gay music has been topping the charts since the 80's. BOY GEORGE. But holy shit some woman in a wig is singing about eating pussy in the backseat of a car and the whole fucking world has changed. 

Imma say the quiet part loud. She looks like a passing trans person. That's the appeal. That's it. End of story. Don't @ me hoes.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/steve-o-backs-out-on-transphobic-prank-after-a-profound-conversation-with-a-trans-person.981363/post-128703732

Quote:Melody Shreds

Are you trans?

I'm not trying to act morally superior. This wasn't a weird opinion or something this was a stunt that gets people killed. In my state it's still legal to murder a trans woman in the exact situation he was trying to create.
Maybe I'd agree with you if this didn't hit so fucking close to home for me.

The question is are you trans, Mel? Because just having moobs don't count when you still perv on girls. (And young ones too) you sick fuck.
When there's thread with a bunch of trans posters, you'll also see a bunch of little girl anime avatars Thinking
(09-15-2024, 04:03 AM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/steve-o-backs-out-on-transphobic-prank-after-a-profound-conversation-with-a-trans-person.981363/post-128703321

Quote:Messofanego

It just reminds me of how much fascist transphobes dress like a woman so often, like Steve Crowder or a JD Vance, and you're like waiting for them to eventually have a huge realisation that it was internalised hatred and they did want to be a woman but were too scared. Like this is a lot of effort just for a bit. I'm glad he at least backtracked after being so close to committing.
Wut

Ask some drag performers if they're trans. If you can deign to interact with gay men.

(09-15-2024, 04:12 AM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/steve-o-backs-out-on-transphobic-prank-after-a-profound-conversation-with-a-trans-person.981363/post-128703732

Quote:Melody Shreds

Are you trans?

I'm not trying to act morally superior. This wasn't a weird opinion or something this was a stunt that gets people killed. In my state it's still legal to murder a trans woman in the exact situation he was trying to create.
Maybe I'd agree with you if this didn't hit so fucking close to home for me.
No, it is not legal to murder trans women in Ohio.
Melody Shreds wrote:In my state it's still legal to murder a trans woman in the exact situation he was trying to create.
Quote:The stunt would have involved Steve-O getting his "whole body waxed", with all his tattoos removed via airbrush, and losing weight to "get really slender and petite". Steve-O would then attend a motorcycle rally attempting to capture "big gangs of motorcycle riders" checking him out before he reveals his real identity. "I would walk up to pull off my helmet and say, 'Yeah, dude,' and get this crazy reaction, which, predictably, would be contentious," he shares.
This is not remotely a legal scenario to murder someone.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/steve-o-backs-out-on-transphobic-prank-after-a-profound-conversation-with-a-trans-person.981363/page-2#post-128703939 wrote:You only need to look around and see the rise of the right worldwide, the Trumps and Jordan Petersons and JK Rowlings and Elon Musks in the world, as well as the massive amounts of people who follow them, to realize this isn't basic empathy. Your average normie is either misinformed or just an asshole. You need these moments for normal people to understand.
Popular

Quote:Seriously. It's like people treat trans folks as props. Shit is gross. The trans experience isn't a fucking prank to be laughed at.
Is it tho? 

Quote:Going through with something evil and changing your mind at the last second doesn't deserve praise. Let's not ignore that he never actually sought out a trans perspective on his "prank", he just happened on one of us by incredible luck. Also if more people were aware of stories about trans women (usually poc) getting violently killed for simply existing as themselves maybe we wouldn't be a fucking punchline as much.
Bring me the receipts stories. Society 

Quote:
ClickyCal wrote:Nice...calling trans people jerks for not praising Steve-O incidentally happening upon a trans person.
I imagine if we polled who in here is trans and who isn't we would see some very unsurprising statistics
Quote:What confuses me about this story is that Steve-O both apparently work shopped this with trans people before (which I seriously doubt because any trans person would tell him it's an awful fucking idea):
Quote:"I had done a bunch of workshop shows to test out material, and I had a number of trans people come to me after the shows to voice support for [the stunt]."
Yeah, REAL trans people would never be different from me after all.
(09-15-2024, 02:33 AM)books wrote: There's been a consistent ~50 (resetera or ((other)) visitors) checking out the site on a consistent basis since that one dude mentioned the bore in that one complaint thread.
You mean Naiad in the why women criticize / Burka thread?

That's literally how I found out about this website and signed up on here.
(09-15-2024, 05:05 AM)BananaBlast wrote: You mean Naiad in the why women criticize / Burka thread?

That's literally how I found out about this website and signed up on here.
That's why they ban the URL and edit references out of posts. Heart
Banana read Benji the doxxers posts and decided to join?! I can't believe this.

It's criminal!  Cop
Makes sense. 

Maybe if they don't want lurkers congregating with others who also despise their website, then maybe they shouldn't be so unapologetically, insufferably insane wtf?
Closest example I can find for a trans panic case in Ohio is a man tried to claim homophobic panic when he killed a gay man and was found guilty, Malds. Need evidence to back up your claims next time. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/crime-and-courts/2018/07/17/execution-homosexual-panic-murderer-set-10-m/792535002/
(09-15-2024, 05:27 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Closest example I can find for a trans panic case in Ohio is a man tried to claim homophobic panic when he killed a gay man and was found guilty, Malds. Need evidence to back up your claims next time. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/crime-and-courts/2018/07/17/execution-homosexual-panic-murderer-set-10-m/792535002/
No, that's evidence. The claim is that as long as panic defenses are not banned from being used by defendants then it's hypothetically possible that someone could present such a defense and be found not guilty therefore murdering trans/gay people is legal.
(09-15-2024, 03:25 AM)Cheers wrote:
(09-14-2024, 02:50 PM)BIONIC wrote:
(09-14-2024, 02:45 PM)Cheers wrote: Ah yes. People on the internet say it’s true so it must be! I thought this place was better than that 😂

Yeah this place can be pretty terrible. Most importantly though, have you posted hog yet? ufup

A suckling pig
[Image: sucklingpig6_9.jpg]

Or whole hog
[Image: Hog-scaled.jpg]

I meant you should post your penis for us all to see. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.
(09-15-2024, 12:40 AM)Venice wrote: Now, I don't want to sound homophobic, transphobic or queerphobic (because I'm none of those things) but the only reason Chapell Roan is getting a pass for her total shit behaviour is because she has turned herself into an absolutely fucking ugly pretend-lesbian.

That's it. No other reason. She's become a RuPaul's Drag Race reject.

And because the vast majority of the TransMafia who are trying, and failing, to transition on Era still look like beasts (Melody Shreds, Kyuuji, Plagiarize, etc...) it's easy for these MEN to finally find a WOMAN in the mainstream who they can relate to and worship.

Chappell Roan used to look like this. Quite a babe IMO:

[Image: a8V9ZXD.jpeg]

And then she turned into this blobby blub-blub:

[Image: k16Pk00.jpeg]

And now she's become... whatever the fuck this is supposed to be...

[Image: Y4L0d9i.jpeg]

It's fine to cancel shows if you've had a mental breakdown, illness, medical emergency, etc... But she has clearly cancelled her performances just so could attend the VMA's and get a publicity boost, which is just flat out wrong. 

It's not just a case of 'stop-your-whining, those dates will get rescheduled, people can go on the new dates' like the Era-retards are excusing her for, because those same fans have now wasted a lot of money on buying flight/train tickets, paying for hotels, taking time off from work, etc, etc... They've potentially lost thousands of dollars and annual vacation time.

But hey, on Era, it's alright. They have a new fatass LGBTQ icon to look upto and anyone who dares to criticise Humpty Dumpty in drag is clearly a woman-hating misogynist /s

Edit: Also, newsflash for these idiots: Lady Gaga did it first and did it better. When she burst onto the scene ~15 years ago, every article was about how she is a gay icon and everyone thought she was lesbian. Except, she simply milked the fanbase and attention for all it was worth and her longest relationships have all been with men. She's always been straight.

Chappell is following the exact same well-trodden path. Give it a couple of years and a couple of dozen ozempic doses. The weight will have dropped and she'll be married to a dude.

Going to be honest. I'm tired of seeing white women play at being a lesbian for attention. It's a little tired now. 

[Image: kamala-harris.gif]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappell_Roan#Personal_life wrote:Roan has dated men in the past; however, she stated that she no longer dates men

She said that she came to her "tacky pop star" appearance after discussing her inner child with her therapist.[34]

While it began as a stage name,[133] Roan has called Chappell Roan her drag persona[34][12] and likened herself to Hannah Montana.[132][134] She describes Chappell Roan as more open and confident, especially regarding sex, than her real self.[6][12][130]
Sounds about white. Rolleyes

Love that this is a Wikipedia category: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:AFAB_queens
An actual example of this was decades ago in the US. A transgender teenager was brutally beaten to death after being exposed to their sexual partners at a house party.  

The defendants were still convicted. 

Interestingly I searched the victim's name on ResetEra and didn't get a single result.
White woman going gay for fame? How original.  Rolleyes

Edit: "drag persona"? So stealing from gay culture too. How nice.

[Image: exhausted-mignon-baker.gif]
(09-15-2024, 06:00 AM)Ribosome wrote: An actual example of this was decades ago in the US. A transgender teenager was brutally beaten to death after being exposed to their sexual partners at a house party.  

The defendants were still convicted. 

Interestingly I searched the victim's name on ResetEra and didn't get a single result.

Are you calling Melody a liar?  literally shaking
Lake wrote:not gonna watch this (so far) but it strikes me as really non-optimal to have a trans woman actor playing the leader of the evil cosmetic surgery society?

(just going off the trailer)

Thinking 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uglies-official-trailer-netflix-september-13.948399/page-2

BTW feels this should be the premise of a Fairly Oodparents episode rather than a Young Adult Novel… but then I remembered their overall quality. Willam
(09-15-2024, 05:36 AM)benji wrote:
(09-15-2024, 05:27 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Closest example I can find for a trans panic case in Ohio is a man tried to claim homophobic panic when he killed a gay man and was found guilty, Malds. Need evidence to back up your claims next time. 

No, that's evidence. The claim is that as long as panic defenses are not banned from being used by defendants then it's hypothetically possible that someone could present such a defense and be found not guilty therefore murdering trans/gay people is legal.

did you know that actually all murder is legal, you can kill anyone you want at any time, because it's always hypothetically possible to present a defense of insanity and be found not guilty
WAIT… UGLIES IS A JOEY KING VEHICLE  YOU CRAZY MAN YOU CRAZY Mouf

I never heard this Roan person before, but this is what I discovered on one of their boring videos for their boring songs suggested while looking at VMA performance:
[Image: scxCwLO.png]
[Image: 5p1S3Zn.png]
[Image: BluLUPF.png]
[Image: FYLQFPl.png]
[Image: ulDOcKo.png]
[Image: RL1UBVt.png]
[Image: dXHOOWu.png]
[Image: Ncv070m.png]
[Image: nWb8iw8.png]
[Image: MBExRuF.png]
[Image: CUz4siM.png]
[Image: AHRXoJE.png]
[Image: wLT0ltv.png]
[Image: R7cFoJl.png]
[Image: fxkKjs9.png]
[Image: C3I9Cby.png]
[Image: uBHiiFa.png]
[Image: 9MEsHwg.png]

omfg
[Image: C3I9Cby.png]

lol
Wikipedia wrote:Roan considers herself a drag queen with her own persona, stating, "I've never fully understood why women shouldn't be allowed to do drag because – yes, I do drag!

No offense to drag queens but imagine is because is this but about women:

I dunno man, I’m not against drag shows but even they admit is kind of an act… a clownish performance. Doge Mike

It weirds me out because intersectionality seems to ignore this rather than discuss that race and sex are indeed different different societal phenomenon that cannot be 100% compared. Yeshrug But that's none of my business...
It's literally a song about moving to Santa Monica to become a shitty erotic dancer. This is apparently the "lesbian"/"gay" experience? How are these people not shamed for this bigotry? lol
(09-15-2024, 06:28 AM)benji wrote: It's literally a song about moving to Santa Monica to become a shitty erotic dancer. This is apparently the "lesbian"/"gay" experience? How are these people not shamed for this bigotry? lol

Maybe is supposed to be like glam rock? I really dunno…
Le Tigre was more queersexual lesbionist than this horseshit 20 years ago. Zoomer gays are such posers.