Random Gaming Talk
For when you don't want to make a thread
Tekken 8 is horrible, that is all.
2 users liked this post: saltygeneraltso, Gameboy Nostalgia
(10-23-2023, 10:56 AM)MMaRsu wrote: Tekken 8 is horrible, that is all.

noooo, what's wrong with it?
https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsFC/comments/17f04ie/truly_a_game_of_all_time/
1 user liked this post: TylenolJones
(10-20-2023, 06:44 AM)benji wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsFC/comments/17bimut/this_glitch_is_getting_out_of_hand/

Dead Dead Dead Dead
(10-23-2023, 08:25 PM)Nintex wrote:

Nothing, it's awesome.

$3 this weekend friends. HEAD TO TOE SOUL PLAYA
3 users liked this post: chronovore, MMaRsu, D3RANG3D
https://www.theverge.com/2023/10/26/23933049/microsoft-reorg-xbox-marketing-ai-leadership-changes

Xbox leadership shake up. Matt Booty will oversee all studios and content as President of Studios and Content, including Bethesda following Hines departure and Activision too when Kotick leaves next year I assume.
Sarah Bond will be President of Xbox leading the hardware and services side. Phil Spencer will remain as CEO of Microsoft Gaming.

[Image: well-then-mario.gif]
1 user liked this post: MMaRsu
Good, should be able to 100% Super Mario Bros Wonder tonight. Already replayed both the original Alan Wake plus DLC and American Nightmare last week. 

I'm ready.
Don't worry guys, EA patched the soccer game:
EA drops the FIFA license, soccer game is even more broken than usual, great start for EAFC  lol

90 or higher MC scores in 2023 for AAA games and DLC's so far

Baldur’s Gate 3
Diablo 4 (on PC)
Resident Evil 4
Street Fighter 6
Alan Wake 2
Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed 
Metroid Prime Remastered
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

There's plenty of games just missing the mark at 89 or 87 like Pikmin 4, Resident Evil 4: Seperate Ways and Dead Space.

insane year for gaming.

Games that could still join the 90+ club this year
RoboCop: Rogue City
Star Ocean: The Second Story R
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Persona 5 Tactica
Super Mario RPG
Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

Imagine if they do. Shocked Pikachu
Alan Wake 2 PC setting seem to match if exceeded the super raytracing Cyberpunk requirements.

Feel like I should play Quantum Break one of these days. Really into every other Remedy game.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
Dear lord, the final level in Super Mario Bros Wonder almost threw a wrench in my plans. Took me like an hour to finally beat that one.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
Basically had to cheat to get through the invisibility section at the end. Put a rubber band around my Switch screen so I could pinpoint my character's position during that part.

Alan Wake 2 is now almost done downloading.
Hopefully you got the flagpole the first time.
Yeah I did.

I could manage the bouncy bits just fine, but the balloon fish part sucks major ass with the invisibility badge. Apparently you can cheese it as well by using Yoshi and adding a second player on top of him. Player 1 get's a crown above their head in multiplayer.
Japanese sales

Super Mario Bros. Wonder = 638634

Sonic Superstars = 4128

1 user liked this post: Potato
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
Open Beta for this now through Nov 5, also on consoles:
(10-27-2023, 10:51 PM)Nintex wrote: Japanese sales

Super Mario Bros. Wonder = 638634

Sonic Superstars = 4128

Note that this is only sales data for the Switch version, which has issues, but the other platforms didn't show up on the sales chart, so not looking good
[Image: Bx11OJy.jpg]
1 user liked this post: Potato
Holy fucking shit

[Image: alanwake2screenshot2011i3f.png]

[Image: alanwake2screenshot208hefa.png]

[Image: alanwake2screenshot206wi25.png]

[Image: alanwake2screenshot20t7edr.png]

Peak Fincher fellas, peak Fincher. Sam Lake Bowdown Remedy Bowdown
2 users liked this post: chronovore, TylenolJones
Rockstar should remaster Max Payne 3. Add an option to skip cutscenes. Let me re-experience the airport shootout. That shit was amazing.

2 users liked this post: chronovore, Nintex
Well probably get it if the upcoming Max Payne 1&2 remakes do well. Based on the 
New York
parts in Alan Wake 2, those remakes are going to look amazing.
If they have the same visual fidelity as Alan Wake 2 and they nail the gunplay, Max Payne 1+2 could be GOTY contenders. Those games were so far ahead of their time and the action shooter genre hasn't evolved much since then. In fact, most other games in that subgenre like 007 EON, The Punisher and Enter The Matrix were practically all Max Payne 2 clones. And honestly, Max Payne 2 was still better. Only Stranglehold came close. Of course the industry moved on to Resident Evil 4, Gears of War and Uncharted being the 'templates' for new third person shooters. As many licensed action games had hurt the subgenre of just running and gunning.

Max Payne 3 has aged a bit but is still very playable today. Played it recently on the Steamdeck still an underrated banger in my book but just an odd duck in those days as it was all about shooting and not exploring or Playstation 'cinema'. I also remember a bit of a backlash as you basically played a gung-ho American alcoholic going on a killing rampage in the Brazilian favelas trying your best to slo-mo shoot them in the dick.

Most prefer 'open worlds' these days but I feel that it might be shifting as Alan Wake 2 like the Resident Evil remakes shows that you can make smaller confined spaces much more detailed and prettier with todays hardware than large open worlds. 

For the first time in a Remedy game it feels like the character I'm controlling has some weight to them. In Max Payne 2, Alan Wake, Quantrum Break and especially CONTROL it feels much more fast and responsive, like you're floating across the floor (in CONTROL literally at times). In that sense Alan Wake 2 feels more like the Resident Evil remakes.
No new games, remasters only now. Trumps
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, MMaRsu
(10-23-2023, 08:25 PM)Nintex wrote:

Boring ass roster, only three new characters.
Filled with special attacks, HEAT gage (which is sort of like supers in SF), Ultra finishers (Rage art)

To me Tekken isn't about special moves, it's about gauging what your opponent is going to do.

Like this is peak Tekken to me. Or TTT2 (my guilty pleasure, not that balanced)

But seriously launching a new fighting game 6 years after the last one, and only having three new characters is straight ass.
Then also ripping out fan favorites like Lei, Armor King to sell them as DLC later grinds my gears.

Netcode is also trash compared to SF6. I also hate the bounding system, where you'll just get combo'd and unable to retalliate in any way, because your character is on the ground/half in the air and still getting juggled to death.
(10-31-2023, 08:21 PM)Nintex wrote:

Clowns at the head.

Lots of these layoffs were hit at long working people, people who have been with the studio for 20 years

Probably because their shares would be vested after a certain period after the Sony acquisition, but when those people are fired before the shares get vested, they return to Bungie.
It was pretty obvious that they sold to Sony to cash out after Destiny peaked and Sony needed some GAAS expertise and a counter-blow to Microsoft buying Activision ASAP.
Now with Ryan out the GAAS focus at PlayStation is being reversed and Bungie missed the revenue target by 45%.  lol  

Costs are way too high for the PlayStation division anyway. I don't believe these stories about Sony planning to buy more developers/publishers.
They think they already won the battle they wanted to win and I think they're right.

(11-01-2023, 07:29 PM)MMaRsu wrote:
(10-31-2023, 08:21 PM)Nintex wrote:
Clowns at the head.
Lots of these layoffs were hit at long working people, people who have been with the studio for 20 years
Probably because their shares would be vested after a certain period after the Sony acquisition, but when those people are fired before the shares get vested, they return to Bungie.
Peeps are under NDA obviously but it seems to me like some of those folks simply took the opportunity of a golden parachute offered to them and retired early.
Silent Hill is back!